HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Forum Lineup Thread - Final Roster

Old
08-23-2010, 02:39 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Rangers Forum Lineup Thread - Final Roster

Alexander Frolov (51.49%) - Erik Christensen (54.08%) - Marian Gaborik (100%)
Brandon Dubinsky (80.33%) - Artem Anisimov (67.16%) - Mats Zuccarello-Aasen (68.57%)
Vinny Prospal (75.93%) - Chris Drury (90.20%) - Ryan Callahan (98.51%)
Sean Avery (53.41%) - Todd White (51.22%) - Brandon Prust (87.18%)
Derek Boogaard (91.43%)

Marc Staal (100%) - Michal Rozsival (52.31%)
Michael Del Zotto (87.18%) - Dan Girardi (97.44%)
Ryan McDonagh (82.61%) - Matt Gilroy (71.43%)
Steve Eminger (94.55%)

Henrik Lundqvist (100%)
Martin Biron (100%)

Thoughts?

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 03:57 AM
Garfinkel1

Potentially a 5 seed. A lot of question marks though.

Will Frolov mesh with EC/Gabby
Will MZA show us size isn't that important anymore in the NHL
Did Dubi/AA take it to the next level

Can Staal continue to progress
Will Rozi play like he did at the end of the season or like he start/middle
Will Gilroy/MDZ take it to the next level

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 04:55 AM
ChrisModem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Brandon Dubinsky (80.33%) - Artem Anisimov (67.16%) - Mats Zuccarello-Aasen (68.57%)
Derek Boogaard (91.43%)

Steve Eminger (94.55%)

Henrik Lundqvist (100%)
Martin Biron (100%)

Thoughts?
Probably the most ideal opening roster. I can see Weise perhaps making it hard to be ignored but I can only see him taking a spot from a player like say Avery or Prust. I would like to see McD get plenty of ice time in the pro game so perhaps Hartford for him although many say he is NHL ready. I can see Sather Trading Rozi with one year left on his contract and moving McD up next year into the second pairing. I know Harford could us the top class D this year.

I really hope that MZA performs as a top 6, because I would love to see a few shifts of:
MZA - EC - Gabs
Dubi - AA - Frolov

AA works well with power forward type players and they could really open the ice up for him. It would be so hard to get the puck away from that line because they all protect it really well. I also think the skill level of that top line could be sick!

ChrisModem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 05:47 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Even though I mostly agree with the lineup I think the 4th line and 3rd D pairing are unrealistic. Boyle WILL start on the roster over White, (maybe that will change later) and it's rather unlikely that McDonagh beats out Redden at this point in time. Can anyone really see Torts having any faith in a McD-Gilroy pairing for any length of time?

For opening night at least, my prediction will be:
Boogaard-Boyle-Prust, ex: Avery
and Redden-Eminger, ex: Gilroy

Carlos Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 06:02 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shat Scar View Post
Even though I mostly agree with the lineup I think the 4th line and 3rd D pairing are unrealistic. Boyle WILL start on the roster over White, (maybe that will change later) and it's rather unlikely that McDonagh beats out Redden at this point in time. Can anyone really see Torts having any faith in a McD-Gilroy pairing for any length of time?

Assuming Staal signs for four million or more, we can't keep Redden on the Roster without making any other moves.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 06:48 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:

Redden has to go once Staal re-signed to the expected $4 to $4.5 million contract. Not to mention if White excel's in camp and beat out boyle, there is no way to keep his contract on the roster, unless another larger contract is moved.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 07:32 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Derek Boogaard (91.43%)

Steve Eminger (94.55%)

Henrik Lundqvist (100%)
Martin Biron (100%)

Thoughts?
That's a real good lineup...

However, I just can't see Prospal on the third line... He has
to be on the top 6....

I still believe Drury with his experience should be the #2 center.. He is a veteran in the NHL and can still produce 50 points or more if he is centering the 2nd line...

AA is still young... Let him center the 3rd line with Callahan and etc..

If a team has Sean Avery and Todd White on the 4th line.. This shows this team has some serious depth which is a good thing

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 08:11 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

I think there is perhaps a 10% chance that Christensen is on the top line. I more likely think that he sees the pressbox. He is just too inconsistent, and will ride the pine once he takes too many shifts off which has been his modus vivendi during his NHL career. Perhaps Prospal slots onto the top line, but I still maintain that Todd White is a major upgrade on anyone the rangers can plug into that spot.

Redden cannot make the team unless another salary is cut. So while it is possible The WADE will make the club, that means that another salary is out the door. After hearing Torts speak about the WADE in his interview he clearly said that redden was given ample chance to earn his stripes and he didn't make it. He said so in the exit interview. The writing is on the wall. He had his chance and didn't do anything with it, not enough to warrant slats contract anyway ...

I also think Avery is on thin ice too. NY could use even more salary squeeze room and to light a fire under Sean by starting him in the minors would really get him going. That would also allow NY to find a spot for a kid such as Weise. I believe Avery's contract is 1.9 million which is a significant cap hit.

Drury and Anisimov probably switch lines, due to AA's solid defense and need for physical linemates which he himself said he needed. Callahan is just what the doctor ordered for AA's game to take another step forward. Perhaps by the all star game AA can move up to the 2nd line. After hopefully Drury is traded to a contender.

I am hoping Gilroy brings a snarl because his game really needs a physical aspect.

I also believe that Boyle gets the 4th line center job, but only keeps it if he brings the sandpaper, the facewash and the forecheck. NY so desperately needs a guy like him to finish his checks.

finally my wish is that MZA makes the 2nd line and clicks on the PP. NY really needs a forward willing to shoot the frickin puck, no more patty cake perfect shot nonsense. Snap it on net, with someone in front and look for the ugly goal. Drury excels at that. Put Drury, Dubinsky and MZA out there...

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 08:21 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

shaky. at best.

top 6 is average. defense is thin on top end talent and lacking snarl.

even strength is where were gonna suffer due to our lack of size.

depends on the powerplay and pk. if both are top 10, we can compete for playoff spot.

if not, its gonna be an agonizing season.

Last edited by offdacrossbar: 08-23-2010 at 08:26 AM.
offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Redden has to go once Staal re-signed to the expected $4 to $4.5 million contract. Not to mention if White excel's in camp and beat out boyle, there is no way to keep his contract on the roster, unless another larger contract is moved.
It's manageable with a 21 man roster if Gilroy is demoted instead of being scratched.

Alexander Frolov ($3.000m) / Erik Christensen ($0.925m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($1.850m) / Artem Anisimov ($0.821m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Vaclav Prospal ($2.100m) / Chris Drury ($7.050m) / Ryan Callahan ($2.300m)
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Brian Boyle ($0.525m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
Derek Boogaard ($1.625m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($4.000m) / Michal Rozsival ($5.000m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Wade Redden ($6.500m) / Steve Eminger ($1.125m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) /Martin Biron ($0.875m)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,971,667; BONUSES: $2,162,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $590,833

Carlos Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Vitto79

I would think Boyle is kept on the roster if this is the team going into the year. So that's 2 spare Forwards

I also think Prust is going to play some 4th line C and Boogaard is going to be in the lineup most games. They got him for a reason.

As time goes on if they can hang in there I want them to deal for a top C like Brad Richards but that's at the deadline

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 09:49 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

We're going to need good luck making the playoffs w Christensen as our #1 center & without a veteran presence next to McDonagh.

Frolov-Prospal-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Aasen
Christensen-Drury-Callahan
Avery-White-Prust

^That may get you around 7th seed

Last edited by hpNYR: 08-23-2010 at 09:54 AM.
hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 09:50 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Oh, and the defensive pairings. I'm almost certain Staal and Girardi play together while Rozsival and Del Zotto are the other pair.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 09:58 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
I think there is perhaps a 10% chance that Christensen is on the top line. I more likely think that he sees the pressbox. He is just too inconsistent, and will ride the pine once he takes too many shifts off which has been his modus vivendi during his NHL career. Perhaps Prospal slots onto the top line, but I still maintain that Todd White is a major upgrade on anyone the rangers can plug into that spot.

Redden cannot make the team unless another salary is cut. So while it is possible The WADE will make the club, that means that another salary is out the door. After hearing Torts speak about the WADE in his interview he clearly said that redden was given ample chance to earn his stripes and he didn't make it. He said so in the exit interview. The writing is on the wall. He had his chance and didn't do anything with it, not enough to warrant slats contract anyway ...

I also think Avery is on thin ice too. NY could use even more salary squeeze room and to light a fire under Sean by starting him in the minors would really get him going. That would also allow NY to find a spot for a kid such as Weise. I believe Avery's contract is 1.9 million which is a significant cap hit.

Drury and Anisimov probably switch lines, due to AA's solid defense and need for physical linemates which he himself said he needed. Callahan is just what the doctor ordered for AA's game to take another step forward. Perhaps by the all star game AA can move up to the 2nd line. After hopefully Drury is traded to a contender.

I am hoping Gilroy brings a snarl because his game really needs a physical aspect.

I also believe that Boyle gets the 4th line center job, but only keeps it if he brings the sandpaper, the facewash and the forecheck. NY so desperately needs a guy like him to finish his checks.

finally my wish is that MZA makes the 2nd line and clicks on the PP. NY really needs a forward willing to shoot the frickin puck, no more patty cake perfect shot nonsense. Snap it on net, with someone in front and look for the ugly goal. Drury excels at that. Put Drury, Dubinsky and MZA out there...
Christensen deserves way more of a chance than Gilroy. I'm not sure why you're so negative on Christensen, when he actually showed he has talent and potential, and then always seem to be talking positive about Gilroy. You hope he brings snarl? Yeah, I hope he learns not to play like a girl, gained about twenty pounds of muscle, and learned how to get a shot through to the net from the blue line. Chances are, that's not going to happen though.

Gilroy should be in Hartford long before Christensen should be in the press box.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 08-23-2010 at 11:22 PM.
ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 10:33 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
I'd say at highest we're a 5th seed with that roster, and at lowest an 11th. I think the 7th or 8th seed is most reasonable though. I'm just hoping it's anything but 9th again... Worst spot to finish in.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 10:39 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Anyone interesting in reading a novel? lol

While I still think we'll struggle to score goals and battle inconsistency problems - I do think we are an improved team and I'm a little more excited going into this season then how it ended last year. In fact I wasn't excited at all down the stretch - I was quite disenchanted until the last week when I came around only to have my heart ripped out of my chest again in that Philly shootout.

But thats the past. I'm gonna try my best to keep hope alive (as I do each year) going into this year because I do think they are a better club and have a little more depth. Mainly because guys like Anisimov, Del Zotto and Gilroy are a year older and have gone through an NHL season. Lets not forget that guys like Dubinksy and Callahan should be hitting their potential years and Staal is still progressing in a tougher position. I still think we'll be watching the learning curve of guys like Gilroy and DelZotto (not to mention MZA, hes a huge question mark) but we can hang our hat on the fact that DZ brings some very good offense and is only 20.

Im super excited about Anisimov this year. I think we'll see some good things from him and even if he starts out slow, I hope they stick with him on one of the top lines to give him the time and confidence he needs to get on that first NHL roll I believe is only a matter of time away. You can live with him there because he's uber-responsible positionally and hes skilled enough to play with players of that calibre.

As far as the other guys up front -
Gaborik will have to stay healthy, that goes without saying. Frolov is going to be motivated and that top line, whomever the center is should be one of the keys to the season. I'm really tempering my expectations with Frolov. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised then disappointed. I'm not going to gush over him like Zherdev until i see it consistently.

I'm expecting Prospal to have a down year for a couple reasons, one his stats trend downward after a hot year and secondly i dont think he see as much time with Gaborik. But its good to have him waiting in the weeds if Frolov cools off because he can get hot for a good stretch.

Drury, christ. He just needs to play solid D and win faceoffs. Im not expecting anything from him to be honest because i think hes shot offensively. It would be miraculous if he regained form and it would prove to be a huge plus for the team but quite frankly i just dont see that happening.

It will be interesting to see how Avery's role plays out this year. He could be anywhere from the 4th line to the 2nd to benched. Its really up to him decide where hell be. Theres no doubt the Rangers could use the Avery of 2007. With the division the Rangers are in this year they are really going to need that type of play, especially with Boogaard or Prust here to clean up any of the mess leftover.

I truly believe that Biron is one of the biggest keys to the Rangers success this season. Hank is Hank. But we all know he gets worn down and we all know he has that bad stretch of games somewhere in November-January. I'm hoping Torts can deploy Biron for a run of successive games were hes successful while spelling Lundqvist. I think it will do wonders for this team, but its up to Biron and Allaire to regain the form necessary to achieve that.

On defense i expect Redden to be gone. I just dont see how he fits into the cap puzzle. Guys like Rozy and Girardi id like to see a little more toughness from but theyve been dependable the last few years. Its not an easy division to be in as a defenseman. I'd like to see Staal build on the end of last year and really take a hold of the next level of play hes been taunting us with. Interested in seeing what MCDonagh will bring but hes another college Dman learning on the job and i expect the result to be similar to that of Gilroy last season where he teeters out half way through the year.

Special Teams -
The powerplay will probably be the same unless the defenseman step up. For me the PP's problems have been all the defense and not getting correct shots through. Its worth noting that the Rangers PP wasn't all that bad last year finishing a respectable 13th in the league. But what they need to do is make teams pay for untimely penalties this year. I expect the PK to be up towards the top of the league again as well.

---------------
As always, a ton of question marks. If all clicks, a solid team IMO somewhere in the middle of the eastern playoff pack. But theres no shot you can expect that, especially with the way the East and specifically the Atlantic has improved. As usual, this team will go as far as Gaborik and Lundqvist will take them. Its safe to say theyll be a bubble team, most likely looking up most of the year. Here are my 5 keys to the season.

1. Biron - Lundqvist not playing 70 games for the first time since his rookie season - A big plus. Biron's play could push them over the 8th seed or drive them below. Rest for Hank could prove vital during the playoffs if they get there.

2. Rookie + Sophomore Output - Anisimov, Gilroy and Del Zotto and if they take the next step. MZA and McDonagh - How will these guys adapt to the NHL game? Especially MZA who's range could be a complete bust or a legit top 6 threat.

3. Coaching - Not too many people are mentioning this. Torts has had a year and change with this club now. Its his. He knows the players and we'll see how effective his tutelage is with the youngsters and how he can get the most out of some of the veterans. He has the capability to make a team better, or have his players completely tune him out. I think well have a better idea of where his tenure with the Rangers is going after this season.

4. Frolov - I hate to make him a key but plain and simple the Rangers need to score goals. He was brought here to score in a walk year and they need just that. Scoring 19 or 38 could very well mean playoffs or not for a team as anemic on offense as the Rangers.

5. Health - I say it every year. For whatever reason the Rangers have been extremely lucky, prepared, fortunate - whatever - when it comes to manpower games lost due to injury. Key guys like Gaborik and Lunqvist obviously have to stay on the ice for this club to go anywhere, and a team with just ok depth cannot sustain multiple injuries and remain competitive.

Honorable Mention Keys

- Sean Avery. If he returns to form we all know what he gives to this team.
- Play at Home and after regulation. The Rangers stunk in both of these regards. There ROAD record carried them and that was very odd. This key could actually be one of the top 5, but it goes without saying they have to be better at home.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 08-23-2010 at 10:46 AM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

1. That is one of the top 3 bottom 6 teams in the league

2. That is one of the bottom 5 top 6 teams in the league if MZA doesnt play spectacular.

3. Still the defense leans heavily on Staal, Girardi, and Rozsival.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 11:18 AM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

I believe a better option is to put Christensen on the fourth line but give PP time and PK time. I think this roster could benefit the Rangers more

Frolov Prospal Gaborik
Dubinsky Drury Zuccarello-Aasen
Grachev Anisimov Callahan
Prust Christensen Avery Boogaard (prust, boogaard, avery rotate each game ahving 2 in 1 out all season each playing 50 games or so)

Staal Rozsival
Del Zotto Girardi
Gilroy McDonagh
Eminger

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 11:26 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester 88 View Post
I believe a better option is to put Christensen on the fourth line but give PP time and PK time. I think this roster could benefit the Rangers more

Frolov Prospal Gaborik
Dubinsky Drury Zuccarello-Aasen
Grachev Anisimov Callahan
Prust Christensen Avery Boogaard (prust, boogaard, avery rotate each game ahving 2 in 1 out all season each playing 50 games or so)

Staal Rozsival
Del Zotto Girardi
Gilroy McDonagh
Eminger
Drury over Anisimov? No thanks. Lets give the kid some time to show what hes got, hes skilled and defensively reliable. All Drury does is give the puck up.

Christensen is a waste down there. Hes skilled enough to play with top 6 talent and they really have no other options. Torts has said he prefers Dubi and Prospal on the wing.

Grachev isnt making this team out of camp IMO.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 11:53 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Anyone interesting in reading a novel? lol

While I still think we'll struggle to score goals and battle inconsistency problems - I do think we are an improved team and I'm a little more excited going into this season then how it ended last year. In fact I wasn't excited at all down the stretch - I was quite disenchanted until the last week when I came around only to have my heart ripped out of my chest again in that Philly shootout.
i too share this unpopular opinion

Quote:
.......guys like Anisimov, Del Zotto and Gilroy are a year older and have gone through an NHL season. Lets not forget that guys like Dubinksy and Callahan should be hitting their potential years and Staal is still progressing in a tougher position. I still think we'll be watching the learning curve of guys like Gilroy and DelZotto (not to mention MZA, hes a huge question mark) but we can hang our hat on the fact that DZ brings some very good offense and is only 20.
i think we're running out of years that we can say this

but we'll see...my fingers are crossed that Dubi can develope some consistancy. That will be huge for the future of the team

Quote:
Im super excited about Anisimov this year. I think we'll see some good things from him and even if he starts out slow, I hope they stick with him on one of the top lines to give him the time and confidence he needs to get on that first NHL roll I believe is only a matter of time away. You can live with him there because he's uber-responsible positionally and hes skilled enough to play with players of that calibre.
agreed... im drinking the AA koolaid. I think we learned an important lesson about him last year that shouldn't be forgotten. He needs a gritty hardworker on his line. The idea of Dubi - AA - Callahan would be excellent on paper, but i have my doubts about it working in reality. Either way...im anticipating some pretty good progress out of him this season

Quote:
As far as the other guys up front -
Gaborik will have to stay healthy, that goes without saying. Frolov is going to be motivated and that top line, whomever the center is should be one of the keys to the season. I'm really tempering my expectations with Frolov. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised then disappointed. I'm not going to gush over him like Zherdev until i see it consistently.
Ditto....i stil dont know how i feel about frolov but i think at the very least it will help add some offense this season.

Quote:
I'm expecting Prospal to have a down year for a couple reasons, one his stats trend downward after a hot year and secondly i dont think he see as much time with Gaborik. But its good to have him waiting in the weeds if Frolov cools off because he can get hot for a good stretch.
i think we'll see a lot of this. Prospal will end up being a "plug n play" type of player that will see time in all of the top 3 lines whether its for injury replacement or to rejuvinate a line

Quote:
Drury, christ. He just needs to play solid D and win faceoffs. Im not expecting anything from him to be honest because i think hes shot offensively. It would be miraculous if he regained form and it would prove to be a huge plus for the team but quite frankly i just dont see that happening.
If all goes to plan, IE anisimov + dubi pick it up a little and Frolov adds some offense, i good see drury sneeking in with a 20-25 goal year. Its going to depend on how much PP time he gets though. Personally, i feel he should have been in Cally's place on the PP last year. (ironically, everytime i would say that out loud during a game, cally would score withing 10 seconds)

but im certainlly not going to hold my breathe

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how Avery's role plays out this year. He could be anywhere from the 4th line to the 2nd to benched. Its really up to him decide where hell be. Theres no doubt the Rangers could use the Avery of 2007. With the division the Rangers are in this year they are really going to need that type of play, especially with Boogaard or Prust here to clean up any of the mess leftover

i'd love to be wrong but i see avery as a complete non-factor this year and an occasional healthy scratch

Quote:
I truly believe that Biron is one of the biggest keys to the Rangers success this season. Hank is Hank. But we all know he gets worn down and we all know he has that bad stretch of games somewhere in November-January. I'm hoping Torts can deploy Biron for a run of successive games were hes successful while spelling Lundqvist. I think it will do wonders for this team, but its up to Biron and Allaire to regain the form necessary to achieve that.
could not agree more. Biron needs to play 20+games. Minimizing the effects of those Nov-Dec Henrik freebies will be crucial to making the playoffs this season

Quote:
On defense i expect Redden to be gone. I just dont see how he fits into the cap puzzle. Guys like Rozy and Girardi id like to see a little more toughness from but theyve been dependable the last few years. Its not an easy division to be in as a defenseman. I'd like to see Staal build on the end of last year and really take a hold of the next level of play hes been taunting us with. Interested in seeing what MCDonagh will bring but hes another college Dman learning on the job and i expect the result to be similar to that of Gilroy last season where he teeters out half way through the year.
The D is gonna be shakey. 7 Dmen is a must. Theres no way around it with a lineup this young and the way Rosi only likes to be good the 2nd half of the year

Special Teams -
Quote:
The powerplay will probably be the same unless the defenseman step up. For me the PP's problems have been all the defense and not getting correct shots through. Its worth noting that the Rangers PP wasn't all that bad last year finishing a respectable 13th in the league. But what they need to do is make teams pay for untimely penalties this year. I expect the PK to be up towards the top of the league again as well.
i think the problem with the PP was that it rarely ever got set up. It seemed like a lot of our PP goals came off the rush up the ice, and thats just becasue gaborik is amazing.

Our PP wont be better until we can adjust something (personel or philosophy) so that we can maintain possesion across the blueline on a more frequent basis. And if thats not possible, then we need to be better at securing the puck down low and setting up the play.

I hate to say it, but our PP last year would have been better with Gomez there to carry it across the blue line. Not that he's great, but that particular ability was our biggest weakness IMO

Quote:
3. Coaching - Not too many people are mentioning this. Torts has had a year and change with this club now. Its his. He knows the players and we'll see how effective his tutelage is with the youngsters and how he can get the most out of some of the veterans. He has the capability to make a team better, or have his players completely tune him out. I think well have a better idea of where his tenure with the Rangers is going after this season.
yep, im a Torts supporter but its certainlly "put up or shut up" time for him

Quote:
4. Frolov - I hate to make him a key but plain and simple the Rangers need to score goals. He was brought here to score in a walk year and they need just that. Scoring 19 or 38 could very well mean playoffs or not for a team as anemic on offense as the Rangers.
a good year from frolov will certainlly help this season. im just trying to determine what a good year for frolov does for this team after this season

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Meh... I'm not digging that.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 12:18 PM
NYRSchrute217

Not a bad lineup. Probably will score more goals than last year, but due to how bad the Eastern Conference was last year, the conference as a whole will improve and the Rangers should again be in the 6-10 range.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
It's manageable with a 21 man roster if Gilroy is demoted instead of being scratched.

Alexander Frolov ($3.000m) / Erik Christensen ($0.925m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($1.850m) / Artem Anisimov ($0.821m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Vaclav Prospal ($2.100m) / Chris Drury ($7.050m) / Ryan Callahan ($2.300m)
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Brian Boyle ($0.525m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)
Derek Boogaard ($1.625m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($4.000m) / Michal Rozsival ($5.000m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Wade Redden ($6.500m) / Steve Eminger ($1.125m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) /Martin Biron ($0.875m)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,971,667; BONUSES: $2,162,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $590,833
you want almost 2 million dollars of payroll rolling over to next year?

just so wade the pylon redden can be in the lineup?!

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

frolov EC gaborik
duby AA MZA
avery prospal callahan
boogie drury prust
boyle

staal girardi
rosy mdz
eminger mcdonagh
gilroy

hank
biron

that's probably what you'll see. the only thing is the 4 centers will be interchangeable. torts will move them all over to see who fits with who. drury could be the 3rd or 4th center. prospal could be either the top center the 2nd center or 3rd. AA will be either 2 3 or 4 and EC will either be a top 2 center or he'll be on waivers. todd white won't make the team and redden DEFIINITELY won't be on this team.

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

As i have said before, my preferable roster is

Prospal-Christensen-Gaborik
Frolov-Anisimov-MZA
Avery-Dubinsky-Callahan
Boogaard-Drury-Prust

with White filling in when needed and Weise an injury callup for the RW position.

I think this one works okay as well, but I cant imagine why people want to put our secondary scoring threat that they were begging for all year last year with Zherdev, on a line with Gaborik. senseless.

Frolvo is going to have instant chemistry with Anisimov and Grachev in camp due to the size and puck possession board game. book it.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote