HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tampa Bay / Québec connection theories

View Poll Results: How come is there so many Québec guys in Tampa
Guy Boucher has that much influence. 28 15.73%
A move to Quebec city is in the books, if not for 2011, soon. 32 17.98%
Yzerman is a Quebec lover 11 6.18%
Coincidence (ya right) 92 51.69%
Other reason 15 8.43%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-20-2010, 10:12 AM
  #101
HABsurde
Registered User
 
HABsurde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
What I find interesting is that if it is the influence of Boucher and Brisebois, why don't we have the same MO in Montreal? I didn't see us as having that many Quebecers in the franchise. Now that they've gone to Tampa, if that is the case, I wonder why they did it there and not here.
Boucher was coach in Hamilton and Brisebois 2 ass to gainey in MTL and GM in Hamilton... sure they would provide the line to follow in MTL

In Hamilton, they had last year - Dumont, Desharnais, Carle, Desjardins (french speaking, not quebecer) Fortier, Darche (at the Beginning of the year) and a couple of others french speaking player... i guess where they had control... that's what they did.... maybe they have some kind of influence in TB

HABsurde is offline  
Old
08-20-2010, 10:16 AM
  #102
Davebo
Le Gros Bill
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,461
vCash: 500
I voted Other : Paranoia

As in too much of it.

Davebo is offline  
Old
08-20-2010, 10:17 AM
  #103
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,635
vCash: 500
Do people REALLY think NHL GM's or scouts, etc, make player acquisitions based on the language a player speaks?

Really?

417 is offline  
Old
08-20-2010, 10:27 AM
  #104
HABsurde
Registered User
 
HABsurde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Do people REALLY think NHL GM's or scouts, etc, make player acquisitions based on the language a player speaks?

Really?
you don't think that teams will get player from same nationality to help the core?

HABsurde is offline  
Old
08-20-2010, 10:53 AM
  #105
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
you don't think that teams will get player from same nationality to help the core?
I don't think it makes a difference either way...it's a bonus, sure, but it's not part of the evaluation of whether or not to acquire a player. You really believe that Yzerman acquired specific players based purely on the fact that they speak french?

Do you think they traded for Simon Gagné because he's from Ste. Foy Quebec, or because he's one of the NHL's best two way players a 2 time 40+ goal scorer, a 2 time 30 + goal scorer, an Olympic gold medal winner, multiple NHL all-star.

Again, sure the fact he's french and so are two of the of the lightnings stars also being french does hold 'some' value, but it's on a superficial level, it doesn't play into the evaluation.

This isn't a political referendum, he's running a hockey team.

It's only in Montreal that politics and sports get thrown in together.


Last edited by 417: 08-20-2010 at 11:01 AM.
417 is offline  
Old
08-20-2010, 04:31 PM
  #106
HABsurde
Registered User
 
HABsurde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I don't think it makes a difference either way...it's a bonus, sure, but it's not part of the evaluation of whether or not to acquire a player. You really believe that Yzerman acquired specific players based purely on the fact that they speak french?

Do you think they traded for Simon Gagné because he's from Ste. Foy Quebec, or because he's one of the NHL's best two way players a 2 time 40+ goal scorer, a 2 time 30 + goal scorer, an Olympic gold medal winner, multiple NHL all-star.

Again, sure the fact he's french and so are two of the of the lightnings stars also being french does hold 'some' value, but it's on a superficial level, it doesn't play into the evaluation.

This isn't a political referendum, he's running a hockey team.

It's only in Montreal that politics and sports get thrown in together.
In the 90's when detroit had 5 or 6 russians, it's wasn't just because they were talented, they could have gone with 5 or 6 swedes.... they did it cause the player they were building the team around then was Fedorov (yes Yzerman was there, but they were building around Sergei...

You could say that Gagné is a good player all around, but why signing Marc Antoine Pouliot, or trading for Desjardins unless you would like to provide your core with a surrounding that would make them comfortable ???

HABsurde is offline  
Old
08-20-2010, 05:07 PM
  #107
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
In the 90's when detroit had 5 or 6 russians, it's wasn't just because they were talented, they could have gone with 5 or 6 swedes.... they did it cause the player they were building the team around then was Fedorov (yes Yzerman was there, but they were building around Sergei...

You could say that Gagné is a good player all around, but why signing Marc Antoine Pouliot, or trading for Desjardins unless you would like to provide your core with a surrounding that would make them comfortable ???
Again...if you think that them SPEAKING FRENCH was the predominant reason for acquiring them, you're way off IMO.

It's a bonus, but it's not a reason to acquire said players.

Sorry man...you're gonna have a hard time convincing me that the language that comes out of a persons mouth, impacts their ability on the ice or their teamates...again, I think that's superficial

417 is offline  
Old
08-20-2010, 06:16 PM
  #108
MoonlightGraham
Registered User
 
MoonlightGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
That would be totally crazy but their few last moves almost make you wonder...

Seriously though I do think Quebec will get a team but I don't think it'll be Tampa Bay. There are some teams that seem much more likely to move than the Lightning, like Atlanta, Phoenix, the Islanders or Florida...

MoonlightGraham is offline  
Old
08-20-2010, 07:02 PM
  #109
ReVeuF
Registered User
 
ReVeuF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,038
vCash: 500
I vote Other reason : Yzerman is so mad deep inside him about the fact he did not get a call to replace Gainey, now he try to strike back by getting players from Quebec and using the French media against the Habs.

ReVeuF is offline  
Old
08-20-2010, 10:13 PM
  #110
HABsurde
Registered User
 
HABsurde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Again...if you think that them SPEAKING FRENCH was the predominant reason for acquiring them, you're way off IMO.

It's a bonus, but it's not a reason to acquire said players.

Sorry man...you're gonna have a hard time convincing me that the language that comes out of a persons mouth, impacts their ability on the ice or their teamates...again, I think that's superficial
you're saying language is not an issue... Okay so tell me sir, why in hell would Steve Yzerman trade for Desjardins who's a marginal goalie (lot are saying) why you could get a plethora of goalies who could serve the same purpose... And why would they sign Marc-Antoine Pouliot, a type of player that you could also find a 100 times in north america... i'd like to get your take on this as i believe that the langage spoken by these two are a factor. Not a major one as english being the language of the hockey world will always dominate in hockey but i do believe it is a factor...

HABsurde is offline  
Old
08-21-2010, 12:55 AM
  #111
alexstream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
you're saying language is not an issue... Okay so tell me sir, why in hell would Steve Yzerman trade for Desjardins who's a marginal goalie (lot are saying) why you could get a plethora of goalies who could serve the same purpose... And why would they sign Marc-Antoine Pouliot, a type of player that you could also find a 100 times in north america... i'd like to get your take on this as i believe that the langage spoken by these two are a factor. Not a major one as english being the language of the hockey world will always dominate in hockey but i do believe it is a factor...
and Mathieu Roy and Boucher's assistants and Julien Brisebois (was called the mastermind, but really, what did he do? no frontloading no nothing original)

alexstream is offline  
Old
08-21-2010, 08:35 AM
  #112
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
you're saying language is not an issue... Okay so tell me sir, why in hell would Steve Yzerman trade for Desjardins who's a marginal goalie (lot are saying) why you could get a plethora of goalies who could serve the same purpose... And why would they sign Marc-Antoine Pouliot, a type of player that you could also find a 100 times in north america... i'd like to get your take on this as i believe that the langage spoken by these two are a factor. Not a major one as english being the language of the hockey world will always dominate in hockey but i do believe it is a factor...
why would yzerman sign Desjardins...I don't know, i'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that he was recommended by Guy Boucher, you know, the guy who was his head coach last year in Hamilton? These types of deals happen in EVERY single organization when a minor league coaches changes organization, he often recommends players from his previous organization to his new team...couple that with the fact that the Lightning NEEDED an AHL goalie, and you have the reason why Desjardins was acquired.

As for Marc-Antoine Pouliot...maybe they just like his skill set, maybe they think he'll be a good cheap addition to the team, why does his mother tongue have to come into the equation? Did they acquire Dan Ellis via free agency cause he speaks english?

This language issue, at least when it comes to the NHL, is all in your heads...I really don't think it's such a galvanizing issue for NHL GM's and management.

Sorry, I can't buy that NHL GM's are acquiring players based purely on the fact they speak french, it's one of the most ridiculous notions i've ever come across in terms of sports. The day you or anyone can prove that the language that comes out of a players mouth, influences situations on the ice (other than being able to communicate, which most players do in English anyways), I might give credence to your flimsy argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
and Mathieu Roy and Boucher's assistants and Julien Brisebois (was called the mastermind, but really, what did he do? no frontloading no nothing original)
its called FAMILIARITY...Mathieu Roy played for the Bulldogs if i'm not mistaken when he was part of the Oilers organization when they shared the Bulldogs affiliate a few yearas ago....

as for Boucher's assistants, again, they're HIS assistants, why wouldn't he bring them...

It's like when Bob Gainey became GM of the Habs, did he not bring with him guys like Doug Jarvis along with him? Or when Jacques Martin became coach of the Habs, he brought with him Perry Pearn...

please

417 is offline  
Old
08-22-2010, 12:16 AM
  #113
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,724
vCash: 500
Well, I assume that a large portion of the hockey fans around Tampa are snowbirds, so I assume that Yzerman wants to cash in on this. Boucher and Brisebois are probably advising him.

InglewoodJack is offline  
Old
08-22-2010, 12:33 AM
  #114
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nords1995 View Post
Sincèrement, je pense que t'es propos sont stupides....et que tu manques de connaissances générales du Québec et de la Ville de Montréal. Tes propos dépassent ceux de la compréhension du hockey, frolent l'indécence et le mépris envers une communauté et tu ignores l'endroit où le Canadien joue et l'impact que cette prestigieuse équipe et organisation a eu sur le passé d'une génération de québécois....et d'une province.

Si tu vis au Québec, tu n'as probablement pas sortie de ton île!!!!
Why is that?

He targeted a segment of the population that is there. He might've been a bit harsh, and exagerated too, but it is there and you can't deny it. He also says that most Quebecers would chose the talent before the name (the Gagné example). Aren't most Quebecers French, non? A lot more than a majority, non? So he's not saying all French people are that way, just that particular RDS crowd that tends to be a bit overzealous about the whole Quebec-born players issue, and which RDS seems to have no qualms catering to.

Also, talking of history of this city and such, why would the Canadiens favor Quebecers when the Habs and the city of Montreal have had an impact much greater than just our province and our people, but on hockey in general, on the foundations of hockey itself? The NHL was born here. Most hockey players in the world know this logo and the legacy it represents. Some of them from across the continent, from other continents, and from our neighbour province, a place that has given us many good players all over those 100 years and the latest one to arrive I might add. The impact is not just on Quebecers, French or English, it goes much further than that.

You don't even need Quebecers on the team for the legacy to remain. It's all right there, in every book about the history of the NHL. The Hall of Fame, filled with the impact of Habs players of all generations.

There probably always will be Quebecers on the Habs, as nature tends to balance itself and trends are what they are; finite in time. One certainty remains, the Habs salvation for any future, starts with habs fans as players, not just simply Quebecers.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
08-22-2010, 01:23 AM
  #115
Not The One
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montréal, Qc.
Posts: 1,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Why is that?

He targeted a segment of the population that is there. He might've been a bit harsh, and exagerated too, but it is there and you can't deny it. He also says that most Quebecers would chose the talent before the name (the Gagné example). Aren't most Quebecers French, non? A lot more than a majority, non? So he's not saying all French people are that way, just that particular RDS crowd that tends to be a bit overzealous about the whole Quebec-born players issue, and which RDS seems to have no qualms catering to.
How is it even possible to have a debate here on this issue if you people keep saying an believing that crap. We want a team with 100% francos, we only care about a player's last name, we always want to draft the Quebec player even if he's not talented...

In other words, you take us (francophone Quebecers) for idiots. For morons. You build yourselves nice little strawmen to tear into and to think yourself superior to the so-called "RDS crowd". What is that anyways?

The fact is that this season for the first time in more than 100 years of their history, the Montreal Canadiens might start a game or two without any Quebec-born player on their roster. The team of the Flying Frenchmen has less "local representation" on their roster than any other team in Canada except for the Canucks.

The also have the only "fans" who are in fact arguing that drafting or trading for local players is a bad thing. I have never seen Flames or Oiler fans arguing against having Albertans on their roster. Ditto for Leafs and Sens for Ontarians, or Canucks fans for BCers. I've never seen any american team's fans arguing against having americans on their team as well.

Not The One is offline  
Old
08-22-2010, 08:41 AM
  #116
nords1995
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ville de Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Why is that?

He targeted a segment of the population that is there. He might've been a bit harsh, and exagerated too, but it is there and you can't deny it. He also says that most Quebecers would chose the talent before the name (the Gagné example). Aren't most Quebecers French, non? A lot more than a majority, non? So he's not saying all French people are that way, just that particular RDS crowd that tends to be a bit overzealous about the whole Quebec-born players issue, and which RDS seems to have no qualms catering to.

Also, talking of history of this city and such, why would the Canadiens favor Quebecers when the Habs and the city of Montreal have had an impact much greater than just our province and our people, but on hockey in general, on the foundations of hockey itself? The NHL was born here. Most hockey players in the world know this logo and the legacy it represents. Some of them from across the continent, from other continents, and from our neighbour province, a place that has given us many good players all over those 100 years and the latest one to arrive I might add. The impact is not just on Quebecers, French or English, it goes much further than that.

You don't even need Quebecers on the team for the legacy to remain. It's all right there, in every book about the history of the NHL. The Hall of Fame, filled with the impact of Habs players of all generations.

There probably always will be Quebecers on the Habs, as nature tends to balance itself and trends are what they are; finite in time. One certainty remains, the Habs salvation for any future, starts with habs fans as players, not just simply Quebecers.
Simplement de trouver qu'une équipe a Montréal sans francophone est normale m'en dit long sur le respect que vous portez aux francophones.

Par ailleurs mes propos ne touchent pas le fondement du Canadien, ni sa capacité a sélectionner des joueurs francophones, ils étaient dirigés a l'endroit d'un propos fait par un blogueur qui a un mépris et une incompréhension d'une réalité d'une partie de la population du Québec.

De simplement penser que le tout se résume a Gagné / Cammelari est une vision restrictive de ce que j'ai énoncé.

De plus, faire abstraction des propos de moutons suiveux dans votre argumentaire m'en dit long sur votre volonté de comprendre le mépris que ce blogueur hypocritement, comme bien d'autres a voulu laisser sous-entendre concernant les partisans francophones du Canadiens.

Historiquement, Maurice Richard, Guy Lafleur, Jean Béliveau, Patrick Roy et les autres ont probablement été pour ce blogueur qui défini ces joueurs francophones comme des suiveux et non pas comme des glorieux.

Et j'ajouterais, Bob Gainey, Larry Robinson ont été des joueurs qui ont tracés la voie de ce que le respect d'une communauté représentait. Mais le souvenir de certains sert bien leur ignorance.

Ignorer cela est ignorer ce qu'est Montreal. Le poumons d'une province, d'une métropole ayant comme particularité une dualité linguistique. D'ignorer le souhait d'une base partisane composée de plus de 75 % d'une collectivité et par surcroit de la traiter de mouton suiveux est irrespectueux.

Mon commentaire n'est pas en lien avec le hockey.

Et avec tout le respect, je n'ai que recommander a ce blogueur de sortir de son ile... et d'élargir ses horizons.

nords1995 is offline  
Old
08-22-2010, 01:44 PM
  #117
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
The Florida Panthers, the Coyotes, Nashville or the Isles are 4 of the teams that could end up in Quebec City, Winnipeg and Hamilton -or Londont Ont.

CanadienErrant* is offline  
Old
08-22-2010, 02:41 PM
  #118
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nords1995 View Post
Simplement de trouver qu'une équipe a Montréal sans francophone est normale m'en dit long sur le respect que vous portez aux francophones.

Par ailleurs mes propos ne touchent pas le fondement du Canadien, ni sa capacité a sélectionner des joueurs francophones, ils étaient dirigés a l'endroit d'un propos fait par un blogueur qui a un mépris et une incompréhension d'une réalité d'une partie de la population du Québec.

De simplement penser que le tout se résume a Gagné / Cammelari est une vision restrictive de ce que j'ai énoncé.

De plus, faire abstraction des propos de moutons suiveux dans votre argumentaire m'en dit long sur votre volonté de comprendre le mépris que ce blogueur hypocritement, comme bien d'autres a voulu laisser sous-entendre concernant les partisans francophones du Canadiens.

Historiquement, Maurice Richard, Guy Lafleur, Jean Béliveau, Patrick Roy et les autres ont probablement été pour ce blogueur qui défini ces joueurs francophones comme des suiveux et non pas comme des glorieux.

Et j'ajouterais, Bob Gainey, Larry Robinson ont été des joueurs qui ont tracés la voie de ce que le respect d'une communauté représentait. Mais le souvenir de certains sert bien leur ignorance.

Ignorer cela est ignorer ce qu'est Montreal. Le poumons d'une province, d'une métropole ayant comme particularité une dualité linguistique. D'ignorer le souhait d'une base partisane composée de plus de 75 % d'une collectivité et par surcroit de la traiter de mouton suiveux est irrespectueux.

Mon commentaire n'est pas en lien avec le hockey.

Et avec tout le respect, je n'ai que recommander a ce blogueur de sortir de son ile... et d'élargir ses horizons.
Belle histoire, frere.

CareyClutch is offline  
Old
08-22-2010, 09:00 PM
  #119
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
How is it even possible to have a debate here on this issue if you people keep saying an believing that crap. We want a team with 100% francos, we only care about a player's last name, we always want to draft the Quebec player even if he's not talented...

In other words, you take us (francophone Quebecers) for idiots. For morons. You build yourselves nice little strawmen to tear into and to think yourself superior to the so-called "RDS crowd". What is that anyways?

The fact is that this season for the first time in more than 100 years of their history, the Montreal Canadiens might start a game or two without any Quebec-born player on their roster. The team of the Flying Frenchmen has less "local representation" on their roster than any other team in Canada except for the Canucks.

Ben oui je traite tout les Québécois Francophone d'idiots et de morons. Dois-je m'inclure là-dedans?

A strawman argument is not something you can see with your own eyes. If you spend awhile on the RDS forums, you'll get what I mean. If you read their articles, you will see that they cater to this segment of the Habs fans.

The one creating a strawman argument is you, by supposing I'm English, when I'm actually both. Evenmoreso, I have more French blood in my ancestry. My main English ancestry is Irish, the same as more than 1/3 of the entire province...

You are offended by such debates as you share some of that crowd's beliefs.

Je suis Canadien français et je me sacre pas mal du nombres de Québécois dans l'équipe et j'ai même élaboré sur les raisons qui me poussent à ne pas m'en faire plus qu'y faut avec ça. Mais ÇA, tu l'as complètement laisser de côté, comme le reste de mes arguments.

Quote:
The also have the only "fans" who are in fact arguing that drafting or trading for local players is a bad thing. I have never seen Flames or Oiler fans arguing against having Albertans on their roster. Ditto for Leafs and Sens for Ontarians, or Canucks fans for BCers. I've never seen any american team's fans arguing against having americans on their team as well.
Yeah, why not flip it around also? Did you see Albertans cry out loud over the fact that Phaneuf was traded? Do you ever read people from BC, Alberta, Ontario and such, complain about the lack of representation they have on their club? No. Because their team is not a lynchpin for all their nationalistic, political and cultural aspirations.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nords1995 View Post
Simplement de trouver qu'une équipe a Montréal sans francophone est normale m'en dit long sur le respect que vous portez aux francophones.
Hey arrête ton grand martyr. Je suis francophone, et ton penchant à systématiquement crier à la 'haine' envers les francophones m'en dit long sur ton manque de compréhension des enjeux du débat, m'en dit long sur ton incapacité à bien comprendre l'anglais.

Quote:
Par ailleurs mes propos ne touchent pas le fondement du Canadien, ni sa capacité a sélectionner des joueurs francophones, ils étaient dirigés a l'endroit d'un propos fait par un blogueur qui a un mépris et une incompréhension d'une réalité d'une partie de la population du Québec.
Do you actually re-read yourself? Or maybe you have a hard time understanding English, or lack the necessary skills to debate properly? I'm saying this as you are the one who responded to him by talking of the historical significance of the Habs. I elaborated on that half-truth you were trying to push. The Habs are not the property of French Quebecers only. How many English folks do you see whining about the lack of English Quebecers on the team? I NEVER see any of them, and I'm here on this comment board often.

En passant, c'est pas un blogue ici, mais un forum.

Et de plus tu parles haut et grand de respect envers les francophones, mais tu réalises même pas que tu fais pire en écrivant dans la langue de Molière à un endroit où la majorité des gens ont l'anglais comme première langue, un forum dont les règles sont claires, où l'on doit parler en anglais en tout temps. Si les gens ici respectent si peu les francophones, comment se fait-il que personne c'est offusqué de ton usage excessif du Français??

Quote:
De simplement penser que le tout se résume a Gagné / Cammelari est une vision restrictive de ce que j'ai énoncé.
C'est un exemple. Mais c'est certain que tu vas éviter de prendre celle-ci à juste compte.

Quote:
De plus, faire abstraction des propos de moutons suiveux dans votre argumentaire m'en dit long sur votre volonté de comprendre le mépris que ce blogueur hypocritement, comme bien d'autres a voulu laisser sous-entendre concernant les partisans francophones du Canadiens.
Laisse faire. Tu as monter sur tes grands chevaux à propos de quelques chose que même les francophone sur ce présent forum (et ils sont nombreux) sont d'accord, pour la plupart. Et c'est là ta plus grande erreur. De croire que la plupart des gens ici sont 1- anglais et 2- ont un mépris des francophones. C'est quoi le prochaine argument du grand martyr? Que tout ces francophones qui sont ici et qui ne partagent pas tes croyances sont des "self-hating Frenchies"??? Un peu comme ces juifs qui questionnent l'état d'Israel et leurs actions et qui se font nommer "self-hating Jews"?

En passant, on dit "argumentation", et non "argumentaire"

Quote:
Historiquement, Maurice Richard, Guy Lafleur, Jean Béliveau, Patrick Roy et les autres ont probablement été pour ce blogueur qui défini ces joueurs francophones comme des suiveux et non pas comme des glorieux.
Nice Strawman. The poster named 'Not the one' should read that. It's a perfect strawman.

Again, I have to state the obvious. No one denies the French heritage of the Habs. Only insecure nationalistic fools would pretend that.

C'est toi, en fait, qui laisse complèment de côté une grande partie de l'héritage du CH, celle laisser par les non-francophones. Les Canadiens ne sont pas le flambeau pour la fierté francophone. Le CH a été utilisé ainsi il y a très longtemps, et encore là, c'est loin d'être la chose qui défini le CH. Ce qui défini le CH et Montréal, est cette symbiose de francophones et d'anglophones, alors pourquoi si peu d'anglophones s'inquiète du fait que les CH ont peu de Québécois. La réponse est simple. Pour eux, comme pour plusieurs francophones, moi inclus, le CH est la plus grande équipe de l'histoire du hockey. Pour d'autres, le CH est un vaisseau qui permet de propager le fierté Québécoise. Ces derniers sont dans le champs et sont ceux qu'ils visait dans son commentaire.

What I find a lack of respect, is the entitlement you and others have over the Habs. As if we French have a bigger stake in the team, which is untrue.

You can deny all you want, but I've read my share of stupid people on RDS.

Quote:
Et j'ajouterais, Bob Gainey, Larry Robinson ont été des joueurs qui ont tracés la voie de ce que le respect d'une communauté représentait. Mais le souvenir de certains sert bien leur ignorance.
Bon, encore le respect. Ça doit être à cause d'un manque de respect de la part des amateurs anglophones et des dirigeants du CH, qui crée la manque de Québécois dans cette ligue en entier (et non seulement le CH), et non un système de développement inadéquat au niveau provinciale... C'est de la faute des anglos si les Québécois sont de moins en moins repêché dans la LNH, right?

Que penses-tu des joueurs comme Vincent Lecavalier, Martin St-Louis et Daniel Brière, qui sont, arguably, les meilleurs joueurs Québécois dans cette ligue? Sur RDS, ils sont vu comme des héros, par la plupart des usagers et pourtant, ils semblent se foutent carrément de vos aspirations nationalistes, de cette fierté Québécoise. Et c'est là que l'on voit l'hypocrisie de ce segment d'amateurs du CH. Faut blamé le CH, mais jamais ces fabuleux joueurs Québécois qui ne sont pas intéressé outre mesure de venir jouer ici. Elle est où cette fierté?

Pourquoi la plupart des intervenants sur RDS, qu'ils soient employés ou simple blogueurs, parle rarement de ces joueurs Québécois qui refusent de venir jouer pour le CH, mais dès qu'un joueur marginale Québécois est envoyer ailleurs, le CH recoit leurs insultes les plus salés? Ça c'est de l'hypocrisie.

Quote:
Ignorer cela est ignorer ce qu'est Montreal. Le poumons d'une province, d'une métropole ayant comme particularité une dualité linguistique. D'ignorer le souhait d'une base partisane composée de plus de 75 % d'une collectivité et par surcroit de la traiter de mouton suiveux est irrespectueux.
Tu répetes encore tes mensonges. Il n'a pas viser la communauté de francopohnes en entier. Arrête de prendre les gens pour des caves. Je t'ai même prouver, par ses propres propos, qu'il visait un segment de la population, pas la majorité, alors qu'il a très bien stipuler que la majorité des gens choisirais le talent avant le nom.

Si tu es incapable de bien comprendre ses propos, si tu es incapable de les prendre à juste valeur plutôt que de leur donner la saveur que tu veux leur coller, et bien tu ferais mieux d'aller voir ailleurs, parce que tu as pas fini de me voir répondre à tes absurdités.

Aussi, je crois que tu es celui qui ne comprends pas ce qu'est Montréal, et peut-être devrais-tu sortir de chez toi un peu plus. Les partisants du CH de nos jours, sont issue de plusieurs nationalités, dont plusieurs ont l'anglais ou le français comme seconde langue, et non comme première langue. Et ils sont nombreux et se foutent éperdument d'où un joueur vient, ils ont a coeur qu'une seule chose : que les joueurs aillent le CH tatouer sur le coeur, et de nos jours, tu n'as pas besoin d'être né ici pour être comme ça. L'équipe de hockey la plus prestigieuse et la plus connu au monde. C'est ÇA l'héritage du CH.

Quote:
Mon commentaire n'est pas en lien avec le hockey.

Et avec tout le respect, je n'ai que recommander a ce blogueur de sortir de son ile... et d'élargir ses horizons.
Et moi je te recommande d'aller prendre des cours d'anglais, ça pourrait t'aider à mieux comprendre, et aussi, d'arrêté de faire l'hypocrite en parlant de respect, alors que tu ne respectes même pas une règle de base de ce forum, une règle qui a tout à avoir avec tes propos, soit le respect d'un communauté.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
08-22-2010, 10:45 PM
  #120
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Is there even a single quebecer playing for the Panthers? Lecavalier, St. Louis and Gagne are stars in Quebec. If Tampa does good they will have a LOT of fans from Quebec, the Nordique crowd will be delighted and the Lightning would be second team of a number of Habs fans.
Nobody goes from Hollywood to Tampa for a hockey game. You would have to come back at 3 AM.

Have you been to those areas? I have, often. I repeat: there are practically no francos in the Tampa area. It is an area loved by ontarian snowbirds. The francos have their communities in the south of Florida.

These were NOT moves to please the snowbirds. It is a ridiculous assumption.

deandebean is offline  
Old
08-22-2010, 11:32 PM
  #121
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,590
vCash: 500
What the hell does it change for a fan if a team signs a group of players that speaks the same language?

How on earth will more Quebecers follow Tampa now just because have their team is french? Do you actually watch the game for the players' nationality? Do you plan on having a conversation with them? Do you feel when he is scoring a goal, he is scoring a goal for all the french people out there? I don't get it..

If Montreal was to get an NBA team, I wouldn't follow them because I'm not really a fan of basketball. And if all the players are french, it wouldn't change a thing. Actually, there's more chance I would follow them if they manage to get Kobe or Lebron..

Only in Montreal is the language such a big deal.. You don't see Tampa complain that their team is filled with french speaking players.. Why do we have to complain when our team doesn't have enough of them?

One Trick Pony is offline  
Old
08-23-2010, 12:20 AM
  #122
nords1995
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ville de Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Ben oui je traite tout les Québécois Francophone d'idiots et de morons. Dois-je m'inclure là-dedans?

A strawman argument is not something you can see with your own eyes. If you spend awhile on the RDS forums, you'll get what I mean. If you read their articles, you will see that they cater to this segment of the Habs fans.

The one creating a strawman argument is you, by supposing I'm English, when I'm actually both. Evenmoreso, I have more French blood in my ancestry. My main English ancestry is Irish, the same as more than 1/3 of the entire province...



You are offended by such debates as you share some of that crowd's beliefs.

Je suis Canadien français et je me sacre pas mal du nombres de Québécois dans l'équipe et j'ai même élaboré sur les raisons qui me poussent à ne pas m'en faire plus qu'y faut avec ça. Mais ÇA, tu l'as complètement laisser de côté, comme le reste de mes arguments.



Yeah, why not flip it around also? Did you see Albertans cry out loud over the fact that Phaneuf was traded? Do you ever read people from BC, Alberta, Ontario and such, complain about the lack of representation they have on their club? No. Because their team is not a lynchpin for all their nationalistic, political and cultural aspirations.




Hey arrête ton grand martyr. Je suis francophone, et ton penchant à systématiquement crier à la 'haine' envers les francophones m'en dit long sur ton manque de compréhension des enjeux du débat, m'en dit long sur ton incapacité à bien comprendre l'anglais.



Do you actually re-read yourself? Or maybe you have a hard time understanding English, or lack the necessary skills to debate properly? I'm saying this as you are the one who responded to him by talking of the historical significance of the Habs. I elaborated on that half-truth you were trying to push. The Habs are not the property of French Quebecers only. How many English folks do you see whining about the lack of English Quebecers on the team? I NEVER see any of them, and I'm here on this comment board often.

En passant, c'est pas un blogue ici, mais un forum.

Et de plus tu parles haut et grand de respect envers les francophones, mais tu réalises même pas que tu fais pire en écrivant dans la langue de Molière à un endroit où la majorité des gens ont l'anglais comme première langue, un forum dont les règles sont claires, où l'on doit parler en anglais en tout temps. Si les gens ici respectent si peu les francophones, comment se fait-il que personne c'est offusqué de ton usage excessif du Français??



C'est un exemple. Mais c'est certain que tu vas éviter de prendre celle-ci à juste compte.



Laisse faire. Tu as monter sur tes grands chevaux à propos de quelques chose que même les francophone sur ce présent forum (et ils sont nombreux) sont d'accord, pour la plupart. Et c'est là ta plus grande erreur. De croire que la plupart des gens ici sont 1- anglais et 2- ont un mépris des francophones. C'est quoi le prochaine argument du grand martyr? Que tout ces francophones qui sont ici et qui ne partagent pas tes croyances sont des "self-hating Frenchies"??? Un peu comme ces juifs qui questionnent l'état d'Israel et leurs actions et qui se font nommer "self-hating Jews"?

En passant, on dit "argumentation", et non "argumentaire"



Nice Strawman. The poster named 'Not the one' should read that. It's a perfect strawman.

Again, I have to state the obvious. No one denies the French heritage of the Habs. Only insecure nationalistic fools would pretend that.

C'est toi, en fait, qui laisse complèment de côté une grande partie de l'héritage du CH, celle laisser par les non-francophones. Les Canadiens ne sont pas le flambeau pour la fierté francophone. Le CH a été utilisé ainsi il y a très longtemps, et encore là, c'est loin d'être la chose qui défini le CH. Ce qui défini le CH et Montréal, est cette symbiose de francophones et d'anglophones, alors pourquoi si peu d'anglophones s'inquiète du fait que les CH ont peu de Québécois. La réponse est simple. Pour eux, comme pour plusieurs francophones, moi inclus, le CH est la plus grande équipe de l'histoire du hockey. Pour d'autres, le CH est un vaisseau qui permet de propager le fierté Québécoise. Ces derniers sont dans le champs et sont ceux qu'ils visait dans son commentaire.

What I find a lack of respect, is the entitlement you and others have over the Habs. As if we French have a bigger stake in the team, which is untrue.

You can deny all you want, but I've read my share of stupid people on RDS.



Bon, encore le respect. Ça doit être à cause d'un manque de respect de la part des amateurs anglophones et des dirigeants du CH, qui crée la manque de Québécois dans cette ligue en entier (et non seulement le CH), et non un système de développement inadéquat au niveau provinciale... C'est de la faute des anglos si les Québécois sont de moins en moins repêché dans la LNH, right?

Que penses-tu des joueurs comme Vincent Lecavalier, Martin St-Louis et Daniel Brière, qui sont, arguably, les meilleurs joueurs Québécois dans cette ligue? Sur RDS, ils sont vu comme des héros, par la plupart des usagers et pourtant, ils semblent se foutent carrément de vos aspirations nationalistes, de cette fierté Québécoise. Et c'est là que l'on voit l'hypocrisie de ce segment d'amateurs du CH. Faut blamé le CH, mais jamais ces fabuleux joueurs Québécois qui ne sont pas intéressé outre mesure de venir jouer ici. Elle est où cette fierté?

Pourquoi la plupart des intervenants sur RDS, qu'ils soient employés ou simple blogueurs, parle rarement de ces joueurs Québécois qui refusent de venir jouer pour le CH, mais dès qu'un joueur marginale Québécois est envoyer ailleurs, le CH recoit leurs insultes les plus salés? Ça c'est de l'hypocrisie.



Tu répetes encore tes mensonges. Il n'a pas viser la communauté de francopohnes en entier. Arrête de prendre les gens pour des caves. Je t'ai même prouver, par ses propres propos, qu'il visait un segment de la population, pas la majorité, alors qu'il a très bien stipuler que la majorité des gens choisirais le talent avant le nom.

Si tu es incapable de bien comprendre ses propos, si tu es incapable de les prendre à juste valeur plutôt que de leur donner la saveur que tu veux leur coller, et bien tu ferais mieux d'aller voir ailleurs, parce que tu as pas fini de me voir répondre à tes absurdités.

Aussi, je crois que tu es celui qui ne comprends pas ce qu'est Montréal, et peut-être devrais-tu sortir de chez toi un peu plus. Les partisants du CH de nos jours, sont issue de plusieurs nationalités, dont plusieurs ont l'anglais ou le français comme seconde langue, et non comme première langue. Et ils sont nombreux et se foutent éperdument d'où un joueur vient, ils ont a coeur qu'une seule chose : que les joueurs aillent le CH tatouer sur le coeur, et de nos jours, tu n'as pas besoin d'être né ici pour être comme ça. L'équipe de hockey la plus prestigieuse et la plus connu au monde. C'est ÇA l'héritage du CH.



Et moi je te recommande d'aller prendre des cours d'anglais, ça pourrait t'aider à mieux comprendre, et aussi, d'arrêté de faire l'hypocrite en parlant de respect, alors que tu ne respectes même pas une règle de base de ce forum, une règle qui a tout à avoir avec tes propos, soit le respect d'un communauté.
Wow....

Tu as pris surement la journée pour écrire des inepties semblables.....

Prends un grand respire, la vie est belle. Si tu es francophone, t'es pas obliger de t'insulter comme tu le fais pour faire valoir ton point..

Bonne saison

nords1995 is offline  
Old
08-23-2010, 12:24 AM
  #123
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
So, we can post in french now?

CareyClutch is offline  
Old
08-23-2010, 02:14 AM
  #124
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nords1995 View Post
Wow....

Tu as pris surement la journée pour écrire des inepties semblables.....

Prends un grand respire, la vie est belle. Si tu es francophone, t'es pas obliger de t'insulter comme tu le fais pour faire valoir ton point..

Bonne saison
Ça m'a prit 30 minutes, au gros max. On peut toujours voir quelqu'un qui essaye de se sauver la face en s'attaquant à l'autre personne, n'essayant même pas de contré les arguments amenés.

C'est facile de donner quelconque adjectif à des propos. I can say that yours are pedantic, trite, assinine, retarded, idiotic and quite outdated. Facile, non?

Beaucoup plus dure d'admettre quand on a tord, cependant. Ahem.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
08-23-2010, 02:20 AM
  #125
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nords1995 View Post
Wow....

Tu as pris surement la journée pour écrire des inepties semblables.....

Prends un grand respire, la vie est belle. Si tu es francophone, t'es pas obliger de t'insulter comme tu le fais pour faire valoir ton point..

Bonne saison
Hey nords1995 look at the your mighty french language protectors: the nordiques lineup in 1994-1995 had only 4 quebecers that played 20 games or more. Stop whining about the habs the Nords were in the same boat in that aspect.

Forsead is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.