HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers lineup thread

Old
08-05-2010, 10:24 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Looking ahead: Predict the 2011-2012 New York Rangers roster

Frolov - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - MZA
Grachev - Stepan - Callahan
Prust - Drury - Boogaard

I won't even take a stab at the defense that's way too hard to predict. I'm betting on Frolov being a good addition for us putting up at least 25 goals in 10'-11' so I can see him being resigned. The shiny new toy is "teh ultimate tortz guy", aka Brad Richards, filling in our biggest need at first line center. MZA proves to be servicable scoring anywhere between 15-25. This will be Grachev's rookie season. Stepan will be in his second year. Drury is going to be captain fourth line since he's in the last year of his contract, not in our future, and most serviceable there. Sather is going to play his typical RFA hard ball game with Callahan and keep him at a sub $3M sallary. Christensen and Avery will be fill in guys for whoever needs a break. Avery will find his way into games against undisciplined teams (*cough*Flyers*cough*)

And just two 12'-13' prediction tid bits I couldn't resist saying; Richards becomes captain and Kreider finds his way into the lineup somehow (I believe he's done with school by then)

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Emptyvoid

vCash: 500
Not sure if this one has been proposed, but i'd like to see this lineup.

Frolov-AA-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Prospal-MZA
Avery-Drury-Callahan
Prust-Boyle/White-Boogard

EC, to my disssapointment, doesnt have a chance with this lineup. However, i think giving AA the opportunity to thrive is more important.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 09:46 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Anyone else see something like this unfolding? Maybe not all at once --- but down the line...

Signings
Marc Staal signed for 2 (3) years at 3.000 U$D per year (getting his UFA payday first in 2012 as Sather uses his RFA leverage)
Garnett Exelby signed 2 years at 700.000 (or maybe A Eriksson at around 550.000?) as veteran 7th D

Trades
Matt Gilroy + Ryan Bourque + Wash 2nd round 2011 pick traded to Boston for Marc Savard
Erik Christensen dealt for a 4th round 2011 pick to Florida

Camp
Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m) starts season in Hartford to acclimate to NA game
Wade Redden booted to Hartford
White, Stepan, Byers start in Hartford

FORWARDS
Vaclav Prospal ($2.100m)/ * Marc Savard ($4.007m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Alexander Frolov ($3.000m) / Artem Anisimov ($0.822m) / Evgeny Grachev ($0.817m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($1.850m) / Chris Drury ($7.050m)/ Ryan Callahan ($2.300m)
Brandon Prust ($0.800m) / Sean Avery ($1.938m) / Derek Boogaard ($1.625m)
Dale Weise ($0.700m), Brian Boyle ($0.525m)
Switch Dubi and Prospal at will

DEFENSEMEN
* Marc Staal ($3.000m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / Michal Rozsival ($5.000m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Steve Eminger ($1.125m)
* Garnet Exelby ($0.700m) or eventually Valentenko

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER SIZE 23
SALARY CAP $59,400,000
PAYROLL $58,320,333
BONUSES $2,080,000
CAP SPACE $1,079,667

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

I'm assuming Redden is no longer on this team.

If Gilroy gets traded or sent down, I'd like to see Mara back on the team for a 1 year deal at 1 mil or less. He'd be a better #6 than Eminger. I'd rather Mara be the #6 paired with McDonagh and have Eminger as the #7.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 01:05 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Redden to Hartford

Buy out Drury (saves about 5 mil this year)

Rozsival, Sauer for Penner, Vandermeer

Anisimov, Gilroy, 1st 2011, 2nd 2011 (WSH) for Brad Richards

Sign Willie Mitchell for 1 year ~1 - 1.5MM

Frolov Richards Gaborik
Dubinsky Christensen MZA . (switch Prospal and Christensen if you want)
Penner Prospal Callahan
Prust Avery Boogard

Boyle

Staal Girardi
Del Zotto Mitchell
McDonagh Vandermeer

Eminger

Lundqvist
Biron

Penner only has 2 years left (same as Rozy but slightly lower cap-hit) He's huge and wouldn't be asked to be a main offensive threat, allowing him to relax and provide quality offense from the 3rd line.

Vandermeer is a tough SOB and WILL clear the crease. He and Eminger can battle / be interchanged for the 6th / 7th spots.

Willie Mitchell is a solid defensive d-man whose stock is low so he will come at a discount price and short-term.

Anisimov, Gilroy, 1st, and WSH's 2nd is fair value for a 7.8MM cap-hit UFA-to-be Brad Richards. Dallas saves a lot of money, gets a center prospect with a future as a top 6 centerman. Whether he ends up as a 2C or 1C remains to be seen, but he's definitely got the hands and hockey-IQ to be better than just a 3rd line C. They also get a puck-rushing d-man who may find his game in his 2nd year. If not they can send him to the minors or wash their hands of him after the season. Plus 1st and 2nd round picks. Look at the return Atlanta got for a rental Kovalchuk (a younger, better goal-scorer): Oduya, Bergfors, Cormier, and a 1st.... Anisimov, Gilroy, 1st, and 2nd is comparable, albiet certainly less. Maybe we'd have to add a mid-level prospect (Cormier was a 2nd round pick) or upgrade Gilroy to Rozsival. The only way I'd consider replacing Gilroy with Girardi is if Fistric, Grossman, or Daley were coming back with Richards.

I know it's an extreme long shot that Dallas would be willing to move him for that return before the season starts. It's a good possibility at the deadline, though. Dallas hasn't really made any changes since coming in 12th place in the West. In fact the only signing they made was re-signing Steve Ott. And of course they let Turco go. I don't think a full year of Kari Lehtonen really changes much. They may want to go into rebuild mode. If so, Anisimov, Gilroy, 1st and 2nd is a good place to start, especially for a guy who will possibly (and likely, imo) walk away for nothing if you don't trade him. Losing Anisimov will sting, and we'd lose our 1st round pick next year (still have our 2nd), but honestly, that Rangers lineup = Stanley Cup contender.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2010, 04:57 PM
TreeSapLlama

I know I am going to get flamed hard for this, but I have an opinion goddammit!

To Toronto:
2011 1st Round
Ethan Werek / Ryan Bourque

To Rangers:
Kaberle

If you ignore the leaf hate, and look at Kaberle, he is one of the best PMD in the NHL right now. Seeing as how there is no good available centers, the rangers D would be a HELL of a lot better with kaberle in the mix. Nevermind that he is signed to a very cap friendly deal, but our offense and defense would both be improved a great deal simply due to Kaberles passing ability.

Yes we have Del Zotto, but another great PMD would help this team more then anything except for a true #1 center. Barring that, i really think the Rangers would be a playoff team (low seed) with Kaberle in the fold (i am an optimist for the record, although i imagine people will call me out on that anyway).

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Alexander Frolov ($3.000m) / Artem Anisimov ($0.821m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($1.850m) / Erik Christensen ($0.925m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Vaclav Prospal ($2.100m) / Chris Drury ($7.050m) / Ryan Callahan ($2.300m)
Brandon Prust ($0.800m) / Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Derek Boogaard ($1.625m)
Brian Boyle ($0.525m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($4.526m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m)
Steve Eminger ($1.125m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) /Martin Biron ($0.875m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,548,333; BONUSES: $2,587,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,439,167

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2010, 11:04 AM
SirKillalot

vCash: 390
Little bit off topic. But VG(Norway's biggest national paper) interviewed a couple of players from Icebreakers yesterday. Mostly to get some information about Zuccarello Aasen. Icebreakers won 14-5 against Karlskrona.

It is like this:

Quote:
In two weeks time, Mats Zuccarello Aasen is going to New York. And on his way with him, he gets a solid "warning" from Peter Forsberg.

- The first few weeks are though. The gameplay is much faster in North-America than in Sweden. And, in Rangers they got a pretty tough coach in John Tortorella, så he problably might struggle a little bit in the beginning, says Peter Forsberg.

He remembers well how it was to come to Quebec from Sweden, and how a bad feeling slipped into his mind at the time.

- I was thinking that these players were too good for me, I recall. And Mats is problably going to fight a little bit like I did. But after some time, you get into the pace, and he is a encredible hockeyplayer, so I'm sure he will manage it.

Last night Zuccarello Aasen was with Forsberg and Näslund's Allstar-team "Icebreakers" and played a showmatch in Karlskrona, giving away the income of the game to sick children in north-Sweden.

Zuccarello Aasen scored a goal and had to assists, and he got a good flow on the game the longer the time went. He even got a spontaneous applause from the home crowd in the third period.

In the locker-room after the game, last seasons "Points-King" in the NHL Henrik Sedin gave him some praise.

- Mats got everything, except size. And you don't need that anymore.

What stands out about him the most?

- His overview(look) I would say. But also the drive he's got. You could also see that during the Olympics. He just went out there and gave gas all the way.

Niklas Sundström was also out on the ice during the game. The veteran who in his time was called "The prince of New York" by the king Wayne Gretzky, made exactly the same trip as Zuccarello Aasen now makes. From Modo to Rangers.

- Of course, it was kind of huge going from Örnskjöldsvik to New York. But it's problaby going to go just fine, says Sundström.

Mats Zuccarello Aasen:

Born: September 1, 1987
Height: 171 cm
Weight: 73 kg
Club: New York Rangers
Former clubs: (Vålerenga), Frisk-Asker and Modo

SirKillalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Chazoulay

Frolov-Christensen-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-MZA
Prospal-Drury-Callahan
Boogaard-Avery-Prust

Staal - Girardi
Rozsival - Del Zotto
Eminger - Gilroy

Lundqvist
Biron

Chazoulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2010, 10:51 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Frolov-White-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Drury-MZA
Prospal-AA-Callahan
Prust-Boyle-Boogaard

Christensen is the #13

assuming that Todd White is back from his busted wing

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 03:32 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
Frolov-White-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Drury-MZA
Prospal-AA-Callahan
Prust-Boyle-Boogaard

Christensen is the #13

assuming that Todd White is back from his busted wing
Sean Avery hung out to dry?

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2010, 05:48 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Sean Avery hung out to dry?
yup save on the cap, plus when he is recalled (due to injury) he will have a fire under his @$$

and don't get me wrong, I like avery but last year he was a big liability on the ice. Torts said as much in the maven's interview

Old
08-16-2010, 05:54 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

For a deal like this to work, Kaberle has to sign an extention and then get traded (sign and trade)

otherwise this "offer" is a non-starter.

Another nice side benefit from a deal such as this one would be that Redden is absolutely gonzo.

But if its me, I take a pass on it as NY is building a core of young players. Kaberle is not such a player (at least for NY he isn't)

I think Kaberle is a better fit on a team like
Carolina, who needs a play maker from the blueline. Or a team like PHX could use his playmaking skills. LA kings could probably use him too. This would all be based on his contract extension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianJagr View Post
I know I am going to get flamed hard for this, but I have an opinion goddammit!

To Toronto:
2011 1st Round
Ethan Werek / Ryan Bourque

To Rangers:
Kaberle

If you ignore the leaf hate, and look at Kaberle, he is one of the best PMD in the NHL right now. Seeing as how there is no good available centers, the rangers D would be a HELL of a lot better with kaberle in the mix. Nevermind that he is signed to a very cap friendly deal, but our offense and defense would both be improved a great deal simply due to Kaberles passing ability.

Yes we have Del Zotto, but another great PMD would help this team more then anything except for a true #1 center. Barring that, i really think the Rangers would be a playoff team (low seed) with Kaberle in the fold (i am an optimist for the record, although i imagine people will call me out on that anyway).

FORWARDS
Alexander Frolov ($3.000m) / Artem Anisimov ($0.821m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($1.850m) / Erik Christensen ($0.925m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Brandon Prust ($0.800m) / Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Derek Boogaard ($1.625m)
Brian Boyle ($0.525m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($4.526m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m)
Steve Eminger ($1.125m)

GOALTENDERS

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,548,333; BONUSES: $2,587,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,439,167

Old
08-18-2010, 12:06 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Frolov - Christensen - Gaborik
Prospal - Anisimov - MZA
Dubi - Drury - Callahan
Avery - White/Boyle - Prust
Boogaard

Staal - Girardi
Rozsival - Del Zotto
Mcdonagh - Gilroy
Eminger

Hank
Marty

Not thoroughly convinced about the defense. I hope that MDZ can make some big strides. I still won't rest easy until Staal is signed.

Can't wait until training camp to see which youngsters really want a spot on the team!

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:07 PM
zackisonfire*

Hey Red Wings fan here. I can't help but wonder why Christensen is the number 1 center over Drury even though Drury's worst season is better than Christensen's best season.

I don't know much about the Rangers so I'm probably oblivious to things that are common knowledge to you guys.

zackisonfire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdrum View Post
Hey Red Wings fan here. I can't help but wonder why Christensen is the number 1 center over Drury even though Drury's worst season is better than Christensen's best season.

I don't know much about the Rangers so I'm probably oblivious to things that are common knowledge to you guys.
He isn't our #1 center. He is our Gaborik center. This is a common misconception.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:22 PM
zackisonfire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
He isn't our #1 center. He is our Gaborik center. This is a common misconception.
I'm assuming you mean that he's the center with Gaborik for chemistry purposes?

zackisonfire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 06:15 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdrum View Post
I'm assuming you mean that he's the center with Gaborik for chemistry purposes?
Yes, that was the case towards the end of last season. It is our hope that can continue into this season.

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

I actually was looking at some stats from earlier today and think that this could feasibly work.

Frolov-Anisimov-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Drury-Avery
Prospal-Christensen-Callahan
Pick 3: Boogard, Prust, White, Weise

I know it doesn't include MZA but it's a fair possibility that he starts out in the minors just to get a feel for N.A. hockey. Drury was a good second line center up until last year and Dubinsky plays well with Avery. Prospal-Christensen-Callahan looks like a great 3rd line while our top line might even be league average.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 11:12 AM
TreeSapLlama

I guess due to lack of hockey, but i had a crazy dream where the Rangers:

1.Traded Redden, giving up Dubinsky and a pick for the dump
2.Traded Rozsival for a pick
3.Signed Kovalchuk for 8 Mil AAV

It actually works capwise, but gives us one of the worst D in the league outside of NJ

FORWARDS
Alexander Frolov ($3.000m) / Erik Christensen ($0.925m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Ilya Kovalchuk ($8.000m) / Artem Anisimov ($0.821m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Derek Boogaard ($1.625m) / Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
/ Brian Boyle ($0.525m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($4.500m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / Christoph Schubert ($1.083m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Pavel Valentenko ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,230,300; BONUSES: $2,852,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $2,022,199

Damn crazy dreams, that being said i wouldn't hate this team, and we have 2 mil in cap space to get someone better then Schubert.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 03:17 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

Frolov White Gaborik
Dubinsky Anisimov Zuccarello-Aasen
Prospal Drury Callahan
Avery Christensen Prust
Boogaard

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 03:33 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianJagr View Post
I guess due to lack of hockey, but i had a crazy dream where the Rangers:

1.Traded Redden, giving up Dubinsky and a pick for the dump
2.Traded Rozsival for a pick
3.Signed Kovalchuk for 8 Mil AAV

It actually works capwise, but gives us one of the worst D in the league outside of NJ

FORWARDS
Alexander Frolov ($3.000m) / Erik Christensen ($0.925m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Ilya Kovalchuk ($8.000m) / Artem Anisimov ($0.821m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Derek Boogaard ($1.625m) / Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
/ Brian Boyle ($0.525m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($4.500m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / Christoph Schubert ($1.083m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Pavel Valentenko ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,230,300; BONUSES: $2,852,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $2,022,199

Damn crazy dreams, that being said i wouldn't hate this team, and we have 2 mil in cap space to get someone better then Schubert.
This will be absolutely rediculous but here we go...

Callahan, Gilroy, 3rd traded to Vancouver for Bieksa, 1st
Weise, Kundratek, Christensen, 2nd traded to Boston for Savard
sign Exelby for 6th D-Man for 700,000
Staal signed for 3 years/14 million=4.667 cap hit

Frolov Savard Gaborik
Dubinsky Anisimov Prospal
Avery Drury Zuccarello-Aasen
Prust White Boogaard

Staal Rozsival
Girardi Bieksa
Del Zotto Exelby
Eminger

McD starts in HFD with Grachev and Stepan

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Frolov Christensen Gaborik
Dubinsky White MZA
Prospal Grachev Cally
Boogaard Anisimov Prust

assuming Avery is out and White is in. White might actually work on the first line, he's a set up guy and Gabby and Frolov are great finishers.

haha and i forgot Drury. i don't even care some youngsters have to play this year and some others will get the boot. in my line-up im giving Drury the boot.
Most would replace White with Drury

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 03:56 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester 88 View Post
This will be absolutely rediculous but here we go...

Callahan, Gilroy, 3rd traded to Vancouver for Bieksa, 1st
Weise, Kundratek, Christensen, 2nd traded to Boston for Savard
sign Exelby for 6th D-Man for 700,000
Staal signed for 3 years/14 million=4.667 cap hit

Frolov Savard Gaborik
Dubinsky Anisimov Prospal
Avery Drury Zuccarello-Aasen
Prust White Boogaard

Staal Rozsival
Girardi Bieksa
Del Zotto Exelby
Eminger

McD starts in HFD with Grachev and Stepan
Please tell me you didn't just propose trading Callahan for Bieska...

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 03:58 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrcantakeyou View Post
Frolov Christensen Gaborik
Dubinsky White MZA
Prospal Grachev Cally
Boogaard Anisimov Prust

assuming Avery is out and White is in. White might actually work on the first line, he's a set up guy and Gabby and Frolov are great finishers.
I makes just about zero sense to play Anisimov on the 4th line this year. He needs to log more significant minutes to help his development progess.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I makes just about zero sense to play Anisimov on the 4th line this year. He needs to log more significant minutes to help his development progess.
well obviously man. im just throwing together lines i'd like to see. i left Drury out too who will be squeezed in there somewhere. and IMHO Grachev>Anisimov. i'd rather see Grachev on the third line. maybe something like Drury Grachev Anisimov for the third line assuming Anni would be cool playing left wing. point is, we got too many players right now we won't know anything untill the start of the season...

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote