HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What will be the opening night Line-Ups?2010-11

Old
08-24-2010, 08:14 AM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Moen will NOT play on the fourth line ! Darche could play in Hamilton, and NO way does Pyatt play the third line !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Moen will NOT play on the fourth line ! Darche could play in Hamilton, and NO way does Pyatt play the third line !
All that makes no sense. Moen is a 4th liner, Darche has a 1 way contract and is there to stay as the 13th forward, and JM loves Pyatt who earned 3rd line minutes with this playoff performance. I stil see pyatt on the 4th, but he can definitely play on the 3rd over Moen.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 08:46 AM
WestIslander

I want to see:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Pacioretty - Eller - Lapierre
Moen - Boyd - Artyukhin

Pyatt

Markov - Gorges
Hamrlik - Subban
Gill - O'Byrne

Picard

Price
Auld

Trades: Spacek
Signing: Artyukhin (UFA)

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 08:49 AM
habsroom

most of the posts here are grouping the top 6 offensive forwards on the top 2 lines which might happen but I would like to see something like this.....

LW C RW

1 Cams Plekanec Kostitsyn
2 Moen Gomez Gionta
3 Pouliot Eller Maxim
4 Pyatt Boyd White

(1) I think if we are to get goals from Kostitsyn he has to play on the top line with Cams and Pleks.He could score 30 goals playing on that line plus he brings some size to the line.

(2) Gomez and Gionta are a given and I feel there will be 3 or 4 guys play the lw on that line this year. To start the season I feel Moen will be there He brings size/grit and is good in his own end.

(3) The third line could be a great line or a bust I guess that is why they play the games. I don't believe the Habs would trade for Eller and then play him as the third line centre with 2 wingers that can't score.This is why I think Pouliot will be dropped to the third line to bring some offense to the line. When you look at the line it has it all.Good size all guys over 6 feet and 200 pounds. Eller and Pouliot are offensive and Maxim has the grit the line needs. I would love to see this as the third line.

(4) The fourth line will be made up of the rest of the guys with Boyd,Pyatt,White and Darche coming in and out of the line up. Boyd has the most offensive upside and could fill in on the top lines from time to time. Pyatt is loved by the coaches and will also see time on the Gomez line this year and on the PK. White brings much needed grit to the team but he needs more help in this area. Darche will fill in on more than 1 line this year but I see him as the 13 forward.

On defense things are more settled. If Markov is ready to play the d will look like this.....
LD RD

1 Markov - Spacek
2 Hamerlik - Subban
3 Gill - Gorges

7 d man - O'Byrne

If Markov can't start the season things will look a little different.

LD RD

1 Spacek - Subban
2 Hamerlik - O'Byrne
3 Gill - Gorges
7 d man - Carle

habsroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Patty Roy

My guess....

Benoit Pouliot-Scott Gomez-Brian Gionta
Mike Cammalleri-Tomas Plekanec-Andrei Kostitsyn

This should be the top 6 forwards. As much as the Habs will want to put Eller in a good situation, the same can be said with Pouliot. Baring a disasterous camp, i think Pouliot will be given every opportunity to play on a scoring line.

Max Pacioretty-Lars Eller-Maxim Lapierre
Travis Moen-Dustin Boyd-Tom Pyatt
extra: Mathieu Darche

I'd personally like to see Pacioretty in the AHL to properly develop his skills, but if he has a good camp, and i think he will, i bet he makes the big club. That third line has good size, skating ability and skill.

Not sure how the 4th line would play as a unit, but thats sort of the leftovers. As good as Pyatt was in the playoffs last year he will still have to fight for a spot. Darche gets the 13th forward spot unless Ryan White (or someone else) plays outstanding.

Roman Hamrlik-PK Subban
Jaroslav Spacek-Ryan O'Byrne
Hal Gill-Josh Gorges
extra. Yanick Weber/Mathieu Carle
Injured: Andrei Markov

The only real battle on D i think is for the #7 spot, likely between Weber and Carle. O'Byrne gets relegated to #7 spot when Markov comes back.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Habs 1909

People seem to forget but Markov will not be ready for the opening night.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 09:23 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

True story: I dreamed of a Pacioretty - Eller - Avtsin line last night. Too young to be realistic, but don't tell me the thought of such a combinaison of talent, speed and size isn't making you drooling.

Maybe we'll see it for a shift or two during the pre-season games...

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 09:28 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertoIginla View Post
I think they'll look like this

Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta

Pouliot - Plekanec - Kostitsyn

Moen - Eller - Pyatt

Darche - Boyd - Lapierre

Markov - Gill

Subban - Gorges

Hamrlik - Spacek

Extras:Maxwell and O'Byrne

Price
Auld

The only thing I know is that it wont be this lineup.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
True story: I dreamed of a Pacioretty - Eller - Avtsin line last night. Too young to be realistic, but don't tell me the thought of such a combinaison of talent, speed and size isn't making you drooling.

Maybe we'll see it for a shift or two during the pre-season games...
How about Pouliot--Eller--Avtsin ?

Not that Avtsin will make the team out of camp but you never know...

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 09:51 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
An enforcer? Maybe not that much. A tough, serviceable guy? Yes. And that's why I've been against Darche's signing from day-1. Even if it's not a huge contract, it's not the point. He takes a spot, and is the worst player who wore the jersey since Patrick Traverse.

I remember a thread called ''darche madness'' ... he proved to be a solid player for us from the moment he joined the team. According to many here, the only thing playing against him is his age. Honestly, I think this guy is the kind of player to sacrifice on a sunday afternoon in edmonton, and we need that. But the main factor for me is this ; he actually has a brain, and uses it. He used his brain more on the ice in 10 games than A.kos in 3 years.

And listening to the lapierre and pouliot comments last year, everybody loves the guy and he makes others benefit from his presence on the team. If darche is our worst player , we are going in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I want to see:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Pacioretty - Eller - Lapierre
Moen - Boyd - Artyukhin

Pyatt

Markov - Gorges
Hamrlik - Subban
Gill - O'Byrne

Picard

Price
Auld

Trades: Spacek
Signing: Artyukhin (UFA)
does it work on playsation ?

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 10:18 AM
goldglove

Eller - Gomez - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Pouliot - Boyd - Pacioretty
Moen - Pyatt - Lapierre
Darche

Markov - Subban
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gill - Gorges
Picard - O'Byrne

Price
Auld

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 10:48 AM
CanadienErrant*

I would like to see A.K with Gomez and Gionta. Maybe the two vets can whip his ass and make him produce right from the start of the season.

A.K. - Gomez - Gionta (the Captain)

Pouliot - Plekanec - Cammy (who seems more dangerous on the RW)

Moen - Eller - Lapierre

Pyatt- Boyd - White or Darche

Hamrlik - Subban

Gill - Gorges

Spacek - O'Byrne

Carle or Picard as 7th for the moment.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Horatio Caine

Yeah, I'm prepared to be flamed.

Benoit Pouliot - Scott Gomez - Brian Gionta
Mike Cammalleri - Tomas Plekanec - Ryan White/Maxim Lapierre
David Desharnais - Lars Eller - Andrei Kostitsyn
Travis Moen - Tommy Pyatt - Maxim Lapierre/Ryan White

Mathieu Darche

Jaroslav Spacek - Pernell Karl Subban
Hal Gill - Josh Gorges
Roman Hamrlik - Ryan O'byrne

Alex Picard
Mathieu Carle

Edit: Oh.. I forgot about Boyd. Insert him instead of Desharnais.

Last edited by Horatio Caine: 08-24-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Horatio Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Windymind

True

Quote:
Sorry, but it's ridiculous.

Not only would you not even give Pouliot a chance to prove his worth, but you would actually put Lapierre higher on the depth chart than Eller, and split Gill and Gorges after the playoffs they just had?

Yeah. Sorry, try again.
I believe that you are right on Gill-Gorges.
Then Spacek-Obyrne.

But Pouliot, it's not about giving him the chance to prove, it's about putting expectation low.

Regarding Eller, he is green but Lapierre will probably ended up on wing. But Lapierre is older on the team, was injured last year, and deserves priority to prove himself. On the first Game, I would put Lapierre over Eller.

Windymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 11:24 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
No. He's just a terrible, terrible player. No skating, no passing, no shooting, no defensive awareness, no brains.

As for his clutch goals, do you actually expect him to score some of them regularly, and do you actually think he's of great uses for a team? Or is it, once again, you're bias towards the Quebec-born players which blinds you?

Yeah, that's what I thought. There's a reason why this guy never made it to the NHL turning 33 years old. He's ****ing horrible, and he is stupid as crap with the puck on his stick. I remember plenty of plays he did when he turned the puck over on the offensive zone (resulting in a 3 on 2 or an odd man rush) or in the defensive zone (resulting in goals against or scoring chances against). He's bad at hockey, he shouldn't be in the NHL, and probably fortunately won't be by Christmas time.

As for giving his ass out, well I do give it all, no matter what sport I practice, I always try to push myself to the limits. It still doesn't make me an NHL. EVen if I'm doing it for myself, and for free, I don't expect gratitudes or 550K, which Darche will get this year.

You don't build a hockey team based on merits. You build it based on skills and chemestry.
Darche had 10 points in 29 games last year. I doubt you can compare yourself to him without having your opinion get ridiculed... He's a much better hockey player than like 99.9996% of all canadians, he was still skilled enough to make it this far. He has a great attitude and he'll give it all for the few games he'll get. Better have a guy like him in that role than a recruit who'll get demoralized and have his devellopment ampered from not playing or a vet who'll be pissed if he doesn't get games. Darche is the ideal 13th forward. He'll get the odd game when someone has a day to day injury or when some 4th liner has a terrible stretch and becomes a heatlhy scratch. If we didn't sign Darche and signed Asham instead he'd have to be an extra forward or we'd have to keep an hamilton boy up who would likely cost us more on the cap than Darche.

Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 08-24-2010 at 11:31 AM.
FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Darche was signed in part because he's reportedly the perfect vet, who helps his teammates and never complain. I've read many accounts on how he was basically the reason why Lapierre managed to save his season in the playoff. He's as much part of the coaching staff than a player, and we can't reduce his contribution to what he does on the ice.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:00 PM
odishabs

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Cammalleri "A"
Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta "C"
Boyd - Eller - Lapierre
Moen - Pyatt - White

Subban - Hamrlik
Gill "A" - Gorges
Spacek - O'Byrne

Price

Extra: Picard, Darche, Maxwell.

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:16 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Boyd - Eller - Lapierre
Moen - Pyatt - White

Subban - Hamrlik
Gill "A" - Gorges
Spacek - O'Byrne

Price

If I was to wager on it, this poster has the opening lineup.

There is three things that alot of other posters posted which I don't understand why they have the lineup that way.

1. People have Boyd as fourth line. The guy put up close numbers to our entire 4th line all of last year. I believe the 4th line (Moen, Pyatt, Darche) put up 32 points all together. Boyd put up 24 by himself. This guy should be and I think will be a lock for 3rd line like this poster said. They want him to come in and add to his previous output not try to match it or make less, by seeing less time on the 4th line, it makes no sense. The guy is gritty and fast, with a scoring touch. 3rd line should be the lowest in the lineup he goes.

2. Gill will be paired with Gorges not O'byrne like others are posting. They were amazing together down the stretch of last year and in the playoffs. If they break up Gorges and Gill, its pretty stupid. Gorges compliments Gill's shutdown game as he moves the puck out of the zone if Gill shuts it down. If Gill and O'byrne are paired together it would probably be one of the slowest pairings in the league. I could see a fast 1st line of another team coming at them fast, which Gill and O'byrne are slow in turning to skate, to defend the defensive zone. The team would then keep cycling it down low each shift they are on the ice to wear them down, which we don't want to see at all.

3. People for some odd reason have Markov and Subban paired together. Does not make sense as both are puck movers and distribute it around well. The only good thing is Subban is RH and Markov is LH. Even with that, they will want to have Markov and Subban's speed and offensive talents with someone of a slower speed like a shooter/shutdown guy. Subban will likely be with Hamrlik, and Markov with Spacek. Markov I know wont be ready right away but I mean going into the season.

Subban compliments Hamrlik's slower physical play with speed and able to get in position much faster.

Markov compliments Spacek by being a setup man for Spacek's hard shot.

Gorges complimetns Gill as he is puck mover with more speed than Gill, which make a perfect shutdown pair.

Overall this poster has the lineup perfect for opening night. Only difference with Markov back in is O'byrne is out and Markov goes with Spacek.

Last edited by BigHabs: 08-24-2010 at 12:28 PM.
BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:26 PM
BlackStar

Kost-Pleks-Cammy
Pouliot-G-Love-Gionta
Boyd-Eller-Maxpac
Moen-Pyatt-lappiere

Markov-Spacek
Subban-Hammer
Gill-Gorges

Extras: Obyrne, Darche, Carle

I would be fine with sending Max-Pac to the minors but I think him and Eller would look good together. I understand he hasn't been the greatest goal scorer but who's to say he doesn't have the potential to score 15 on the third line with Eller? If he fails to impress at camp then yes send him to the minors. But why not keep him if he impresses?

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Boyd - Eller - Lapierre
Moen - Pyatt - White

Subban - Hamrlik
Gill "A" - Gorges
Spacek - O'Byrne

Price

I agree with Gamblor: this is likely the starting line up if nothing changes. Moen will probably be used to cover LW on the top 9 if/when any of AK, Pouliot or Boyd fails to deliver.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 01:55 PM
tinyzombies

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn "A" (to get his butt in gear)
Moen - Eller - Lapierre
Darche - Boyd - Pyatt

Hamrlik - Subban
Spacek - O'Byrne
Gill - Gorges "A"

Price

Last edited by tinyzombies: 08-24-2010 at 02:03 PM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 05:34 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Honestly i have no idea why we couldn't get Asham.. and for 700k, jesus. I sincerely hope this was simply a case of when we wanted him he cost too much, and then when his price went down, we had no room or money left for him.
Yeah Asham was my favorite while he was with the Flyers. He was there to defend his team mates and chip in offensively every once in awhile. Its a shame he went to Pittsburgh.

Quote:
Thanks a lot dude, I knew you were not willing to get some crap going. Although, Laraque was here half a season last year, and still, it didn't help at all. Neither did it 2 years ago. What I think this team needs is several tough, quality hockey players on the bottom-6 who are going to hold their own. Asham would have been a perfect fit in every possible way.

We have Moen who can mix it up. Lapierre? I don't even know. He's starting fires up but isn't willing to extinguish them. There's that kid Ryan White who's gritty and has a mean streak, but will he be with the big team this year?

This is what is ironic. Hamilton is filled with those decent physical players, but they're not all ready to step up (Schultz, Conboy, White (maybe this year for him)).
Yeah Moen is one of my favorites. He is like the perfect bottom six guy. What I meant with Lapierre was that he could agitate so much more with a heavyweight to protect him. That way his antics wont lead to team mates getting pushed around. I hope White makes the team and gives them some more grit to go with their skill.

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 07:20 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
Moen - Eller - Lapierre
Darche - Boyd - Pyatt

Hamrlik - Subban
Spacek - O'Byrne
Gill - Gorges "A"

Price

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 07:28 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
But the "A" will stand for Ass.

On second thought, there's not much scoring on that third line of mine... not looking good. Might be why we traded for Eller...

hOW ABOUT THIS?

White - Eller - Boyd
Darche - Lapierre - Moen

Hamrlik - Subban
Spacek - O'Byrne
Gill - Gorges "A"

Price

Last edited by tinyzombies: 08-24-2010 at 07:39 PM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov View Post
Eller: Top 6 or Hamilton.

I see no point in making him a 3rd liner.

We traded away a Hometown hero in Halak . I'm pretty sure Eller will be starting the season in Montreal . Why wouldn't he ? He's ready to play plus the Habs fans would go nutts if we wouldn't make the team . Way better to see him play for the Habs with Guys who have potential like him and Boyd then to play in Hamilton . He has spent enough time in the AHL . Time for him to show us what he is made of

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote