HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marek Svatos

Old
08-27-2010, 10:14 AM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

vCash: 500
Malkin is playing wing this year with Staal at center

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
I think he'd be a better fit with Malkin to be honest.

Sid seems more of a give and go type player, a guy who likes to work down low in the corners. Malkin likes to hang on to the puck for longer stretches and Marek needs someone like that to create time and space for him to get open in the slot.

Either way, it's not a bad risk for you guys if it's really cheap. Just don't get your hopes up. It could work out, but don't be surprised if it doesn't and he's a healthy scratch by December.
I think Svats will find more success if he plays with crosby because Crosby loves to play down low and thats where Svatos shines. Im so excitied and happy for him if they actually sign him.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Svatos would be fabulous with Crosby on the rush. His ability to elevate the puck down low would make him deadly, when paired with crosby's passing ability.

Morever, I think Crosby is the natural fit for svatos. The way he dominates down low, it would take of lot of the attention off Marek in his scoring zones. I can already imagine him sneaking in off the far post and putting it to the crossbar. I'm not saying it will work, but it has promise.

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Mile High Monsters

Svatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Rumors are now floating around he could sign with Pittsburgh. Could he succeed with on a line with Sid and Kunitz?
I don't think Svatos will fit into Pittsburgh based on their team chemistry. I think that he won't find his groove unless he plays for a team that is low-marketed. Such as Nashville or St. Louis. Canadian teams, Colorado, Detroit, NYR, chicago or pittsburgh won't work for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HishonHishoff View Post
Plays hard...needs change of scenery really bad....if he came even halfway close to his production in his rookie year, you could call the acquisition a "win" for the preds....It's not out of the realm of possibility that he could bounce back....the guy does give effort.
I agree, Svatos does need a change of scenery, but I think the question is which scenery would suit him best.

Mile High Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 09:46 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Rumors are now floating around he could sign with Pittsburgh. Could he succeed with on a line with Sid and Kunitz?
Crosby might be the best player in the league, but let's put it this way: Svatos was on pretty much every line on what was a very high scoring Avs team last season, but only managed seven goals and four assists, as well as a team worst minus-13.

I agree with Shero's strategy of not investing alot in wingers, but signing Svatos will parallel the Satan signing of two off-seasons ago. Yeah, maybe you'll get the guy scoring for a while, but eventually the flaws of his game will become too overwhelming.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 12:22 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
might I also mention, for the pens fans, that Svatos is a horrible passer.

When I say that, it's not designed to mean he doesn't have an passing instincts (which he doesn't), or isn't a tape to tape passer. (which he isn't either.)

no, he's the type of player who will miss an open guy ten feet away from him by a foot. There have been many times over the years I have watched him drift passes several feet wide of open targets. He is by far one of the worst passers in the league.

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 02:26 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
If Svatos is signed below 1M on a two way contract he could very well be the best thing that ever happens to Crosby during his entire career. If both (and I mean Marek here) plays up to their expectations it would be a productive season. Svatos played best with Turgeon and Crosby is already a much better player/passer than Pierre. The question mark is if Svatos can get back to anything close to that 30G mark. I'd offer him at least 1M on a two-way contract to find out. Throw in bonuses if thrives. There's not much to lose if he doesn't fit and you move him to the minors.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 02:40 AM
StanGetz*

I wish Svatty all the best, in Pittsburgh, or where ever he ends up.

I highly doubt he signs a two way deal though. I have a feeling he'd be much happier, and more comfortable back home, if that's the case.

StanGetz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 03:57 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGetz View Post
I wish Svatty all the best, in Pittsburgh, or where ever he ends up.

I highly doubt he signs a two way deal though. I have a feeling he'd be much happier, and more comfortable back home, if that's the case.
I'm not sure...yeah, a two way deal with the AVs right now is one thing, but a two-way deal with the chance to stick with Crosby who is a world class passer in need of a finisher is a horse of another color.

I wish Marek the best as well. I just hope it happens in the Eastern Conference.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 01:37 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
If Svatos is signed below 1M on a two way contract he could very well be the best thing that ever happens to Crosby during his entire career.
I honestly don't know what to say to this

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote