HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Christopher Heino-Lindberg to Färjestad

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2005, 01:41 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
Playing 10 games in the SEL at 20, and gradually more and more is a hell of a lot better than playing in the ECHL.

I think Christopher's known that for a long time, and it's evident in his decision. He's not an AHL goalie... and the ECHL is a mediocre league and basically a very big downgrade from tier 2 hockey in Sweden.

You don't go downwards just so you can play in North America.

That isn't always the case. You can't say since it's not a right or wrong kind of thing. Different players develop in different ways. Some guys need to play a lot and he's likely not to much at all in the SEL. You can't say for sure how it will help or hurt his development until he does it.

How would you know what Christopher is thinking?

What does signing in the SEL have to do with that, there's no NHL so you don't see too many Euro's jumping up and down to come over at this time.

How do you know if he's an AHL goalie based on three or four games?

ECHL a "very big downgrade from tier-2", how many Tier-2 games have you seen? What are you basing this on?

Old
04-14-2005, 08:14 AM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
You don't go downwards just so you can play in North America.
You say that like it's a fact. Many prospects take a step down when they come to NA. Guys go from the RSL to the AHL all the time. How do you think the ECHL gets any euros in it at all? You do go downwards so you can play in North America, then you work your way up again, hopefully ending up in the NHL.

Old
04-15-2005, 01:48 AM
saskhab

I don't think it matters what level he plays at... he needs the coaching. I'm not sure if Farjestad will provide it... but he still has a lot of years to learn. I hope he makes it to N.A. by the time he's 22.

I hope he comes to rookie camp again, though. Even just a week or so of work with Melanson should set a good guide for him for the next year.

Old
04-15-2005, 02:30 AM
Seiza

Send a message via ICQ to Seiza
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
Hieno-Lindberg needs a solid program with a goaltending coach.
Sorry to say this, but I don't even think Färjestad has a goalie coach.

Old
04-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Fenriz

Personnaly, I would rate Jaroslav Halak behind Heino Lindberg. Halak had the chance to be coached in Lewiston. He gained confidence as one of the best in the Q. On thje Rimouski 4 games sweep over The Maniacs he looked great even if he allowed a lot of goals. He often keeped his team in the game even if they were dominated by the Crosby line and the Dany Stewart ( that kid is on fire.. maybe his last chance to impress management) line. Halak position game give him the edge over Heino Lindberg for now.

Old
04-15-2005, 11:45 AM
saskhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiza
Sorry to say this, but I don't even think Färjestad has a goalie coach.
While that's disappointing, hopefully Lindberg gets some tips and a workout program from Melanson and the Montreal staff over the off-season (I hope he comes over for the rookie camp again). I don't know anything about Henriksson, but hopefully he can act as a mentor for Chris as well.

For a NHL future, he will have to make the jump overseas at some point. Doesn't have to be now.

Old
04-15-2005, 05:13 PM
English Hab

Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
For a NHL future, he will have to make the jump overseas at some point. Doesn't have to be now.
Once again like i said before Heino has time on his side and therefore he shouldn't be rushed in any attempt to speed up development as this could have an adverse effect.

Old
04-17-2005, 11:31 PM
carl from pori

christopher heino

I will tell you after watching christopher Heino-lindberg in the second-tier playoff for reaching to the elitserien (Superallsvenskan)In the allsvenskan he had imressive 92.53% and gaa 1,85 after playing all 30 games.He is the most talented goalie in sweden right now! He is 3 years younger than Henrik Lundquist and not far behind him.He has stats similar as pasi Nurminen,johan "The moose"Hedberg,Mike Dunham,
trevor Kidd for example.And they are playing in the same leage facing the same players.I saw him outplay "The Moose" in stockholm in a game that hammarby lost 3-2 in overtime and the shots in the game was incredible 54-21 to leksand or something like that and he made at least 30 advanced saves.Hammarby´s defence is rotten and but Heino was playing every game solid.Färjestad is very happy with signing christopher and Håkan Loob is not worried about christopher´s situation in FBK.I will tell you that I think that christopher will outplay Daniel "Hento" henriksson as the starting goalie already in the beginning of next season.(And remember that Henriksson played in the national-team last year).That is also what Håkan Loob thinks so don´t worry he has done the best choice and among all the teams in elitserien Färjestad actually have a Goalietrainer.If everything develops as I think you will be able to watch him in the habs year 2006/2007 or 2007/2008 mark my words

Old
04-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl from pori
I will tell you after watching christopher Heino-lindberg in the second-tier playoff for reaching to the elitserien (Superallsvenskan)In the allsvenskan he had imressive 92.53% and gaa 1,85 after playing all 30 games.He is the most talented goalie in sweden right now! He is 3 years younger than Henrik Lundquist and not far behind him.He has stats similar as pasi Nurminen,johan "The moose"Hedberg,Mike Dunham,
trevor Kidd for example.And they are playing in the same leage facing the same players.I saw him outplay "The Moose" in stockholm in a game that hammarby lost 3-2 in overtime and the shots in the game was incredible 54-21 to leksand or something like that and he made at least 30 advanced saves.Hammarby´s defence is rotten and but Heino was playing every game solid.Färjestad is very happy with signing christopher and Håkan Loob is not worried about christopher´s situation in FBK.I will tell you that I think that christopher will outplay Daniel "Hento" henriksson as the starting goalie already in the beginning of next season.(And remember that Henriksson played in the national-team last year).That is also what Håkan Loob thinks so don´t worry he has done the best choice and among all the teams in elitserien Färjestad actually have a Goalietrainer.If everything develops as I think you will be able to watch him in the habs year 2006/2007 or 2007/2008 mark my words
Thanks a lot for the update, that's great to hear.

A quick question regarding another Hammarby player. What were your impressions of Johan Eneqvist this year? What kind of role did he play for Hammarby and how did his play look to you? Will he return to Hammarby again next year?

Thanks

Old
04-18-2005, 12:50 AM
carl from pori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert
Thanks a lot for the update, that's great to hear.

A quick question regarding another Hammarby player. What were your impressions of Johan Eneqvist this year? What kind of role did he play for Hammarby and how did his play look to you? Will he return to Hammarby again next year?

Thanks
Enequist stats was not impressive but he had problems with the "shoot down the puck and hunt after it hockey" that the coach wanted them to play.
He played well in the midseason but none of the players played very well in the playoffs. But I think that he will continue in Hammarby next year.
I want him to train harder in the summerseason and build up some weight.He is still
a little weak .This season 2005/2006 he must show more otherwise I don´t think he is something for you.I am a little disappointed because he have talent but he is not developing.There is something wrong with his attitude.Comparing to Heino-lindberg he is not working in the direction "I want to go all the way to NHL".
Sometimes it looks like he satisfied with playing 2-tier and make his pocketmoney.
Remember that his father is a rich man and maybe he is giving him a good life outside the rink.

Old
04-18-2005, 09:08 AM
markov`

Quote:
Sounds great for sure!

Old
04-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Kronblom

Quote:
Remember that his father is a rich man and maybe he is giving him a good life outside the rink.
Really?! As in Eneqvist Bil AB?

Old
04-18-2005, 12:57 PM
carl from pori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronblom
Really?! As in Eneqvist Bil AB?
yes

Old
04-18-2005, 05:35 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

After watching him at the development camp, getting to meet him, I was very impressed with what I've seen from him and he seems to have a great attitude. But it seems far fetched to think he's anywhere near the top goalie in Sweden. His dad said to me that he thought Lundqvist is the best goalie in Sweden (this was last summer) as he really talked him. I do know that Heino-Lindberg had a outstanding season stats wise until he came back from his shoulder injury, where it seems the team just fell apart before he even got back. I still don't understand how Hammarby could be so good in the regular season in each of the last two seasons, only to fall apart in Supersvenskan both times.

Personally I still think there's a chance the Habs try and sign him, unless his contract doesn't have an out clause, as I assume the NHL will be back next year just as I assume the NHL and IIHF will have a deal done as well. But if he stays over, I would love to see him take the starters job, although from what I would think it won't be easy as henriksson sounds like a good goalie although I've never seen him play that I know of.

Old
04-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
Quote:
Thanks for the update. You're almost as optimistic as Mooch!

Closed Thread