HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VI

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
3 other teams....Hmmm...Maybe Washington, San Jose, Vancouver?

Old
08-14-2010, 08:10 PM
funky

people have to remember that Lucic will be 22 when this season starts. Most power forwards don't hit there stride until mid 20's to late 20's. If we brought a team into town that could throw out on each line, a Lucic, a Brown, a Simmonds and a Clifford to play with a group of skilled players including big bodies like Kopitar, Poni and Handzus we would really tire out opposition defence causing turn overs and scoring chances. We would also keep the oppositions heads up on breakouts as all the boys mentioned above can crush people and score.

Old
08-14-2010, 08:13 PM
markisonfire

If Mitchell does sign, does he pair with Jack or Drew? If he pairs with Jack, maybe Jack's offensive game will really shine...

Old
08-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
If Mitchell does sign, does he pair with Jack or Drew? If he pairs with Jack, maybe Jack's offensive game will really shine...
I would think that he starts with Jack, even though they both shoot left. Scuderi give Drew a lot of room out there to do his thing and they are already familiar with each other.

With Murray, I'm sure we will see all combinations, forwards and defensive pairs.

Doughty and Greene are the only righties on the big club. Voynov and Tuebert too.

Old
08-14-2010, 08:40 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
people have to remember that Lucic will be 22 when this season starts. Most power forwards don't hit there stride until mid 20's to late 20's. If we brought a team into town that could throw out on each line, a Lucic, a Brown, a Simmonds and a Clifford to play with a group of skilled players including big bodies like Kopitar, Poni and Handzus we would really tire out opposition defence causing turn overs and scoring chances. We would also keep the oppositions heads up on breakouts as all the boys mentioned above can crush people and score.

Someone finally gets it.

Old
08-14-2010, 08:56 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

lucic would be nice....but the price to get him wont be friendly....it wont be stoll and moller

Old
08-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Glockaxis

How about Stoll, Moller, and a pick?

Old
08-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Anjae11Eden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
You can't win games without scoring goals. Lucic couldn't will Boston over the Flyers in the playoffs last spring and he is not worth 4 million a year no matter how much you try and convince people.

Btw, Clifford is about 2 inches and 25 pounds less than Lucic. Sorry, but those are facts.
What is the point here? Lucic had 9 pts in 13 play-off games, but because they didn't beat Philly in the play-offs Lucic isn't worth 4 Mil? He had 5pts including 4 goals that I know of against Philly. I believe those points are equal to Kopitar's 1st round #s....Except more goals. What were you saying about goals? Does this also mean that no one on the B's is worth anything because they didn't beat Philly?

BTW Not that it matters, but I don't think Lucic has 25 pounds on Clifford. But he did go toe to toe with Ivanans so I'm sure I wouldn't want to see Clifford fight him anytime soon.

Last edited by Anjae11Eden: 08-14-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old
08-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjae11Eden View Post
What is the point here? Lucic had 9 pts in 13 play-off games, but because they didn't beat Philly in the play-offs Lucic isn't worth 4 Mil? He had 5pts including 4 goals that I know of against Philly. I believe those points are equal to Kopitar's 1st round #s....Except more goals. What were you saying about goals? Does this also mean that no one on the B's is worth anything because they didn't beat Philly?

BTW Not that it matters, but I don't think Lucic has 25 pounds on Clifford. But he did go toe to toe with Ivanans so I'm sure I wouldn't want to see Clifford fight him anytime soon.
Yes.

Old
08-14-2010, 09:27 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Well that was worth the wait. Now that we have our dman lets hope that we can get our actual top six forward in place before next weekend.

Old
08-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Well that was worth the wait. Now that we have our dman lets hope that we can get our actual top six forward in place before next weekend.
umm...what?

Old
08-14-2010, 09:37 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
umm...what?
Wondering the same thing.

Old
08-14-2010, 10:13 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

sportsnetmurph:
Willie Mitchell spotted in LA with Kings Brass and Kypreos says they are trying to sign him. Kipper also tweeting Van not out of mix still

He was probably here for a physical, I'm guessing he makes his decision Monday.

Old
08-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Kid_Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
sportsnetmurph:
Willie Mitchell spotted in LA with Kings Brass and Kypreos says they are trying to sign him. Kipper also tweeting Van not out of mix still

He was probably here for a physical, I'm guessing he makes his decision Monday.
Leave him alone. Get your dirty hands off our Willie.

Old
08-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
I'll be soooo happy if we get Mitchell...

Scuderi-Doughty
Johnson-Mitchell
Hickey/Fransson/Voynov-Greene
Ex: Drewiske

Drewiske fills in for Greene for the beginning till he's healthy.

That's a damn good defense. Each line has a defensive dman on it. I hope JJ keeps improving.

Oh, and just for fun...

Last edited by Cook24: 08-14-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old
08-14-2010, 10:30 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

So now I have heard from three different people (none of them know each other at all by the way) that we might actually be considering moving one of our most highly thought of young forwards and one of our touted d prospects for a legitimate top sixer?

Seems weird to me but it looks like there is enough momentum behind the rumors for them to make their way to me so I am just curious if anyone else has heard anything.

Don't want to post the name(s) or anything because they are unfounded rumors, just thought I would check with the board.

Old
08-14-2010, 10:34 PM
wicker

Quote:
So now I have heard from three different people (none of them know each other at all by the way) that we might actually be considering moving one of our most highly thought of young forwards and one of our touted d prospects for a legitimate top sixer?

Seems weird to me but it looks like there is enough momentum behind the rumors for them to make their way to me so I am just curious if anyone else has heard anything.

Don't want to post the name(s) or anything because they are unfounded rumors, just thought I would check with the board.
The only thing we've heard is from CBGB. He said that the Kings were going hard after Mitchell, which is true, and that we are looking at a top six forward in the Eastern Conference, and will probably make a trade once Kovalchuk signs. He implied that it was Gaborik, and that's the part that boggles my mind.

Edit: As long as we aren't trading Schenn and Bernier, then everything else is cool.

Old
08-14-2010, 10:59 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Matt is only saying what several other people have been saying since the Kovy contract was thrown out by the league (if you look back you can see who knew which way that would end up and who thought otherwise) regarding Gabby.

It will be easy to know how it will work out for us depending on which east coast team that he signs with and then how much we would have to pay to make things work for us.

What I am hearing is something different and it doesn't involve Bernier or Schenn so we will be cool on that front but, we will be giving up a pretty well loved kid if this goes through.

No pm's from the boys yet so maybe it isn't likely.

That would be good in my opinion.

Old
08-14-2010, 10:59 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

The only highly touted young forwards we have are Schenn and Simmonds and I dont want them being traded.

Old
08-14-2010, 11:04 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Neither do I, at least not for any of the rumored forwards that they would cost us to get.

So has anyone heard that slick willie might be pulling a kovy on us? Hey, current team, the kings are offering this much, how about you?

The deal was put to bed and WM's agent pulls the "let me give it one more look and then get right back to you" number? Time will tell on how this works out.

Old
08-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Matt is only saying what several other people have been saying since the Kovy contract was thrown out by the league (if you look back you can see who knew which way that would end up and who thought otherwise) regarding Gabby.

It will be easy to know how it will work out for us depending on which east coast team that he signs with and then how much we would have to pay to make things work for us.

What I am hearing is something different and it doesn't involve Bernier or Schenn so we will be cool on that front but, we will be giving up a pretty well loved kid if this goes through.

No pm's from the boys yet so maybe it isn't likely.

That would be good in my opinion.
I'm so glad it isn't Quick.

Old
08-14-2010, 11:13 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Some football reporter in Buffalo says he's hearing rumors of Brown for Roy+Butler, LULZ!

Old
08-14-2010, 11:16 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I hadn't heard that one but then again, I don't know any plugged in people in Buffalo so who knows? DB being moved would be a weird and interesting situation for us. Not one that I want to see but why put anything outside of the realm of possibility, right?

Old
08-14-2010, 11:20 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
I hadn't heard that one but then again, I don't know any plugged in people in Buffalo so who knows? DB being moved would be a weird and interesting situation for us. Not one that I want to see but why put anything outside of the realm of possibility, right?
I can see Brown being moved for Roy and Butler and Simmonds sliding into Brown's spot,

You would probably then see Stoll being moved, but the lineup would look like this

Smyth - Kopitar - Williams
Stoll/Richardson - Roy - Simmonds
Ponikarovsky - Handzus - Parse
Clune - Stoll/Richadson - Westgarth/Clifford/Moller

Doughty - Scuderi
Johnson - Butler
Greene - XXXXX

etc.

Old
08-14-2010, 11:24 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

What if, and this is hypothetically speaking but what if Simmonds was no longer a King? Then it would be a different line up. Even adding the forward that would hypothetically coming back this way.
Hypothetically speaking of course.

Closed Thread