HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Season Tickets Discussion (23% increase)

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2010, 09:44 PM
nyrmetros

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
I'm not concerned with the atmosphere. That's out of my control.
If enough people want to help take control of it, we will have an atmosphere again. But to each their own.

Old
08-21-2010, 06:43 PM
nexusrage21

Maybe someone can help me out here:

I know if you purchase one of the half-season plans you can split it between two payments, does anyone know how it is split?

50-50? 35-65? Or is it not a set amount? This would be very helpful to me to know.

Old
08-21-2010, 06:46 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusrage21 View Post
Maybe someone can help me out here:

I know if you purchase one of the half-season plans you can split it between two payments, does anyone know how it is split?

50-50? 35-65? Or is it not a set amount? This would be very helpful to me to know.
Split 50-50.

Also that new 3-d Garden view finder is really cool and much more accurate than anything weve had in the past

08-24-2010, 12:52 PM
khaain

Hi there, me and my family is visiting new york in november, and we were thinking about watching the rangers vs. wasington on the 9th of november, now for the question wich way is the best to get tickets to this game? Should i call the boxoffice, or check ticketmaster.com or is there any other website that have tickets for sale ?

/ Fredrik

Old
08-24-2010, 01:23 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaain View Post
Hi there, me and my family is visiting new york in november, and we were thinking about watching the rangers vs. wasington on the 9th of november, now for the question wich way is the best to get tickets to this game? Should i call the boxoffice, or check ticketmaster.com or is there any other website that have tickets for sale ?

/ Fredrik
look on this board at the individual game tickets for sale thread. best chance to get tickets for face value

Old
08-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Greg NYR

was offered and purchased a 12 game plan in 413 today. included a free pre-season game and the home opener.

Old
08-25-2010, 06:12 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg NYR View Post
was offered and purchased a 12 game plan in 413 today. included a free pre-season game and the home opener.
From the Rangers or from a season ticket holder?

Old
08-25-2010, 07:00 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
From the Rangers or from a season ticket holder?
Probably the Rangers Box Office... They called me yesterday too offering partial plans... I spoke with a guy named ATIF (pronounced A-TEEF) and he definitely sounded like he was reading his sentences off a pre-written notecard.... I declined as I'm buying tickets from another season ticket holder... But I think my # on the waitlist was like 400 out of 900 or something?

Old
08-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Giacomin

The Rangers called me today and I am a STH. Ateef explained to me that I must have checked yes to a partial plan a few years ago. The Seats they were offering were garbage anyway.

Old
08-25-2010, 08:27 PM
ruckus*

So cool story. I have a new ticket rep this year who wasn't at his desk when I re-newed my tickets.

Instead some new guy helped me.

I made sure to ask him if I would be charged immediately. He told me no, that this waiver/contract that he had explained to me earlier would be e-mailed to me and that I would not be charged until I had printed that form, signed it, and faxed it back.

I told him good, because I use my debit card and I need to make sure to transfer funds.

So that was last week, and I still haven't received the e-mail.

BUT I did get my bank account emptied by MSG who charged the tickets to my account, completely going against what I was told by this person.

I've got overdraft protection but still, the premise of it pisses me off.

Old
08-25-2010, 09:31 PM
nexusrage21

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
So cool story. I have a new ticket rep this year who wasn't at his desk when I re-newed my tickets.

Instead some new guy helped me.

I made sure to ask him if I would be charged immediately. He told me no, that this waiver/contract that he had explained to me earlier would be e-mailed to me and that I would not be charged until I had printed that form, signed it, and faxed it back.

I told him good, because I use my debit card and I need to make sure to transfer funds.

So that was last week, and I still haven't received the e-mail.

BUT I did get my bank account emptied by MSG who charged the tickets to my account, completely going against what I was told by this person.

I've got overdraft protection but still, the premise of it pisses me off.
They sent me the form right away, maybe within 20 minutes. I would check with them on that front.

As far as them charging already, that's messed up. I was hoping that they would have charged me right away, but still haven't yet. I don't like having money in my bank account that is already spent.

Old
08-25-2010, 10:37 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
a free preseason game that you have to pay for as part of the 12 game package ? or a free preseason game that is games #13 in a 12 game package ??

Old
08-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Greg NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
a free preseason game that you have to pay for as part of the 12 game package ? or a free preseason game that is games #13 in a 12 game package ??
free as in its a 13 game package, i was surprised as well because i know subscribers have been getting charged for them the past few years

Old
08-27-2010, 04:48 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
free as in its a 13 game package, i was surprised as well because i know subscribers have been getting charged for them the past few years
wow wtf!!

Old
08-27-2010, 04:56 PM
17futurecap

Wow good for you getting the free preseason game, but are you kidding me a 12 game ticket holder gets a free preseason game, and us season ticket holders have to buy all 3, come on.

Old
08-27-2010, 05:09 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Wow good for you getting the free preseason game, but are you kidding me a 12 game ticket holder gets a free preseason game, and us season ticket holders have to buy all 3, come on.
Well, one thing to consider is that the mini-plan holders are paying $45 a pop for the $37 full-season tickets so 12 x $7 = $84... But I agree, you shouldn't have to pay for pre-season games....

Old
08-27-2010, 05:15 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Well, one thing to consider is that the mini-plan holders are paying $45 a pop for the $37 full-season tickets so 12 x $7 = $84... But I agree, you shouldn't have to pay for pre-season games....
Ahh, did not know prices were different from season prices, just figured they had individual prices and package prices, but I just hate the three preseason games being full price.

Old
08-27-2010, 05:20 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Ahh, did not know prices were different from season prices, just figured they had individual prices and package prices, but I just hate the three preseason games being full price.
Yup, it's tiered... The 22 game plan tickets are somewhere between the $37 (FULL-PLAN) and $45 (MINI-PLAN)... Don't remember the exact amount...

The real travesty is the price you have to pay through Ticketmaster.... Individual tickets in the 400's purchased through TM are going to be $60+ this year... Really encourages new fans to start attending games at MSG! =\

Old
08-27-2010, 05:49 PM
nyrmetros

$37 - full season
$43 - Half Season
$45 - mini plan

Old
08-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Giacomin

Two seperate co-workers of mine called today inquiring about mini-plans and the seat selection is 2 sections better if you want the 22 plan than the 12 game plan. Interestedly another co-worker(I work with a lot of Rangers fans) got full seasons last week in section 340 as a first time buyer. He was very persistent as he kept telling his assigned Rep. He only wanted 300,s or 400,s and even left his CC Card info on file and told his rep if anything becomes available don,t call just put the order in immediately and then call later. His rep called and said they had a last minute cancellation. I wonder if any other first time STH,s had similiar experiences this year. Both mini plans were purchased but I am not sure of the individual price but they were in the 400,s.

Old
08-27-2010, 05:57 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusrage21 View Post
They sent me the form right away, maybe within 20 minutes. I would check with them on that front.

As far as them charging already, that's messed up. I was hoping that they would have charged me right away, but still haven't yet. I don't like having money in my bank account that is already spent.
Yeah well the guy who helped me intially put me on hold and informed me that I had a new ticket rep this year. He then told me that my rep was away from his desk but that he would help me.

When he explained the waiver thing and then told me I wouldn't be charged til afterwards, he said that the waiver should be there by the end of the day and that if it wasn't not to worry because everything was already in the system.

My issue is I feel like complaining doesn't do anything, and the guy who helped me actually was pretty good. He said he was new and he sounded really young and I'm not going to throw the kid under the bus.

It turned out to be an inconvenience for me, but then again, I guess that sums up just about everything when it comes to being a fan of this team.

Old
08-27-2010, 06:00 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Well at least you had that overcharge protection on your account... Would be a real P.I.T.A. trying to get your bank to credit the charge that most of us would incur if our checking account was over-charged...

Old
08-27-2010, 06:04 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Well at least you had that overcharge protection on your account... Would be a real P.I.T.A. trying to get your bank to credit the charge that most of us would incur if our checking account was over-charged...
Yeah absolutely, which is why the premise of it pissed me off.

For someone like me, who is fairly young, and doesn't make a whole lot, paying a thousand dollars for a mini plan is a pretty big deal.

Having to deal with that on top of it would've been a disaster.

Old
08-28-2010, 10:47 AM
patnyrnyg

Tickets will be available or pick-up on 9/2.

Old
08-29-2010, 08:02 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I will probably be selling some games again this year:

Sec 302, Row B, 6 & 7

Face value mostly ($124 per pair), PM for premium games, a bit more

Opening night gone.

Thanks

Closed Thread