HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nhl 11

Closed Thread

Old
08-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

vCash: 500
Nhl 11

Anyone get the demo that was released today?

I'd be interested in hearing what the ratings for the Canadiens players are. Also, do the Canadiens players mostly have their real faces in the game? This was a personal pet peeve of mine.

The game looks fantastic, would love to hear some opinions.

Old
08-17-2010, 04:41 PM
euphrates

i think you could only play with the Hawks and Flyers

Old
08-17-2010, 04:49 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrates View Post
probably, that's the way it's been for the past few years and their demos. I can't wait to see if they've actually improved the AI. I'm really liking the look of hitting now. dynamic hit physics is a major plus (not that it hasn't been a long time coming).

Old
08-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrates View Post
I've seen some places that you can play the Ultimate Team mode too, where you get a pack of hockey cards, and can use those players...? I need to get this demo now.

Old
08-17-2010, 04:50 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I've seen some places that you can play the Ultimate Team mode too, where you can get and use any player...? I need to get this demo now.
I'd love to play it too, my xbl ran out though, which i'm pretty sure i'd need to get the demo. I'll be getting xbl soon enough to organize a EASHL team for HFHABS, though. (360)

Old
08-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Subban is 78 and Markov is 84

Old
08-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Gio View Post
Subban is 78 and Markov is 84
The Markov rating is always a friggin joke. The guy was 34 points in 45 games with a +/- of 11.

Old
08-17-2010, 04:57 PM
elsubz

Yeah I played it all day. The game is awsome. HUT mode is pretty fun and I can see myself becoming pretty addicted to it. The first card pack I got had Markov and Subban. Markov having an overall of 84 which is rather low IMO but they seem to have lowered lots of overall (Keith has 85 BTW) and Subban has 78 with the potential of going up to 92.

The players not having their real faces has also been one of the most annoying things for me in the past games. Unfortunately they have once again messed up Markov's face in this game yet dmen like Kaberle or Gonchar have their real faces made.... PK also doesnt have his real face but this is to be expected, at least they got his colour right BTW Seguin has the same potential as Subban

Old
08-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
The Markov rating is always a friggin joke. The guy was 34 points in 45 games with a +/- of 11.
Not really, considering, Keith and Doughty are 85.

Old
08-17-2010, 05:01 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Physics are nice, they brought back Goal Celebrations, it feels like NHL 10 but better polished off, the dekes are better, cover the puck is better, new face off dynamic, players are actually pretty decent in terms of looks, not bad, I'm still trying to figure out if there are any new controls.

Old
08-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Lucius

I wouldn't read much into the rosters.

The Flyers/Hawks (the demo game) are all wrong (a mix of this and last year) and the ratings for the Habs I saw appear to be identical to the last roster update of NHL 10.

So basically... It ain't done yet.

Old
08-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
probably, that's the way it's been for the past few years and their demos. I can't wait to see if they've actually improved the AI. I'm really liking the look of hitting now. dynamic hit physics is a major plus (not that it hasn't been a long time coming).
It will still suck (AI) until they put true dynamic puck rebounds like a pinball and not have it stick like ****in glue.

The problem with EA is that they put the same AI controls when you're playing versus as when you're playing dynasty mode. Dynasty mode AI requires that many categories get randomly boosted with each different games, so that the outcome is not always you winning. But this is truly irritating when playing versus because sometimes you can be the best player and you'll still lose because the AI boosted the goalie on the other team or the pokecheck or a mix of whatever.

They also give too much advantage to the new controllers. If someone is playing in classic mode, they'll be disadvantaged from the getgo. That was a middle finger to all the old fans who loved the old controls and made EA what it is today.

Old
08-17-2010, 05:05 PM
SeriousFan09

Quote:
Markov's been getting that two years in a row, they tend to fix the rating later on in the season when he proves he's a Top 10 defencemen as per usual but an injury will always cost you in the rankings.

Old
08-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Gio View Post
Not really, considering, Keith and Doughty are 85.
Well, two years ago, they had Markov at 82 and Coburn at 83. The best Dmen were 90+.

They must've changed their rating system.

Old
08-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

I wonder about Tomas Plekanec's rating. I bet nothing has changed for him, despite a career year.

I also wonder if he has finally earned the right to have his actual face in the game. Again, I am doubtful.

Here is a teaser for the demo:

Last edited by Tricolore#20: 08-17-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old
08-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
I got it an hour or two ago, it seems pretty decent. There's a little delay between when you push the pass button and when they let go of the pass, and it's kind of annoying. They make little differences every year and it usually takes a couple days to get used to it then it's fine, so I'm not worried.

I've been having fun with the manual hipcheck, I must nail the computer with it like 5 times a game.

Old
08-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Habs13

Awwww... my hard drive died so I can't download it...

Old
08-17-2010, 05:32 PM
overlords
Hfboards

build team chemistry? how does that work? I'm intrigued.

also, i'll be contacting all the former members of the xbox360 nhl10 team soon.

Old
08-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I got it an hour or two ago, it seems pretty decent. There's a little delay between when you push the pass button and when they let go of the pass, and it's kind of annoying. They make little differences every year and it usually takes a couple days to get used to it then it's fine, so I'm not worried.

I've been having fun with the manual hipcheck, I must nail the computer with it like 5 times a game.
The longer you hold the pass button, the faster the pass. No delay if you hold it a tad longer

Old
08-17-2010, 05:36 PM
elsubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I wonder about Tomas Plekanec's rating. I bet nothing has changed for him, despite a career year.

I also wonder if he has finally earned the right to have his actual face in the game. Again, I am doubtful.

Here is a teaser for the demo:

The video forgets to mention you also get to play against team canada.

Old
08-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
It will still suck (AI) until they put true dynamic puck rebounds like a pinball and not have it stick like ****in glue.
Was just checking out someone playing the xbox demo on jtv. Agreed with the rebound physics. It's still no problem blasting a slapshot at the point into a forward's shin pads and still being first to your "rebound", for example. Rebounds do still kinda stick like glue, and are still easily and immediately handled as soon as anyone gets close enough. Dump and chase seems to be a bit more "realistic" (you can actually get the puck from a good one). Lots of "real" faces from what I see. Overall it looks alright.

It's all meaningless to me though, really. I haven't played any of them seriously since years started beginning with 20- (own 2007, played it a bit, I guess).

Old
08-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post

Well, in this case, they changed passing it seems. There is no delay. The pass is now released when you release the trigger. If you just tap the trigger, it does a weak/short pass. If you hold it for a long time, it fires a saucer pass. Really handy for two on ones, for example.

Much better than the old saucer.

Old
08-17-2010, 06:58 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
I don't get line chemistry in the ultimate league or wtv. I know playing with familiar players helps chemistry, but what do colors in the chemistry mean?

Old
08-17-2010, 07:06 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
does anyone know how to do that nifty deke where it bounces off the skate and back to the stick? Toews does it in the Intro, and I've seen the AI do it, I just don't know how

Old
08-17-2010, 07:32 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I don't get line chemistry in the ultimate league or wtv. I know playing with familiar players helps chemistry, but what do colors in the chemistry mean?
is chemistry only for the ultimate team bs? I got excited and thought they finally implemented something interesting for once.

Closed Thread