HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

NHL 11: 360 HF Flyers Team: You Can't Do That (Part V)

Old
08-22-2010, 04:50 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
NHL 08 was a carbon copy of 07

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2010, 10:01 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
wasnt 08 when the series really changed? Thats when the EASHL was brought in....

I forget, doesnt matter. still gonna buy it. NHL is a way better series, and after playing with the Ultimate Hockey league thing, this game is gonna be the ****ing **** played out of it.

60 dollars for NHL11 is ****ing fine.

20 dollars for the newest madden is a ****ing ripoff.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2010, 11:03 AM
redfield85

Send a message via AIM to redfield85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
NHL 08 was a carbon copy of 07
False. You couldn't play proper defense in 07 because of the skating mechanics. 08 fixed that and was a great game. And I am pretty sure EASHL came in NHL 09. There is no mention of it on the 08 box.

redfield85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2010, 11:04 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfield85 View Post

Nub whisperer? That sounds familiar. Are you friends with a Frank or Mark from King Of Prussia?
Haha yes, I work with Mark. Frank was Mark's roommate when he still lived in KOP. Small world!

Were you one of the kids I fought in UFC 2009?

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2010, 12:41 PM
redfield85

Send a message via AIM to redfield85
Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
Haha yes, I work with Mark. Frank was Mark's roommate when he still lived in KOP. Small world!

Were you one of the kids I fought in UFC 2009?
Quite possibly. Haha. Too funny.

redfield85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2010, 01:35 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
wasnt 08 when the series really changed? Thats when the EASHL was brought in....

I forget, doesnt matter. still gonna buy it. NHL is a way better series, and after playing with the Ultimate Hockey league thing, this game is gonna be the ****ing **** played out of it.

60 dollars for NHL11 is ****ing fine.

20 dollars for the newest madden is a ****ing ripoff.
Ultimate Team is sweet and free, so that's awesome.

It's an awesome mix of fantasy sports and 1-v-1. FIFA and Madden charge for it, and many say it's broken in Madden because you dont get enough cards to keep your team around unless you buy some using real money which is lame.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 07:47 AM
JSTAFF

Haven't got alot of time on the demo, prolly wont either. I'll just pick up the sticks when 11 comes out.

Andrew and I have a pretty awesome franchise going on in Madden. Playing on a team makes the game way more fun.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 01:53 PM
buckwildtimothy

EASHL, Be a GM, and Be a Pro info is supposed to come out Friday via live chat here-->http://nhl.easports.com/livechat.action

Excited to learn how the playoffs work

buckwildtimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 02:01 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwildtimothy View Post
EASHL, Be a GM, and Be a Pro info is supposed to come out Friday via live chat here-->http://nhl.easports.com/livechat.action

Excited to learn how the playoffs work
I'm sure you'll keep us updated.

Old
08-23-2010, 02:28 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Just reserved it 2 hours ago.

If I reserve it, do I get that special boost pack that came with the game just like in NHL10?

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 02:50 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Gentlemen, check your PM boxes.

Opus, you too.

Old
08-23-2010, 03:41 PM
IAN aka RYAN

Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
Gentlemen, check your PM boxes.

Opus, you too.
I hope i get one, because im sure its ****ing good.

IAN aka RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 10:09 AM
agrudez*

I haven't been on for awhile, took a 4 day weekend from work and went to Wildwood and had a Phillies game Thurs and tonight.

I'll be on Wed and Thurs, though, hopefully some of you guys will be on to get some games together. Still haven't tried out the demo either.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 10:21 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I haven't been on for awhile, took a 4 day weekend from work and went to Wildwood and had a Phillies game Thurs and tonight.

I'll be on Wed and Thurs, though, hopefully some of you guys will be on to get some games together. Still haven't tried out the demo either.
Going to the beach for the weekend (leaving tonight) so I will not be on. I already played with you and thought you were a great goalie.

Your defense was lacking, but nothing Coach JSTAFF can't fix.

Old
08-24-2010, 12:36 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Going to the beach for the weekend (leaving tonight) so I will not be on. I already played with you and thought you were a great goalie.

Your defense was lacking, but nothing Coach JSTAFF can't fix.
Yeah, I would agree about the defense, I was feeling the rust pretty bad that game... still can't believe I tried checking at the blue line like a newb twice.

Which beach are you going to? I might be going back to Wildwood again this weekend, my girlfriend has a house down there.

Old
08-24-2010, 01:03 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Yeah, I would agree about the defense, I was feeling the rust pretty bad that game... still can't believe I tried checking at the blue line like a newb twice.

Which beach are you going to? I might be going back to Wildwood again this weekend, my girlfriend has a house down there.
Ocean City, Maryland.

Old
08-25-2010, 05:57 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Ive been nailing the cross crease with extreme efficiency now.

You will be able to count on me for everything ive always done. Maybe even be better at faceoffs now too!

Old
08-25-2010, 10:09 PM
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread

Leafs fan here in peace.

Just started up our thread for NHL 11 EASHL, hopefully we can have some scrims some time.

JSTAFF, not sure what your GT is but add me @JacobimMugatu so we can set up some Leafs v Flyers games when the game comes out

JacobimMugatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 10:52 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Versteeg View Post
Leafs fan here in peace.

Just started up our thread for NHL 11 EASHL, hopefully we can have some scrims some time.

JSTAFF, not sure what your GT is but add me @JacobimMugatu so we can set up some Leafs v Flyers games when the game comes out
JSTAFF can play you guys by himself, and still kick the **** outta you.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 07:44 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Ive been nailing the cross crease with extreme efficiency now.

You will be able to count on me for everything ive always done. Maybe even be better at faceoffs now too!
I've only played the demo twice now and I'm pretty much done with it already. I know for damn sure I couldn't get any cross creases to land on All-Star against the CPU. Almost instant clean interception all the time. The dekeing is fun as **** though I should prolly play it more. Me and Andrew's madden season is too damn fun though at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Versteeg View Post
Leafs fan here in peace.

Kris, add Irish, hes GT is posted somewhere in this thread. He coordinates all set-time games because hes a ginger. We would love to play you guys though. We've had some great matches against other message boards. By great I meant we slaughtered them so it's alot of fun for us! just kidding just kidding....but seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
JSTAFF can play you guys by himself, and still kick the **** outta you.
Thank you kind sir. I have a feeling Adam is going to be one of our best players this year though. That kid puts in work.

Old
08-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Hubey1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
I've only played the demo twice now and I'm pretty much done with it already. I know for damn sure I couldn't get any cross creases to land on All-Star against the CPU. Almost instant clean interception all the time. The dekeing is fun as **** though I should prolly play it more. Me and Andrew's madden season is too damn fun though at the moment.

Kris, add Irish, hes GT is posted somewhere in this thread. He coordinates all set-time games because hes a ginger. We would love to play you guys though. We've had some great matches against other message boards. By great I meant we slaughtered them so it's alot of fun for us! just kidding just kidding....but seriously

Thank you kind sir. I have a feeling Adam is going to be one of our best players this year though. That kid puts in work.
Kids video game work ethic is top notch. Im proud to have him on the right side for the STAGGER SLAPPER

Hubey1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 07:58 AM
agrudez*

I played the demo finally for about 2 hours last night and I will have to concur about the cross crease... actually, any type of setup in or inside the mid slot was almost auto-intercepted, even if I felt like I had caught the computer napping he would still spin around instantly and the puck would glue to his stick(I did get one setup from behind the net, though) and I only played on pro. Of course, this doesn't matter at all because wristers from the high slot, breakaways and slappers were going in like crazy, I think my lowest scoring game was 5-0, couldn't figure out how to get the difficulty above pro to try the other difficulties, though.

I couldn't really figure out the deking, do I hold LT and then try and do moves? And faceoffs are incredibly confusing. Maybe I should have done the player tutorial... or maybe I should leave the fancy new improvements to others and stick to playing a NHL '10 goalie in NHL '11 since they didn't actually change anything for us.

Old
08-26-2010, 08:26 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Ive been playing the ultimate team and winning every game about 5-0.

Ive been torching team canada and **** too. the computer like always intercepts the cross crease, but there are sneaky ninja ways around it.

The dekeing is incredible, im actually good at it.

And there is still ALOT of gay wrister action.

Old
08-26-2010, 08:29 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
I played the demo finally for about 2 hours last night and I will have to concur about the cross crease... actually, any type of setup in or inside the mid slot was almost auto-intercepted, even if I felt like I had caught the computer napping he would still spin around instantly and the puck would glue to his stick(I did get one setup from behind the net, though) and I only played on pro. Of course, this doesn't matter at all because wristers from the high slot, breakaways and slappers were going in like crazy, I think my lowest scoring game was 5-0, couldn't figure out how to get the difficulty above pro to try the other difficulties, though.

I couldn't really figure out the deking, do I hold LT and then try and do moves? And faceoffs are incredibly confusing. Maybe I should have done the player tutorial... or maybe I should leave the fancy new improvements to others and stick to playing a NHL '10 goalie in NHL '11 since they didn't actually change anything for us.
I saw you invited me to party last night. If I'm on Madden I'm playing with my roomates and got no mic action; I'm not ignoring you.

Quote:
Ive been playing the ultimate team and winning every game about 5-0.

Ive been torching team canada and **** too. the computer like always intercepts the cross crease, but there are sneaky ninja ways around it.

The dekeing is incredible, im actually good at it.

And there is still ALOT of gay wrister action.
You also love the penis. So should I stick with Jev The Flea in 11 - go back to my real name - or go with the coach.....so many decisions.

Old
08-26-2010, 08:36 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Real name or coach.

no gay ********