HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some news about Pacioretty

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-20-2010, 04:19 PM
  #26
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Yeah, I also thought he was too skinny last season. Didn't the guy who told him to get slimmer is fired?
It was all muscles...his body fat was quite low. And if I remember correctly, he did gain quite a few pounds last off season...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 04:24 PM
  #27
NLHabsFan
Registered User
 
NLHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,565
vCash: 500
Nice to see that he got stronger, if he can start camp with confidence and shoot the puck more he could surprise a lot of people. Make Pouliot and Kostitsyn work harder to keep their spots in the top 6.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 04:26 PM
  #28
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,771
vCash: 500
If Pacioretty really makes it this season the Habs would be bigger, faster, and deeper at forward than they were last season. The only shortcoming I see is the lack of right hand shots besides Gionta and Lapierre.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 04:33 PM
  #29
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,099
vCash: 827
Pacioretty-Eller-Boyd sounds like an awesome kid line. I hope Max proves he deserves a spot right out of camp.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 04:35 PM
  #30
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/ho...cioretty.shtml

Some interesting things here, he played with a broken collar bone (from the camp) for a long time last season, also says his cousin died.
I broke my collarbone this summer, there's absolutely no way I can see how he played with that injury.
If the bone actually snapped, there is no way you can play hockey. I could even shower by myself and I was under hard pain killers that Knocks you out.
Walking was a discomfort in itself as I could feel my bone move.

Either he had a small fracture or it's simply not true.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 04:35 PM
  #31
Shutdown
Registered User
 
Shutdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I broke my collarbone this summer, there's absolutely no way I can see how he played with that injury.
If the bone actually snapped, there is no way you can play hockey. I could even shower by myself and I was under hard pain killers that Knocks you out.
Walking was a discomfort in itself as I could feel my bone move.

Either he had a small fracture or it's simply not true.
It was a fracture

Shutdown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 04:36 PM
  #32
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
I am sure he can bounce back.. He'll be good one day.. I have no doubts...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 05:00 PM
  #33
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazz Wagon View Post
It was a fracture
Must have been a tiny tiny one then, because there's no way you can lift you arm over your head if it's a complete fracture. That's actually the way they evaluate your progress, by checking your range of motion with your arm.

I had to maneuver my way just to put a t-shirt on, so I can't see how he played through a broken collarbone, taking shots, stickhandling, checking and getting hits. Simply not possibly unless it was a minor fracture. If it was, then really not that big of deal. A bunch of players play through minor injuries.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 05:07 PM
  #34
bhuya71
Registered User
 
bhuya71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 2,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Must have been a tiny tiny one then, because there's no way you can lift you arm over your head if it's a complete fracture. That's actually the way they evaluate your progress, by checking your range of motion with your arm.

I had to maneuver my way just to put a t-shirt on, so I can't see how he played through a broken collarbone, taking shots, stickhandling, checking and getting hits. Simply not possibly unless it was a minor fracture. If it was, then really not that big of deal. A bunch of players play through minor injuries.
Yes thats true but if a major collarbone injury inhibits movement that much doesn't it warrant a young 21 year old hockey player at the pro levels with decreased confidence in his own physical skills due to a minor fracture playing...well not up to par?

bhuya71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 05:15 PM
  #35
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Pacioretty-Eller-Boyd sounds like an awesome kid line. I hope Max proves he deserves a spot right out of camp.
Yeah ! if Pac does well in the preseason and earn himself a spot on the team. I think we can see this line being try and it could a good third line trio that bring alot to the team IMO.

Forsead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 05:23 PM
  #36
BigTime
Registered User
 
BigTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Pacioretty-Eller-Boyd sounds like an awesome kid line. I hope Max proves he deserves a spot right out of camp.
i agree, ive been saying this for a while
i dont think it will happen to start the season but half way through hopefully

BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 05:47 PM
  #37
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
Yes thats true but if a major collarbone injury inhibits movement that much doesn't it warrant a young 21 year old hockey player at the pro levels with decreased confidence in his own physical skills due to a minor fracture playing...well not up to par?
I'm saying if he had a major collarbone injury, he wouldn't be able to play. Wearing the equipment alone would hurt him.

I don't really care anyways why he didn't play ''up to par'', he can say pretty much whatever he wants. What matters is how he'll bounce back.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 05:57 PM
  #38
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I'm saying if he had a major collarbone injury, he wouldn't be able to play. Wearing the equipment alone would hurt him.

I don't really care anyways why he didn't play ''up to par'', he can say pretty much whatever he wants. What matters is how he'll bounce back.
Paches is an athlete, he will battle through major injuries that normal people can't. Why is it so hard for you to understand the guy was bearing pain though every shift. He can't say "whatever he wants" he can either lie or tell the truth, so if he was diagnosed with a collarbone fracture who are you to say it wasn't serious?

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 06:35 PM
  #39
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Pacioretty-Eller-Boyd sounds like an awesome kid line. I hope Max proves he deserves a spot right out of camp.
boyd is the third best faceoff man on the team (maybe fourth since Cammalleri is good but still). stop moving him to the wing.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 06:37 PM
  #40
katatoniak
Registered User
 
katatoniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jonquiere, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
boyd is the third best faceoff man on the team (maybe fourth since Cammalleri is good but still). stop moving him to the wing.
So what ? you want him at Eller's place ? You want to move our only big talented center to the wing because Boyd is slightly better at faceoffs ? Or you want Boyd on our fourth line ?

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 06:42 PM
  #41
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
So what ? you want him at Eller's place ? You want to move our only big talented center to the wing because Boyd is slightly better at faceoffs ? Or you want Boyd on our fourth line ?
looking at the habs, they have five players who can be third liners. be best for martin to just split the third and fourth lines time equally on even strength.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 06:52 PM
  #42
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
looking at the habs, they have five players who can be third liners. be best for martin to just split the third and fourth lines time equally on even strength.
maybe, but most of all it'll let our star players rest instead of having to play the PK.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 07:03 PM
  #43
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,930
vCash: 500
I find Pierre Mcguire' comparison of pacioretty to mike mcphee to be almost spot on. When this guy fills out, he can be a force with his body.

Mcphee skated relatively well, and always finished his checks. If Pacioretty acquires Mcphee's mean streak and doesn't try to do too much, we have identical twins.

The biggest differences right now are that patches has more finesse to his game (although not seen at the nhl level), and isnt as mean.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 07:06 PM
  #44
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Le Tigre View Post
Believe Pacioretty had Sports Hernia injuries at one time too...

Those are terrible and chronic injury. Much worse than the regular hernia and something to watch going forward since those types are often re-occuring. Need to really strengthen the core to avoid the groin/adominal wall injuries that wreak havoc on hockey players.

Not to worry though, Pacioretty is one of my favourites and I believe he has strong character . I love him and Pyatt and Wyman. They close on the forecheck so fast. A guy looks up to makes his play on the break out (Pyatt, Patches on the forecheck), thinks he has three or four steps to make his play, looks down again, and then BOOOOOM there right on top of the guy...

I think you meant:

A guy looks up to makes his play on the break out (Pyatt, Patches on the forecheck), thinks he has three or four steps to make his play, looks down again, and then BOOOOOM they are now diamonds.

/old spice commercial joke

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 07:11 PM
  #45
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I find Pierre Mcguire' comparison of pacioretty to mike mcphee to be almost spot on. When this guy fills out, he can be a force with his body.

Mcphee skated relatively well, and always finished his checks. If Pacioretty acquires Mcphee's mean streak and doesn't try to do too much, we have identical twins.

The biggest differences right now are that patches has more finesse to his game (although not seen at the nhl level), and isnt as mean.
Strange, I see very little similarities in their style of play.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 07:47 PM
  #46
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Strange, I see very little similarities in their style of play.
I can't say I'm old enough or have watched enough old tapes where mcphee played, but if his game involved having a mean streak, I can't see patches ever getting there. He seems like a ***** cat to me.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 07:48 PM
  #47
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I think you meant:

A guy looks up to makes his play on the break out (Pyatt, Patches on the forecheck), thinks he has three or four steps to make his play, looks down again, and then BOOOOOM they are now diamonds.

/old spice commercial joke
I freakin lol'd. Hard.


JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 07:57 PM
  #48
SeriousFan09
Registered User
 
SeriousFan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Must have been a tiny tiny one then, because there's no way you can lift you arm over your head if it's a complete fracture. That's actually the way they evaluate your progress, by checking your range of motion with your arm.

I had to maneuver my way just to put a t-shirt on, so I can't see how he played through a broken collarbone, taking shots, stickhandling, checking and getting hits. Simply not possibly unless it was a minor fracture. If it was, then really not that big of deal. A bunch of players play through minor injuries.
A minor bone fracture is still a fracture and inhibits everything a player can do at times, stickhandling and shooting are very precise activities and little things throw them off. Vincent Lecavalier's had multiple surgeries on his shoulders now, his goal scoring touch has been badly impacted because of it.

Yzerman played while grinding his ligaments on one knee in the Olympics and 2002 Playoffs. Some people will play through pain we can't even comprehend.

SeriousFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 09:38 PM
  #49
Ketzlaf
Registered User
 
Ketzlaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
6 ft 2 and 210 pounds? Now we're talking!
Smurt imo

Ketzlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 09:50 PM
  #50
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Pacioretty-Eller-Boyd sounds like an awesome kid line. I hope Max proves he deserves a spot right out of camp.
I was thinking this could be an awesome 3rd line, I'm also thinking...

Patches-----Eller----Pyatt (lots of speed on that line)
Moen ------ ???? ---- Lappy

??? Is intruiging

White
Trottier
Maxwell
Hmmm

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.