HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Season Tickets Discussion (23% increase)

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Giacomin

vCash: 500
I have not heard anything but I think you can sell the tickets on TE for what ever the market is

Old
08-14-2010, 08:33 AM
ban16*

I have found they sell for more in TE than Stubhub. Don't know why. I don't know how law/new law/old law is playing out. What is the latest? Wish we could offer here for above face, maybe one posting per member (to prevent spamming). Would save the commisions for all involved!

Old
08-14-2010, 11:55 AM
ltrangerfan

Ticket scalping law....

http://www.ticketnews.com/news/New-Y...xtension609105

This was the most recent article that I saw re: Ticket scalping.

Did anything change subsequent to the article?

Last edited by ltrangerfan: 08-14-2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: one unecessary word omitted.
Old
08-14-2010, 01:09 PM
ban16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post

Good! I hadn't seen anything, but had heard it was allowed again, thanks for link.

Old
08-16-2010, 01:10 PM
aslim240

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban16 View Post
I have found they sell for more in TE than Stubhub. Don't know why. I don't know how law/new law/old law is playing out. What is the latest? Wish we could offer here for above face, maybe one posting per member (to prevent spamming). Would save the commisions for all involved!
TE does not allow to post for less than face and they include fees n the posting price

Old
08-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Giacomin

I am not sure of the exact fees but if I remember when you post your tickets for face (in my case $56) on TE you get back $53 per ticket and the buyer has to pay $65. That is why Albany has a problem as the Rangers and ticketbastard are still making a profit. On non-premium games I post here for $60 per ticket which includes my paypal fees. The buyer of a single game as well as the seller both save a few dollars.

Old
08-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I will have a few games for sale this year: sec 302 row B 6 & 7

$124.00 per pair

10 games already sold

I got to 10-14 games and give some to clients/friends

Old
08-16-2010, 05:29 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
I am not sure of the exact fees but if I remember when you post your tickets for face (in my case $56) on TE you get back $53 per ticket and the buyer has to pay $65. That is why Albany has a problem as the Rangers and ticketbastard are still making a profit. On non-premium games I post here for $60 per ticket which includes my paypal fees. The buyer of a single game as well as the seller both save a few dollars.
Yeah, they charge a 5% commission (rangers) and ticketdisaster still adds their service charge since this is done through their servers and the email you receive with the tickets is from ticketdisaster, too (I think).

Old
08-19-2010, 03:52 PM
nyrmetros

The half game package is now available.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63833

As is the mini plan.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63867

Old
08-19-2010, 04:06 PM
nyrmetros

Just spoke to my ticket rep and my mini plan has been re-upped. Seat upgrade moves me from 413 Row E to 413 Row C Seat 1 & 2.

Old
08-19-2010, 04:19 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

My seats got moved from 427 to 426 or 425 this year... Aisle seats, Row E

Old
08-19-2010, 06:31 PM
westy51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post

Yes the law was not extended

That article is from June 2009, Broadway Blue posted before

"You can sell them on any site you want. The only question is what will we be allowed to sell them for (particularly on TE) now that the temporary law ending ticket scalping has expired. Haven't heard much about this lately"

Here is one of the articles it was mentioned in back in May 2010

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2010...lping_law.html

Old
08-19-2010, 06:43 PM
westy51

Quote:
Originally Posted by westy51 View Post
Yes the law was not extended

That article is from June 2009, Broadway Blue posted before

"You can sell them on any site you want. The only question is what will we be allowed to sell them for (particularly on TE) now that the temporary law ending ticket scalping has expired. Haven't heard much about this lately"

Here is one of the articles it was mentioned in back in May 2010

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2010...lping_law.html

Found an article that looks like it was extended another year in July 2010

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...ing_cross.html

"Gov. David Paterson signed the bill permitting a continued open market in entertainment and sports ticket resales for another year, spokesman Morgan Hook said. He will review the others when they reach his desk. "

"The ticket scalping measure extends for another year resales without price restrictions. It requires a transferability option for even paperless tickets. It outlaws using automated ticket purchasing software to move ahead of others waiting to get tickets. "

Old
08-19-2010, 07:50 PM
patnyrnyg

By legalizing ticket scalping, it actually lowers the market cost. Years ago, people were afraid of getting caught. Now, every tom, dick, and harry is buying ticket packages thinking they will sell some of the games at a profit to lower their cost. Increased supply of tickets on the secondary market with the same demand lowers the price.

Old
08-19-2010, 10:03 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
even if the extend the ticket scalping law are we only allowed to sell tickets $2 above season ticket holder price or box office prices

Old
08-19-2010, 10:38 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven9d3 View Post
even if the extend the ticket scalping law are we only allowed to sell tickets $2 above season ticket holder price or box office prices
that isnt true at all. I have sold my tickets on the ticket exchange for more than double face value a few times.

Old
08-19-2010, 11:01 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
alright sweet

Old
08-20-2010, 04:21 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Just spoke to my ticket rep and my mini plan has been re-upped. Seat upgrade moves me from 413 Row E to 413 Row C Seat 1 & 2.
Hey metros, just wondering how you like the view there and how obstructed is the goal?

I moved from 301 to 412 to save some money.

I'm pretty nervous about the view.

Old
08-20-2010, 04:28 PM
ruckus*

http://rangers.io-media.com/#/?p=vr&s=401&r=6

A link my ticket rep gave me for a virtual view of the sections. Should be a little more accurate than the one on The Garden's website because those are taken from the front of the section. This at least you can pick from two or three rows.

Old
08-20-2010, 05:42 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
http://rangers.io-media.com/#/?p=vr&s=401&r=6

A link my ticket rep gave me for a virtual view of the sections. Should be a little more accurate than the one on The Garden's website because those are taken from the front of the section. This at least you can pick from two or three rows.
Charging full price for sections 401 and 428 should be criminal.

Old
08-20-2010, 05:44 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Hey metros, just wondering how you like the view there and how obstructed is the goal?

It's not awful or unbearable but you will have trouble viewing the puck & hits/plays that occur directly behind the goal line against the boards in one corner... 412 is one of the corner sections behind the goal line, correct? I've sat in these sections quite a few times... What often winds up happening is people in the earlier rows will stand up to see a particular play and it creates a chain reaction in the section as a result...

Attached below is a picture of the view from your section in one of the particular seats of that section. Taken from:

http://www.thegarden.com/seating/index.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 412.JPG‎ (49.1 KB, 9 views)

Old
08-20-2010, 05:46 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:

You have to lean foward to have a good view. I don't mind that because I lean foward anyway. I personally would rather stand. I still do not like the netting behind the goal. Being that I am only a mini plan holder and a sell a few games to friends of mine, I can not comment on how the atmosphere of the section is game in and game out. 2 games I went to last year I thought the atmosphere was atrocious. Another game I thought the atmosphere was brilliant. It's very hit or miss I guess which is sad, but that's the modern Garden.

Old
08-20-2010, 05:46 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Charging full price for sections 401 and 428 should be criminal.
I've long griped about this... It's a travesty that they charge fans full price for "limited view" seats... I mean there's some seats where you can't even see a 1/3rd of the ice surface, and that's supposed to be at the fan's expense or the fan's fault for buying the seats because the building is out-dated????

Quote:
I personally would rather stand.
I like standing too... I have done that for a couple games... Just stand behind the railing and drink my beer... However some ushers are nazi-like about mandating you sit in your seat... Had a guy tell me to go find my seat so I walked to my section and waited at the top because the play was going on and he follows me and stands right next to me for the next 4 minutes looking at me like I was doing to disobey his marching order...

Last edited by wolfgaze: 08-20-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old
08-20-2010, 07:24 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
You have to lean foward to have a good view. I don't mind that because I lean foward anyway. I personally would rather stand. I still do not like the netting behind the goal. Being that I am only a mini plan holder and a sell a few games to friends of mine, I can not comment on how the atmosphere of the section is game in and game out. 2 games I went to last year I thought the atmosphere was atrocious. Another game I thought the atmosphere was brilliant. It's very hit or miss I guess which is sad, but that's the modern Garden.

I'm not concerned with the atmosphere. That's out of my control. I just want to see the play. I have no problem leaning forward. I was just worried that the goal might be entirely obstructed due to the three rows in front of me. I assumed I would have a hard time with plays behind the net and in the near corner. I just want to know that you're still able to really see the goal if you position yourself correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
It's not awful or unbearable but you will have trouble viewing the puck & hits/plays that occur directly behind the goal line against the boards in one corner... 412 is one of the corner sections behind the goal line, correct? I've sat in these sections quite a few times... What often winds up happening is people in the earlier rows will stand up to see a particular play and it creates a chain reaction in the section as a result...

Attached below is a picture of the view from your section in one of the particular seats of that section. Taken from:

http://www.thegarden.com/seating/index.html

Yeah thanks. That's the link I was using when I was on the phone with my rep re-upping. I thought that looked great. When he emailed me the virtual link I posted above I got more nervous because he said that was more realistic and that makes it look like the railing will be obstructing, and then if you add in three rows of fans it worries me. I still did it to save the money, I juts hope that I don't end up selling most of them for face and then having to buy tickets to other games on ebay.

Old
08-20-2010, 07:37 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
I'm not concerned with the atmosphere. That's out of my control. I just want to see the play. I have no problem leaning forward. I was just worried that the goal might be entirely obstructed due to the three rows in front of me. I assumed I would have a hard time with plays behind the net and in the near corner. I just want to know that you're still able to really see the goal if you position yourself correctly.

Yeah thanks. That's the link I was using when I was on the phone with my rep re-upping. I thought that looked great. When he emailed me the virtual link I posted above I got more nervous because he said that was more realistic and that makes it look like the railing will be obstructing, and then if you add in three rows of fans it worries me. I still did it to save the money, I juts hope that I don't end up selling most of them for face and then having to buy tickets to other games on ebay.
It's really not too bad and shouldn't take away from your enjoyment of being at the game... I sat in these sections when I had to buy individual seats to some of the home openers in past season... You always have the option of getting up and moving to open sections in the 400's, which there always are....

Closed Thread