HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Price stay's confident all year round

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-19-2010, 03:32 PM
  #26
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincecarder View Post
I don't even like him and I still say 30 wins so that's some confidence from a non Price believer. Playoffs, that's another story, that's where I worry about Price.
WAWAWAWAWAWA

dude are you done with this whole Price / Halak debate? Halak is gone, Habs organization feels Price has more potential and that's the end of that

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 04:04 PM
  #27
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kool Aid View Post
Although it can be argued that most young goalies ..........to varying degrees ........may show signs of struggling at times....look at Ryan Miller's numbers (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=45065) and I think the numbers would not show any overt or consistent signs of "struggle".

Cam Ward? He won a Stanley Cup in his rookie year!

The frustration that some Habs fans have with Price - is an apparent lack of steady progress - some numbers (Ws vs Ls) may even indicate some regression in his game!

Compare that with how Halak progressed in his game and how he was able to perform at the most critical of times (i.e. playff hockey)!

If Suban plays this season anywhere near as well as he did in the playoffs - Habs fans will be cheering him, not booing him! Suban had to win a job - the starting job has been repeatedly handed to Price.......and what has he done with it?


And that's exactly where the problem is with fans like you, the same fans that booed Price because he didn't get a Win but was good enough to be the third star of the game.

W-L is a team stats. Look at Theodore W-L stats, its way better than Price but is he really way better than Price? No, far from it.

"Then why Theo has better W-L than Price then" you may be wondering. Simple, one of the reason being offensive support. Price did not have much offensive support when he got the start last season. The hater will not take that into consideration, ignore it or simply don't understand but it is one of the reason why doesn't more wins than that.

I think around 80% or maybe even more of Price's losses, the team did not give him an offensive support more than 2 goals. So in order to win those games, he had to have a goal against average under 2, something you don't see often in this league anymore.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 04:20 PM
  #28
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kool Aid View Post
Although it can be argued that most young goalies ..........to varying degrees ........may show signs of struggling at times....look at Ryan Miller's numbers (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=45065) and I think the numbers would not show any overt or consistent signs of "struggle".

Cam Ward? He won a Stanley Cup in his rookie year!

The frustration that some Habs fans have with Price - is an apparent lack of steady progress - some numbers (Ws vs Ls) may even indicate some regression in his game!

Compare that with how Halak progressed in his game and how he was able to perform at the most critical of times (i.e. playff hockey)!

If Suban plays this season anywhere near as well as he did in the playoffs - Habs fans will be cheering him, not booing him! Suban had to win a job - the starting job has been repeatedly handed to Price.......and what has he done with it?


His numbers the 2 years prior to last year resemble Price's stats from last year (GAA & sv. %). As for Cam Ward, just like Price, he had some early success, then struggled afterwards....

As far as progress, Carey Price has progressed, the problem is he set the bar so high his rookie season, that people expect too much waaaayyyy too soon.

Here's another example...Steve Mason, go on the Jackets boards and see if they've thrown the towel in his case already.

As for Subban, he was awesome during the playoffs...but to expect him to carry that into the season and sustain ALL YEAR in what will essentially be his rookie season is completely unrealistic.

Contrary to popular belief, ups AND downs are the normal process for players who are developping. You can learn as much in defeat as you can in success

Please

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 04:39 PM
  #29
Melvin Udall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
And that's exactly where the problem is with fans like you, the same fans that booed Price because he didn't get a Win but was good enough to be the third star of the game.

W-L is a team stats. Look at Theodore W-L stats, its way better than Price but is he really way better than Price? No, far from it.

"Then why Theo has better W-L than Price then" you may be wondering. Simple, one of the reason being offensive support. Price did not have much offensive support when he got the start last season. The hater will not take that into consideration, ignore it or simply don't understand but it is one of the reason why doesn't more wins than that.

I think around 80% or maybe even more of Price's losses, the team did not give him an offensive support more than 2 goals. So in order to win those games, he had to have a goal against average under 2, something you don't see often in this league anymore.
It's good that you set me straight on........fans like me! You claim that "I booed Price" - so when did I boo Price??

Your comparison of Price vs Theo holds no water - the 2 played behind different teams - but Halak and Price played behind the same offense and defense - results?

THERE IS NO COMPARISON - Halak made the most of his limited opportunities, and Price - just got the starting job handed back to him - he didn't have to earn it!

facts are indeed facts!


Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 04:54 PM
  #30
GoHomez
Registered User
 
GoHomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 8 km from the Globe
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
1 & 2 )
40-13-7, 2.21 GAA and .913 sv.pctg
In the playoffs he'll go: 16-7, 1.70 GAA and .934 sv.pctg.

3) No, a lot of fans still want to see him fail, from East it will be Miller, Lundqvist and Brodeur.

4) No, but Brodeur maybe should have stayed at home.

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 04:54 PM
  #31
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
If Price stays confident all season?

Remember the times when he was in the top5 goalies in terms of stats for stretches each year?

That.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 05:00 PM
  #32
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 22,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontreal View Post
1 & 2 )
40-13-7, 2.21 GAA and .913 sv.pctg
In the playoffs he'll go: 16-7, 1.70 GAA and .934 sv.pctg.

3) No, a lot of fans still want to see him fail, from East it will be Miller, Lundqvist and Brodeur.

4) No, but Brodeur maybe should have stayed at home.
A couple of questions regarding your win projections:

Do you expect a goalie with 40 wins and a win percentage like that to end up with stats as "average" as that? That would suggest that Montreal will be on of the tightest defenses in the league for the vast majority of the season, and that other teams will rely on capitalizing on their best chances and hope that 3 goals on 30 shots will be enough. And 16 wins in the playoffs... you're predicting a Cup win here?!

Did I miss a smilie or something?

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 05:28 PM
  #33
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kool Aid View Post
It's good that you set me straight on........fans like me! You claim that "I booed Price" - so when did I boo Price??

Your comparison of Price vs Theo holds no water - the 2 played behind different teams - but Halak and Price played behind the same offense and defense - results?

THERE IS NO COMPARISON - Halak made the most of his limited opportunities, and Price - just got the starting job handed back to him - he didn't have to earn it!

facts are indeed facts!

Yeah sorry about that. For some reason, I have mistaken you for someone else, a Price-hater, which is stupid. I shouldn't have pointed pointed you.

As for the comparison with Theo, I know its irrelevant but for some fans that don't understand hockey, for them more win = better goalie.

But for the Halak and Price comparison, no doubt Halak was better than Price last season, so its normal that Halak has a better W-L stats, but with a better offensive support, Carey would have won more games because it was proven that when Halak played, the team scored overall on more goal than when Price starts. One goal make a good difference.


Last edited by Stradale: 08-19-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 05:29 PM
  #34
bhuya71
Registered User
 
bhuya71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 2,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
Speculation: If Price signs with the Habs
Speculation: Out of all these HUGE NAME RFA which signs first?

Carey Price
Bobby Ryan
Peter Mueller
Sam Gagner
Andrew Cogliano
Martin Hanzal
Paul Ranger
Bryan Little
Matt NIskanen
Marc STaal
Steve Downie
Jakub Kindl
JAmes Neal
Niclas Bergfors
Patric Hornqvist

See where I am going with this brah?

bhuya71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 06:20 PM
  #35
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,618
vCash: 500
Even if he isn't confident throughout the year, he'll still start 60 games. Signing Auld was beyond terribad.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 06:29 PM
  #36
GoHomez
Registered User
 
GoHomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 8 km from the Globe
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
A couple of questions regarding your win projections:

Do you expect a goalie with 40 wins and a win percentage like that to end up with stats as "average" as that? That would suggest that Montreal will be on of the tightest defenses in the league for the vast majority of the season, and that other teams will rely on capitalizing on their best chances and hope that 3 goals on 30 shots will be enough. And 16 wins in the playoffs... you're predicting a Cup win here?!

Did I miss a smilie or something?


Well....
It's actually Roy's number with the Avs from ten years ago.
I dont think Price (or any goalie) would replicate those behind the Habs of 2010-2011.

But I do think Price will have a solid season, and why not top it off with a cup?!

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 06:32 PM
  #37
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 22,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontreal View Post


Well....
It's actually Roy's number with the Avs from ten years ago.
I dont think Price (or any goalie) would replicate those behind the Habs of 2010-2011.

But I do think Price will have a solid season, and why not top it off with a cup?!
Hahaha, nice. I should have picked up on that one.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 06:34 PM
  #38
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontreal View Post


Well....
It's actually Roy's number with the Avs from ten years ago.
I dont think Price (or any goalie) would replicate those behind the Habs of 2010-2011.

But I do think Price will have a solid season, and why not top it off with a cup?!
It's not that farfetched for a win record to have SV% and GAA like that.

If you look at Brodeur this year, 48 wins with .916% and 2.24. in 05-06, .911 with 43 wins.

Not comparing Price to Brodeur at all but just pointing out that low SV% does not equate poor W-L record automatically.

Do I expect those stats from Price, not really. But its nice to hope I guess.

Realistically, 30 to 35 wins with 0.918 SV%.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 07:03 PM
  #39
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
It's not that farfetched for a win record to have SV% and GAA like that.

If you look at Brodeur this year, 48 wins with .916% and 2.24. in 05-06, .911 with 43 wins.

Not comparing Price to Brodeur at all but just pointing out that low SV% does not equate poor W-L record automatically.

Do I expect those stats from Price, not really. But its nice to hope I guess.

Realistically, 30 to 35 wins with 0.918 SV%.
It does if you are one of the worst teams in the league in the shots for-vs-shots against category.

Our defense is going to have to rachet things up... Hopefully Subban's breakout helps us play more in the other teams zone then we did last year.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 07:19 PM
  #40
GoHomez
Registered User
 
GoHomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 8 km from the Globe
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
It's not that farfetched for a win record to have SV% and GAA like that.

If you look at Brodeur this year, 48 wins with .916% and 2.24. in 05-06, .911 with 43 wins.

Not comparing Price to Brodeur at all but just pointing out that low SV% does not equate poor W-L record automatically.

Do I expect those stats from Price, not really. But its nice to hope I guess.

Realistically, 30 to 35 wins with 0.918 SV%.
No, you are right.
Look at Niemi, 26 W in 39 games while going 2.25 and .912 SV%.
But neither Niemi nor Brodeur played behind the Habs who gave up a whole lot of more shots and scoring opportunities.
Price hade the same SV% as Niemi and comparable to Brodeur but nowhere near the same amount of W.

But I guess we dont have to go any deeper into that.
We pretty much agree.

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 08:43 PM
  #41
ruski17
Registered User
 
ruski17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
Speculation: Out of all these HUGE NAME RFA which signs first?

Carey Price
Bobby Ryan
Peter Mueller
Sam Gagner
Andrew Cogliano
Martin Hanzal
Paul Ranger
Bryan Little
Matt NIskanen
Marc STaal
Steve Downie
Jakub Kindl
JAmes Neal
Niclas Bergfors
Patric Hornqvist

See where I am going with this brah?
Ranger first because Stevie Y is a very solid GM and will probably be able to get the best deal in terms of value of the player.


As for the OP:
1)82 games, yeah I said it.
2) 82-0-0, no more, no less.
3) Will get elected
4)I forgot the question here and I'm too lazy to go look so I say: 42. Nothing else needed to be said.

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 09:35 PM
  #42
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 22,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Ellerection View Post
It does if you are one of the worst teams in the league in the shots for-vs-shots against category.

Our defense is going to have to rachet things up... Hopefully Subban's breakout helps us play more in the other teams zone then we did last year.
Which is, of course, where I was going with that.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 10:19 PM
  #43
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 17,437
vCash: 500
The whole Price didn't get much help/Halak got more help argument is a giant cope out. They both had the same team playing in front of them.

Those that are huge fans of Price tend to say that we didn't get carried by Halak and that it was a team effort. But then they turn around and, with a straight face, will tell you that Price didn't get much help last season. To me this makes absolutely no sense. It's a team effort or it isn't. We got carried by Halak or we weren't. If we weren't, then it was a team effort, and it was the same team effort in front of Price whether you want to accept it or not.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 10:36 PM
  #44
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1
 
HarlemsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
nobody stay's

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 10:39 PM
  #45
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 17,437
vCash: 500
Typical conversation with a Price fan :

ECH2 : We got carried by Halak during season + playoffs
Pricefan4lyfe : No dude, it was a team effort
ECH2 : If it was a team effort then why were the habs on pace for a 26 wins 40 losses season with Price in between the pipes. I mean, I thought Price played well last season didn't he ?
Pricefan4lyfe : Well yes he was great but the habs didn't show up to play for Price
ECH2 : Even after it was brought up in the medias ? I mean, I remember distinctly the subject being brought up, wouldn't the players have provided extra care to play the same for Price after that ?
Pricefan4lyfe : Well.. team effort man, just go cheer for the blues if you like Halak so much.
ECH2 : I don't even...

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 12:36 AM
  #46
Etienne
Registered User
 
Etienne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
The whole Price didn't get much help/Halak got more help argument is a giant cope out. They both had the same team playing in front of them.

Those that are huge fans of Price tend to say that we didn't get carried by Halak and that it was a team effort. But then they turn around and, with a straight face, will tell you that Price didn't get much help last season. To me this makes absolutely no sense. It's a team effort or it isn't. We got carried by Halak or we weren't. If we weren't, then it was a team effort, and it was the same team effort in front of Price whether you want to accept it or not.
I don't think it's as black-and-white as both sides (Team Carey and Team Jaro) to believe. One problem the team had for the whole season was the first period, you know, when they were getting outshot like crazy? They were in the bottom 5 of the NHL when the opponents scored first and trailer after 1 period. In a lot of Price's losses, he played well but he gave up the first goal which in turn made the Habs play on their heels and lose, even if Price almost always came back strong after these goals (and 4-5 of them were real ****ing flukes too).

Note that this is "behavior" also happened with Halak in the net and during the playoffs. Habs won most of the games Cammy and Gionta gave them an early lead. And if I remember well, Halak was a FRIKKIN' stone wall during first periods and the team came alive in period 2 and 3. The Canadiens were 10th in the NHL in wins after leading first and one of the worst after trailing. Just shows ya how important that first goal was.

So where is the line between Carey Price's responsibility of letting in the first goal of the game and his teammates's responsibility for sitting on a 1 goal deficit early in the games and spending the first periods talking about LOST's season 6?

If there's a single thing I hope Price improves at this year it's not his "mental strength", glove hand or diet. It's this one : better first periods. He has to give his team more chances to take the lead. His teammates and coaches could learn it too because they won't do well enough if they dont play 60 minutes.


Last edited by Etienne: 08-20-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 12:42 AM
  #47
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Typical conversation with a Price fan :

ECH2 : We got carried by Halak during season + playoffs
Pricefan4lyfe : No dude, it was a team effort
ECH2 : If it was a team effort then why were the habs on pace for a 26 wins 40 losses season with Price in between the pipes. I mean, I thought Price played well last season didn't he ?
Pricefan4lyfe : Well yes he was great but the habs didn't show up to play for Price
ECH2 : Even after it was brought up in the medias ? I mean, I remember distinctly the subject being brought up, wouldn't the players have provided extra care to play the same for Price after that ?
Pricefan4lyfe : Well.. team effort man, just go cheer for the blues if you like Halak so much.
ECH2 : I don't even...
Cool story bro. Man you sound genius in that conversation. Props to you!!!

Seriously, this thread has two pages and i don't see much delusional Price fan saying the things you said.

I, myself have said that Price did not get the offensive support like Halak did. I never said the team actually played better or not with either goalie on net. Just one happened to have less goals support that did not help his W-L record.

I don't see the Halak was not the main reason why we went far in the playoffs argument in this thread. Do not start an argument when there's not. As far, in this thread its just people saying we shouldn't throw a towel on a young goalie that soon. Almost every young goalies are inconsistent in their first years. Doesn't mean he is a bust or anything. If you want to start another Price Vs. Halak debate, go make your own thread. This thread has nothing to do with it.

Christ, is there any way to support our young player without being tagged as a Pricefan4lyfe or fanboy?


Last edited by Stradale: 08-20-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 12:51 AM
  #48
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,288
vCash: 500
how about Auld ?

Bieber fever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 02:04 AM
  #49
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 500
Montreal is no place for a small town shy BC dude who's passions are country music and being a rodeo-cowboy.

I was a huge Carey fan when we drafted him, and still think he's great... but he'll never make it here. Simply not meant to be.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 07:43 AM
  #50
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 17,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Cool story bro. Man you sound genius in that conversation. Props to you!!!

Seriously, this thread has two pages and i don't see much delusional Price fan saying the things you said.

I, myself have said that Price did not get the offensive support like Halak did. I never said the team actually played better or not with either goalie on net. Just one happened to have less goals support that did not help his W-L record.

I don't see the Halak was not the main reason why we went far in the playoffs argument in this thread. Do not start an argument when there's not. As far, in this thread its just people saying we shouldn't throw a towel on a young goalie that soon. Almost every young goalies are inconsistent in their first years. Doesn't mean he is a bust or anything. If you want to start another Price Vs. Halak debate, go make your own thread. This thread has nothing to do with it.

Christ, is there any way to support our young player without being tagged as a Pricefan4lyfe or fanboy?
I wasn't targetting you specifically, if I had, I would have quoted you. But your post did remind me that a lot of people say that last spring was a team effort and refuse to consider the habs as a team got carried by goaltending for most of the season and playoffs. And it follows that some of the people who think that are Price fans who also believe that Price didn't get much help. There's a contradiction here to me.

It must have felt like I was targetting you but I honestly wasn't. I apologize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
I don't think it's as black-and-white as both sides (Team Carey and Team Jaro) to believe. One problem the team had for the whole season was the first period, you know, when they were getting outshot like crazy? They were in the bottom 5 of the NHL when the opponents scored first and trailer after 1 period. In a lot of Price's losses, he played well but he gave up the first goal which in turn made the Habs play on their heels and lose, even if Price almost always came back strong after these goals (and 4-5 of them were real ****ing flukes too).

Note that this is "behavior" also happened with Halak in the net and during the playoffs. Habs won most of the games Cammy and Gionta gave them an early lead. And if I remember well, Halak was a FRIKKIN' stone wall during first periods and the team came alive in period 2 and 3. The Canadiens were 10th in the NHL in wins after leading first and one of the worst after trailing. Just shows ya how important that first goal was.

So where is the line between Carey Price's responsibility of letting in the first goal of the game and his teammates's responsibility for sitting on a 1 goal deficit early in the games and spending the first periods talking about LOST's season 6?

If there's a single thing I hope Price improves at this year it's not his "mental strength", glove hand or diet. It's this one : better first periods. He has to give his team more chances to take the lead. His teammates and coaches could learn it too because they won't do well enough if they dont play 60 minutes.
Well, I personally believe that a big part of the reason why Halak got more goal support is because of his play. A goalie can dictate a game with big saves at key times. First goal is obviously important, but keeping that lead once you get it is also important. It helps boost your team's morale, and makes the other team take more risks to tie it up which leads to more goals for your own team.

And that's kind of where I wanted to go with this in the first place. Instead of it being an excuse for Price's record, maybe we should start thinking the team didn't play all that well last season and got bailed out by exceptional performances from Halak.

I don't think it has much to do with Price's confidence but rather the team's confidence in his performances. This team isn't an offensive juggernaut unless we're fully healthy and clicking (that means AK and Pouliot looking like legit top 6 wingers too). If the habs don't click offensively, I don't think Price can do what Halak did last year, confidence or not. We have to play better offensively than last season if Price is to have a good season.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.