HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey/NHL Video Game Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-15-2010, 05:12 PM
  #51
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM
 
The Dark Passenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vermont -> Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni1994 View Post
Que?
Rotisserie: say theres 12 teams. Scoring is done like each weak. Who ever has the most goals for the week gets 12 points, whoever got the second most goals gets 11, etc etc etc all the way down to 1 point. Other catagories are usually, assists, points, +/-, PIM, power play points, and for goalies, wins, GAA, and saves.

Head to head: each week you get a match up with an opponent, whoever gets the most points based on the same categories above gets a win.

Custom: Points based on whatever categories you want, can be head to head or rotisserie.

The Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2010, 05:45 PM
  #52
AJRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Essex
Country: England
Posts: 2,420
vCash: 500
I've only ever played H2H but it probably wouldn't be too hard to get used to roto if that's what people agreed upon. Live drafts are better, I'll just drag myself up for it.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2010, 05:52 PM
  #53
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,657
vCash: 500
I found a website, fantrax, that has free keeper leagues if anyone is interested. It's not available to register yet, though.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2010, 06:07 PM
  #54
Schweiker17
Registered User
 
Schweiker17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG MVP View Post
Personally I prefer head to head leagues...I find it to be a little easier.

A live draft would probably be better but considering that people are in different time zones that could create some problems in choosing a good time for everyone.
i agree with head to head leagues, and live drafts are enjoyable

Schweiker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2010, 06:08 PM
  #55
Schweiker17
Registered User
 
Schweiker17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
im definitly in

Schweiker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2010, 06:21 PM
  #56
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,492
vCash: 500
Generally HF seems to like Head to Head, although I prefer the Roto leagues since you go up agaist the best players every night.

One of my main reasons to join a league is it gives me a reason to watch those west coast games at Midnight. A bit more intriguing when its your team against everybody in a one season league

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2010, 06:38 PM
  #57
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,657
vCash: 500
Keeper League

I was able to create a Keeper League on Fantrax. 12 teams. PM ME if interested.

- Going to be head to head
- 8 Forward, 4 Defense, and 2 goalie positions with 6 reserve players
- 1pt for assists, 2pts for goals, 0.25 for SOG, 1 for +/-, 0.5 for PIMS, 5 for GWG, 5 for hat trick, 0.25 for saves, 8 for shutouts, -1 for goals allowed.
- 10 players are kept each off season.
- Live draft.
- 20 man roster.

Some general league vitals, can be changed once we have a full league.

PM ME if interested!

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2010, 06:46 PM
  #58
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella
 
Carlos Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,152
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I found a website, fantrax, that has free keeper leagues if anyone is interested. It's not available to register yet, though.
Regular fantrax leagues are already open and drafting, I guess keeper is different.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2010, 06:48 PM
  #59
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shat Scar View Post
Regular fantrax leagues are already open and drafting, I guess keeper is different.
Yeah I created one for anyone whos interested!

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2010, 06:51 PM
  #60
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikTheKing30 View Post
Rotisserie: say theres 12 teams. Scoring is done like each weak. Who ever has the most goals for the week gets 12 points, whoever got the second most goals gets 11, etc etc etc all the way down to 1 point. Other catagories are usually, assists, points, +/-, PIM, power play points, and for goalies, wins, GAA, and saves.

Head to head: each week you get a match up with an opponent, whoever gets the most points based on the same categories above gets a win.

Custom: Points based on whatever categories you want, can be head to head or rotisserie.
Sounds like the better option... thanks for the clarification.

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2010, 06:54 PM
  #61
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Generally HF seems to like Head to Head, although I prefer the Roto leagues since you go up agaist the best players every night.

One of my main reasons to join a league is it gives me a reason to watch those west coast games at Midnight. A bit more intriguing when its your team against everybody in a one season league
I prefer Roto, too. You and I can start one up with all of the other weirdos.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 06:29 AM
  #62
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,657
vCash: 500
Sent PM's to the guys who messaged me last night with the league sign-up info.


5 spots left in the Rangers Boards Keeper League. PM me if interested.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 06:32 AM
  #63
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26
 
Lion Hound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,701
vCash: 500
I'm in this year again too. Defrinatley want in on the HF Champions league. Also prefer head to head.


Who's the commish again this year?

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 06:39 AM
  #64
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I'm in this year again too. Defrinatley want in on the HF Champions league. Also prefer head to head.


Who's the commish again this year?
I think it's Melrose.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 09:34 AM
  #65
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I was able to create a Keeper League on Fantrax.
Should we make this just the "Fantasy" thread rather than the Yahoo Fantasy thread?

__


All right, if you were in a HFNYR Yahoo league last year, post your league's top 6 so we can sort out how many invites we can send out for Champs League this year.

Champs League:
  1. Jarmac
  2. Melrose_Jr.
  3. Chariot
  4. SPG
  5. Lion Hound
  6. The Monglobsters


HF1K:
  1. Shat Scar
  2. Garfinkel1
  3. NYRFAN218
  4. Gabborik
  5. Cynic's Bag O Dicks
  6. The Thomas J.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 11:45 AM
  #66
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post

HF1K:
  1. Shat Scar
  2. Garfinkel1
  3. NYRFAN218
  4. Gabborik
  5. Cynic's Bag O Dicks
  6. The Thomas J.
Psh, playoffs.... we should just base it on regular season standings.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 12:31 PM
  #67
Sunshine
Registered User
 
Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Per my previous msg, I want in gentlemen. PM me

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 01:07 PM
  #68
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,092
vCash: 500
I want in the keepers as well.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 01:19 PM
  #69
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz
 
McDonagh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,570
vCash: 1350
What is a keepers league? I might be interested.

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 06:31 PM
  #70
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jack Sparrow View Post
What is a keepers league? I might be interested.
It runs for more then one season (Hopefully many, many years). You get to "keep" a certain number players from your team (Say 10 of the 20 man roster) and then the players that are not kept are put into a draft and another draft is held, along with an entry draft for the players that can be selected in the NHL entry draft.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 06:33 PM
  #71
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,657
vCash: 500
Just two more spots left in the HFBoards Keeper League. PM Me if interested.

Also, for those who I responded back to a little while ago, please use your HFboards screenname when you register. Easier to keep track of things that way. Thanks!

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 08:43 PM
  #72
MetalGodAOD
Moderator
Star Rangers
 
MetalGodAOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Just two more spots left in the HFBoards Keeper League. PM Me if interested.

Also, for those who I responded back to a little while ago, please use your HFboards screenname when you register. Easier to keep track of things that way. Thanks!
There a way to change your team name after the fact? I missed this message before I registered.

MetalGodAOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 10:53 PM
  #73
Garfinkel1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 3,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Psh, playoffs.... we should just base it on regular season standings.
You must be a sharks fan

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 12:43 AM
  #74
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella
 
Carlos Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,152
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Should we make this just the "Fantasy" thread rather than the Yahoo Fantasy thread?

__


All right, if you were in a HFNYR Yahoo league last year, post your league's top 6 so we can sort out how many invites we can send out for Champs League this year.

Champs League:
  1. Jarmac
  2. Melrose_Jr.
  3. Chariot
  4. SPG
  5. Lion Hound
  6. The Monglobsters


HF1K:
  1. Shat Scar
  2. Garfinkel1
  3. NYRFAN218
  4. Gabborik
  5. Cynic's Bag O Dicks
  6. The Thomas J.

HF1k champ checking in and ready to take on Champions League. who runs it?

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 04:20 AM
  #75
AJRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Essex
Country: England
Posts: 2,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
There a way to change your team name after the fact? I missed this message before I registered.
Yep, Team>My Team Preferences. Hey presto.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.