HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Nashville on Opening Night

Old
08-19-2010, 09:37 AM
salty justice

vCash: 500
Visiting Nashville on Opening Night

Good morning Nashville faithful,

I just received word that I will be in Tennessee for the 2nd week in October and it happens to coincide with opening night. Obviously I have to be there.

Can you guys share some advice for a visitor to both the city and Bridgestone Arena? I will only be in Nashville for that weekend and will probably buy a ticket off stubhub.

Where's the best place to sit for under $100 a ticket?
Where's the place to be for pre-game and post-game?
What are the best places in the city to see for a first timer?
Are there any transplanted Blackhawk fans that post here?

Any and all advice is appreciated. Even though you guys are a division rival I hate the Ducks almost as much as I hate the Wings so you have my support on opening night.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post

I just received word that I will be in Tennessee for the 2nd week in October and it happens to coincide with opening night. Obviously I have to be there.

Can you guys share some advice for a visitor to both the city and Bridgestone Arena? I will only be in Nashville for that weekend and will probably buy a ticket off stubhub.

Any and all advice is appreciated. Even though you guys are a division rival I hate the Ducks almost as much as I hate the Wings so you have my support on opening night.
I just checked ticket *******.com & Section 113 (corner end) Row L, Seat 7 showed up (92 dollars including taxes)

I don't normally meet up with people before/after games

Ryman Auditorium, hands down

Not that I know of

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 10:31 AM
PredsV82
Grumpy Cat says No

vCash: 130
Quote:

you can get almost any seat in the house for under 100, and if you wanted to cough up 120 you could get all you can eat food and all you can drink beer and wine(and sit in the attack twice end zone).

we dont like it when you tell us you are getting a ticket through stub hub. we need the ticket sales and you can get seats at face value. i doubt there will be many tix on stub hub for below face for opening night, but whatever.

there are plenty of bars within a couple of blocks of the arena, most all of them have decent food and will have a lot of hockey fans on game night.

as said, the Ryman(home of the old grand Ol Opry)is a good place to see. Its a shame the opryland hotel wont be reopend by then.. it was amazing before the flood and i suspect it'll be even more spectacular when it is redone...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Bad Karma

Agreed, walk up would cost less than a resale site.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Anyplace except directly on the glass, really. If you want to sit behind the benches, choose sections 115 for visitors and 116 for home. Attack twice side is 107 through 114 and seats above. Club seating on the second level has some pretty nice perks as far as food selection goes.

There are lots of places down on Broadway right outside the arena where you'll find plenty of fans before and after the game. Some have food, all have beer, many have music. Just stroll down Broad and something will strike your fancy.

If you want to meet some of the board posters, many meet up before the game between 102 and 103, down on the glass to watch pre-skate. If you want to watch the visitor team, they appear to congregate in 112-113, just from observation.

Frist Museum and the train station turned hotel next door, the dives on Broadway, Centennial Park and the Parthenon (it's gorgeous at night)...For anything else it sort of depends on what you're seeking--if you want art go to Cheekwood. If you are into the history of the area or the architecture, there are lots of homes, churches and schools that might interest you. The Hermitage, Belle Meade, and Traveler's Rest are historical homes (among many), the downtown Presbyterian Church is the only Egyptian Renaissance church in the US. The Frist is art deco and was the main post office for years.

I don't know if they post, but you'll find plenty of Blackhawks fans when you come to the game.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 03:22 PM
salty justice

I appreciate all of the advice.

The Ryman and Frist sound really cool. And I'll probably be in a hotel close to the arena so I can enjoy the bars.

I'll definitely look into buying tickets directly; I just assumed they were sold out. I'd just rather not take my chances buying them at the ticket window.

Old
08-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
I appreciate all of the advice.

The Ryman and Frist sound really cool. And I'll probably be in a hotel close to the arena so I can enjoy the bars.

I'll definitely look into buying tickets directly; I just assumed they were sold out. I'd just rather not take my chances buying them at the ticket window.
Opening night should be sold out. Individual ticket sales opened to the public last Saturday, so for your best selection, I'd recommend ordering tickets as soon as possible unless you aren't picky on where you sit...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 03:40 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

My recommendation?

Don't repeat some of the comments you've made about the Predators here at HF to any of the fans in attendance.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 04:52 PM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
My recommendation?

Don't repeat some of the comments you've made about the Predators here at HF to any of the fans in attendance.
Haha **** talking other fan bases is 90% of the reason I post on HF.

In real life I'm pretty respectful of any hockey fan or player. But trash talk is always welcome and you can expect some from me.

Old
08-19-2010, 04:58 PM
PredsV82
Grumpy Cat says No

vCash: 130
depending on your budget, there are several hotel options within easy walking distance of the BA and the bars.

my favorite for value and convenience is the Hampton on 4th.

The Hilton is the most convenient, directly across the street from the arena, but also is the most pricey. Renaissance is the official Preds hotel so the Hawks might be staying there and is one block away. Also quite pricey. Cheaper options are available but are probably stretching it to be considered walking distance.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 06:10 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

If you can swing it a $120 ticket in the All Inclusive Zone is well worth it. The spread of food they put out is impressive, the non-stop beer and wine is well worth it, and the view of the game is excellent although it will be in our attack twice zone (You'll get to see us dominate your goaltender up close).

Other than that there's really not a bad seat in the place. I've sat everywhere from almost the highest point to the club level to the all inclusive zone and each spot gives a great view and a fun time.

Union Station is a neat sightseeing stop. It's a hotel now. Back when it actually was a railroad station my great-grandfather spent a lot of time there as he worked for the railroad. I've wandered through it several times due to the stories he told. There's lots of good history downtown and in the outlying areas. Far too many sites to name.

Food on Broadway is good. Some places better than others but most are comparable. Broadway Brewhouse makes a good catfish dinner and some great pork tacos (At least they did...not sure if they still have that anymore). I would suggest a few "secret" local places to grab lunch, but they are only open on weekdays and usually only between the hours of 10 and 2.

Have fun!

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 06:14 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Check out the Flying Saucer. It's on 10th Ave. Very close to the Frist Center. Over 200 different beers.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
If you can swing it a $120 ticket in the All Inclusive Zone is well worth it. The spread of food they put out is impressive, the non-stop beer and wine is well worth it, and the view of the game is excellent although it will be in our attack twice zone (You'll get to see us dominate your goaltender up close).
Can you tell me more about this $120 ticket. I'm an Atlanta resident currently dating a Nashville gal so I will be making the trip up to Nashville regularly during the hockey season. Do I order through these through ticketmaster? I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for the service.

Also about just 'general' tickets. Does predators sell out or can I walk up on game day and get a seat without any problems.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Webersmashpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Can you tell me more about this $120 ticket. I'm an Atlanta resident currently dating a Nashville gal so I will be making the trip up to Nashville regularly during the hockey season. Do I order through these through ticketmaster? I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for the service.

Also about just 'general' tickets. Does predators sell out or can I walk up on game day and get a seat without any problems.
The all you can eat ticket is just at the box office like normal.

For buying tickets to games weekdays will likely have seats available and weekends may be cutting it close. Days like opening night will be sold out.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 06:27 AM
kivaerijo

Quote:

just give the preds a call or through website, wont have an issue if you call soon to get tickets.

broadway brewhouse has a lot of people before games, flying suacer is cool (waitresses in school girl outfits...if you like that sort of thing)

walk around downtown...walk the alleys around the ryman, hit the honkey tonks, then over to printers alley. if you get a chance try to get to monell's (good food not too far fromn downtown)

i am a chicago transplant.
wouldnt say i was a hawk transplant though. grew up with the hawks but to be honest..i have never been a fan of any chicago teams. family still in chicago and are hawk season ticket holders, so if you are looking to talk about them, i can oblige.

enjoy your stay......and please DONT cheer during the anthem. it really is not cool at other arenas, no matter how much you think it is. its great at the chicago stadium....but thats it.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 09:39 AM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
depending on your budget, there are several hotel options within easy walking distance of the BA and the bars.

my favorite for value and convenience is the Hampton on 4th.

The Hilton is the most convenient, directly across the street from the arena, but also is the most pricey. Renaissance is the official Preds hotel so the Hawks might be staying there and is one block away. Also quite pricey. Cheaper options are available but are probably stretching it to be considered walking distance.
FYI guys opening night is vs the Ducks and I just happen to be in town. Right now I'm debating if I want to use my points to stay at the Renaissance or slum it up in a hostel. Either way I am crazy excited to see Nashville.

And don't worry about me cheering during the anthem kivaerijo

Old
08-20-2010, 11:09 AM
kivaerijo

Quote:

And don't worry about me cheering during the anthem kivaerijo
ok. as long as that is cleared up, and your not that type of person...send me a messsage with email address if you might be interested in cheaper lodging. we have opened our door to many people in our life that turn out to be great friends (most have been from europe so we get a place to stay over there ). give me your email so we can figure out if such a thing could work out.

oh yah, this invitation never will stand if its against the hawks!

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 01:07 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I recommend the Frayed Knot as a great place to have a beer after the game!

I'd also be leary of staying with kivaerijo, and I know him....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 03:09 PM
sighthndlady

Don't confuse the all inclusive club seats ($120 - sections 109-111) with the all you can eat zone (sections 320-322 - about $50?). The former is a truly grand buffet including alcohol. Latter is all you can eat hot dogs and pizza.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
Don't confuse the all inclusive club seats ($120 - sections 109-111) with the all you can eat zone (sections 320-322 - about $50?). The former is a truly grand buffet including alcohol. Latter is all you can eat hot dogs and pizza.
my suggestion ... eat before you get to the arena

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 03:26 PM
sighthndlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
my suggestion ... eat before you get to the arena
Absolutely. There are tons of fun places right on top of the Bridge. OTOH the OP said he was going to go for the all inclusive zone tix, so I just wanted to make sure he didn't end up with all the pizza and soda he could consume!

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Eat at Jack's before the game.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Yes, agreed on Jack's. Good ole Tennessee barbecue. Get plenty of napkins. A friend of mine really likes Big River, which is on Broad about 4 blocks east of the arena. BB Kings on 2nd Avenue is fun, and if you come to Nashville you must at least look at Tootsie's Orchid Lounge. You can't miss it--it's catty cornered from the arena and it's painted orchid. ;-)

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 02:52 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Look, people in the south know how to cook. I gained 10 lbs on a one week visit. Things you need to look for in the South for food and you must get

BBQ: Nuff sed. TN is more along the lines of pulled pork and ribs, more ribs when you head towards Memphis.

Hushpuppies. Deep fried cornbread. Damn good.

Deep fried pickles: You would think odd but delicious.

Sun Drop: Southern Soda.

catfish: Fried and good. must add hot sauce.

I think I got them all.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 11:24 PM
salty justice

Holy cow I am still reeling from last night's game! Nashville and Preds fans far exceeded my expectations. Nothing but good times with good people all weekend.

I'm seriously jealous of all you season ticket holders. Bridgestone Arena is easily the best located arena I've seen and downtown was a lot of fun all day and night. It would be awesome to live there.

On the other hand I'm seriously disappointed by Memphis, which is where I'm working all week. What a crap hole. I wish I were back in Nashville haha.