HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Patrick O'Sullivan

Old
08-28-2010, 03:42 PM
BringTheReign

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
He will get his shot. I would like the Avs to be the team to do it. A good safe environment with a ton of good young talent to grow with. Throw him on the wing on the third line and see what he does.
He can't play a defensive role. He's too soft and gets off his game if he's knocked around or a goal is his fault. With the Kings he only did well if he was in the top 6, and that's the reason why I think no one has signed him yet. He's either top 6 or bust, and after last year I don't know of many NHL teams that would want him in their top 6.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 03:46 PM
FaceOfTheFranchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Maybe he should try a try-out with Nashville. Barry Trotz could be the one coach who could help him out mentally and get him in the league properly.
Don't really see a spot for him with the forward depth we already have, but if he wants to come to camp then more power to him

FaceOfTheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 05:10 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLostQuinn View Post
I think O'Sullivan is still a talented player who hit a rough patch in his young career. It doesn't help that he was playing on a depleted Oilers squad. I wish Buffalo would pick him up. I think he could score 20 goals in a top 6 role with the right linemates.
POS does not seem like a guy who would fit with Ruff's system.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 05:12 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Would love him on the leafs, regardless of his terrible defensive play. We could use a legit top-6 forward

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnTpoint View Post
I dont think Burke will bite on POS at all. POS is exactly the softy type player that Burke strives to keep off his team.

IMO POS is terrible and his days in the NHL are done.
Players at his age and offensive ability no matter how bad a season he had get second chances, See Samsonov

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 07:31 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

If you desperatly need someone in a 2nd line role then O'Sullivan would be ... okay. But the guy has to be one of the worst defensive players I have seen recently. -35, 16 more give-aways than take-aways last year, only 32 hits... just meh.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 08:38 PM
TyBOZAK*

Could be a great addition to any team.. especially Toronto .

TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I have no idea why he isn't signed. I was really high on this guy back in LA.. Personally, I think he's had some bad luck.
big time defensive liability.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 06:59 AM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan001 View Post
I think Patricks last choice would be Toronto. I believe his Dad still lives in the TO area and knowing the heated and sometimes violent relationship between the two I'd say TO would be last on his list. That said if the Leafs are the only team offering, guess he'd have no choice.

I'd say the Pens should take a gamble and invite him to camp. He might be what they're looking for on Sids left side.
Patrick O'Sullivan is from North Carolina... That is why when he was dealt from the Kings at the deadline and Kings fans heard he was going to Carolina, we were very shocked.

I hope a team does give him a try out. I think Nashville is the perfect place for him. Wish he had panned out as Kings second-line left wing!

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 08:01 AM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
He can't play a defensive role. He's too soft and gets off his game if he's knocked around or a goal is his fault. With the Kings he only did well if he was in the top 6, and that's the reason why I think no one has signed him yet. He's either top 6 or bust, and after last year I don't know of many NHL teams that would want him in their top 6.
His best year with the Kings he played he was solid defensively and was one of the team's main penalty killers. Then he got a big contract.

The hope would be that the lack of interest humbles him a bit, and he comes in hungry and willing to work hard again.

We have no way of knowing what is happening. Is there a lack of interest because he thinks he is still worth $3M per and a guaranteed top-6 spot? Or is he willing to come in on a tryout and do whatever it takes to rebuild his value?

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote