HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Senators and Wild

Old
08-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Senatorsfan92*

vCash: 500
Senators and Wild

To:Ottawa Senators
Colton Gillies

To:Minasota Wild
Brian Lee

Would Wild fans do this trade and is this trade fair value?

Senatorsfan92* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Well I assumed b4 opening this thread I would either see Burns and/or Lee's name in it. We don't need Lee. And based on how many Lee proposals I've seen this year from Ottawa fans I suspect we don't want him either. We are in good shape behind the blueline. With Burns, Schultz, Zanon, Zid, Stoner and Barker on the club. Not to mention prospects Prosser, Scandella, Cuma, and Falk. Falk will probably be battling for a 6/7 slot next season. We have finally upgraded our forward prospect pool from pathetic to just thin over the past season. No way we trade away an area of weakness for something we don't really need. If their was any trade for a Dman it would be more of a shut down Willie Mitchell type player. Not another puck moving blueliner. So please no more Lee proposals to Minnesota.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 01:11 AM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
replace Gillies by Sheppard and done

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 02:08 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Two non-Burns trades in the same day? It's an August miracle!

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 09:52 AM
nickschultzfan

Wild say no.

They are keeping their forward prospects and don't need more D prospects at that age group.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 12:54 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Gillies will be lucky if he ever makes the NHL, and if he does, he'll never get more than 10 points a year.

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 01:33 AM
boozeash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I'd do it in a heartbeat. Gillies will be lucky if he ever makes the NHL, and if he does, he'll never get more than 10 points a year.
Ottawa wishes that you were The Wild's GM.

boozeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
Classless Chaps

vCash: 50
hell no from the Sens, Gillies is no more than a slightly better Jim O'Brien. Gillies could be a very good 3rd liner but I'd be shocked if he ever becomes a real offensive threat. The Sens are stocked with bottom 6ers and it would take Gillies a loooong time to push one of Neil, Kelly, Smith, Fisher/Regin/Foligno, etc, to the wayside.

Lee, on the other hand, has at least a 50-50 chance of being a top 4 DMan. At worst, he is a good #5. Lee gets flack because of his draft position, but people fail to realize that he is, at worst, a late first rounder if there was to be a redraft. Lee was put in the unfortunate situation of being drafted by a top team that had no immediate need for him. Lee was drafted as a project to a top team, so it makes sense that its taken him a while to crack the line-up. Spezza didn't make the team for a few years, not because he wasn't a fantastic young player, but because he wasn't ready to play a central role on an elite team. Sure, Lee isn't being called on to play a large role and this team doesn't have the depth it once did, but Lee still has a chance of becoming a very good player and he will at least be a good bottom pairing guy for the next 5-10 years. That I have no doubt of. The Sens will eventually trade him, but it will be once he proves that he can and will stick in the NHL in at least a semi-prominent role (luckily, all Sen D-Men play at least 17mins/game for the most part)

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Karlssonlee

Gillies is the same mold as Shean Donovan

So no

Last edited by Karlssonlee: 08-21-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 10:36 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
i dont see why the sens do this. Gilles adds nothing we dont already have in the system and we'd need to add defensive depth if we lost lee for a forward.