Season 09/10

Old
04-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
reading this thread at least reminds me of what is wrong with german hockey these days. the same "we have more fans" arrogance we have in soccer. not to mention "we lost because of the refs", "we deserved it more", yadda yadda...
I agree partially. Howeverm, I do think every shot a the Scorpions for their fanbase (size, not quality of individuals, obviously) and standing is justified.

The "we lost because of the refs" excuse has definitely gotten old a long time ago, but the sad truth also is that it simply suits the games way too often. Credit to the refs, and again, especially to the league for not sticking to the zero-tolerance rule and thereby handing refs, of which they know that they are not properly trained, more power to decide completely arbitrarily.

But otherwise, it's still true that these excuses come up even more often than they should. But I find it increasingly hard to blame fans for not knowing a right call was made when that call is made in one out of ten cases...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
i always enjoyed to be in augsburg too, but these "heeeey" crowd this year got on my nerves. but i guess that's a leaguewide trend.
It sure is. With a little group we've been doing loads of cynical "heeeeeey" shouts in cases when even the boldest homers didn't have it in them to shout for a penalty. Sometimes people actually chime in and are surprised when they see us laughing. It's pretty hilarious at times.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Mathletic

just wondering what you think of David Wolf and Jerome Flaake

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2010, 05:11 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
just wondering what you think of David Wolf and Jerome Flaake
Wolf came along really well and did a wonderful job in a 3rd/4th line capacity. He was often running around out there like a bull in china store.

Going into the season, I think there were few who expected him to do more than get a cup of coffee and spent most the season at the affiliate in Bremerhaven. He worked himself into a regular role and looks like a real good young DEL player. Don't know what his offensive upside is, but there is a power forward aspect to his game. Maybe it'll develop?

Flaake had a pretty miserable year in Cologne. Dunno if he was a product of his surroundings or one of the causes, but he's signed with Hamburg and is looking to get a fresh start. Hamburg is NOT generally the type of place young guys go and become nurtured and better, although Alex Barta is one such case. There's new management there (Stephane Richer, one time Bruins prospect) and maybe things will run differently, but it'll be another very North American-influenced team.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 05:00 PM
fuechsken

Could someone change the name of the topic to Season 10/11? It's just a minor thing, but we want to be up to date when the season starts, right?

fuechsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 11:31 AM
modano

Well you could just start a new thread. How sounds that?

modano is offline   Reply With Quote