Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Hockey in Prague

Old
08-18-2010, 12:28 PM
realroadrage
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Hockey in Prague

Heading to Prague in October and was wondering where to check for some local hockey action. Does anyone have any suggestions (e.g., websites, team/league info)? Thanks!

realroadrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 02:46 PM
wector

Well, there are two major clubs in Prague (links are included in text) - Slavia (residing in Sazka arena) and Sparta (Tesla arena ). Here are dates and times of our first league called Extraliga.

I hope that helps. Enjoy Czech Republic

Last edited by wector: 08-19-2010 at 04:26 AM.
wector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 03:31 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wector View Post
Well, there are two major clubs in Prague (links are included in text) - Slavia (residing in Sazka arena) and Sparta (Tesla arena ). Here are dates and times of our frist league called Extraliga.

I hope that helps. Enjoy Czech Republic
great post but your Slavia link doesn't work. This one is right - http://www.hc-slavia.cz/

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 03:37 PM
realroadrage
HFBoards Sponsor

Thanks, guys.

realroadrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 04:01 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by realroadrage View Post
Thanks, guys.
remember that home teams are written as first in that schedule of games.

Old
09-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Synergy27

Hey guys, are tickets to these games always available on game day or should I try to buy them in advance?

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 06:28 PM
andersej

I am considering going to Prague around mid-April. Will the playoffs still be going on at that time? I assume it would be around that time that the finals will take place.

What are the odds that a team from the Prague area will make it to the final? I have been to Kladno many years ago and from memory, it wasn't that far away from Prague, so teams within an hour of Prague would also be an option.

andersej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 03:34 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersej View Post
I am considering going to Prague around mid-April. Will the playoffs still be going on at that time? I assume it would be around that time that the finals will take place.

What are the odds that a team from the Prague area will make it to the final? I have been to Kladno many years ago and from memory, it wasn't that far away from Prague, so teams within an hour of Prague would also be an option.
Yeah, the finals take place in that time, but Kladno will have hard time not to get relegated during this season and both Prague clubs are far away from the finals right now. I think they have no chance. Now they are just fighting for last playoff spots and donīt look like teams going to the finals. But I will inform you again if you ask here later

Old
12-19-2010, 06:24 PM
andersej

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Yeah, the finals take place in that time, but Kladno will have hard time not to get relegated during this season and both Prague clubs are far away from the finals right now. I think they have no chance. Now they are just fighting for last playoff spots and donīt look like teams going to the finals. But I will inform you again if you ask here later
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Old
01-05-2011, 05:58 PM
DeSero

I'm currently in Prague for a class and I was told my the group manager that my school group would be attending a hockey game in Prague this Friday the 9th. After looking at the schedule posted I don't see a game featuring any of the Extraliga Prague teams. Might there be another team in a different leauge that could be playing? If so, who?

DeSero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 12:32 PM
andersej

I will be in Prague from April 13 - 18.

I see that Slavia is still alive in the playoffs. If they are knocked out, what is the best way to go by public transport to the nearest teams?

Old
03-04-2011, 09:47 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersej View Post
I will be in Prague from April 13 - 18.

I see that Slavia is still alive in the playoffs. If they are knocked out, what is the best way to go by public transport to the nearest teams?
There are 2 games scheduled in that time, on April the 14th and 16th. But those are 6. and 7. game of the final serie and nobody knows if that serie won't be already over in that time. Anyway, if Slavia is knocked out in that time, the nearest teams are Liberec and Pardubice, both with solid chance to get to the final (unlike Slavia). I would probably use a train or something like that, BUT I think it wouldn't be good idea to travel there on the day of the game without a ticket. Will be probably sold out, so you'd need to get it earlier.

Old
03-06-2011, 09:08 PM
andersej

Thank you for your info. I am looking very much forward to my visit. Hopefully there will be hockey but for sure there will be beer.