HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

AHL Schedule (EDIT: Set for release on Wed. 8/25)

Old
08-23-2010, 01:49 PM
suezane carpenter

vCash: 500
AHL Schedule

So its out today and if so what time will it be posted.

suezane carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 02:44 PM
HullToSelanne

I was misinformed. Sked comes out on Wednesday.l

HullToSelanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 02:47 PM
AHLBarons

Wednesday at 4 ET pending approval by the BOG

AHLBarons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 03:00 PM
AHL News
I'm a Bot

Schedule release set for Wednesday

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … Pending its approval by the Board of Governors, the American Hockey League’s 2010-11 regular-season schedule will be released on Wednesday, August 25, at 4:00 p.m. (more...)

More...

AHL News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Holy cow, what a disappointment!! The Wolves get a whopping 0 Eastern conference opponents. Here is the Wolves breakdown.

Quote:
TEAM HOME AWAY
Abbotsford Heat 2 2
Grand Rapids Griffins 3 3
Hamilton Bulldogs 2 2
Houston Aeros 3 3
Lake Erie Monsters 2 2
Milwaukee Admirals 5 5
Oklahoma City Barons 4 4
Peoria Rivermen 4 4
Rockford IceHogs 5 5
San Antonio Rampage 3 3
Texas Stars 3 3
Toronto Marlies 2 2
Full press release

EDIT - Just scrolling through a few more teams, and the only Western/Eastern Conference games appear to be between Manitoba and Abbotsford vs. WBS and Hershey. Also saw Worcester vs Rochester.

Last edited by Majik1987: 08-25-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Majik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 08:41 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1987 View Post
Holy cow, what a disappointment!! The Wolves get a whopping 0 Eastern conference opponents. Here is the Wolves breakdown.

Full press release

EDIT - Just scrolling through a few more teams, and the only Western/Eastern Conference games appear to be between Manitoba and Abbotsford vs. WBS and Hershey. Also saw Worcester vs Rochester.
not surprised....... with the move from lowell to albany i hoped maybe, just maybe the devils would travel here to play the marlies this season. i would love to see a devils farm game.

Last edited by njdevils1982: 08-25-2010 at 08:47 PM.
njdevils1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Denzil
NOLU

Quote:

Full press release

Albany play Rochester twice at home and twice away.

Denzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 10:44 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHML View Post
Albany play Rochester twice at home and twice away.
Rochester also plays Syracuse, Binghamton, Hershey, Adirondack and WBS who are in the eastern conference.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 11:25 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Rochester also plays Syracuse, Binghamton, Hershey, Adirondack and WBS who are in the eastern conference.
yet, no devils/marlies? not once, at all, for YEARS. crackhead schedule.

njdevils1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:48 AM
Denzil
NOLU

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Bring back the Empire Division!

Old
08-26-2010, 02:39 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
THE Divisions aren't going to change because you want them to, IHML, look how long it took to get us to the 1 affiliate to 1 parent club, now w/ the resolution of the addition of OKC now under way....

the issue lies within some franchises in the West to bend a little, if you can visit the bigger New England markets (WOR/HFD/PRO/BRI), why are you not as supportive of the smaller to mid-size markets when they ask to play your franchise.

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 03:09 PM
cjerina

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post

the issue lies within some franchises in the West to bend a little, if you can visit the bigger New England markets (WOR/HFD/PRO/BRI), why are you not as supportive of the smaller to mid-size markets when they ask to play your franchise.

That is all.

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 04:07 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjerina View Post

That is all.
I'm waiting for the day tht MIL, LE, HOU, etc, build a hockey only facility to shut the haters up from those markets, because, obviously, these midwest posters are clueless as to how to operate their franchises to let this continue, how come every year it's the same issue, no one likes how the master schedule is done, eh, cjerina, you believe you can do a master where everyone plays everyone, regardless of Division/Conference alignment, tht would solve the major complaint of this league, its members, and their respective fanbases, be my guest, because the inherent problem is not the smaller New England/NY members and fanbases clamoring for this, it's all the fanbases tht want a major overhaul, but the veteran fans keep getting the complaints/shaft, TO the point of why do we even bother complaining and nothing seems to change, depending on who in the membership tht makes those decisions makes us wonder why should we even bother posting on message boards, at all.

The point is, why are CHI, AND THE MIDWEST markets so vehemently opposed to playing a Portland, a Springfield, BUT they'll accomodate a Worcester, a Manchester, a Hartford, when they ask, how easy is tht to accomplish, why do we follow any member franchise at all, but have no say as to how they develop a schedule, but then show up to support these franchises.... It's getting to the point of why bother paying attention to this pro league, if this is the way we operate....

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Denzil
NOLU

I have no idea what you just said.

Old
08-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Frank Booth

What is "tht"? Is it some super-secret acronym?

Frank Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Ahh, yes. The Portland that never travels anywhere. Yeah, I'm sure that it's the West Division's fault. All the teams in the West will not travel to Portland. I mean, all their games are local already. Manitoba is short hop. Same with Abbotsford. And Texas is a short bus ride from Chicago and Milwaukee. Yeah, those darn West Divisions never have to travel anywhere. Definitely there fault.

Old
08-27-2010, 12:06 AM
axecrew

Quote:
THE Divisions aren't going to change because you want them to, IHML, look how long it took to get us to the 1 affiliate to 1 parent club, now w/ the resolution of the addition of OKC now under way....

Well, well, well......look who's back.......and spewing more crap than a backed up septic tank as usual....So it's those evil empires in the West and Midwest who won't travel.....you mentioned Chicago.......so hutchie-poo....it's edjamacation time. In order for a team like say Portland to play Chicago a number of conditions have to be met least of which is that they WANT to play each other. Now having said that....another one is that the trip has to be feasable for the visiting team.....ie..not 1 and done. Now having said all of this......if you have any proof of a team such as Chicago..or any other western team refusing to play someone of east please offer it up.....as you stated that these small to mid-size markets in the east have ask and were refused. Back to our lesson.....Even if the 2 teams agree to play.....if the second condition isn't met than it's a moot point as no team east or west is gonna travel like that to play 1 game, it's not cost effective.
Now to touch upon your non-quoted post.....all those DAMN midwest posters that have no clue how to run their franchises.....you mean the posters from Chicago, Milwaukee, Houston.....oh and Chicago again? You mean the posters whose teams have won 4 Calder Cups in the 7 years that their teams have been in the AHL.....Along with Hershey, Hamilton,..oh and Hershey again? None of which, if my grade school geography is correct, is anywhere near your magical new england are you speak of......you mean those posters? Yeah I see what you mean, bunch of clueless morons when it comes to running teams.
Hutch in case you've missed the party here the last few years, god knows somethings missing here. most of the "midwest posters, you speak of are the very same to continually complain about not seeing any variety amongst our schedule. myself included and I've peppered "god" about it in person when the lord david has shown his face in Chicago.
But its all good hutch....you go on back to trying to figure out how the New York Jets and Giants can keep the "New York" moniker whilest playing their games in a NEW stadium that is still in a totally different state.
Because regarding what you've posted on this topic on here I say this.......nowhere in your incohereant ramblings did you even once make a sincere attempt at a single rational thought or statement and we are all dumber for having attempted to read and decipher it all....May god have mercy on your soul.

axecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 06:57 AM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Ahh, yes. The Portland that never travels anywhere. Yeah, I'm sure that it's the West Division's fault. All the teams in the West will not travel to Portland. I mean, all their games are local already. Manitoba is short hop. Same with Abbotsford. And Texas is a short bus ride from Chicago and Milwaukee. Yeah, those darn West Divisions never have to travel anywhere. Definitely there fault.
Holy crap, I just went through Portland's schedule… They play twice in Charlotte, twice in Norfolk and once in Hershey and that's the extent of their "longer" road trips.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
Holy crap, I just went through Portland's schedule… They play twice in Charlotte, twice in Norfolk and once in Hershey and that's the extent of their "longer" road trips.
Yeah I know. Martyrs.

Old
08-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Tommy Hawk

Quote:
I'm waiting for the day tht MIL, LE, HOU, etc, build a hockey only facility to shut the haters up from those markets, because, obviously, these midwest posters are clueless as to how to operate their franchises to let this continue, how come every year it's the same issue, no one likes how the master schedule is done, eh, cjerina, you believe you can do a master where everyone plays everyone, regardless of Division/Conference alignment, tht would solve the major complaint of this league, its members, and their respective fanbases, be my guest, because the inherent problem is not the smaller New England/NY members and fanbases clamoring for this, it's all the fanbases tht want a major overhaul, but the veteran fans keep getting the complaints/shaft, TO the point of why do we even bother complaining and nothing seems to change, depending on who in the membership tht makes those decisions makes us wonder why should we even bother posting on message boards, at all.

The point is, why are CHI, AND THE MIDWEST markets so vehemently opposed to playing a Portland, a Springfield, BUT they'll accomodate a Worcester, a Manchester, a Hartford, when they ask, how easy is tht to accomplish, why do we follow any member franchise at all, but have no say as to how they develop a schedule, but then show up to support these franchises.... It's getting to the point of why bother paying attention to this pro league, if this is the way we operate....
Yes, it is all the teams in the western conferences fault. Toronto doesn't want to take that long plane ride to any of the teams in the new england area.

It is all Chicago and Houston and Milwaukee's fault for not playing in a hockey only facility that holds a whopping 5,000 fans and draws even less....Like all the facilities in the east such as hartford, Portland, providence, Syracuse, Albany, Lowell (when a team was there) etc. were all built just for AHL hockey.

It is all the Western and midwestern teams problems that teams like Portland, Providence, Hartford, etc. won't come to play the western conference team because when they sent one of their best on a road trip a couple of years ago they got clobbered.

It is all the midwestern teams fault that there are no major airports in the area where a round trip ticket out east is about $250 per person. There are also no major airports in Texas either.

I could go on and write a complete dissertation on the factual and ideological inaccuracies in the post but I only have about 30 or so years left to live.........

Tommy Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 08:30 PM
RFA

Albany has had 7 games against Western Conference opponents, with an average reported attendance of 2587 at the games. Their overall average reported attendance is 3768 over the past seven seasons. (I did not count Rochester or Syracuse in those numbers because I wasn't sure when they were sent to the West.) There are 46% more fans reported at the Eastern Conference games, on average.

I'm going to go out on a limb as guess that it's significantly cheaper to rent a bus and drive to Glens Falls, Binghamton, Syracuse or any of the non-overnight cities (games that we'd be losing) than to fly and book hotel rooms for at least 25 people.

It costs way less to play team teams, and they sell fewer tickets to the home games. Seems like a lose/lose proposition.

Albany's highest attendance in those years was 2005-06, when they played zero western conference opponents, and were in a division with the New England teams.

RFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Tommy Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFA View Post
Albany has had 7 games against Western Conference opponents, with an average reported attendance of 2587 at the games. Their overall average reported attendance is 3768 over the past seven seasons. (I did not count Rochester or Syracuse in those numbers because I wasn't sure when they were sent to the West.) There are 46% more fans reported at the Eastern Conference games, on average.

I'm going to go out on a limb as guess that it's significantly cheaper to rent a bus and drive to Glens Falls, Binghamton, Syracuse or any of the non-overnight cities (games that we'd be losing) than to fly and book hotel rooms for at least 25 people.

It costs way less to play team teams, and they sell fewer tickets to the home games. Seems like a lose/lose proposition.

Albany's highest attendance in those years was 2005-06, when they played zero western conference opponents, and were in a division with the New England teams.
Sure it costs less until your bus driver crashes.....

And those games, you do not indicate if those games were friday saturday or tuesday games, were there giveaways, the weather conditions, etc. All of these play a major role in attendance at minor league games.

The FACT is the eastern conference teams play minimal games against teams in the midwest or the south, if they even play any games.

Tommy Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 08:49 AM
RFA

If they'd been on a plane that lost control and crashed halfway home, they all would have died.

I'm not sure it's in good taste to joke about that crash, but it did lead to a bump in attendance for the game or two after they returned home. SInce any of the equipment that was damaged in the crash would have been covered by the bus company's insurance, they most likely made money in the long run on the crash. I don't think that they'll try to do it as a regular promotion though.

Albany also had a team in the IHL that played teams out west, and they went out of business before a full season was completed. The two AHL teams in the area out drew them playing northeast based AHL teams, despite Albany's arena being brand new and way nicer than the other two.

RFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 10:08 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Charlotte's home schedule is really strange. LOTS of two-game homestands against the same team. Maybe this is the norm for AHL teams, but I've never seen it happen with such frequency in other leagues:

10/15 & 10/17 - WBS
11/2 & 11/3 - POR
11/7 & 11/9 - HER
11/11 & 11/12 - BRI
11/17 & 11/19 - ADK
12/5 & 12/6 - SYR
12/10 & 12/12 - HER
1/1 & 1/2 - BNG
1/4 & 1/5 - WBS
1/13 & 1/14 - MCH
1/19 & 1/21 - SPR
2/6 & 2/8 - PRO
2/12 & 2/13 & 2/15 - ALB
2/24 & 2/26 - HFD (with a trip to Norfolk in between!)
3/8 & 3/12 - BNG
3/27 & 4/4 - NOR
4/8 & 4/9 - WOR

Counting 'em up, 35 of their 40 home games are doubleheaders. I understand that it's a travel thing, but what effect does this have on the home team? Especially one that's in its first season in the league? Will it always be like this for the Checkers?

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFA View Post

I tried to look up this 7 game stat, and it has to be over a course of years. I only saw two games against Rochester last year that would be against a Western Conference opponent (Syracuse was in the East last year). In 2008-09, Syracuse and Rochester (both in the Western Confernce) games beat the average 4 out 6 times.

Rochester And Syracuse are not that far from Albany. I could see making that case if the Western opponent was Houston or Texas, but the fans could organize a bus from Rochester and Syracuse to Albany. Distance is not an explanation for low attendance at these games.