HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Leblanc signs entry-level contract + will play in the Q

Old
08-23-2010, 09:47 AM
ScopeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
If Leblanc could be a Ryan Kesler type of player, that would be already awesome.
I just don't see him having the same physical impact on a game that guys like Richards and Kesler have; hence the Giroux comparison - a guy who is not a physical 'game breaker' but is able to throw the odd hit and elevate his game even when it gets physical.

ScopeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 11:17 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
I just don't see him having the same physical impact on a game that guys like Richards and Kesler have; hence the Giroux comparison - a guy who is not a physical 'game breaker' but is able to throw the odd hit and elevate his game even when it gets physical.
I don't know if he'll be much of a hitter as he has such a slender frame but he will take the body. What I like about his physical game is his compete level, he wants the puck and will go to the dirty areas to get it and often come away with the puck, but he also will carry the puck into the heavy traffic areas to score. I think he would work well in a system with an aggressive forecheck.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 11:26 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I don't know if he'll be much of a hitter as he has such a slender frame but he will take the body. What I like about his physical game is his compete level, he wants the puck and will go to the dirty areas to get it and often come away with the puck, but he also will carry the puck into the heavy traffic areas to score. I think he would work well in a system with an aggressive forecheck.
Same here, I think being physically overwhelming is not exactly whats needed to be such a physical player, its how bad you want it. If he wants it bad enough he could be a very dangerous player.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 11:33 AM
deandebean

Claude Giroux wasn't very physical as a junior player. He was a crafty, sly player. Not even close to being very agressive as a forward. I saw Claude play for some time in Gatineau. And I saw Leblanc play with his midget AAA team. They are not the same type.

Leblanc DRIVES the net. If he hasn't changed his style, he's like a MANIAC going forward to the net. He drives the net as if his life depended on it. That's the best description I can make of him.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Same here, I think being physically overwhelming is not exactly whats needed to be such a physical player, its how bad you want it. If he wants it bad enough he could be a very dangerous player.
Yes exactly. People put too much emphasis on hitting = physical...or size = physical.

I'd toughness, skill and heart before size and physicality. Example...Artyukhin has all the size and physical play in the world, but he has no heart and no toughness needed to succeed in the nhl.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
He'll be bigger than Giroux or Richards, he's already 6'1" 185lbs at 19, he should fill out to 195-200lbs in 2-4 years.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Not that slender, he's now 6'1" 185lbs at 19...he should add another 10-15lbs by full physical maturation.

Old
08-23-2010, 01:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Not that slender, he's now 6'1" 185lbs at 19...he should add another 10-15lbs by full physical maturation.
Where did you see this? Cause they listed him at 5'11.5 181 at Team Canada's U-20 camp.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=25623

When I saw him at Havard he looked tall and very skinny, looks like he needs to fill out his lower body as well.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 02:13 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Anyone here from the Terrebonne area ?

Leblanc is expected to play saturday night againts Shawinigan at the forum de la plaine

http://www.larevue.qc.ca/sports_loui...nne-n18669.php

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Where did you see this? Cause they listed him at 5'11.5 181 at Team Canada's U-20 camp.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=25623

When I saw him at Havard he looked tall and very skinny, looks like he needs to fill out his lower body as well.
I think it was either for the Habs prospect camp or in the paper when he signed with Montreal(QMJHL).

Old
08-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Mue

Quote:
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=535234

Quote:
As a freshman with the Ivy League team, the 6’1’’ and 184 lbs centreman...
Who knows if it is accurate or not.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
Anyone here from the Terrebonne area ?

Leblanc is expected to play saturday night againts Shawinigan at the forum de la plaine

http://www.larevue.qc.ca/sports_loui...nne-n18669.php
I'm close. But probably won't be able to attend unfortunately.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote