HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What will be the opening night Line-Ups?2010-11

Old
08-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Cammalleri - Crosby - Semin
Shutt - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Eller - Latendresse
Downie - Richards - Lapierre

Chara - Subban
Markov - O'bryne
Gorges - Gill

Price
Brodeur.
Should this be funny?

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Moen - Eller - Boyd (Skill, speed, toughness)
Pyatt - Lapierre - Darche (Lapierre/Pyatt had a great chemistry in the Playoff and Lapierre/Darche too in the season)
White

Markov - Spacek
Hamrlik - Subban
Gill - Gorges
O'Byrne, Picard

Price
Auld

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Destoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I dont like Eller with 2 grinders, I rather have him on the wing..

Cammalleri Plekanec A.Kost

Pouliot\Eller Gomez Gionta

Pouliot\Eller Desharnais Boyd

Lapierre Pyatt Moen

extra Darche

With Markov:

Markov Subban

Hamrlik Spacek

Gill Gorges

extra: Obyrne

without Markov:

Hamrlik Subban

Spacek OByrne\Picard\Weber

Gill Gorges
Exactly my line-up, but i'd rather see white than pyatt out there...

White-Lappy-Moen ... that's the definition of a fourth line !

Desharnais will make the team and create immediately insane chemistry with Eller mark my words !!!

Destoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 09:02 PM
jamz

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta

Boyd - Eller - Pyatt

Moen - Maxwell - Lapierre

Hamrlik - Subban

Spacek - Picard

Gill - Gorges

Extras: Maxwell and O'Byrne, Markov injured.

Price
Auld

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 09:23 PM
JeR_HaB's

I'll try it. I'd like to see Pacioretty in good shape. This will give us 3 good lines. I put him with gomez and gionta since pouliot is "maybe" more reliable for playing with two other young players.

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Eller - Boyd
Moen - Pyatt - Lapierre
(Darche or White if he rocks the ***** at camp)

Markov - Spacek
Hamrlik - Subban
Gill - Gorges
(O'byrne and Picard)

I think Picard may be use on offense if a forward is down. I think he will be in the line-up if Markov is not ready at the beginning of the season.

Price
Auld

That's it

JeR_HaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 09:53 PM
TankEller*

I don't know why, but I have a feeling we're going to be surprised. In the sense it's not going to be the usual suspects (Pacioretty, White, Maxwell) who'll be kept up, but an underdog (like Palushaj, or maybe, God forgives me, even if it's a huge longshot, Avtsin).

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku_All_The_Way View Post
Should this be funny?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Problem ?

We can trade Andrei Kostitsyn, Auld, Weber, Carle, Maxwell, and a 2 to get some of those players.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 09:56 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeR_HaB's View Post
I'll try it. I'd like to see Pacioretty in good shape. This will give us 3 good lines. I put him with gomez and gionta since pouliot is "maybe" more reliable for playing with two other young players.

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Eller - Boyd
Moen - Pyatt - Lapierre
(Darche or White if he rocks the ***** at camp)

Markov - Spacek
Hamrlik - Subban
Gill - Gorges
(O'byrne and Picard)

I think Picard may be use on offense if a forward is down. I think he will be in the line-up if Markov is not ready at the beginning of the season.

Price
Auld

That's it
I guess the disaster of trying Pacioretty with Gomez and Gionta last year didn't convince you?

This guy might never be a top-6 player, let's let him develop won't we?
From what I caught in the playoffs and in the end of the regular season in Hamilton, I'm not even sure Palushaj is an inferior hockey player to Pacioretty at this point.

Old
08-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Kostitsyn-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Moen-Eller-Lapierre
Pacioretty-Boyd-Pyatt
Darche

Markov-Subban
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gill-Gorges
O'Byrne

and since Markov is injured:
Hamrlik-Subban
Spacek-Gorges
Gill-O'Byrne
Picard/Carle

Coach Brisebois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 10:27 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

You guys need an enforcer.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Shutdown

I get the feeling that if Eller plays center, he'll have Lapierre as a tandem, like Plekanec/Cammalleri, Gomez/Gionta.

Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 10:56 PM
FF de Mars

Kostitsyn-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Boyd-Eller-Lapierre
White-Pyatt-Moen

Markov-Subban
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gorges-Gill
O'Byrne

Price
Auld

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Cammy Pleks Akost

Pouliot Gomez Gio

Boyd Eller Lapierre

Moen Pyatt White

Darche

Hammer Subban

Spacek Obyrne

Gill Gorges

Carle

Price

Auld

I think we are starting the season with the rookie who best performs in the pre season instead of Darche.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 11:53 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
You guys need an enforcer.
An enforcer? Maybe not that much. A tough, serviceable guy? Yes. And that's why I've been against Darche's signing from day-1. Even if it's not a huge contract, it's not the point. He takes a spot, and is the worst player who wore the jersey since Patrick Traverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazz Wagon View Post
I get the feeling that if Eller plays center, he'll have Lapierre as a tandem, like Plekanec/Cammalleri, Gomez/Gionta.
YAY! So Eller's playmaking skills are wasted for a whole season...

I want Eller to be with Boyd.

Old
08-24-2010, 12:00 AM
Guilliam

Looking at all the line-ups we can come up with, the flexibility of our bottom 6 brings me confidence. I think we can really keep the two young forwards that are the best at camp, regardless of their position (center, LW or RW).

With Maxwell, Desharnais, Eller, Avtsyn, Pacioretty, Engqvist, White, Palushaj and (dare I say) Leblanc, it's easy to feel confident that at least two of those guys will be able ton contribute in the NHL this year. And we have enough guys that can play wing or center to fit any two of them in our lineup.

Now if only the training camp would start already !

Edit : Oh yeah, I forgot. I only wish Eller (given that he wins a spot) isn't stuck with offensive blackholes like Moen and Lapierre. One of the two, I could live with, but please give him at least one winger with some offensive upside so his talent is not completely wasted.

Last edited by Guilliam: 08-24-2010 at 12:05 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Oleg Petrov

Eller: Top 6 or Hamilton.

I see no point in making him a 3rd liner.

Oleg Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Windymind

First game, you set the tone and send messages to the team.

Offense:
----------------------

I love Plek, but at the beginning G-Love first (experience).

1. Moen (Pouliot)-Gomez-Gionta

Pouliot, I'm not sure. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be nice to put low pressure on him at the beginning. Maybe Moen?!? just to motivate him. Pouliot on 1st line if he gets an amazing training camp.

2. Cam-Plek-Ak

Now, Eller is starting and I would send him a message right away. Make your classes.

3. Pouliot (Moen) -Lapierre - Pyatt

Lapierre has more experience and will drive if the direction shows confidence in him.

4. Boyd - Eller - Darche

Energy line, challenge for Eller (Newbie, Lapierre has more authority than him on the 1st game).

Note: I would consider one or two player in the line up according to the training camp.

Defense
--------------

Hamrlik-subban
Spacek-Gorges
Gill-Obyrn

Reserve: Picard.

Goal: Price

Windymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Guilliam

Well, as I said, I see no harm in having him on the third line if he plays with wingers that have some talent in the Offensive zone. Guys like pacioretty, Desharnais and Avtsyn come to mind, or even a Pouliot or Kostitsyn if they are downgraded to the 3rd line...

Last edited by Guilliam: 08-24-2010 at 12:10 AM. Reason: typo
Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:26 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windymind View Post
First game, you set the tone and send messages to the team.

Offense:
----------------------

I love Plek, but at the beginning G-Love first (experience).

1. Moen (Pouliot)-Gomez-Gionta

Pouliot, I'm not sure. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be nice to put low pressure on him at the beginning. Maybe Moen?!? just to motivate him. Pouliot on 1st line if he gets an amazing training camp.

2. Cam-Plek-Ak

Now, Eller is starting and I would send him a message right away. Make your classes.

3. Pouliot (Moen) -Lapierre - Pyatt

Lapierre has more experience and will drive if the direction shows confidence in him.

4. Boyd - Eller - Darche

Energy line, challenge for Eller (Newbie, Lapierre has more authority than him on the 1st game).

Note: I would consider one or two player in the line up according to the training camp.

Defense
--------------

Hamrlik-subban
Spacek-Gorges
Gill-Obyrn

Reserve: Picard.

Goal: Price
Sorry, but it's ridiculous.

Not only would you not even give Pouliot a chance to prove his worth, but you would actually put Lapierre higher on the depth chart than Eller, and split Gill and Gorges after the playoffs they just had?

Yeah. Sorry, try again.

Old
08-24-2010, 12:34 AM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
An enforcer? Maybe not that much. A tough, serviceable guy? Yes. And that's why I've been against Darche's signing from day-1. Even if it's not a huge contract, it's not the point. He takes a spot, and is the worst player who wore the jersey since Patrick Traverse.
Yeah Darche shouldn't be there. But I think a legit enforcer like McGrattan would make your team so much better. Let's be honest the Habs may have a ton of skill but they aren't a big team up front. They get pushed around pretty easy sometimes. If you have an enforcer teams would be hesitant to take runs at smaller guys like Gionta or Cams. Not to mention the Habs are in a division with Orr Thornton and Carkner. They need someone to stop them. Plus it would make Lapierre's game so much more effective. He could go all out in agitating the opponent and not have to wordy about getting jumped.

This was just an outsiders opinion. I wasn't trying to bash your team in anyway. I was actually amazed by their performance last post season. Best of luck to you guys this year too.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
You're kidding right? Worst player since Traverse? I think someone needs to lay off the @#ack pipe...

Quote:
Yeah Darche shouldn't be there. But I think a legit enforcer like McGrattan would make your team so much better. Let's be honest the Habs may have a ton of skill but they aren't a big team up front. They get pushed around pretty easy sometimes. If you have an enforcer teams would be hesitant to take runs at smaller guys like Gionta or Cams. Not to mention the Habs are in a division with Orr Thornton and Carkner. They need someone to stop them. Plus it would make Lapierre's game so much more effective. He could go all out in agitating the opponent and not have to wordy about getting jumped.

This was just an outsiders opinion. I wasn't trying to bash your team in anyway. I was actually amazed by their performance last post season. Best of luck to you guys this year too.
Honestly i have no idea why we couldn't get Asham.. and for 700k, jesus. I sincerely hope this was simply a case of when we wanted him he cost too much, and then when his price went down, we had no room or money left for him.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 01:01 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
You're kidding right? Worst player since Traverse? I think someone needs to lay off the @#ack pipe...
Yes, he's just as bad as Traverse in many ways.

Wait. You're right. Everybody wants a 6'2, 215 pounds player who plays like a sissy, who's poor defensively, slow, and who hasn't any particular offensive skills, and who gets too fancy from time to time on their team. I mean... how can you compete without such a great element?...

If Darche played like he can (grinding, not making fancy plays too much) 100% of the time, I'd say he's a very serviceable extra-forward. Unfortunately, he's not, and this is what makes him that bad, and sometimes that pathetic when he turns the puck over at one blueline or the other.

As for Asham in your other post, well maybe a certain 13th something took a certain one-way something, which prevented us to add another asset, since we're already close to 50 contracts.

Quote:

Thanks a lot dude, I knew you were not willing to get some crap going. Although, Laraque was here half a season last year, and still, it didn't help at all. Neither did it 2 years ago. What I think this team needs is several tough, quality hockey players on the bottom-6 who are going to hold their own. Asham would have been a perfect fit in every possible way.

We have Moen who can mix it up. Lapierre? I don't even know. He's starting fires up but isn't willing to extinguish them. There's that kid Ryan White who's gritty and has a mean streak, but will he be with the big team this year?

This is what is ironic. Hamilton is filled with those decent physical players, but they're not all ready to step up (Schultz, Conboy, White (maybe this year for him)).

Old
08-24-2010, 01:09 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Yes, he's just as bad as Traverse in many ways.

Wait. You're right. Everybody wants a 6'2, 215 pounds player who plays like a sissy, who's poor defensively, slow, and who hasn't any particular offensive skills, and who gets too fancy from time to time on their team. I mean... how can you compete without such a great element?...

If Darche played like he can (grinding, not making fancy plays too much) 100% of the time, I'd say he's a very serviceable extra-forward. Unfortunately, he's not, and this is what makes him that bad, and sometimes that pathetic when he turns the puck over at one blueline or the other.

As for Asham in your other post, well maybe a certain 13th something took a certain one-way something, which prevented us to add another asset, since we're already close to 50 contracts.
Well duh, i would have taken Asham over Darche. But the Darche that played for us last year was a very serviceable player. You obviously have a personal vendetta against him or something. He scored a few really clutch goals for us down the stretch, and i don't know what this horrible defence you're talking about. I understand if you're disappointed that we didn't get a tougher guy to round out the team, but seriously just end the tirade there. Darche worked his butt off pretty much every game for the Habs that he played in, and this is the thanks he gets? Shame on you sir.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 01:25 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Well duh, i would have taken Asham over Darche. But the Darche that played for us last year was a very serviceable player. You obviously have a personal vendetta against him or something. He scored a few really clutch goals for us down the stretch, and i don't know what this horrible defence you're talking about. I understand if you're disappointed that we didn't get a tougher guy to round out the team, but seriously just end the tirade there. Darche worked his butt off pretty much every game for the Habs that he played in, and this is the thanks he gets? Shame on you sir.
No. He's just a terrible, terrible player. No skating, no passing, no shooting, no defensive awareness, no brains.

As for his clutch goals, do you actually expect him to score some of them regularly, and do you actually think he's of great uses for a team? Or is it, once again, you're bias towards the Quebec-born players which blinds you?

Yeah, that's what I thought. There's a reason why this guy never made it to the NHL turning 33 years old. He's ****ing horrible, and he is stupid as crap with the puck on his stick. I remember plenty of plays he did when he turned the puck over on the offensive zone (resulting in a 3 on 2 or an odd man rush) or in the defensive zone (resulting in goals against or scoring chances against). He's bad at hockey, he shouldn't be in the NHL, and probably fortunately won't be by Christmas time.

As for giving his ass out, well I do give it all, no matter what sport I practice, I always try to push myself to the limits. It still doesn't make me an NHL. EVen if I'm doing it for myself, and for free, I don't expect gratitudes or 550K, which Darche will get this year.

You don't build a hockey team based on merits. You build it based on skills and chemestry.

Old
08-24-2010, 01:39 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov View Post
Eller: Top 6 or Hamilton.

I see no point in making him a 3rd liner.
Thomas Plekanec and his rookie season on the 3rd line says hi

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 07:35 AM
otto bond

We have so many wild cards, it's not even funny. We all have our fantasy line up and some may be more realistic then others. For example, I would love for Avstin and White to make the team but more unlikely for Avstin and White is a bit of a stretch due to our depth.

I'll give it a go to what I see and be has realistic as possible.

LW/C/RW

Pouliot/G-Love-Gionta
Cammy-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Boyd-Eller-Lapierre
Moen-Pyatt-White
Spare: Darche

LD/RD

Markov-Subban
O'Byrne-Hamrlik
Gorges-Gill
Spacek.....traded I hope but can still be serviceable

Price