HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game Night Thread: NYR vs. NJD

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2003, 05:09 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Let's just review the point that Chris Simon is a ****ing idiot.

Agreed? Ok, good.

Old
10-01-2003, 05:10 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
How in God's name did Rosie get called for that? Martin grabs his stick, falls, and Rosie get's called? Fraser, you are a genius of a ref.

Old
10-01-2003, 06:47 PM
ihatenewjersey

purinton looked real sloppy out there, tjutin looked good, and lindy looked good.

does anyone know if the game at continental on fri. is televised????????

Old
10-02-2003, 04:05 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
All in all not a terrible game but the first two goals shouldn't have happened. I was totally unimpressed with Hlavac, Carter, Nedved, Kasper and Dale tonight. They did nothing and the 3 forwards had more ice time than anyone else. They were practically invisible out there tonight. Lindros had a good game and so did Holik and Lundmark. Barnaby still doesn't look like the Barnaby of last year to me.

Old
10-02-2003, 05:29 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
Let's just review the point that Chris Simon is a ****ing idiot.
I'm really losing patience with him. I'm also losing patience with Hlavac. Can't handle the puck, turnovers galore, shot is always when if he even gets it off, etc. Right now, I think Petro would be a lot more productive in that spot.

Last nights defense was a house of horrors. Kasparitis and Purinton is a pairing I better never see again as long as I live. Mironov and Malakhov have already started mailing games in. Tjuitin looked average at best when saddled with Poti, but I really can't imagine anyone in their right mind starts him ahead of Dale until Leetch is back. We missed deVreis, BAD, which is a frightening statement.

Old
10-02-2003, 05:34 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Last nights defense was a house of horrors. Kasparitis and Purinton is a pairing I better never see again as long as I live. Mironov and Malakhov have already started mailing games in. Tjuitin looked average at best when saddled with Poti, but I really can't imagine anyone in their right mind starts him ahead of Dale until Leetch is back. We missed deVreis, BAD, which is a frightening statement.
Agreed. Dale and Kasper did not look good. Horrible miscommunication leading to a Devils goal. However the replay showed that the Devils player was originally picked up by a Rangers forward. Who was that forward and then why did he let the Dev player go? That is what lead to Purinton being saddled w/ 2 Devils.
Y'all know my opinion of the Ambiguos Russian Defensless Duo. However the way they played last night is not by usual rant against them. Despite Malacough's goal, I thought that they were atrocious. And I don't want to hear Dale bashing until Bobo's giveaway that led to Larionov's goal is addressed.
I neve thought that DeVries would anchor out defense that much. Tyutin came back down to Earth in a big way last night.

Old
10-02-2003, 08:07 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
. And I don't want to hear Dale bashing until Bobo's giveaway that led to Larionov's goal is addressed.
I neve thought that DeVries would anchor out defense that much. Tyutin came back down to Earth in a big way last night.
Are you kidding me?Boris knocked the puck down and Larionov poke checked it away immediately for the breakout.The only reason dale wouldn't have made that play is because he doesn't even have the coordination to even knock the puck out of the air.

You can try and give the 2 men with Dale excuse all you want but the fact of the matter is Dale had the guy going to the net and released him in favor of going after the forward who was furthe out on the perimeter.It was just a ridiculous read of the play and it is fundamentals 101.

And that was just one of Dale's many plays that can only be discribed as disgusting.He was absolutely terrible last night ad has been since the middle of last year.

The guy can't handle the ouck at all and his skating looks even worse than last year.How about him barrelling over his own F'in goalie because he couldn't stay with his man going to the net?How about on the Langenbruner goal when Dale was doig his usual "back in" style of D he plays as to not get absolutely toasted thus leaving Jamie a ton of room to get off that slapper??

Even you TB can't defend this guy this year.He is not a top 6 defender in the NHL other than maybe an expansion team.He was a debacle every time on the ice and while the MM boys have had their rough spots it is nothing short of hysterical to try and make it seem as if they've been anywhere as bad as Dale who has not done ONE thing positive.

Old
10-02-2003, 08:16 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
. I'm also losing patience with Hlavac.
Right now, I think Petro would be a lot more productive in that spot.

We missed deVreis, BAD, which is a frightening statement.
Hlavac has yet to get going an that is somewhat alarming b/c I think he needs a good start to regain his confidence but either way no way is Petro a better fit in that spot and I think we saw that last yr.Petro is a 4th line energy guy who can't be on one of your top 2 lines.

And as for deVries, why is that scary.He's been very steady back there and has the tools to be a big addition to our defense.Right now he's keeping his game simple and thriving b/c of it.He is a very good skater for his size and has been solid w/his body work.

Old
10-02-2003, 08:44 AM
True Blue

"Even you TB can't defend this guy this year"

In another thread I already mentioned that even I have been disappointed in what little I've seen of Dale. However, last night was the only night that I have seen him play.

"He is not a top 6 defender in the NHL other than maybe an expansion team"

I think he is a capable #6, training camp not withstanding. Yes, he has had a rough camp. But his play has been no worse than the M&M boys, IMO. You can't just use Dale's poor play as an indicatory of Malanob & Miranob. The fact of the matter is that their play has been pretty poor. Read: This has NOTHING to do w/ Purinton. That they appeared as apathetic as they did last night, says that they are together, they are getting paid, so why should they try hard? The Ambiguously Defenseless Russian Duo MAY have played better than Dale, but not by much.

"And that was just one of Dale's many plays that can only be discribed as disgusting."

I'm sure that you have ample examples of his many disgusting plays, yes?

"Hlavac has yet to get going an that is somewhat alarming "

It could be that the Hlavac that we've seen in Philly, Vancouver, & Carolina is the real deal and the Hlavac that we've seen here as a membere of the Chezcmates is the true aberation.

"And as for deVries, why is that scary.He's been very steady back there and has the tools to be a big addition to our defense."

I can't argue what he has shown in camp. However the reason that the thought of him being the anchor so far is scary is because the fact remains that he is NOT a #1, 2, or 3 d-man. He is a pretty good #5. He has shown so far that he CAN be a #4. But what does that say about our supposed #'s 1-3? Especially w/o Leetchie?

Old
10-02-2003, 09:02 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
no way is Petro a better fit in that spot and I think we saw that last yr.Petro is a 4th line energy guy who can't be on one of your top 2 lines.
If Hlavac was simply knocking some people around, at least I could say he's making a contribution. You know you're going to get at least that much from Petro, nevermind the fact that he did has spurts of success with Nedved. I won't say he's the best fit or even my first option, but we need something out of guy who's going to play that many minutes. It's time for Jan to earn that spot, perhaps even win it back.

Old
10-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
And as for deVries, why is that scary.
Forgot about deVries. Oops.

deVries is following the path we all predicted. He's a standount among a group that couldn't play defense to save their lives, so somehow that makes him the next Scott Stevens in Sather's eyes. He's promoted to 1st pairing, argubaly #1 d-man on the team right now, and from what I saw last night, has become the make-or-break player for Renney's defense to even operate. I'm not saying he can't do it, but expectations have already been raised to astronomical levels for a guy that pretty much all of us agree is a #4 d-man coming in at best.

Old
10-02-2003, 12:44 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

does anyone know the lines from the game?

Old
10-02-2003, 07:41 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

The forward on the goal in question (the one where everyone is complaining about Purinton) was Lundmark, he didn't put pressure on the player who got the puck after Holik lost the draw. Kaspar also wandered away (from the front of the net) on the play too.

Anyone who says that the Rangers didn't play a bad game, didn't watch the 1st period. No one was in synch, players were wandering around aimlessly and at half speed. Another night where the group decided that playing a full 60 minutes was way too much work for them.

Yep, an effort that Dolan should have been proud to watch.

Old
10-03-2003, 06:37 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
The forward on the goal in question (the one where everyone is complaining about Purinton) was Lundmark, he didn't put pressure on the player who got the puck after Holik lost the draw. Kaspar also wandered away (from the front of the net) on the play too.
Kaspar picked up a man going to the net on the right side of the ice.Dale had 2 guys in his proximity and when presented with the choice of who to guard he chose to completely release his man that was going to the net in favoring of trying to defend against the player who was in the faceoff circle leaving Berglund all alone infront to redirect the goal.

Lundy should have picked up the guy uphigh but only Doofy Dale would chose to pickup a guy in the faceoff dot as oppossed to staying with the guy he was already guarding and chose to release to stand infront of Dunham with nobody within 5 ft of him!

Old
10-03-2003, 07:11 AM
True Blue

JR, I'm not going to start the 3D. However, you ARE making excuses. I saw the play. Lundmark clearly picked Berglund, however for whatever reason chose to let him go. Dale wound up w/ 2 people if front of him. So the beginning of the problem was Jaime, like it or not. The next part is the tricky one. Dale went to pick up the forward that Lundmark relased, thinking that Kasper would pick up the rear person in front of the net. Here's the problem. Kasper was NOT near his side of the net. Kasper wandered off. Purinton thought that Kasper would pick up the man. Kasper did not. I have no idea who was right or wrong since I have no idea of Sather's "system". Either Dale should have never left Berglund or Kasper was supposed to cover up. Neither you nor I know the answer to that. However, the problem would have never existed had Lundmark not released his man.

Old
10-03-2003, 07:21 AM
JR#9*

TB--I have the game on tape and watched the play specificly to break your balls on the matter.It was ALL Dale and HE clearly had Berglund and was the one who realesed him.

Kaspar picked up the right guy who was going to the net on HIS side of the ice.Exactly what he's suppossed to do.

Dale had 2 guys near him with Berglund being the closest as he was body to body with the guy and Dale chose to release Berglund in favor of picking up the guy in the faceoff circle---NOT Jamie, NOT Darius but DALE released the guy and I will gladly send you the tape to hear you admit that this is EXACTLY how the play went down.

Everytime Dale plays at this, his normal disgusting level of play you can never own up to it.It is always somebody else's fault or you have to always drag other guys into the mix saying "well Poti hasn't been so great eithe"r or"the M+M boys also sucked" but it can never be a flat out "yeah, Dale really played like ****" or anything along those lines.

Your Pro-Dale arguement is losing steam very quickly here and will continue on the downward spiral.

Old
10-03-2003, 07:29 AM
True Blue

Quote:
TB--I have the game on tape and watched the play specificly to break your balls on the matter.
Of that I have no doubt (the breaking my ball$ part).

"It was ALL Dale and HE clearly had Berglund and was the one who realesed him."

It can't be ALL Dale since Lundmark was responsible for his man and CHOOSE to let him go. Don't let you dislike of Dale and like of Jaime blind you to the fact that the poor play started with him.

"Kaspar picked up the right guy who was going to the net on HIS side of the ice.Exactly what he's suppossed to do"

I saw the same play you did, yet recall NOT seeing Kasper near the front of the net.

"Everytime Dale plays at this, his normal disgusting level of play you can never own up to it"

Now you are beginning to insult me. Look back on this thread. Have I not said that I cannot argue with the fact that Dale's overall play has not been up to par? Did I not say that he HAS NOT taken the same leap in his play that he did from 2 years ago to last year? How is that not owning up to something.
Speaking of owning up, I say the same thing to you. Can't go on bashing the defense w/o mentioning the rather pourous play of the M&M girls.

"It is always somebody else's fault "

Again, look back and see that I have said that Dale has not shown much this camp. However you HAVE GOT to stop denying the fact that Bobo has not been impressive. Neither has Malacough. For that matter neither has Poti. So stop trying making it look like Purinton is single-handedly bringing down the level of defense. He has got plently of help in that department.

Old
10-03-2003, 07:47 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
1)It can't be ALL Dale since Lundmark was responsible for his man and CHOOSE to let him go. Don't let you dislike of Dale and like of Jaime blind you to the fact that the poor play started with him.

2)I saw the same play you did, yet recall NOT seeing Kasper near the front of the net.

3)Now you are beginning to insult me. Look back on this thread. Have I not said that I cannot argue with the fact that Dale's overall play has not been up to par? Did I not say that he HAS NOT taken the same leap in his play that he did from 2 years ago to last year? How is that not owning up to something.
Speaking of owning up, I say the same thing to you. Can't go on bashing the defense w/o mentioning the rather pourous play of the M&M girls.

Again, look back and see that I have said that Dale has not shown much this camp. However you HAVE GOT to stop denying the fact that Bobo has not been impressive. Neither has Malacough. For that matter neither has Poti. So stop trying making it look like Purinton is single-handedly bringing down the level of defense. He has got plently of help in that department.
Not looking to insult at all but you just keep going on proving the exact point I made even in this post.

It can never be a flat out "it was Dale's fault".It always has to be"well this guy also did this or that guy also is playing sh1tty".That's all I'm saying.

Even yesterday you start out with a statement "I don't want to hear any Dale bashing until Boris giveaway is addressed" which is ridiculous as it wasn't close to the numerous bad plays and decisions Dale made during the game so this example just proves the point I was trying to make.Didn't mean to insult but that's just the fact of the matter.

And as for the play in question starting w/Lundy, yes, he didn't pick up the man in the faceoff circle but Dale immediately went to Berglund and bodied him up only to release him to pursue the guy in the faceoff dot.There is NEVER a situation when that is the right play to make for a D-man to let him man get behind him all alone to stand infront of the goalie in favor of picking up a guy further out on the perimeter.NEVER.

And w/this I will let it die.Just had to get all my Dale anger out as I wasn't able to get here other than for 2 seconds and I'll be gone until next sunday as I leave for Disney 1st thing tomorrow mourning.

Old
10-03-2003, 08:40 AM
True Blue

"Not looking to insult at all "

I did not mean insult as in literal. But that's ok.

"Just had to get all my Dale anger out as I wasn't able to get here other than for 2 seconds and I'll be gone until next sunday as I leave for Disney 1st thing tomorrow mourning."

Remember to go to ESPN on the Disney boarkwal to catch opening night.

Closed Thread