HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles Thread: Not Preseason

Closed Thread

Old
08-21-2010, 02:50 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Hence why I told any potential Jason Peters defenders not to cite his Pro Bowl appearance last season as an appropriate indication of his level of play....
Yeah I know. He had his issues in Buffalo too.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
08-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Amateur Hour

vCash: 500
http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/video...8E9jcwU0u_OY0a

You tell 'em, Diddy! He did everything short of call Andy Reid a big, fat ***** (wussy).

Old
08-21-2010, 09:11 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Ray Didinger: Great sports writer? Or greatest sports writer?

Old
08-22-2010, 03:06 AM
KevinLin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
And not as the best LT in football? So, wait, he's going against the opinion of Andy Reid? What the hell is going on?! Look at the kind of money Peters is making, and then look at his performance so far as an Eagle (and to all those about to say he made the Pro Bowl last year, save it... if you think he deserved it based on his play, you didn't watch the games) -- it's nauseating.

Not being able to convert 3rd and shorts because we can't effectively run the football is going to cost us 2 wins this season, minimum.
Not going to blame 3rd and shorts on your tackle so much.

Old
08-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLin View Post
Not going to blame 3rd and shorts on your tackle so much.
Uh, I wasn't. That's why I started a new paragraph... I was merely just adding on to my previous post.

Old
08-27-2010, 07:31 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Jackson got hurt. Upper body injury. Wont return to the game.

Old
08-27-2010, 09:10 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Kolb just had his worse preason game yet... So far 6 for 19 and 1 int

Old
08-28-2010, 01:55 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Some more news. Jackson might not be hurt, just a strained neck. Bad news for Trent Cole, he has a sprained ankle and is getting an MRI Monday.

The Eagles won in the last minute. Kafka threw a 18 yard pass to Cooper who scored. Kafka went 9/13 with 0 INT and 1 TD.

Kolb had a really bad game going 11/25 with 1 INT and 0 TD. Even though ESPN doesnt know what their talking about half the time, they were tearing him up. There were a few passes Maclin should have caught from Kolb but Maclin also had a bad game. Bell didnt really impress me. I know he will just be a backup but there is nothing to write home about. Shady had a good game with a nice TD. Nate Allen is a monster and I still laugh at the people who said we shouldnt have drafted him. One of the smartest rookies I have seen. Lindley had an INT playing on the 1st team for a rep.

This team needs alot of work or we are looking at season with close to or less then 5 wins.

Old
08-28-2010, 02:39 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Jason Peters is absolutely awful, I mean, really, really bad.

Tamba Hali beat him until he was unconscious and then kept beating him. I don't blame Kolb that much, he hardly ever had a pocket. Reminded me of those 2 Dallas games when McNabb struggled. Sure he didn't play well, but at the same time, he couldn't drop back without getting hit.

We gave up 4 sacks in 3ish quarters to the frickin Chiefs? That's pathetic.

Old
08-28-2010, 03:17 PM
uvegotafrendinpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Some more news. Jackson might not be hurt, just a strained neck. Bad news for Trent Cole, he has a sprained ankle and is getting an MRI Monday.

The Eagles won in the last minute. Kafka threw a 18 yard pass to Cooper who scored. Kafka went 9/13 with 0 INT and 1 TD.

Kolb had a really bad game going 11/25 with 1 INT and 0 TD. Even though ESPN doesnt know what their talking about half the time, they were tearing him up. There were a few passes Maclin should have caught from Kolb but Maclin also had a bad game. Bell didnt really impress me. I know he will just be a backup but there is nothing to write home about. Shady had a good game with a nice TD. Nate Allen is a monster and I still laugh at the people who said we shouldnt have drafted him. One of the smartest rookies I have seen. Lindley had an INT playing on the 1st team for a rep.

This team needs alot of work or we are looking at season with close to or less then 5 wins.
Honestly, I could deal with a five win season. Thats potentially a top 10 pick, where we could pick up a corner or trade back and get a OT or guard. The Eagles have been drafting well, I'm not saying we simply tank but Andy and company are doing well by building through the draft. The way they are moving, this team is shaping up to be scary in three or four years.

Old
08-28-2010, 03:27 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvegotafrendinpa View Post
Honestly, I could deal with a five win season. Thats potentially a top 10 pick, where we could pick up a corner or trade back and get a OT or guard. The Eagles have been drafting well, I'm not saying we simply tank but Andy and company are doing well by building through the draft. The way they are moving, this team is shaping up to be scary in three or four years.
Not to sound like a d-bag (and I know we've had this debate), but am I the only one still not totally sold on Kolb?

It scares me that people think this is going to be a coronation season for him when we have a poor O-line and no running game. And just from a preseason standpoint, I feel like defenders are getting hands on his passes far, far too often.

I like the guy, I hope he does well, but this is far from an ideal situation and if a QB gets hit enough, sometimes it just never works out (see: Carr, David).

Old
08-28-2010, 03:48 PM
uvegotafrendinpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Not to sound like a d-bag (and I know we've had this debate), but am I the only one still not totally sold on Kolb?

It scares me that people think this is going to be a coronation season for him when we have a poor O-line and no running game. And just from a preseason standpoint, I feel like defenders are getting hands on his passes far, far too often.

I like the guy, I hope he does well, but this is far from an ideal situation and if a QB gets hit enough, sometimes it just never works out (see: Carr, David).
I share many of your concerns, but there is just something about the fact that Andy has been watching Kolb the past three years and has to see something in him to be confident. I hear Ray Didinger talk about Kolb and his feelings give me the impression he's on the same page as Andy.

On the O-line, even Manning and Brady would be having issues if their line was getting pieced together like this. I caught some of the game last night and even having Herremans back seemed to pick them up a bit, I can only hope Jackson coming back will have a similar effect. We'll see how this effects the run game...

Old
08-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:

You're not the only one, and you're totally justified in your concern. I mean, aside from two games last season -- one of which came against one of the worst teams in the NFL -- what has he shown you? It's not like playing QB in this league is easy, and I don't expect this to be the smoothest transition for Kevin, especially with our OL tossing up a turd sandwich every game (how Andy/Roseman didn't look at the OL this offseason and see that it would be a major concern is beyond comprehension). ****, even with a good OL, you have to think Kevin would struggle a bit as he gets acclimated to being a starter and opposing defenses get a chance to study his game film and scheme against him. With a bad OL, this season is going to be a complete and utter disaster. This team has the raw talent to win 9 games, and I really like how the D is shaping up, but if the OL doesn't get its **** together, Kevin and our offense are both going to be abysmal, our season will be hellish, and Andy/Roseman are going to have quite a bit of explaining to do as they realize they're not exactly the geniuses they make themselves out to be.

All that said, I like Kevin and think he has the ability to be a capable starting QB in this league. However, give any established QB our OL and see if they play well.

Old
08-28-2010, 04:12 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I'm sold on Kolb being a talent, but I'm not sold on Kolb being successful (as the rest of our offense stands right now). The O-Line is the core, it's where it all starts. If your O-Line doesn't work, nothing works. I knew this was going to happen, but the Fat Man was convinced that they would be able to hold together, and didn't bring in a single OL between the draft and free agency, so barring something drastic, I don't see the O-Line getting any better, leading to a sub-.500 record. Kolb gets no time, so he can't make the throws deep to D-Jack, rendering the passing game mostly ineffective, and don't get me started on our poor running game.

Old
08-28-2010, 04:44 PM
FlyHigh

Yeah I agree with all you guys pretty much.

Having Stew-Brad back is awesome and while I was initially having a hissy-fit that they didn't pick Thomas, looks like they might have done very well with Graham and Allen.

Old
08-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Start Leighton*

I feel like we have a D that can take over the game again. A big part of that has to be Bradley and Sims are gonna be a ***** for other teams to handle the whole game also Brandon Graham seems to be tearing it up. Also agreed about Allen looks to be good so far. I am happy about our draft class after watching a couple games so far. The D is there if the offense can click we might have something special but to early to tell.

One question though who are some guys you are pulling for to make the team?
Mine is Chad Hall.

Old
08-29-2010, 01:05 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I'm not sold on the D. They're just too small, and are going to get pushed around by big, strong teams just like against the Cowboys last year. Graham is another Trent Cole, which is all well and good, but in general we've got a small defense. On top of that, the secondary remains a question mark, especially if a CB gets hurt, meaning Lindley, Patterson, or Hanson would be a starter. If Hobbs starting isn't scary enough, that is.

Old
08-29-2010, 10:07 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1500
This Joe Mays character we traded away sure looks to be a good player for Denver.

@DubFromAbove
@Avs_Tweets
Old
08-29-2010, 10:42 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
This Joe Mays character we traded away sure looks to be a good player for Denver.
He looked good in preseason here as well until teams in the regular season found out he could not cover and game planned for that.

Old
08-30-2010, 01:05 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I'm not sold on Kolb either. In fact I fully expect a off year.

Old
08-30-2010, 05:52 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
One question though who are some guys you are pulling for to make the team?
Mine is Chad Hall.
Riley Cooper.

Or as he is known in my house...Broski.

Old
08-30-2010, 08:12 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
He was an absolute beast in preseason. He has done really well at camp too.

Old
08-30-2010, 09:12 AM
mm6492

Quote:
Riley Cooper.

I would hope that Cooper is basically a lock by now.

Old
08-30-2010, 11:49 AM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
He was an absolute beast in preseason. He has done really well at camp too.
People were ranting and raving about Mays at Lehigh and in the preseason for the past two years. Then he got torched last year and lost the job to Omar Gaither. The dude is alright off the bench, but don't expect too much.

Old
08-30-2010, 11:54 AM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Quote:
Riley Cooper.

No way Cooper doesn't make the team. He's already (according to the writers, I didn't go to TC) locked down the #4 spot. I think it's Washington/Baskett/Hall battling for 1-2 spots at the WR mark.

What about a surprise cut (or not so surprising, as many guys are up in the air)? I'll go with Q Demps, who has shown nothing beyond being a mediocre KR. Willing to bet Ingram is also gone.

Closed Thread