HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Frolik Statistical Speculation

Old
08-22-2010, 01:32 PM
OSUlakers

vCash: 500
Frolik Statistical Speculation

Hey Panthers fans -

I wanted to get some of your input on Frolik. I've been following him for a while, and I believe that he is going to break out this year and go 30,30. Thoughts?

OSUlakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2010, 01:57 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUlakers View Post
Hey Panthers fans -

I wanted to get some of your input on Frolik. I've been following him for a while, and I believe that he is going to break out this year and go 30,30. Thoughts?
I also think he will have a very good season, and he said after the season that he was disapointed because he was hoping to have the same impact as Stamkos had for TB. He also said he would work very hard this off-season to get where he needs to be for the upcoming one, to have that kind of impact.

Noone of us expect a Stamkos year, but 30+30 is very possible.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Gudbranson44

so many variables in play its impossible to predict, but under the right circumstances i think he can contribute with around 25-35 goals with similar number of assists. biggest issue is if he can raise his lowest level of play and start being more consistent on a higher level

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2010, 03:24 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
so many variables in play its impossible to predict, but under the right circumstances i think he can contribute with around 25-35 goals with similar number of assists. biggest issue is if he can raise his lowest level of play and start being more consistent on a higher level
exactly what i was going to say.

FinlandPanther is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 09:20 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

They have to start counting goal posts and missed shots to get any kind of stat on Frolik other than ice time and passing %.

It honestly seemed like he would have had Stamkos numbers if he hit the net as much as he should have.

Last edited by CHGoalie27: 08-23-2010 at 09:25 AM.
CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 01:05 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Last year Frolik wasn't getting prime PP time (does that even exist on the Panthers?), but he was on the second unit.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 01:20 PM
phil725

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
They have to start counting goal posts and missed shots to get any kind of stat on Frolik other than ice time and passing %.

It honestly seemed like he would have had Stamkos numbers if he hit the net as much as he should have.
Yeah Frolik just got the promotion to first line with Horton leaving which means Frolik is now going to receive the kind of time Horton received. I see Frolik hitting 30-30

phil725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 02:54 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

imo frolik disappears for stretches on a consistent basis. until he can raise his consistency I cant see more than 25 goals and 30 assists. i hope he proves us wrong. if he really works hard, weiss retains his form, and booth returns to his play of 2 years ago then frolik has a good chance to do better than that. i hope he does.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 03:24 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Yet still, the size issue hasn't been addressed. (Peters? lol ok)

Booth is still likely to be killed...Frolik too.

Again, I am afraid to see us play ATL this year.

Old
08-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:

It's alright, Grabner will stop them...

But yeah, isn't Bitz kinda big? He's not a fighter, really, but he's a bruiser right? Or am i way off?

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 09:28 PM
16Skippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post

But yeah, isn't Bitz kinda big? He's not a fighter, really, but he's a bruiser right? Or am i way off?
Yea Bitz is big. I see him listed at 6'5 and 215 pounds. He is a hitter but I'm nor sure how often or well he fights.

16Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 11:58 PM
phil725

Quote:

I may be the only one who shares this opinion but size is not such as an important factor as it used to be... Take a look at some of the better scorers in the league and you will see plenty of players below 200lbs.

Just to name a few in the top 15 in points from last year.

Henrik Sedin
Crosby (at 200)
Stamkos
St.louis
Brad Richards
Kane
Daniel Sedin
Gaborik (at 200)
Parise

Most of these guys have one thing in common that separates from the other guys that their size..."will". That's all it is.. Frolik has all the talent in the world.. it just takes the confidence and "will" to do so. But even at that... he is still listed at 185 so he's not tiny.

Old
08-24-2010, 06:10 AM
Jakethesnake

The point isnt that u need to be big to score, the point is that the Panthers have an over abundance of smaller/finesse players and a lack of larger/gritty players and that this will result in the Cats getting manhandled by the bigger and rougher teams.

Jakethesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 09:05 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake View Post
The point isnt that u need to be big to score, the point is that the Panthers have an over abundance of smaller/finesse players and a lack of larger/gritty players and that this will result in the Cats getting manhandled by the bigger and rougher teams.
^^^You already posted my reply to Phil! Thank you!

...and I don't see any of those mentioned listed on the Panthers roster either....

Old
08-24-2010, 09:10 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post

Yes, Bitz is now our big guy...at 215lbs...half of ATL's roster is at least 225lbs.

Push comes to shove, we can say all we want about Frolik up here...while he's being put on his ass and nobody to stop him.

Bitz isn't going to stop Byfuglien from pushing any Cats around...then imagine if Byf tries and shows obvious Byf effort?

Old
08-24-2010, 09:43 AM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Conservatively, I see Fro putting up 25G/20A. He will continue to get top-line ice-time this year and our PP has to get better(right?). But optimistically, I could see him hitting 30-32G/25-30A. This is assuming our depth offense can produce and take some pressure/focus off of the projected top line of Booth-Weiss-Frolik.

TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Yes, Bitz is now our big guy...at 215lbs...half of ATL's roster is at least 225lbs.

Push comes to shove, we can say all we want about Frolik up here...while he's being put on his ass and nobody to stop him.

Bitz isn't going to stop Byfuglien from pushing any Cats around...then imagine if Byf tries and shows obvious Byf effort?
Well, i guess our guys will just skate right by them. That, or get pulverized. That's kinda what it comes down to in a game like that. Speed vs. Strength. I'm not saying the way it is right now is a good thing, but with the addition of Grabner, i think we're significantly faster.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 10:51 AM
ShootIt

I think he tops 60 points this year granted Weiss and Booth stay relatively healthy/play over 70 games this upcoming season.
25-35 or 30-30 is what I would bet on.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Tony Piscotta
Hockey's Future Staff

True and not so true. Yes, smaller players can still be effective but come playoff games larger bodies tend to dominate - in particular I'm thinking of guys like Byfuglien and Pronger (although the Patrick Kanes and Crosbys did tend to make their mark). It just seems that for all the emphasis on skills when the teams are fairly equal it comes down to the play in the small areas - which is usually dominated by bigger, stronger bodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil725 View Post
I may be the only one who shares this opinion but size is not such as an important factor as it used to be... Take a look at some of the better scorers in the league and you will see plenty of players below 200lbs.

Tony Piscotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 01:09 PM
phil725

Just my opinion.... SKILL + WILL >> Speed and Strength