HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

- Nashville News affecting NE Team

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2010, 05:34 PM
This
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devils61 View Post
does anyone think that maybe eklund is more than one person? maybe its a facade that bloggers each use and make us believe is one person
I think he started off as a person, but once someone came up with the eklund rumour generator he decided to just use that instead.

Of course he contacted the creator of it first to recode it to pull team names and divisions instead of players.

Old
08-18-2010, 05:40 PM
devils61

Quote:
Originally Posted by This View Post
I think he started off as a person, but once someone came up with the eklund rumour generator he decided to just use that instead.

Of course he contacted the creator of it first to recode it to pull team names and divisions instead of players.
of course!! cause picking 1/30 teams has a much greater chance of being accurate then 1/hundreds of players, and here we were thinking this user wasnt a smart guy

Old
08-18-2010, 06:19 PM
MyersMagic57*

the preds news isnt clear yet and may not involve anyone on their roster?

thats a terrible rumor unless of course he's talking about like preds trading draft picks for savard or something, but it sounds like it wont happen to me

Old
08-18-2010, 06:37 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vile21 View Post
the preds news isnt clear yet and may not involve anyone on their roster?

thats a terrible rumor unless of course he's talking about like preds trading draft picks for savard or something, but it sounds like it wont happen to me
Radulov/Savard swap?

Old
08-18-2010, 07:02 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
Radulov/Savard swap?
Honestly.... not the worst idea in the world.... until you realize that Nashville isn't going to pay Savard $7m this year when they've got Radulov coming back on an ELC for 1 year.... nevermind Savard's no-trade.

Old
08-18-2010, 07:32 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Devils dumping salary to NSH? Getting back picks/prospects for Zubrus/Salvador or something?

Old
08-18-2010, 10:20 PM
lightning_legwand*

JP Dumont and any prospect outside of Pickard, Wilson, Ellis, Geoffrion, Josi, Blum, Watson, and Budish for Mike Fisher!

Old
08-18-2010, 10:22 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

With all due respect to Sens fans, seeing Dumont in an Ottawa jersey would bring vomiting and convulsions unto my being.

Old
08-18-2010, 10:33 PM
This
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
JP Dumont and any prospect outside of Pickard, Wilson, Ellis, Geoffrion, Josi, Blum, Watson, and Budish for Mike Fisher!
No thanks. Fisher has similar production, and is our second line centre. We have nobody to take his place, and some (not me) would argue that he isn't really a legit 2nd line centre (meaning that we have a weakness at centre). Their caps hits are fairly similar, and due to Fisher's great two way game, along with similar production, he is better bang for our buck. Mix that with the other reasons mentioned earlier in the thread and you will see that there would probably no interest.

Adding a prospect would make the scenario a little more plausible, but since you have already taken 8 names off of the list, I would assume that we would be adding a career AHLer or another bottom pair/4th line prospect, which are a dime a dozen and not worth it.

Old
08-18-2010, 11:26 PM
habshound247

1) My guess is they are announcing the signing of Weber to a long-term deal for "monster" money(sorry to all Pierre Gauthier lovers). This affects Boston because Chara is UFA at end of 2011 season. Both are dominant players who one would think would earn comparable money.
2) And for a random prediction, the Preds are announcing they are moving to Quebec City, where a new rink will be built for 2014. They are moving into the NE division, and Boston is the odd team out. Total NHL division re-alignment.

Closed Thread