HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Nhl 11

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Not to get technical, but doesn't missing the old days of something make you the exact opposite of a noob?
Pretty much. It makes him a nostalgic person more than anything. However, as mentioned earlier in the thread, you can play with the NHL 94 controls. It takes away most of the incredible gaming features, but if all you want to do is pass and shoot, it works.

Two more things about the game:

- Just figured out the new toe drag. It's incredibly good. It's fluid and just perfect. It's the same with all the dekes, they just feel more real in 11 when you pull them off.

- I was messing around in the shootout tutorial mode and scored a goal while doing the new jumping deke. It took me a dozen tries to get it right but it's awesome. It's hard to put the puck in the net that way so it's pretty satisfying when you pull it off.

Old
08-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
So, I heard that we can add your own goal horn this year so guys, Get ready for brand new horns and songs pack this year!

I'm back at work

Old
08-18-2010, 03:03 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
Pretty much. It makes him a nostalgic person more than anything. However, as mentioned earlier in the thread, you can play with the NHL 94 controls. It takes away most of the incredible gaming features, but if all you want to do is pass and shoot, it works.

Two more things about the game:

- Just figured out the new toe drag. It's incredibly good. It's fluid and just perfect. It's the same with all the dekes, they just feel more real in 11 when you pull them off.

- I was messing around in the shootout tutorial mode and scored a goal while doing the new jumping deke. It took me a dozen tries to get it right but it's awesome. It's hard to put the puck in the net that way so it's pretty satisfying when you pull it off.
i hate that you can only take one shot and you have to restart the 'drill' again, it takes forever for them to let your player skate around freely.

Oh, and I just read that we have an online practice mode for teams. absolutely cannot wait to try that out with you guys.

Old
08-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
So, I heard that we can add your own goal horn this year so guys, Get ready for brand new horns and songs pack this year!

I'm back at work
Nice! I thought you were retired since you stopped posting them on the 2khockey.net forums.

Old
08-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
i hate that you can only take one shot and you have to restart the 'drill' again, it takes forever for them to let your player skate around freely.

Oh, and I just read that we have an online practice mode for teams. absolutely cannot wait to try that out with you guys.
Yeah man it kinda sucks but hey, it's cool enough to be able to take shots for as long as we want in a demo. We're circumventing the demo's purpose.

And I agree, as soon as I heard about the practice feature I thought about our team. The only thing we truly lacked in 10 was chemistry so it'll be a great way to build it up. Plus, it'll help Gary learn the ropes.

Old
08-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Gio View Post
Nice! I thought you were retired since you stopped posting them on the 2khockey.net forums.
Well, I have some new horn clip (Devils, Sabres and Wings) but I never uploaded them because I didn't had the time to make goal songs last year.

I'm wondering if the Pens have kept their Mellon Arena horn in their new arena though.

Old
08-18-2010, 03:53 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
I guess you can't renew player contracts on HUT demo. Ran out of players lol

Old
08-18-2010, 04:02 PM
QcnARF

Can't wait to get my hands on it. I only have fun playing the NHL games online though, and I've moved out of the family house so no more free online PS3 games. I guess I'll have to start paying for Xbox live. Until then, I have SC2 to occupy me (bought it yesterday...damn there seems to be a lot more units this time around...).

Old
08-18-2010, 04:04 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by QcnARF View Post
Can't wait to get my hands on it. I only have fun playing the NHL games online though, and I've moved out of the family house so no more free online PS3 games. I guess I'll have to start paying for Xbox live. Until then, I have SC2 to occupy me (bought it yesterday...damn there seems to be a lot more units this time around...).
Say good bye to the next 3-4 weeks of your life lol

Old
08-18-2010, 04:52 PM
QcnARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Say good bye to the next 3-4 weeks of your life lol
I know lol. I came to school today to work on my thesis, ended up taking a SC2 break that lasted most of the day....

Old
08-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I like the hitting mechanics and how they made the stick lift a little more realistic. Skill stick dekeing seems a lot more easier to use too.

Old
08-18-2010, 06:14 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I like the hitting mechanics and how they made the stick lift a little more realistic. Skill stick dekeing seems a lot more easier to use too.
Yeah although with the protect the puck I can see already how it can be exploited in a shootout, So far Im undefeated in Shootouts using the protect the puck

Old
08-18-2010, 07:10 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Yeah although with the protect the puck I can see already how it can be exploited in a shootout, So far Im undefeated in Shootouts using the protect the puck
You've had to go to shoot outs?

Old
08-18-2010, 07:15 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
You've had to go to shoot outs?
4-5 times lol

Old
08-19-2010, 01:49 AM
Komarov47

what a joke EA becomes, make the exact same game each year, the only improvement is the junior leagues and broken stick(ohh yeah big deal..) WTF? Coaches still don't have their real faces, some major players neither (Keith? Markov?), hits still looks weird (i hit Chara with Seguin WTF?), and each year all the kids run to buy it and say how great the game is.... come on, EA made a lot better work on MADDEN or NCAA....

Old
08-19-2010, 01:50 AM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
what a joke EA becomes, make the exact same game each year, the only improvement is the junior leagues and broken stick(ohh yeah big deal..) WTF? Coaches still don't have their real faces, some major players neither (Keith? Markov?), hits still looks weird (i hit Chara with Seguin WTF?)
you kidding right...?

they seriously improved the game. how bout UFA/RFA, preseason games on bap/be a gm mod, custom horns and other additions/improvements?

Last edited by Fel 96: 08-19-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old
08-19-2010, 02:03 AM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
what a joke EA becomes, make the exact same game each year, the only improvement is the junior leagues and broken stick(ohh yeah big deal..) WTF? Coaches still don't have their real faces, some major players neither (Keith? Markov?), hits still looks weird (i hit Chara with Seguin WTF?), and each year all the kids run to buy it and say how great the game is.... come on, EA made a lot better work on MADDEN or NCAA....
Madden hasn't changed in years.

NHL has made a lot of improvements.

If all you care about is a players' face, then maybe hockey games aren't your thing.

Old
08-19-2010, 02:05 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
you kidding right...?

they seriously improved the game. how bout UFA/RFA, preseason games on bap/be a gm mod, custom horns and other additions/improvements?
have they actually changed the whole rfa/ufa business? It was a bit of a joke how innacurate it was before. The 2-way contract stuff too

Old
08-19-2010, 02:13 AM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

Quote:
have they actually changed the whole rfa/ufa business? It was a bit of a joke how innacurate it was before. The 2-way contract stuff too
yes.

EA confirmed that there will have RFA/UFA in the game. (for real so it's completely brand new) Also, they said they improved the trading system in be a gm for making trades much more realistic.

Old
08-19-2010, 04:29 AM
Komarov47

RFA/UFA is an improvement, but what about game style? Have you seen how horrible the faceoff look? The fights are stil unrealistic, a player can stil handle the puck even if the puck is behind him, like i said, the hits still looks horrible... But if you're glad with your rfa/ufa and broken sticks it's up to you !

Old
08-19-2010, 04:31 AM
Komarov47

what about outdoor games? That's would be very cool to play the classic outdoor games, like last season at the Fenway Park or this year with the Habs and the FLames, it would be nice. That would be an improvement.

Old
08-19-2010, 05:58 AM
BlancHabs

Quote:
some people

Old
08-19-2010, 06:44 AM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
what about outdoor games? That's would be very cool to play the classic outdoor games, like last season at the Fenway Park or this year with the Habs and the FLames, it would be nice. That would be an improvement.
Please just stop talking, for your own good.

Old
08-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Gio View Post
Please just stop talking, for your own good.
i'm not a fan of board bashing ya know, so assuming you're about 12 to make comments like this you must be happy to play the same game each year, yeah i know "you can break your stick" wow big deal ! i know the faceoff isn't anymore like NHL10, yeah it's still crap and look nothing like reality, yeah you have UFA/RFA contract, but ya know al ot of people just don't like playing the GM/Dynasty mode, plus the hits still looks horrible, so yeah i think make the outdoor game with the real arena would be cool ! much better than "broken stick" wow you're so blind man !

Old
08-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
i'm not a fan of board bashing ya know, so assuming you're about 12 to make comments like this you must be happy to play the same game each year, yeah i know "you can break your stick" wow big deal ! i know the faceoff isn't anymore like NHL10, yeah it's still crap and look nothing like reality, yeah you have UFA/RFA contract, but ya know al ot of people just don't like playing the GM/Dynasty mode, plus the hits still looks horrible, so yeah i think make the outdoor game with the real arena would be cool ! much better than "broken stick" wow you're so blind man !
I take it you play hockey games for it's reality and not for fun? The online stuff they added is pretty fun.

Closed Thread