HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - New Jersey.

Old
08-29-2010, 12:46 AM
Trottier
Very Random

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhark Attack View Post
if its vasyunov and a first, we would need a mid prospect thrown in.
I know that forwards typically can switch around positionally, but isn't Vasyunov a LW? Reason I ask:

If/when Kovy is re-signed, combined with Parise (who will be going nowhere) and quite possibly Tedenby on the horizon, its going to be futile trying to crack the left side on NJD for the next decade. As such, I'd be much more inclined to move Vasyunov than Palmieri, who is a RW with size. IMO, he slots in perfectly alongside Parise and Zajac once Langebrunner's contract expires next summer.

I'd be very surprised if Lou moves him.

BTW, this is separate from Toronto (or anyone for that matter) taking on Rolston's contract, as I simply don't see that happening.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 12:52 AM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

There are other teams out there with more cap space that would be mre willing to take on Rolston's contract. Us taking on Rolston and losing the ability to dumb Finger greatly lowers Burke's ability to make a deal or aquire a big free agent next year. I think Burke would rather have that cap space then a late first.

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 07:23 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
I know that forwards typically can switch around positionally, but isn't Vasyunov a LW? Reason I ask:

If/when Kovy is re-signed, combined with Parise (who will be going nowhere) and quite possibly Tedenby on the horizon, its going to be futile trying to crack the left side on NJD for the next decade. As such, I'd be much more inclined to move Vasyunov than Palmieri, who is a RW with size. IMO, he slots in perfectly alongside Parise and Zajac once Langebrunner's contract expires next summer.

I'd be very surprised if Lou moves him.

BTW, this is separate from Toronto (or anyone for that matter) taking on Rolston's contract, as I simply don't see that happening.
i completely agree, but it was vasyunov rolston and a first for finger. thats a big price tag to get back while sending vasyunov (far from a blue-chipper but still valuable) and having to wait until the 3rd round next year at the draft. i would be VERY hesistant to include palmieri in any deal at this point

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend

vCash: 50
we'd be above the cap if we did this...

Finnish your Czech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 11:19 AM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
And the Leafs dont??

The entire premise of trading Finger to a team that intends to bury him is flawed. If there's one team in the league that has the most financial resources, and can actually benefit from having a guy like Finger in the AHL, it's the Leafs. They're by far the league's most profitable team, and are the only one with an AHL franchise down the street which struggles to get get fans through teh gate.
teachers don't like to spend their cash

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 11:32 AM
TheSilencer

Not interested, at all.

We can't really dump Rolston either because of the 35+ contract. I don't want that contract hanging over our head. Finger's cheaper and can be dumped if necessary. Taking on Rolson would basically handcuff us for the next 2 years.

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote