HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bernier vs. Quick

Old
08-17-2010, 12:21 PM
MKennedy

vCash: 500
Bernier vs. Quick

Hi Guys,

Canucks fan coming in peace. I'm currently in a keeper pool and we're doing our draft right now. Obviously we're still quite far away from the start of the season but the cool thing about this draft is we have a prospects draft as well.

The goalie rush has already begun and some of the top goalies out there have been taken. Funny enough Brodeur hasn't been taken but that's solely based on his age. I'm going to try and grab him in the later rounds but really have my thoughts set on drafting Bernier and relatively soon. Quick has already gone which is not suprising based on his year last year.

My question to you guys is......Will Bernier possibly be the starter this year or will it be Quick and also, is Bernier your guys starter in the future? Again, being a keeper league that could be huge.

Thanks guys.

MKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Prince

I think Quick will be the starter at the beginning of the season. Bernier will probably get around 20-25 games this year. Based on how Quick and Bernier do in those games will determine how soon he will / may take the starting job from Quick. My guess is that in by the 2012-13 season Bernier will be a starter . . . somewhere.

Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 12:38 PM
DeeMeck

Ummm...I don't think you should wait til later rounds to get Brodeur.

Bernier is a good keeper if you are in a deep league. I still think he will be the #1 by the trade deadline.

A common mistake in keeper pools is to concentrate too much on 2 or 3 years from now instead of trying to win this season.

Take Brodeur. If you don't get Bernier, some other young stud goalie will be on the waiver wire eventually.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 12:43 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKennedy View Post
Hi Guys,

Canucks fan coming in peace. I'm currently in a keeper pool and we're doing our draft right now. Obviously we're still quite far away from the start of the season but the cool thing about this draft is we have a prospects draft as well.

The goalie rush has already begun and some of the top goalies out there have been taken. Funny enough Brodeur hasn't been taken but that's solely based on his age. I'm going to try and grab him in the later rounds but really have my thoughts set on drafting Bernier and relatively soon. Quick has already gone which is not suprising based on his year last year.

My question to you guys is......Will Bernier possibly be the starter this year or will it be Quick and also, is Bernier your guys starter in the future? Again, being a keeper league that could be huge.

Thanks guys.
Bernier is a wild card. All indications are that he will be the starter for an NHL team in the not too distant future. He could get anywhere between 20-50 games this season depending on how well he plays.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Bernier will play great. Our coach is the wild card - he is ridiculously loyal to Quick. I could see Bernier getting less than 20.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Bernier gets 20-25 games next season.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 02:32 PM
onlyalad

I had Quick starting 50 and Bernier at 32 (ish).

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 02:59 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Bernier will play great. Our coach is the wild card - he is ridiculously loyal to Quick. I could see Bernier getting less than 20.
What is with that by the way?

Anyways.. Its obvious RIGHT NOW who the better goalie is, but TM will try to deflect that fact for as long as he can. Then about half way through the season it will be WAY to obvious to ignore, and will have to start Bernier.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 03:22 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Terry Murray is going to play the goalie that gives his team the best chance to win. He felt that he had a very small margin for error last season with Ersberg.

I don't know why people believe that he is so "ridiculously" loyal to Quick. Quick earned the guy's confidence last season and I expect Quick to have a fine season with more rest. The Kings will probably have the best tandem of young goalies in the league next season.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 03:27 PM
SFKingshomer

As much as I like Quick, I think Bernier steals his job pretty early. He's more technically sound and just as athletic. It's a great problem to have though...

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Pucknut50

I love Bernier but people here seem to have already given Quick the boot. Quick drop off last year was due to him being Physically and Mentally tired. It was his first full season in the NHL, plus the Olympic experience, not to mention being a Dad for the first time. It just left him exhausted. I expect him to be great this year and with Bernier the Kings have a strength at goal instead of years of weakness at that position.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quick will start, and Bernier will finish. Bank on it.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 10:39 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Terry Murray is going to play the goalie that gives his team the best chance to win. He felt that he had a very small margin for error last season with Ersberg.

I don't know why people believe that he is so "ridiculously" loyal to Quick. Quick earned the guy's confidence last season and I expect Quick to have a fine season with more rest. The Kings will probably have the best tandem of young goalies in the league next season.
Spot on as usual.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2010, 11:10 PM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Quick will start, and Bernier will finish. Bank on it.
This.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Kingurentai

Yep.

I love how Kingsfans already forgot all the strong showings Quick had pretty much 2/3 of the season. He won a lot of games for the Jones..err Kings. Not bad for his first full season. Also as others mentioned fatherhood at a young age and Olympics, which shouldn't be an excuse if you're pro, but seriously what were you doing at 24?

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote