HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Atlanta - Ottawa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-26-2010, 10:59 PM
  #26
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
and patty eaves scored 20 in 58 games in his rookie season. What's your point?
The point, and the reason why Atlanta doesn't do this deal, is that Bergfors is a good young player that we value. Michalek is a good forward with exploding knees. We value Bergfors more than we want Michalek.

I would much rather trade for clowe or someone.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 11:04 PM
  #27
Kezia
egg
 
Kezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,861
vCash: 50
Michalek as elements most people dont know about. Top 5 in speed, Loves to crash the net, great 2-way game, tough and can play physical.

Kezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 11:30 PM
  #28
Belak Attack
:walrus:
 
Belak Attack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto, Canadia.
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
And he's not going to be able to play like that much longer, because of all these injuries...

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 11:55 PM
  #29
This
That
 
This's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Around.
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belak Attack View Post
And he's not going to be able to play like that much longer, because of all these injuries...
Speculation is fun... are you an expert?

This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:17 AM
  #30
Stassino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, On
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashers94 View Post
I would rather keep Bergie at this point. He's not the one coming off a knee surgery.
Maybe you haven't played any sports before but knee injuries are the easiest to rehab and when done properly RARELY reinjure (done properly meaning; with surgery, which he had) its nothing like a shoulder problem or a concussion problem..

We have next to zero need for bergfors as we have better dmen in the prospect pool.. much..

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 09:14 AM
  #31
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)
 
ErikKarlsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belak Attack View Post
And he's not going to be able to play like that much longer, because of all these injuries...
In the last 5 years he has missed 1, 3, 2, 5, and 16 regular season games.

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 09:18 AM
  #32
dookie88
Registered User
 
dookie88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,717
vCash: 500
Michalek is really underrated.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 09:48 AM
  #33
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,067
vCash: 500
I agree with Sens fans here.

A big, fast, physical forward who put up around 50-60pts a year...for 4mil. Great contract and people are talking about his injuries?! Like another poster said knee injuries are not a big deal usually if rehabed properly. Prior to last year he's been very healthy.

Brutal deal for the Sens. As a secondary Sens fan though I'd love to see Eager for Shannon. He'd add another intimadating forward to the corps, something I think they need. Especially come playoff time.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 09:52 AM
  #34
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,781
vCash: 500
Only on HF would a guy be criticized for the way Michalek plays.

"Damaged goods because he drives to the net too hard with tremendous speed! WHO WANTS A GUY LIKE THAT!?"

Which is funny because the same posters would then turn around and complain that another guy doesn't play more like Michalek in another thread.


DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 10:18 AM
  #35
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,915
vCash: 500
Yeah...really it doesn't matter if Atlanta fans value Bergfors over Michalek, this deal wouldn't happen in a million years. Michalek is an awesome player with passion and drive who's just finishing rehabbing his 'exploding knees'. We're good thanks.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 11:53 AM
  #36
Belak Attack
:walrus:
 
Belak Attack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto, Canadia.
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
In the last 5 years he has missed 1, 3, 2, 5, and 16 regular season games.
Yes, but it's not some imaginary fact that he has BAD knees. One wrong move and he's on LTIR. I'm not saying he's a bad player or anything. I like Michalek a lot, but you have to take those injuries into consideration. Why else does no one want Sheldon Souray?

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 11:56 AM
  #37
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belak Attack View Post
Yes, but it's not some imaginary fact that he has BAD knees. One wrong move and he's on LTIR. I'm not saying he's a bad player or anything. I like Michalek a lot, but you have to take those injuries into consideration. Why else does no one want Sheldon Souray?
Really? You are comparing the most injury riddled person in the league to Michalek. Maybe Michalek has knee problems, but his wrists sure are not made of metal...lol.

Anyone can have one wrong move and be on LTIR, whats your point?!

Michalek doesn't have a history of bad injuries so there is no comparison.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 01:54 PM
  #38
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 25,928
vCash: 500
At the end of the day, Michalek has the potential to rack up 30-35 goals and 70ish points. While playing in all situations and making a breakaway out of nothing. Bergfors hasn't shown that yet and probably won't. Not to mention that Michalek is a scoring power forward which are much more valuable than just a regular scorer. See: Bobby Ryan trade proposals.

I won't touch this proposal at all.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 02:05 PM
  #39
kyle747
Registered User
 
kyle747's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belak Attack View Post
Yes, but it's not some imaginary fact that he has BAD knees. One wrong move and he's on LTIR. I'm not saying he's a bad player or anything. I like Michalek a lot, but you have to take those injuries into consideration. Why else does no one want Sheldon Souray?
because he's seen as a problem child. true or not he's seen as being all about himself

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.