HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radulov signs 2 year extension with Ufa

Closed Thread

Old
08-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Russian Pred
¡No Pasarán!

vCash: 500
Still keeping hope alive that Radu will come back to Nashville. We need his skill set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=791Pn5Jo_n0&NR=1

Old
08-21-2010, 12:28 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I'm not so sure we NEED his skill set. We aren't exactly a desperate basement dweller. We sure could put it to good use, though.

Of course that all depends on how responsible he is on the back end

Old
08-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'm not so sure we NEED his skill set.
every team needs his skill set.

Old
08-22-2010, 09:31 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Radulov Interview

over at

www.dobberhockey.com

check it out !

the content on the site changes often so don't wait

edit
I found it on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYRue...layer_embedded

Old
08-22-2010, 10:14 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=801983&page=3
Been posted in this thread already
post #73

Old
08-23-2010, 11:34 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

yup, I didn't check

I figured it better to be posted twice, than not at all

Old
08-24-2010, 12:11 AM
kivaerijo

there is one thing i can agree with him on....forsberg is/was an absolute stud!

Old
08-27-2010, 09:11 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'm not so sure we NEED his skill set. We aren't exactly a desperate basement dweller. We sure could put it to good use, though.

Of course that all depends on how responsible he is on the back end
We've only had one guy score over 30 goals (Sullivan). Only 2 other guys score over 20 goals twice in their career (Dumont, Erat). Dumont and Sullivan are only getting worse. We were shut out the playoffs twice. I would say we need his skill set.

Old
08-27-2010, 09:27 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
We've only had one guy score over 30 goals (Sullivan) .
Arnott got 33 goals. Kariya got 31

Old
08-27-2010, 09:58 PM
dulzhok

speaking currently on the roster.

Old
08-27-2010, 11:03 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

It was a joke, guys. Settle down.

Old
08-29-2010, 09:49 PM
thewall

Question?? Will Radulov be back in 2011-12???

Hey guys.. i'm in a fantasy keepers league and i've got a question for you Preds fans... Do you think Radulov will come back in the NHL with the Preds next season?

I want to draft him in the late rounds for next year.. what are the odds of him comming back?? Have you heard any rumors or speculations about his eventual comeback in the NHL. I know he is in his last year of his 3 year contract in the KHL...

thanks ahead for the Info!

Old
08-30-2010, 02:36 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

In the video I posted he makes his point that he wants his window to the NHL open after his final year in the KHL. If he wants it to stay open he obviously has to come back. So I personally think he will come back because deep down he knows which league is the best in the world and its not the KHL.

Old
08-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Frank Grimey Grimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
That's a point I just mentioned on the trade board that's being lost in the mix. The initial Radulov deal was a sticking point in the transfer agreement between Russia and the USA, initially. Eventually, the agreement was, "Okay, from now on, we won't poach players with valid contracts...but the Radulov deal stands."

Signing a new contract in the KHL would be a violation of that agreement, and would subject Russia to being disqualified from all IIHF tournaments.
Isn't it the case that there is currently no transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL? I was under the impression that either league are able to poach players out of existing contracts, much like what happened in the case of Radulov, merely at the risk of the IIHF refusing the transfer, but not at the risk of national disqualification from IIHF tournaments.

Is this incorrect? If what barrytrotzsneck said is true, Radulov coming back next year is almost a certainty. If not, it's harder to say what will happen, although his interviews sound promising.

Old
09-02-2010, 01:13 AM
SSK-Peter

I saw Radulov 2 weeks ago

Salavat Yulaev Ufa played a pre-season game against Södertaälje SK (SSK) in Uppsala Sweden.
Salavat was recently named the no.1 team in Europe and by god it showed. They had a 2-0 lead after 3 minutes and then turned down the heat a few notches. The game ended 4-0 and that was flattering figures for SSK.
In the best team in Europe there was one guy that stood out, Radulov. He didn't score but had two amazing assists to 2-0 (Patrick Thoresen) and 4-0 (Robert Nilsson) and he was the dominating force out there. He was doing figure eights around SSK.
He was a joy to watch and I can only congratulate the Predators if he was to return.

Old
09-02-2010, 06:52 AM
MrJoshua

I hope he's been working on his skating. Getting a more mature Radulov back would be nice, but getting a more mature Radulov who has also worked on becoming a better skater could be awesome. He's always had hands but his skating was so-so at the NHL level. If his feet could just catch up with his hands, he could be a really good player in the NHL.

Old
09-14-2010, 02:02 PM
HVR

correct me if im wrong but couldnt radulov potentially return this year since his season in russia will be over before the nhls therefore fulfilling his one year remaining on his nashville contract.

that would be quite a boost for nashvilles playoff drive!

Old
09-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVR View Post
correct me if im wrong but couldnt radulov potentially return this year since his season in russia will be over before the nhls therefore fulfilling his one year remaining on his nashville contract.

that would be quite a boost for nashvilles playoff drive!
Yes, but unless he was already signed to an extension it would be a poor choice for Nashville since he still owes them a year at ~$875k before he becomes an RFA.

Additionally, I would have to defer to the players and coaching staff here, but I'm not necessarily sure bringing him in in the middle of the season is going to be the best option either since it will obviously alter our top-six and potentially set off a wave of roster shuffling that could disrupt team chemistry...

Old
09-14-2010, 02:12 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Yes, but unless he was already signed to an extension it would be a poor choice for Nashville since he still owes them a year at ~$875k before he becomes an RFA.

Additionally, I would have to defer to the players and coaching staff here, but I'm not necessarily sure bringing him in in the middle of the season is going to be the best option either since it will obviously alter our top-six and potentially set off a wave of roster shuffling that could disrupt team chemistry...
I believe he would also have to clear waivers, after not having been on the roster prior to December 15.

Old
09-14-2010, 03:28 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Even then this is not the AHL where the purpose is to develop players, it is the NHL, the end result, the main reason for development. You stick with what brought you here.

Or do I have to pull out the most painfully acted part of 'Miracle' where the players refuse to add a superior hockey player to the 'family' of team USA?

Old
09-14-2010, 04:10 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Even then this is not the AHL where the purpose is to develop players, it is the NHL, the end result, the main reason for development. You stick with what brought you here.

Or do I have to pull out the most painfully acted part of 'Miracle' where the players refuse to add a superior hockey player to the 'family' of team USA?
By that logic, no one would ever make trades at the deadline. Regardless of the season we were having, if there were nothing to prevent us from doing so, I'd have to think we'd bring Radulov back as an added boost. Might it mean derailing Joel Ward's 16 goal season? Sure, but it's a risk you take.

Old
09-14-2010, 04:19 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
By that logic, no one would ever make trades at the deadline. Regardless of the season we were having, if there were nothing to prevent us from doing so, I'd have to think we'd bring Radulov back as an added boost. Might it mean derailing Joel Ward's 16 goal season? Sure, but it's a risk you take.
The difference between this and a trade is that there is emotional baggage. I don't care how you play it, what the quotes say, and what face the team puts on it, there is some emotions attached to this. In addition, just because a team makes a trade does not mean the team is better immediately. Most teams tend to lag after a trade to get the player adjusted to the play.

I will not waste work time for a year. I will not spend a year of service for 20-30 games of play.

Old
09-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Yeah I'd much prefer to have Radulov for a full year than a few weeks at best... if Rad's team makes it deep into their playoffs then we wouldn't even have him for our regular season

Old
09-15-2010, 02:51 PM
HVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
The difference between this and a trade is that there is emotional baggage. I don't care how you play it, what the quotes say, and what face the team puts on it, there is some emotions attached to this. In addition, just because a team makes a trade does not mean the team is better immediately. Most teams tend to lag after a trade to get the player adjusted to the play.

I will not waste work time for a year. I will not spend a year of service for 20-30 games of play.
isnt more than half the team gone from 3 years ago ? and wouldnt this type of situation help nashvilles ability to get him signed to an extension?

whether we agree or not with what happened one would think that radulov has some power in this situation as a player of this calibre tends to call some of the shots no?

Old
09-15-2010, 02:53 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVR View Post
isnt more than half the team gone from 3 years ago ? and wouldnt this type of situation help nashvilles ability to get him signed to an extension?

whether we agree or not with what happened one would think that radulov has some power in this situation as a player of this calibre tends to call some of the shots no?
Not really, not as an RFA...

Closed Thread