HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Awkward time for Leafs

Old
08-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

vCash: 500
I honestly don't know what the Toronto media's problem with Kaberle is. These guys are such morons -- damien cox suggested they should waive Kaberle to get rid of him the other day.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
its this kind of crap that pisses kaberle off. Calling him an infection and a mess is just retarted.
This article is the real infection, trying to stir up negative responses.
for sure but he must realize that this opinion is not shared by everyone, or basically anyone that matters, including the franchise and the fans imo. articles are just articles and sportswriters are just sportswriters.

that is what bugs me a lot about this city. most sportswriters represent the fans and city itself, and there`s a common opinion shared by both (i`ve noticed this especially in smaller market cities). Toronto is just all over the place. we`re polluted with garbage writers. it`s sad that all these morons can just print whatever they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto View Post
I move to propose Toronto Sun to be banned from these forums.
Eklund > Toronto Sun

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
I honestly don't know what the Toronto media's problem with Kaberle is. These guys are such morons -- damien cox suggested they should waive Kaberle to get rid of him the other day.
Well we have Leaf fans that are happy he wasn't traded and if he walks away for free as a UFA at seasons end already looking forward to the free Cap space he creates to spend elsewhere.

Waiving him today to regain that Cap room really only moves the time line forward.

What's the difference in the big picture still leaves Leafs with nothing?.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Well we have Leaf fans that are happy he wasn't traded and if he walks away for free as a UFA at seasons end already looking forward to the free Cap space he creates to spend elsewhere.

Waiving him today to regain that Cap room really only moves the time line forward.

that`s super simple.

Kaberle > what we would use his cap space for this season.

Old
08-21-2010, 09:24 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:

Kaberle would be one of the top 3 defenders on the team, cap space not so much.

He was the Leafs' leading scorer in the 196364, 196667 and 196970 seasons, and the team's top goal scorer in 197071 and 197273. Keon was considered one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and one of the best defensive forwards of his era.[3] He would usually play against the opposing team's top centre, and developed a reputation for neutralizing some of the league's top scorers. In 197071, he scored eight shorthanded goals, setting an NHL record.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
that`s super simple.

Kaberle > what we would use his cap space for this season.
Now I am not one of these Leaf fans that enjoys getting nothing for our players. Its the reason we're at the bottom of the league now.

However to answer this question of yours .. Waive Kaberle recover $4 mil, trade for Marc Savard and his $4 mil in a soft deal and you have a #1 center and what we would use the Cap space on his year answer.

Letting Kaberle walk next Summer and signing a UFA for $4 mil has the very same effect. Only improves the forwards a year earlier.

Old
08-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Now I am not one of these Leaf fans that enjoys getting nothing for our players. Its the reason we're at the bottom of the league now.

However to answer this question of yours .. Waive Kaberle recover $4 mil, trade for Marc Savard and his $4 mil in a soft deal and you have a #1 center and what we would use the Cap space on his year answer.

Letting Kaberle walk next Summer and signing a UFA for $4 mil has the very same effect. Only improves the forwards a year earlier.
ugh.

how about, send Jeff Finger to the Marlies, trade for Marc Savard in a soft deal, and have Savard AND Kaberle.

Old
08-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
ugh.

how about, send Jeff Finger to the Marlies, trade for Marc Savard in a soft deal, and have Savard AND Kaberle.
Sure for 1 year and then Kaberle walks away for free leaving the Leafs with nothing.

So that makes this year when we have to go for it all, before we lose one of our best players next year when he walks away.

Old
08-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Quote:
ugh.

I like the way you think.

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Quote:
Sure for 1 year and then Kaberle walks away for free leaving the Leafs with nothing.

So that makes this year when we have to go for it all, before we lose one of our best players next year when he walks away.
If you waive Kaberle, then you won't get anything for him anyways. Every team in the league would want him for free.

Old
08-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:

how can you say this right after proposing we waive him and then trade for Savard?

in both cases, we lose Kaberle for nothing...and in both cases, we have Savard. only in yours, we have Savard, but no Kaberle. in mine, we have both.

Old
08-21-2010, 09:45 PM
edruga

vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThenoD View Post
The girl in the back is usually pretty ugly. They cant even get that right.
So true.

edruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
how can you say this right after proposing we waive him and then trade for Savard?

in both cases, we lose Kaberle for nothing...and in both cases, we have Savard. only in yours, we have Savard, but no Kaberle. in mine, we have both.
Waiving him wasn't my idea I was responding to an earlier post in the thread that mentioned it as a nonsensical idea.

I agree its a silly idea, but Kaberle walking away for free at the end of the season leaving Leafs with nothing to show for him is the equivalent net end result for our Leafs as simply waiving him would be.

All we get is Cap space either way.

Old
08-21-2010, 10:03 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:

Are you blem? Have you been hit in the head recently, does it really have to be explained why 1 more year of Kaberle>>>>>>>>>>>>waive him for nothing just to lose a year of his contract. What's your fasination with cap space? I mean what's it really going to do for us now? And don't say it would get us Savard because all we have to do for that is put Finger in the minors.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
Are you blem? Have you been hit in the head recently, does it really have to be explained why 1 more year of Kaberle>>>>>>>>>>>>waive him for nothing just to lose a year of his contract. What's your fasination with cap space? I mean what's it really going to do for us now? And don't say it would get us Savard because all we have to do for that is put Finger in the minors.
Mess Changed his mind in the post above yours. He now thinks its a nonsensical idea.

Old
08-21-2010, 10:12 PM
KLM-Line

All that Kabs has to do is sticking with his NTC.
There is a fair chance that his contract runs longer than Wilson`s tenure as a Leaf coach.

The only immediate action required is to send the entire Toronto Sun crew to Shanahan`s orientation camp and test the result of repeated blindside open-ice hits on `em. Leafs should assign Komi and Dion for that task in order to undertake it "crushes" properly.

KLM-Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 10:51 PM
serdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
The Toronto Sun is a trashy newspaper. It in itself is an infection to the city of Toronto
The doctor prescribed me ignorethatragenol to take care of my Toronto Sun infection. The burning stopped immediately, oh wait that was my other prescript...I mean...

serdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 10:55 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post
Also, Kaberle is a "UFO" next summer according to the Sun. Did you know that?
Makes sense, he's obviously an alien in Ron Wilson's locker room

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 10:57 PM
PasDaSquini

I see nothing wrong with the sun article, yes it is crap and most likely filled with lies because Tomas has never mentioned anything of problems he has had with his coach last season and always wanted to remain a leaf. You cannot really knock the article's writer he sparked the attention of this leaf community and we all read the article so he is just doing his job.

PasDaSquini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Ritzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman2408 View Post
Wouldn't know....pretty much just look at the girl at the back
Speaking of infection......

Ritzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Funk Volume
Independent Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzie View Post
Speaking of infection......

Funk Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Ritzie

Quote:
Unfortunately they write this **** and then we talk about it. As a fan base we're definitely an easy mark.

Ritzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Bobo Fett*

Quote:
Sadly, the media here is a joke when it comes to hockey. They are the ones who have a huge part in running players out of town with their ********.

Bobo Fett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 11:32 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

The writer's opinion of Kaberle aside, I can't see much chance he waives the NT. Kaberle either re-signs or walks. His value shouldn't change dramatically during the season except he again would have to approve any destination making him tougher to move. If BB was committed to dealing him it would have happened.

It seems a little odd that BB wouldn't have discussed a new deal while the trade window was still open because the club had better leverage then. Perhaps the offers were so weak, maybe a very late 1st and a marginal prospect, that Burke was willing to risk losing any return to have at least a chance at putting together the best top 4possible. It will be interesting to see it play out.

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2010, 09:08 AM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Do you honestly believe Kaberle (or Wilson) would still be with the team right now if there was a problem? Burke would have fixed that a week ago.
yeah because Burke is all that....he can do anything....and he will do anything....I wish people would stop talking like Burke is some kind of Effin superhero or something.

I believe Wilson doesnt like Kaberle...just take a look at how his playing time diminished last season and he called him out more than once......I can believe that Kaberle doesnt like Wilson....why not? I bet he isnt the only player on the team that dislikes the coach....because the coach is a royal *****...

hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote