Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Moose want Frk! IIHF says no..

Old
08-23-2010, 07:27 AM
mapes

vCash: 500
Moose want Frk! IIHF says no..

Quote:
The Halifax Mooseheads are reviewing their options after the International Ice Hockey Federation denied their transfer of Martin Frk from the Czech Republic Friday.

The IIHF ruled the third overall pick in the Canadian Hockey League import draft has a valid and binding contract with HC Karlovy Vary, making it increasingly less likely Frk will ever play for the Mooseheads.

“The player and his family want him to be playing in Halifax,” Smith said.
Read the whole article here..

http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/spor...s-frk-transfer

For those who don't know, Frk is supposed to be battling for the first overall pick in 2012 in the NHL and Moose drafted him 3rd overall in the Import draft. Me, as a Moose fan, I'm pissed but understand. I really hope we can get a buyout agreement because him with Ciampini for scoring threats and Terenzio in nets would be money. This is a bit of a pissoff to read first thing in the morning..

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 08:15 AM
Default101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Read the whole article here..

http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/spor...s-frk-transfer

For those who don't know, Frk is supposed to be battling for the first overall pick in 2012 in the NHL and Moose drafted him 3rd overall in the Import draft. Me, as a Moose fan, I'm pissed but understand. I really hope we can get a buyout agreement because him with Ciampini for scoring threats and Terenzio in nets would be money. This is a bit of a pissoff to read first thing in the morning..
It's a double edge sword. I personally feel very young players, and their families in European countries are pressured, or manipulated into signing semi long-term contracts in order to play at a high enough level to get the proper exposure. Why else would so many players try to fight their contract to leave and play in North America. On the other side a legal contract is a legal contract. Hopefully Halifax can work out a buyout agreement. I would hope that if a few of these players refused to play that may make teams more willing to accept a buyout deal, but not sure if there are any serious laws against them doing something like that.

Default101 is offline   Reply With Quote