HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 11: 360 HF Flyers Team: You Can't Do That (Part V)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-18-2010, 02:12 PM
  #76
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I don't like the cross crease interceptions, because of how goofy they look, but I'm ok with it. What I wish you could do was zip a hard pass that your guy would try to deflect into the net, would be tough to defend but tough to get accurate so good human goalies just go butterfly and take it away.
Very good idea.

If Irish goes back to the NHL 12 conference in Vancouver, he should definitely inquire about adding that into the game.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 02:19 PM
  #77
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Very good idea.

If Irish goes back to the NHL 12 conference in Vancouver, he should definitely inquire about adding that into the game.
I made a big thing out of being able to actually score with decent wrist shots.

I should have mentioned that shooting accuracy is way too good and should be lowered though. Ooops.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 02:27 PM
  #78
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
played one game. scored about 4 or 5 goals.

I did three ****ing wristers with left hand shots. The wind up wrister and aim bottom left coming in front of the goalie. It was retarded how easy that **** was going in. The passing will need a little work, but I was doing cross crease's fine. The game is neat, but hopefully some of these retarded easy goals wont go in.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 02:32 PM
  #79
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
played one game. scored about 4 or 5 goals.

I did three ****ing wristers with left hand shots. The wind up wrister and aim bottom left coming in front of the goalie. It was retarded how easy that **** was going in. The passing will need a little work, but I was doing cross crease's fine. The game is neat, but hopefully some of these retarded easy goals wont go in.
Wow, I didnt think wristers were that easy to score on. I tested some of the glitch goals to see how well they made changes to it. Only could pull off one ridiculous toe drag wrister from the right side, but other than that it was a lot more difficult for me to score than you I guess.

I like the new puck physics system.

Another thing I wasnt too high on was the penalties. I mean sure, you dont want the guy to be held up when he gets slashed or hooked, but its almost a split second before he regains the puck, even on the high sticks. Just some things I think they should work on.

The faceoffs can get a bit confusing. I did that tutorial and couldnt figure out how to lift the stick off the draw, mustve tried at least 20 times, but just couldnt get it.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 02:44 PM
  #80
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,626
vCash: 500
I would rather goalies be too easy to score on then too hard, like Irish said the problem is that shots are too accurate. Worth noting though if you play on All star for cup battle, Niemi is a real ***** to try and pick a corner on, and the AI doe's a good job of keeping you out of the slot.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 03:04 PM
  #81
tlkamps
Registered User
 
tlkamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I would rather goalies be too easy to score on then too hard, like Irish said the problem is that shots are too accurate. Worth noting though if you play on All star for cup battle, Niemi is a real ***** to try and pick a corner on, and the AI doe's a good job of keeping you out of the slot.
I noticed that as well, I like that part a lot. As in the real game you don't want people floating around the slot unmarked. Last year it was ez pz to get into the slot. This year you get your **** tossed.

tlkamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 03:26 PM
  #82
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I would rather goalies be too easy to score on then too hard, like Irish said the problem is that shots are too accurate. Worth noting though if you play on All star for cup battle, Niemi is a real ***** to try and pick a corner on, and the AI doe's a good job of keeping you out of the slot.
They made Niemi an 89 overall or something right?

How ******* ridiculous is that?

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 08:47 PM
  #83
DjsIzzy
Registered User
 
DjsIzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DjsIzzy
Pickachu, what position do you play? I'm sure you've stated already but i'm out of town this week and my internet is slow as hell.

DjsIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2010, 10:13 PM
  #84
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjsIzzy View Post
Pickachu, what position do you play? I'm sure you've stated already but i'm out of town this week and my internet is slow as hell.
To be honest, I play whatever position you would need me to play with the exception of goalie.

Im most proficient at C, RW, and RD.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 08:45 AM
  #85
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
They made Niemi an 89 overall or something right?

How ******* ridiculous is that?
Meh, just another reason I want the Flyers to sign him.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 08:52 AM
  #86
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Played a couple more games last night....I didn't even know there was a manual hip check until Adam told me. It is officially my favorite thing about the new game so far. Started messing around with the skate to stick dekes - I'm sure they will get useful moving forward. My favorite is still the toe drag.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 09:03 AM
  #87
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Played a couple more games last night....I didn't even know there was a manual hip check until Adam told me. It is officially my favorite thing about the new game so far. Started messing around with the skate to stick dekes - I'm sure they will get useful moving forward. My favorite is still the toe drag.
The toe drag looks sick, my favorite part is how the quick dekes let you string them together. Theres a deke my buddy has pulled off where he put the puck through his own legs from his backhand to his forehand, haven't quite figured it out yet but the deking system has tons of potential.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 09:04 AM
  #88
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
The toe drag looks sick, my favorite part is how the quick dekes let you string them together. Theres a deke my buddy has pulled off where he put the puck through his own legs from his backhand to his forehand, haven't quite figured it out yet but the deking system has tons of potential.
You are pretty dangly too like me so we should have some fun with it.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 09:08 AM
  #89
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
The toe drag looks sick, my favorite part is how the quick dekes let you string them together. Theres a deke my buddy has pulled off where he put the puck through his own legs from his backhand to his forehand, haven't quite figured it out yet but the deking system has tons of potential.
An hour or so in practice mode would be enough to get the hang of it. Timing would require real human vs human practice, but whatever.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 10:05 AM
  #90
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
An hour or so in practice mode would be enough to get the hang of it. Timing would require real human vs human practice, but whatever.
Luckily there is club practice, we don't know much about it but I hope you can structure it like normal practice where you can go 5 on 0 or maybe go 2 on 1 against another human, would be great for goalie warm ups. Playing the demo it really seems like one dimensional players are going to get roasted by good players, essentially making bad players worse and good players better. I have to say I'm pretty impressed so far, but as always give EA a couple of whiners on the forums and they might ruin it with sliders.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 10:18 AM
  #91
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Luckily there is club practice, we don't know much about it but I hope you can structure it like normal practice where you can go 5 on 0 or maybe go 2 on 1 against another human, would be great for goalie warm ups. Playing the demo it really seems like one dimensional players are going to get roasted by good players, essentially making bad players worse and good players better. I have to say I'm pretty impressed so far, but as always give EA a couple of whiners on the forums and they might ruin it with sliders.
I hate the demo coming out this early, personally. It gives too much time for douchers (like you and your friends) to master all the glitch goals. No offense.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 10:28 AM
  #92
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
I hate the demo coming out this early, personally. It gives too much time for douchers (like you and your friends) to master all the glitch goals. No offense.
Haha none taken, I actually learned most of my glitches playing ranked vs when the juicing was out of control in 09, I didn't even bother with ranked vs in nhl 10 so I never really bothered with the glitch shots. Unfortunately the glitches spread like wildfire because of youtube and easportsworld videos.

I usually spend the demo finding out if the old glitch shots work, at least playing on all star I haven't found anything that goes around the goalie, but there are a few spots on the ice where you can beat the goalie pretty easily. So hopefully this makes it more like fifa where you concentrate more on where you are shooting from on the ice versus where you are shooting on the goalie.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 11:17 AM
  #93
DayoftheGreek
Registered User
 
DayoftheGreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 387
vCash: 500
Quick dekes? Toe drag? Manual hip checks? Someone explain! I just got the demo yesterday and played through the ultimate team mode, but I haven't worked out any fancy new moves yet.

What difficulty do you guys play on (that does effect goalie difficulty, right?)? Or is all this talk about it being easy to score in reference to human controlled goalies? Early in the ultimate team tourney I scored 5 goals in the 1 period they let you play on Pro difficulty. But as I started playing real teams, it went down to 1-3 goals.

DayoftheGreek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 11:20 AM
  #94
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
Hip check= push the right analog stick in when in position.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:21 PM
  #95
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post
Quick dekes? Toe drag? Manual hip checks? Someone explain! I just got the demo yesterday and played through the ultimate team mode, but I haven't worked out any fancy new moves yet.

What difficulty do you guys play on (that does effect goalie difficulty, right?)? Or is all this talk about it being easy to score in reference to human controlled goalies? Early in the ultimate team tourney I scored 5 goals in the 1 period they let you play on Pro difficulty. But as I started playing real teams, it went down to 1-3 goals.
All-Star and 'Normal' are the settings that I set it too. This is what the setting is online for 10 so I'm assuming its the same.

RE: Adam Stager.

It made the wrist shots alot less effective but in a good way. The pro setting an idiot could score.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 02:07 PM
  #96
IAN aka RYAN
Registered User
 
IAN aka RYAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Del.Co. PA
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
I feel like this game is more catered to my style of play than 10. I feel like a beast out there.

IAN aka RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 04:00 PM
  #97
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Preordered the game, got the release date delivery.

Played it a few more times. It seems alot more fluid. I also like how the gameplay is a bit slower too. I think our good players will still be good, but I wont be *****ing people out for awhile till we all get at least a month under us.

PS, when I get this game, a girly shall be visiting for quite some time. Shes hot as ****. JSTAFF and EJ, you should know who im talking about. Anyway, Im sure she'll be hopin on the mic.


then something else later.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 09:50 PM
  #98
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Preordered the game, got the release date delivery.

Played it a few more times. It seems alot more fluid. I also like how the gameplay is a bit slower too. I think our good players will still be good, but I wont be *****ing people out for awhile till we all get at least a month under us.

PS, when I get this game, a girly shall be visiting for quite some time. Shes hot as ****. JSTAFF and EJ, you should know who im talking about. Anyway, Im sure she'll be hopin on the mic.


then something else later.
This post is full of win.

And yes, she is hot as ****. You lucky dog you.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 10:07 PM
  #99
ihatebraydenschenn
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SunnyvaleTrailerPark
Country: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Probably won't get NHL 11 until it drops in price. $60 for new sports games each year is complete BS. EA is really starting to piss me off. Each year we get a "brand new" game. Each year we get games filled with exploits and gimmicks. Why do the people in Madden still run like they have sticks up their *****? Why is the AI defense in NHL ## so horrible? Why can't EA make some actual changes to a game like 2K sports did each year until they got shafted by EA? NFL 2k5, arguably the best NFL game, was released for $20 brand new. It contained tons of dramatic changes to gameplay.

Honestly, I think NHL 08 was better than 09 and 10. The board-play additions in NHL10 were cool, but they were featured in NHL2ksomething back in the mid 2000's. EA was a little late to the party and it wasn't even executed that well.

With that said, I'll play the demo of NHL 11 and read up about the game before deciding on my purchase. If great changes have been made to the game I'll definitely pick it up, otherwise I play NHL 10 but I've been balls deep with FIFA World Cup 2010. Gamertag - nub whisperer

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 11:08 PM
  #100
redfield85
Registered User
 
redfield85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to redfield85
Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
Probably won't get NHL 11 until it drops in price. $60 for new sports games each year is complete BS. EA is really starting to piss me off. Each year we get a "brand new" game. Each year we get games filled with exploits and gimmicks. Why do the people in Madden still run like they have sticks up their *****? Why is the AI defense in NHL ## so horrible? Why can't EA make some actual changes to a game like 2K sports did each year until they got shafted by EA? NFL 2k5, arguably the best NFL game, was released for $20 brand new. It contained tons of dramatic changes to gameplay.

Honestly, I think NHL 08 was better than 09 and 10. The board-play additions in NHL10 were cool, but they were featured in NHL2ksomething back in the mid 2000's. EA was a little late to the party and it wasn't even executed that well.

With that said, I'll play the demo of NHL 11 and read up about the game before deciding on my purchase. If great changes have been made to the game I'll definitely pick it up, otherwise I play NHL 10 but I've been balls deep with FIFA World Cup 2010. Gamertag - nub whisperer
To be honest, I would rather pay $60 for the NHL series every year than for any other game. The past two years I have gotten more than $60 worth each year out of the games. With our online league on the Penny Arcade Forums and playing in the EASHL, we have formed a nice little group of guys over there.

Nub whisperer? That sounds familiar. Are you friends with a Frank or Mark from King Of Prussia?

redfield85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.