HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

ccm u+

Old
08-27-2010, 08:41 PM
thebackstromsauce

vCash: 500
ccm u+

ok... don't tear me to shreds in a lynch mob, but at sportchek... not my lhs (blasphemy i know on this forum) they had a deal where one may purchase a ccm u+ for a cheap price... i'm looking for some info on the stick if anyone has any, bear in mind that this is the original u+ not the CL
thanks

thebackstromsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Maupin Fan
Hot Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebackstromsauce View Post
ok... don't tear me to shreds in a lynch mob, but at sportchek... not my lhs (blasphemy i know on this forum) they had a deal where one may purchase a ccm u+ for a cheap price... i'm looking for some info on the stick if anyone has any, bear in mind that this is the original u+ not the CL
thanks
Blade is awful.

Maupin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 08:54 AM
hoonking

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebackstromsauce View Post
thanks
No one cares if you buy it at SportsChek or CTire or where ever, as long as you don't try out the gear and go buy it cheaper online.

hoonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Saved

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandcrusaders82 View Post
Blade is awful.
Really?

Here's a video of my CCM U+

I use nothing but CCM U+ sticks and I'm still using the one in that video today.

Saved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 01:03 PM
blueberrydanish

I have heard and seen from others at my rink that they break pretty easy.

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Saved

A lot of people don't understand how to properly shoot, receive passes etc and as such, are more prone to breaking sticks.

All sticks are engineered to break; it's a safety feature built in to prevent people from getting impaled.

With that said, if you are an above average player or at least know how to PROPERLY shoot, you will not break the U+ more over any other stick.

Old
08-28-2010, 02:52 PM
blueberrydanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rented Mule View Post
A lot of people don't understand how to properly shoot, receive passes etc and as such, are more prone to breaking sticks.

All sticks are engineered to break; it's a safety feature built in to prevent people from getting impaled.

With that said, if you are an above average player or at least know how to PROPERLY shoot, you will not break the U+ more over any other stick.
Ya these people know how to play...gonna stick with what Ive seen and heard. Also to throw out there, one guy Im friends with has gone through 2(got a replacement for free cause of warranty on first) and yet a nearly 2 yearold XXV has held up for him. His XXXX lasted quite some time too till it got snapped in a collision.

Old
08-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Maupin Fan
Hot Air

Quote:

So you are suggesting that all sticks break at about the same rate? Materials and construction have nothing to do with the breakage rate?? Please.

The hollow heel of the blade is where I have seen several of these sticks break. In this case, the gimmick didn't work. See flaw, engineering.

Interesting to note the hollow heel didn't make it to the updated version, the u+ cl.

Maupin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Saved

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandcrusaders82 View Post
So you are suggesting that all sticks break at about the same rate? Materials and construction have nothing to do with the breakage rate?? Please.

The hollow heel of the blade is where I have seen several of these sticks break. In this case, the gimmick didn't work. See flaw, engineering.

Interesting to note the hollow heel didn't make it to the updated version, the u+ cl.
The heel is not hollow on the normal U+. It is filled with the same expoxy resin that the CL is filled with. The first batch had bad performance due to that issue and it was fixed.

You're most likely hearing information from people who tried the first generation of the stick

Listen and do whatever you want with the info I have given you. if you wanted a bad review, just listen to a few friends, not some former pro.

Old
08-29-2010, 09:55 AM
blueberrydanish

Quote:
The heel is not hollow on the normal U+. It is filled with the same expoxy resin that the CL is filled with. The first batch had bad performance due to that issue and it was fixed.

You're most likely hearing information from people who tried the first generation of the stick

Listen and do whatever you want with the info I have given you. if you wanted a bad review, just listen to a few friends, not some former pro.
For my instances this was not long ago at all so its not just the first gen U+ that people have issues with.