HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Jersey & Logo Talk (Green To Stay Confirmed!)

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2010, 09:15 PM
SinBinTexan

vCash: 500
does anyone know where i can find a vector of the stars shoulder logo?

Old
08-13-2010, 09:49 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Quote:
I just wanted to see them both side by side. Seriously, good work.

Old
08-13-2010, 11:17 PM
piqued

vCash: 3722
^ Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinBinTexan View Post
does anyone know where i can find a vector of the stars shoulder logo?
Sorry, can't help you there, don't have that. What do you need it for? Making a new crest?

Old
08-14-2010, 02:31 AM
SinBinTexan

Quote:
^ Thanks!
Sorry, can't help you there, don't have that. What do you need it for? Making a new crest?
yes sort of. you know the panthers new logo? its along the lines of that but the primary logo fits awkwardly.

Old
08-14-2010, 10:30 AM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

Wow those whiteish one are very good. I am a huge fan of that

Old
08-14-2010, 11:00 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Those look really sweet, I seriously suggest you send those designs to the Stars front office. Also if your going to make a alternate jersey you should use the stars logo with the Texas concept in this pic
http://www.puckdrawn.com/.a/6a011570...7a8ed5d970c-pi
and the jersey similar to the TexasStars designs. Yes a black jersey...but I'd really love to see how it looks!

Old
08-14-2010, 12:36 PM
northstarsforever

Quote:
Good suggestions. This is the last one I'm going to do for the time being.

Bottom line is that I think something like this would sell... big time.
Those are awesome. I would totally buy one of those puppies.

Old
08-14-2010, 02:20 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Yep and, no offense to piqued, it didnt take some kind of visionary to come up with them. Im sure they did extensive research and paid big bucks to have someone design the current borefests. Its as if they overreacted to the mooterus failure so they wanted to come up with something that was very neutral. And with the switch of white jerseys this year we wont even have a logo on the crest, so they are continuing to move in the wrong direction.

Old
08-16-2010, 09:48 AM
tjcurrie

I like these ones. I gave some ideas to a guy from the Dallas Stars boards and he did them up. Im not in love with that secondary logo but it would be fine on the shoulder. Theres another secondary logo thats not showing in the pic for some reason but if you look on the larger pics, you can sort of see its a star with a Texas flag inside of it in our colors.

Nevermind the black sock. And theres 2 ideas for pants. One with the 3 stars down the side like the late 80s/91 North Stars had and one with the DALLAS down the side like we had in the mid to late 90s.

I think the jerseys are a great combo of the Minnesota days, yet are true to the Dallas Stars. Theyre pretty traditional looking aswell and I think theyre jerseys that even if youre not a Stars fan, you'll want one. Thats the signature of a good jersey I think.

Last edited by tjcurrie: 08-16-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old
08-16-2010, 07:54 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

^^

I could do with the pants with the Stars up the side. Nice touch.

The rest can go, especially the idea of a captain sporting the #9.

More green please.

Old
08-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Quote:
Those are both epically awesome. Wow.

Old
08-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
This thread is starting to make me depressed, because I know our jerseys will never look that good.

08-16-2010, 09:44 PM
piqued

vCash: 3722
But wait, there's more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
Oh yeah. Since youve now created nearly perfect home and away jerseys, you might as well create the ultimate 3rd jersey to go with them ;-)
I was doing quite well to ignore this blatant trolling attempt on my OCD until...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinBinTexan View Post
yes sort of. you know the panthers new logo? its along the lines of that but the primary logo fits awkwardly.
...SinBin sent me a new center crest concept. I took his idea and put my own spin on what a Texas shaped logo inside a circular border could look like. By itself it always looked slightly awkward as the featured part of a 3rd jersey, but hopping on the current NHL circle craze helped it out markedly.

Add in some traditional Dallas dark green and some fun new shoulder patches ripped from Minnesota's 1975-77 main logo and this was the result:

Old
08-17-2010, 01:24 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

I like it a lot. It would be extremely interesting seeing our secondary logo used like that.

Only thing I had a problem with was using the TX thing. Dallas Stars across the top with Est. 1993 (obviously they wouldn't use '67 imo) on the bottom would make it a perfect 3rd (especially with the other 2 being our home and aways). Or even have Dallas Stars Hockey Club just incircled all the way around excluding the Est. part would look sharp.

All in all, all 3 are unbelievably better than any current jersey we have. Definitely think you should send them to the Club just because they're so awesome.

Old
08-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Get the petition started (or a poll or something) and send the entire thread into front office. These are definitely worth a look for them; they'd sell big time.

Old
08-17-2010, 11:28 AM
tjcurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Casey 91 View Post
^^

I could do with the pants with the Stars up the side. Nice touch.

The rest can go, especially the idea of a captain sporting the #9.

More green please.
Obviously nobody would be wearing the #9.

As for the rest of the uniform, I gotta say I like it a lot better than the other ones being posted on here with all due respect. The green tones are off and I gotta say Im not a fan of having two green tones no mater what they look like.

Im gonna get accused of being bias here but I really think the ones I presented have more of a traditional hockey sweater look to them and likely wouldnt garner mixed reviews like these other ones would. Again I mean no offense Im just trying to be fair and rate what I see.

Old
08-17-2010, 11:42 AM
IniNew

Most of the submissions are "traditional" with sleeve and hem stripes. No verticals or anything. I prefer the lighter green and would love to see the entire NHL more further away from drab colors to more vibrant, exciting ones.

Old
08-17-2010, 11:56 AM
vofty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post

As for the rest of the uniform, I gotta say I like it a lot better than the other ones being posted on here with all due respect. The green tones are off and I gotta say Im not a fan of having two green tones no mater what they look like.

Im gonna get accused of being bias here but I really think the ones I presented have more of a traditional hockey sweater look to them and likely wouldnt garner mixed reviews like these other ones would. Again I mean no offense Im just trying to be fair and rate what I see.
The color scheme of the one you presented looks similar to what the Stars have worn for years in some form or fashion and it is fine but it is meh, dull and boring to be frank, certainly not something I want to go out and drop a chunk of change on. The Stars have had some of the worst/most boring jerseys for a while, even aside from the disastrous mooterus incident. The Stars are the only team in the league that has green as a color and it needs to be emphasized. Taking it back to a kelly green is exactly what the Stars jersey needs, it gives it a retro/throw back feel to the North Stars heritage that seems to have been completely forgotten, while retaining the Stars logo to keep it Dallas. Those couple of mock ups that Piqued did are jerseys I would happily drop money on and am wondering if there is a way to get them made even without it being an "official" jersey .

Old
08-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesURchickenFLY View Post
The color scheme of the one you presented looks similar to what the Stars have worn for years in some form or fashion and it is fine but it is meh, dull and boring to be frank, certainly not something I want to go out and drop a chunk of change on. The Stars have had some of the worst/most boring jerseys for a while, even aside from the disastrous mooterus incident. The Stars are the only team in the league that has green as a color and it needs to be emphasized. Taking it back to a kelly green is exactly what the Stars jersey needs, it gives it a retro/throw back feel to the North Stars heritage that seems to have been completely forgotten, while retaining the Stars logo to keep it Dallas. Those couple of mock ups that Piqued did are jerseys I would happily drop money on and am wondering if there is a way to get them made even without it being an "official" jersey .
This is what it should be about. I believe quite strongly that more than just Star fans would be up for a throwback feel for the Stars. I buy old Whaler and Nordique gear, and I know hockey fans would buy something with more of a NorthStar green look to it. We might even pick up a few banwaggoners out of it. The color was one of the reason I started cheering for the NorthStars some 2 decades + ago.

Old
08-17-2010, 02:03 PM
IniNew

Quote:
The Stars are the only team in the league that has green as a color and it needs to be emphasized.
What about Minnesota and Vancouver?

Old
08-17-2010, 02:23 PM
vofty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IniNew View Post
What about Minnesota and Vancouver?
nope neither one of them have any green

I guess for right or wrong I discount Minnesota because it is hunter and I'm a firm believer the Stars need to go back to the Kelly green roots, but yep I did forget about Vancouver.

Old
08-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

That third jersey is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! That's so awesome man, great job as always sir. Maybe the new owners will want new jerseys... Kind of would make sense ya know? Come in get a little it of a better profit going with new jerseys and start a new generation of Stars hockey and fans. Love that third sir, amazing job. To top it off you put the Texas logo, insanely awesome.

Old
08-17-2010, 04:43 PM
________

vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Quote:
Add in some traditional Dallas dark green and some fun new shoulder patches ripped from Minnesota's 1975-77 main logo and this was the result:

That's probably about the shade of green the jersey will be. That would be a good overall jersey. It's also not a shock the Stars are working on the green jersey after Jeff Cogen is gone.

Quote:
Love it Piqued. Okay who is sending it in to the Stars? They need someone with some imagination considering they have the collective vision of a rutabaga.
I don't know if Cogen was a big part in the terrible designs or not, but from what I understand it's great news that he is gone.

Old
08-17-2010, 06:17 PM
tjcurrie

Quote:
I agree with you completely. I do like the striping and the overall look of the ones I presented but I would like to see them done in the exact same green as the North Stars. I didnt do them up myself as Im no photoshop wiz by any stretch of the imagination. If someone here is, please take my jerseys and change the green to the North Stars green.

You guys are right that the green needs to be emphasized more and the throwback look is what we need to go with. We completely dropped the ball wiht our currents I think. Theyre decent but decent aint what we want. People loved the North Stars back in the day and still do mostly because of the jerseys and the symbol. Throwbacks are so popular these days and teams like edmonton and Philadelphia hit the nail on the head when they put out retros. We need to tap into that.

Like I said Im not a fan of the ones previously preented on here, though that green Benn jersey is kinda cool. Just not sure on the 2 tone green yet. And it kinda reminds me of the Blues 3rds. Which I do like though.

Old
08-17-2010, 07:05 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post

No offense, but my impression of the ones you posted were that they belonged in Cedar Park. They don't have a 'big league' feel to them to me.

I can see why someone would be hesitant on the 'new' green tones of the jerseys piqued put together, but IMO that is precisely where they succeed. That green would absolutely pop on the ice. The dark green of those you posted and of past Stars jerseys almost look black from any distance.

Go bold or don't bother.

Closed Thread