HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

As of today...

Old
08-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I'm sure no one needs to tell you this, but not every first round pick is going to be a hit. That's the reality of the draft. Would you prefer getting nothing back for a first round bust, or getting a second round pick back? That's why people are happy, nothing more.
There's a hit, there's better picks and there are failures. Evertime a team cannot sign for lack of performance a 1st round pick is a failure. True, not every first round pick are hits. But if most of them aren't, at least they play, at least they have a shot, at least you are able to do something with them. Not playing AT ALL, not signing them, sorry, but you can't hide this behind "every pick aren't stars". It's a miss, a big one. Like Rangers missed with Jessiman. Like Oilers missed with Niinimaki, like the Wild missed with Thelen...A miss is a miss no matter if other teams than ours made them.

Not calling the Habs the worst recruiting squad ever here....just calling what it is. The August 15th isn't the day where we learned we'd get a 2nd round pick. We'll be glad enough to get it in the next draft and I'll be the first one to jump. August 15th is OFFICIALLY the day we lost our rights on a 1st round kid. Sorry, there's nothing great in that date.

Yes this can totally turn around. Again, we pick a player I desperately want a 50 next year and I'll call Timmins a genius.....but that's on the next draft day. August 15th was not a good day 'cause in REALITY it was the end result of what a waste that pick was. It was in 2006, and it never stopped being. At least, it was consequent.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 01:47 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
There's a hit, there's better picks and there are failures. Evertime a team cannot sign for lack of performance a 1st round pick is a failure. True, not every first round pick are hits. But if most of them aren't, at least they play, at least they have a shot, at least you are able to do something with them. Not playing AT ALL, not signing them, sorry, but you can't hide this behind "every pick aren't stars". It's a miss, a big one. Like Rangers missed with Jessiman. Like Oilers missed with Niinimaki, like the Wild missed with Thelen...A miss is a miss no matter if other teams than ours made them.

Not calling the Habs the worst recruiting squad ever here....just calling what it is. The August 15th isn't the day where we learned we'd get a 2nd round pick. We'll be glad enough to get it in the next draft and I'll be the first one to jump. August 15th is OFFICIALLY the day we lost our rights on a 1st round kid. Sorry, there's nothing great in that date.

Yes this can totally turn around. Again, we pick a player I desperately want a 50 next year and I'll call Timmins a genius.....but that's on the next draft day. August 15th was not a good day 'cause in REALITY it was the end result of what a waste that pick was. It was in 2006, and it never stopped being. At least, it was consequent.
Yeah but the entire point of my post is that it's a miss, with an asterisk. I know you have to be negative about everything but really? One horribly botched first rounder in a decade and we still get compensation for it. No one's saying it's a "great day", but it's not the franchise-crippling disaster you're painting it out to be either. Come on, some first round picks are going to bust. Hard. It's the name of the game, and it happened to our franchise. Life goes on.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yeah but the entire point of my post is that it's a miss, with an asterisk. I know you have to be negative about everything but really? One horribly botched first rounder in a decade and we still get compensation for it. No one's saying it's a "great day", but it's not the franchise-crippling disaster you're painting it out to be either. Come on, some first round picks are going to bust. Hard. It's the name of the game, and it happened to our franchise. Life goes on.
Geez not that "boohoo, you're negative about everything" again when it's actually not true? So if your goal is only to read the "supposed" negative posts, how about skipping all them out with that little feature we love and adore. I also know how you love to only point out the supposed negative posts I'm adressing when actually I'm not inventing anything. That pick didn't work out. But...but...did you happen to miss that last paragraph where I give you the little positive view on it? Did you really just happen to miss it? Did you also miss in a thread where, even though we don't know how much the management had a say to it, that I salute Gauthier and his crew for "probably" having played a role in the fact that we have Avtsin, Tinordi and Leblanc where we want them? Seriously! I saluted him and the management for something we're not even sure they played a role in. Talk about negativity....

'Cause clearly I worte it's a franchise-crippling disaster? Where exactly? The day we don't sign one of our first round pick isn't a good day. CLEARLY, I'm talking about how this franchise will suck for the next 10 years because of it.

Yes sir. 25000 posts of negativity. Ban me for trolling....

Yeah, life goes on. Same for you. Even if once in a while, you might read some posts that can sound more pessimistic than "this team is great, cheer for the team" H-A-B-S. BE AGRESSIVE, B-E AGRESSIVE....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 08-17-2010 at 01:41 AM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote