HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wondering What Price is Doing?

Closed Thread

Old
08-17-2010, 02:25 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJeeves View Post
There are many risks. Hips, wrist, back, knee, shoulders, and as noted, being Erik Johnson, are just a few injuries one can incur while golfing.

It's not about loving Price. It's the simple fact that what he does in his off time shouldn't matter. But because it's Price, it's not enough to just vilify him as a hockey player, there's some incessant need to vilify him as a human being as well.

It's the same thing that happened to Brisebois. Some fans of this team always have to have a scapegoat. It's probably not wise to pick the player who our playoff hopes depend upon him being successful. Especially with how "fragile" he is emotionally.
When you're about to pay someone MILLIONS, it does matter.

Old
08-17-2010, 02:27 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
You put it on a platter for me.
happens when you swing too hard right...

Old
08-17-2010, 02:30 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
Oh please, you are absolutely pathetic... I rarely (RARELY) agree with Ohashi, but he proves he's a level-headed by being objective when he needs too, like here. You simply blindly hate a 23 yr old kid and will do anything to bash him? How sh*tty is your life that you get off on that stuff?

Look at my post history. I like Price, I see his potential, and I've always loved Halak. I'm not a lover or hater, I simply have a brain and have the ability to objectively observe situations, something most people on here severely lack.

The guy is riding a horse. He grew up in Anahim Lake. He's not riding a bull at a rodeo, like someone else posted. He's riding a GOD DAMN HORSE, running AFTER A GOD DAMN VEAL.

Seriously, how incredibly sh*tty and boring is your life if you feel that riding a horse is so dangerous, NHL players should not be able to do so?

Carey has a better chance at getting injured while driving his car, training at the gym, etc. Get over it, and more importantly get a life. every post from you, you're whining and b*tching about Price, about the lack of Quebec-born players, about BG, about PG, about the Kosts, about... Geez, do everyone on here a BIG favour and go follow another team if you're still so sour about the Halak trade...

PS http://www.faniq.com/blog/In-Honor-O...ries-Blog-7045
I'd love to see the threads...

Old
08-17-2010, 05:11 PM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
When you're about to pay someone MILLIONS, it does matter.
YOU are not.

Old
08-17-2010, 06:05 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJeeves View Post
YOU are not.
true. Close this topic and others. WE arent paying them anything, most of us arent paying for tickets actually. So yeah! close this board, we're not paying - we're not allowed for an opinion.

Old
08-18-2010, 10:47 AM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Reminds me of my manager at work, "how much money are we making off of this sale?"

"I'm making 11 bucks an hour, I don't know what you make."
Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
tell me you forgot the smiley or something...
Maybe one:

You don't pay his salary, no matter how you slice it. When you buy a ticket, you're buying a seat to a game. That's it. You pay the Montreal Canadiens.

They, in turn, decide how to spend that money and who they're going to employ. If they want to be upset at Carey Price for riding a horse, they have every right. They are the ones to hold up certain expecations of their employees because of the investment they have made in them.

Buying a ticket doesn't entitle you to hold him up to those same standards. You're paying for a product, you're not managing that product.

Old
08-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

this thread makes babies cry.

Incase you didnt get the FYI professional athletes are humans.

Many athletes, (hold your breathe now) have lives outside their respective sports. They participate in other activities, and have hobbies.

I know this comes as a shock to some who just until now believed that the habs players have cryogenically frozen after the last game of the year and thawed out before training camp. If the habs managment and people who pay their salaries dont mind, why make s fuss? Athletes get hurt for the dumbest reasons, i dont have a problem with horse rideing, bungy jumping, mountain climbing, or any other activity that can risk injuries.

get a life

Old
08-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I reckon we now know what Price is doing. Next topic?

/thread

Closed Thread