HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Price stay's confident all year round

Old
08-19-2010, 12:16 PM
BigHabs

vCash: 500
If Price stay's confident all year round

If Price was to keep his confidence all year round, and the team plays a bit better in front of him.

Because Cammalleri and Subban already gave him their vote of confidence. Gill even thinks this guy is good. To have Gomez say he has his head on his shoulders good and shows flashes of being like Brodeur. Price has the teams vote of confidence.

If he can stay consistent and keep that confidence flowing all year round, he could be dynamite.

So the question is if all falls in to place and Price stays confident who many:

1. Games will he be looking at this season?
2. How many wins?
3. AS game a possibility or no?
4. If he gets elected for the AS like before, he came in with the injury, and like Don Cherry said they should of rested him, but do you think it would be a good idea for him to play if he gets nominated?

Last edited by BigHabs: 08-19-2010 at 12:37 PM.
BigHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
If Price was to keep his confidence all year round, and the team plays a bit better in front of him.

Because Cammalleri and Subban already gave him their vote of confidence. Gill even thinks this guy is good. Too have Gomez say he has his head on his shoulders good and shows flashes of being like Brodeur. Price has the teams vote of confidence.

If he can stay consistent and keep that confidence flowing all year round, he could be dynamite.

2. How many wins?
4. If he gets elected for the AS like before, he came in with the injury, and like Don Cherry said they should of rested him, but do you think it would be a good idea for him to play if he gets nominated?

1) 65
2) 37-18-10
3) Always possible
4) doubt it.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Maxpac

Quote:

Because Cammalleri and Subban already gave him their vote of confidence. Gill even thinks this guy is good. Too have Gomez say he has his head on his shoulders good and shows flashes of being like Brodeur. Price has the teams vote of confidence.

2. How many wins?
When was this?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:36 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
When was this?
I believe it was after the Vancouver thing when he punched a hole in the wall in the lockerroom in Vancouver. It could of been before that, I remember watching it on TSN, it was after a game and Gomez was in the lockerroom after a game and they asked him about Price's performance. What he said was he had his head on his shoulders, and he reminded him a bit of Brodeur when Gomez was in Jersey.

BigHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:43 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Price will have a great season

End of the story

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Carey Chant

I don't see Price staying confident all year round, at least not in Montreal, WAY too much pressure. Here's a player where the media and fans can get under his skin a lot easier than other players due to his age and immaturity. Being a goalie in Montreal you are put in the spotlight at all times, a couple bad goals, a couple bad losses in a row and the fans will let you know.

1) 50-60 games (injury free, if he gets hurt it takes a few games to get back in the flow for Price and he tends to lay a few eggs in the process
2)30 wins for the first time in his NHL career. I expect at least 20 losses since he will be in the nets for a lot more games.
3)Allstar game because he gets voted in, multiple goalies with better numbers are left off because AS game is a popularity contest.
4)If he's not healthy he shouldn't play in the AS game but nobody wants to miss the AS game since it's a great experience.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Ginu

Who is Price stay?

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:51 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincecarder View Post
I don't see Price staying confident all year round, at least not in Montreal, WAY too much pressure. Here's a player where the media and fans can get under his skin a lot easier than other players due to his age and immaturity. Being a goalie in Montreal you are put in the spotlight at all times, a couple bad goals, a couple bad losses in a row and the fans will let you know.

1) 50-60 games (injury free, if he gets hurt it takes a few games to get back in the flow for Price and he tends to lay a few eggs in the process
2)30 wins for the first time in his NHL career. I expect at least 20 losses since he will be in the nets for a lot more games.
3)Allstar game because he gets voted in, multiple goalies with better numbers are left off because AS game is a popularity contest.
4)If he's not healthy he shouldn't play in the AS game but nobody wants to miss the AS game since it's a great experience.
sounds about right, i think also around 60 games, 30-35 wins. though im a bit more optimistic when it comes to his confidence and his maturity to start the season. i think halak was great example of what he can accomplish, with the teammates, the media and the fans. and im sure he would like to replicate.

as for AS game, dont really care imo.

Doubt it will be a breeze of a season for Price, but am confident he will do well (suprised? )

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 01:05 PM

I'd settle for Habs fans having a little confidence in Carey Price.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Carey Chant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I don't even like him and I still say 30 wins so that's some confidence from a non Price believer. Playoffs, that's another story, that's where I worry about Price.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 01:17 PM
shutehinside

I feel that sometimes when a team is super confident in their goalie they sometimes take more chances and play a little more lax defensively because they think their goalie will bail them out. I think this started to happen a bit last year after Prices amazing start. They played much more responsively when Halak was in net IMO. Not to take anything away from Halak who obviously did the most with it. If they can play like that in front of Price and he concentrates on his play, I think we'll be in great shape. Price just can't have a meltdown and needs to keep his eyes on the prize.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 01:18 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
This. He's the only reason we were even in some of the games at the beginning of last season. I'm no price fanboy, but when that kid is on, there's few better than him in the league.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 01:30 PM
GordonGraham

1) 60
2) 24- 29- 7
3) NO
4) who cares about AS game he should enjoy the rest

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 02:29 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Oh boy.....
There is going to be a lot of bummed out people this winter.

Price is going to crap the bed this season.

End of story. Literally.

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 02:32 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Oh boy.....
There is going to be a lot of bummed out people this winter.

Price is going to crap the bed this season.

End of story. Literally.
Don't I know you. Somewhere...? That's right, you were the guy from Jojo's Psychic network! How's it going? I see you're still making outlandish predictions again.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Speculation: If Price signs with the Habs

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
This. He's the only reason we were even in some of the games at the beginning of last season. I'm no price fanboy, but when that kid is on, there's few better than him in the league.
I just don't understand how/why people have seemingly thrown in the towel when it comes to Price. It's like forget all the great things he's accomplished and let's just focus on some of his struggles, which really, are normal for ANY goaltender of his age and are even more compounded considering the fact he plays in Montreal.

Imagine guys like Ryan Miller, M-A Fleury, Cam Ward, Roberto Luongo (all goalies who started young and initially struggled) had started their careers in Montreal?

There's just no perspective amongst this fanbase...and this fanbase loves to build up their heroes but loves just as much to tear them down once they don't reach their unrealistic expectations.

Just watch...Subban is next.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:

Because Cammalleri and Subban already gave him their vote of confidence. Gill even thinks this guy is good. To have Gomez say he has his head on his shoulders good and shows flashes of being like Brodeur. Price has the teams vote of confidence.

2. How many wins?

Ya know........IF my aunt had testicles she'd be my uncle!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 02:52 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Speculation: If Price stays confident all year round, we'll trade his ass out!

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Stradale

Quote:
I just don't understand how/why people have seemingly thrown in the towel when it comes to Price. It's like forget all the great things he's accomplished and let's just focus on some of his struggles, which really, are normal for ANY goaltender of his age and are even more compounded considering the fact he plays in Montreal.

Imagine guys like Ryan Miller, M-A Fleury, Cam Ward, Roberto Luongo (all goalies who started young and initially struggled) had started their careers in Montreal?

There's just no perspective amongst this fanbase...and this fanbase loves to build up their heroes but loves just as much to tear them down once they don't reach their unrealistic expectations.

I think some people just love to hate.

Its insanely stupid to throw the towel on a 23 yr old kid that didn't even have a bad season but just because Halak was better, they have to hate Price.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 03:04 PM
habsjunkie2*

1. 60
2. 23 32 5
3. no
4. Won't have to worry about it.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:

Although it can be argued that most young goalies ..........to varying degrees ........may show signs of struggling at times....look at Ryan Miller's numbers (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=45065) and I think the numbers would not show any overt or consistent signs of "struggle".

Cam Ward? He won a Stanley Cup in his rookie year!

The frustration that some Habs fans have with Price - is an apparent lack of steady progress - some numbers (Ws vs Ls) may even indicate some regression in his game!

Compare that with how Halak progressed in his game and how he was able to perform at the most critical of times (i.e. playff hockey)!

If Suban plays this season anywhere near as well as he did in the playoffs - Habs fans will be cheering him, not booing him! Suban had to win a job - the starting job has been repeatedly handed to Price.......and what has he done with it?

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
1. 60
2. 23 32 5
3. no
4. Won't have to worry about it.
Are you a HABS junkie? I fear you're something else if you really believe your own own projection.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Rambler5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Who is Price stay?
Good one!!

Rambler5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 03:11 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Are you a HABS junkie? I fear you're something else if you really believe your own own projection.
Hey, he had 13 w in 41 games this year and I expect that trend to continue. I thinks it's much more likely than him winning 35 games. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm giving him 10 more wins in 19 more games, an improvement from last year.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote