HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

CSN Rangers Preview

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-26-2010, 07:26 AM
  #1
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 4,521
vCash: 500
CSN Rangers Preview

Nice article here - predicting the Rangers @ 9th.

http://www.csnwashington.com/08/25/1...23&feedID=5139

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 07:51 AM
  #2
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,121
vCash: 500
Kind of weird that they're comparing every team to the Caps.

Also don't really think Washington's defense is that much better than the Rangers...right now, Green's offensive numbers make it look good but as a defensive unit, ehhh

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 08:00 AM
  #3
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,236
vCash: 50
Quote:
King Henrik isnt just the only goaltender in the NHL to have 30 wins, a save percentage of better than .910 and goals against average of lower than 2.45 in all five seasons since the lockout hes the only netminder to reach those numbers in four of the five seasons.

See this is the consistency that puts Henrik in a league above goaltenders like Kipper, MA Fleury, ect.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 08:02 AM
  #4
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Kind of weird that they're comparing every team to the Caps.

Also don't really think Washington's defense is that much better than the Rangers...right now, Green's offensive numbers make it look good but as a defensive unit, ehhh
But we can never beat them in ze playoffs!! They are so much better than us OMG. We shouldn't even try to make playoffs bc they are soooooo good and we are sooo baddddddddd!

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 08:12 AM
  #5
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Kind of weird that they're comparing every team to the Caps.

Also don't really think Washington's defense is that much better than the Rangers...right now, Green's offensive numbers make it look good but as a defensive unit, ehhh
It's CSN Washington, it says "Wizards Redskins Capitals" right across the top of the page.

All in all, though, I'd say it's actually a decent write-up from someone who's not generally covering the Rangers specifically.

__________________

RANGERS =

Last edited by we want cup: 08-26-2010 at 08:21 AM.
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 09:13 AM
  #6
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
It's CSN Washington, it says "Wizards Redskins Capitals" right across the top of the page.

All in all, though, I'd say it's actually a decent write-up from someone who's not generally covering the Rangers specifically.
Absolutely... They give props where they should, expose the rather numerous question marks & discuss some players and some topics that aren't widely talked about at this point (I.e. Redden being sent down, drury being horrible and the wildcard addition of MZA)

Surprisingly good write up. At least they did their homework

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 09:21 AM
  #7
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Surprisingly good write up. At least they did their homework
Except in their projected lineup.

Anisimov at 3rd line RW?

Dubinsky 2nd line center I understand but Torts has already said he's almost definitely going to be on the wing this year.

Prust not in the projected lineup? Not happening.

Other than that it wasn't awful..

Well except for our singing of the leagues most brittle star. I love singing about brittle stars. I kid, I kid, I'm nitpicking.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 09:25 AM
  #8
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,234
vCash: 500
Not a bad article but the projected lineup is somewhat wrong because it would leave us over the cap. Also I think the two defensive units are pretty much even in terms of defense, but the Caps would have the advantage on offense (obviously because of Green) so I guess that's why they have the advantage overall...

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 09:29 AM
  #9
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue
 
N9Y4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Gold Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 936
vCash: 500
This is one of the better assesments of the Rangers that I have seen...and it's coming from a Caps perspective.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 09:53 AM
  #10
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
It's CSN Washington, it says "Wizards Redskins Capitals" right across the top of the page.
Oh I know that, I just think it's a little weird they're going through all the teams and comparing them to the Caps.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 10:09 AM
  #11
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Except in their projected lineup.

Anisimov at 3rd line RW?

Dubinsky 2nd line center I understand but Torts has already said he's almost definitely going to be on the wing this year.

Prust not in the projected lineup? Not happening.

Other than that it wasn't awful..

Well except for our singing of the leagues most brittle star. I love singing about brittle stars. I kid, I kid, I'm nitpicking.
Yeah... I skipped reading the projected lineup (as I do on the boards as well lol) just due to the fact that even Torts doesn't know that at the moment. But you're right they have a few guys wayyyyyyy out of position.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 10:10 AM
  #12
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov
 
Jarkko Immonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 3,043
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Oh I know that, I just think it's a little weird they're going through all the teams and comparing them to the Caps.
Targeting readers, etc.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 10:54 AM
  #13
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Yeah... I skipped reading the projected lineup (as I do on the boards as well lol) just due to the fact that even Torts doesn't know that at the moment. But you're right they have a few guys wayyyyyyy out of position.
aka Redden

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:03 PM
  #14
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
See this is the consistency that puts Henrik in a league above goaltenders like Kipper, MA Fleury, ect.
And, despite this year, he's more consistent than Miller.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:09 PM
  #15
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,494
vCash: 500
Besides the line combo this guys has got his info right on the Rangers. Not a bad write up. I think its pretty fair assessment too coming from a Caps perspective.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:43 PM
  #16
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Nice article here - predicting the Rangers @ 9th.

http://www.csnwashington.com/08/25/1...23&feedID=5139
The worst possible spot: you fail to make the playoffs, yet you don't get a decent draft pick.

Tank! Tank! Tank!

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:54 PM
  #17
DrZoidberg
Registered User
 
DrZoidberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
The worst possible spot: you fail to make the playoffs, yet you don't get a decent draft pick.

Tank! Tank! Tank!
I don't know if you're serious, but are you a fan or what?

DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 02:28 PM
  #18
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
The worst possible spot: you fail to make the playoffs, yet you don't get a decent draft pick.

Tank! Tank! Tank!
I cant get on the tank wagon just yet. Lets play out half the year at least for crying out loud. lol geeze.

I'll let you know in February though.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 02:47 PM
  #19
Black Tank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: a NYer in England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,163
vCash: 500
Toronto ahead of Montreal is going to have a lot of fans going crazy.

I don't mind 9th at this point, it's realistic in a very tough division and conference. We simply don't have enough top end scoring to contend.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 11:27 PM
  #20
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I cant get on the tank wagon just yet. Lets play out half the year at least for crying out loud. lol geeze.

I'll let you know in February though.

Yeah, there's always a chance Brian Boyle will turn into Gordie Howe.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:37 AM
  #21
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 4,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Yeah, there's always a chance Brian Boyle will turn into Gordie Howe.
No, but there is a chance that Christensen has a career year, Frolov regains his form, Zukes is a top 6 forward, McDonagh makes the team, Stepan impresses, etc...

How can a real Rangers fan give up on the upcoming season in August? C'mon, people.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 08:26 AM
  #22
jacko23
KCCO!
 
jacko23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Greensboro, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Oh I know that, I just think it's a little weird they're going through all the teams and comparing them to the Caps.
would it make more sense for a washington newspaper to compare any team to the colorado avalanche?

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.