HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

NHL 11: 360 HF Flyers Team: You Can't Do That (Part V)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-22-2010, 04:50 AM
  #101
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
NHL 08 was a carbon copy of 07

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2010, 10:01 AM
  #102
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
wasnt 08 when the series really changed? Thats when the EASHL was brought in....

I forget, doesnt matter. still gonna buy it. NHL is a way better series, and after playing with the Ultimate Hockey league thing, this game is gonna be the ****ing **** played out of it.

60 dollars for NHL11 is ****ing fine.

20 dollars for the newest madden is a ****ing ripoff.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2010, 11:03 AM
  #103
redfield85
Registered User
 
redfield85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to redfield85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
NHL 08 was a carbon copy of 07
False. You couldn't play proper defense in 07 because of the skating mechanics. 08 fixed that and was a great game. And I am pretty sure EASHL came in NHL 09. There is no mention of it on the 08 box.

redfield85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2010, 11:04 AM
  #104
ihatebraydenschenn
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SunnyvaleTrailerPark
Country: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfield85 View Post

Nub whisperer? That sounds familiar. Are you friends with a Frank or Mark from King Of Prussia?
Haha yes, I work with Mark. Frank was Mark's roommate when he still lived in KOP. Small world!

Were you one of the kids I fought in UFC 2009?

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2010, 12:41 PM
  #105
redfield85
Registered User
 
redfield85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to redfield85
Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
Haha yes, I work with Mark. Frank was Mark's roommate when he still lived in KOP. Small world!

Were you one of the kids I fought in UFC 2009?
Quite possibly. Haha. Too funny.

redfield85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2010, 01:35 PM
  #106
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
wasnt 08 when the series really changed? Thats when the EASHL was brought in....

I forget, doesnt matter. still gonna buy it. NHL is a way better series, and after playing with the Ultimate Hockey league thing, this game is gonna be the ****ing **** played out of it.

60 dollars for NHL11 is ****ing fine.

20 dollars for the newest madden is a ****ing ripoff.
Ultimate Team is sweet and free, so that's awesome.

It's an awesome mix of fantasy sports and 1-v-1. FIFA and Madden charge for it, and many say it's broken in Madden because you dont get enough cards to keep your team around unless you buy some using real money which is lame.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 07:47 AM
  #107
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Haven't got alot of time on the demo, prolly wont either. I'll just pick up the sticks when 11 comes out.

Andrew and I have a pretty awesome franchise going on in Madden. Playing on a team makes the game way more fun.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 01:53 PM
  #108
buckwildtimothy
Registered User
 
buckwildtimothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
EASHL, Be a GM, and Be a Pro info is supposed to come out Friday via live chat here-->http://nhl.easports.com/livechat.action

Excited to learn how the playoffs work

buckwildtimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 02:01 PM
  #109
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwildtimothy View Post
EASHL, Be a GM, and Be a Pro info is supposed to come out Friday via live chat here-->http://nhl.easports.com/livechat.action

Excited to learn how the playoffs work
I'm sure you'll keep us updated.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 02:28 PM
  #110
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Just reserved it 2 hours ago.

If I reserve it, do I get that special boost pack that came with the game just like in NHL10?

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 02:50 PM
  #111
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Gentlemen, check your PM boxes.

Opus, you too.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 03:41 PM
  #112
IAN aka RYAN
Registered User
 
IAN aka RYAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Del.Co. PA
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Gentlemen, check your PM boxes.

Opus, you too.
I hope i get one, because im sure its ****ing good.

IAN aka RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 10:09 AM
  #113
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
I haven't been on for awhile, took a 4 day weekend from work and went to Wildwood and had a Phillies game Thurs and tonight.

I'll be on Wed and Thurs, though, hopefully some of you guys will be on to get some games together. Still haven't tried out the demo either.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 10:21 AM
  #114
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I haven't been on for awhile, took a 4 day weekend from work and went to Wildwood and had a Phillies game Thurs and tonight.

I'll be on Wed and Thurs, though, hopefully some of you guys will be on to get some games together. Still haven't tried out the demo either.
Going to the beach for the weekend (leaving tonight) so I will not be on. I already played with you and thought you were a great goalie.

Your defense was lacking, but nothing Coach JSTAFF can't fix.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:36 PM
  #115
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Going to the beach for the weekend (leaving tonight) so I will not be on. I already played with you and thought you were a great goalie.

Your defense was lacking, but nothing Coach JSTAFF can't fix.
Yeah, I would agree about the defense, I was feeling the rust pretty bad that game... still can't believe I tried checking at the blue line like a newb twice.

Which beach are you going to? I might be going back to Wildwood again this weekend, my girlfriend has a house down there.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 01:03 PM
  #116
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Yeah, I would agree about the defense, I was feeling the rust pretty bad that game... still can't believe I tried checking at the blue line like a newb twice.

Which beach are you going to? I might be going back to Wildwood again this weekend, my girlfriend has a house down there.
Ocean City, Maryland.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 05:57 PM
  #117
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Ive been nailing the cross crease with extreme efficiency now.

You will be able to count on me for everything ive always done. Maybe even be better at faceoffs now too!

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 10:09 PM
  #118
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread
 
JacobimMugatu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: f=253
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,199
vCash: 500
Leafs fan here in peace.

Just started up our thread for NHL 11 EASHL, hopefully we can have some scrims some time.

JSTAFF, not sure what your GT is but add me @JacobimMugatu so we can set up some Leafs v Flyers games when the game comes out

JacobimMugatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 10:52 PM
  #119
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Versteeg View Post
Leafs fan here in peace.

Just started up our thread for NHL 11 EASHL, hopefully we can have some scrims some time.

JSTAFF, not sure what your GT is but add me @JacobimMugatu so we can set up some Leafs v Flyers games when the game comes out
JSTAFF can play you guys by himself, and still kick the **** outta you.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 07:44 AM
  #120
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Ive been nailing the cross crease with extreme efficiency now.

You will be able to count on me for everything ive always done. Maybe even be better at faceoffs now too!
I've only played the demo twice now and I'm pretty much done with it already. I know for damn sure I couldn't get any cross creases to land on All-Star against the CPU. Almost instant clean interception all the time. The dekeing is fun as **** though I should prolly play it more. Me and Andrew's madden season is too damn fun though at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Versteeg View Post
Leafs fan here in peace.

Just started up our thread for NHL 11 EASHL, hopefully we can have some scrims some time.

JSTAFF, not sure what your GT is but add me @JacobimMugatu so we can set up some Leafs v Flyers games when the game comes out
Kris, add Irish, hes GT is posted somewhere in this thread. He coordinates all set-time games because hes a ginger. We would love to play you guys though. We've had some great matches against other message boards. By great I meant we slaughtered them so it's alot of fun for us! just kidding just kidding....but seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
JSTAFF can play you guys by himself, and still kick the **** outta you.
Thank you kind sir. I have a feeling Adam is going to be one of our best players this year though. That kid puts in work.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 07:56 AM
  #121
Hubey1327
Registered User
 
Hubey1327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Penn State
Posts: 1,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
I've only played the demo twice now and I'm pretty much done with it already. I know for damn sure I couldn't get any cross creases to land on All-Star against the CPU. Almost instant clean interception all the time. The dekeing is fun as **** though I should prolly play it more. Me and Andrew's madden season is too damn fun though at the moment.



Kris, add Irish, hes GT is posted somewhere in this thread. He coordinates all set-time games because hes a ginger. We would love to play you guys though. We've had some great matches against other message boards. By great I meant we slaughtered them so it's alot of fun for us! just kidding just kidding....but seriously



Thank you kind sir. I have a feeling Adam is going to be one of our best players this year though. That kid puts in work.
Kids video game work ethic is top notch. Im proud to have him on the right side for the STAGGER SLAPPER

Hubey1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 07:58 AM
  #122
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
I played the demo finally for about 2 hours last night and I will have to concur about the cross crease... actually, any type of setup in or inside the mid slot was almost auto-intercepted, even if I felt like I had caught the computer napping he would still spin around instantly and the puck would glue to his stick(I did get one setup from behind the net, though) and I only played on pro. Of course, this doesn't matter at all because wristers from the high slot, breakaways and slappers were going in like crazy, I think my lowest scoring game was 5-0, couldn't figure out how to get the difficulty above pro to try the other difficulties, though.

I couldn't really figure out the deking, do I hold LT and then try and do moves? And faceoffs are incredibly confusing. Maybe I should have done the player tutorial... or maybe I should leave the fancy new improvements to others and stick to playing a NHL '10 goalie in NHL '11 since they didn't actually change anything for us.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 08:26 AM
  #123
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Ive been playing the ultimate team and winning every game about 5-0.

Ive been torching team canada and **** too. the computer like always intercepts the cross crease, but there are sneaky ninja ways around it.

The dekeing is incredible, im actually good at it.

And there is still ALOT of gay wrister action.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 08:29 AM
  #124
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I played the demo finally for about 2 hours last night and I will have to concur about the cross crease... actually, any type of setup in or inside the mid slot was almost auto-intercepted, even if I felt like I had caught the computer napping he would still spin around instantly and the puck would glue to his stick(I did get one setup from behind the net, though) and I only played on pro. Of course, this doesn't matter at all because wristers from the high slot, breakaways and slappers were going in like crazy, I think my lowest scoring game was 5-0, couldn't figure out how to get the difficulty above pro to try the other difficulties, though.

I couldn't really figure out the deking, do I hold LT and then try and do moves? And faceoffs are incredibly confusing. Maybe I should have done the player tutorial... or maybe I should leave the fancy new improvements to others and stick to playing a NHL '10 goalie in NHL '11 since they didn't actually change anything for us.
I saw you invited me to party last night. If I'm on Madden I'm playing with my roomates and got no mic action; I'm not ignoring you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Ive been playing the ultimate team and winning every game about 5-0.

Ive been torching team canada and **** too. the computer like always intercepts the cross crease, but there are sneaky ninja ways around it.

The dekeing is incredible, im actually good at it.

And there is still ALOT of gay wrister action.
You also love the penis. So should I stick with Jev The Flea in 11 - go back to my real name - or go with the coach.....so many decisions.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 08:36 AM
  #125
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Real name or coach.

no gay ********

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.