HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Off Season Training article and videos

Old
08-29-2010, 04:12 PM
HowToHockey

vCash: 500
Off Season Training article and videos

I thought you guys might like this article, there are some great videos in there as well
http://www.kevinneeld.com/2010/off-s...ey-development

HowToHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 12:11 AM
dpixel8

Which slide board is used there? And is it one of the many I have seen that cost WAY more than what I can afford? :

Really would like to pick one of these up to use, as my conditioning is just not what I would like it to be, due to not being able to get to the rink more than ~2 times a week.

dpixel8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 11:25 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpixel8 View Post
Which slide board is used there? And is it one of the many I have seen that cost WAY more than what I can afford? :

Really would like to pick one of these up to use, as my conditioning is just not what I would like it to be, due to not being able to get to the rink more than ~2 times a week.
build one yourself for < $20 with an 8' x 2' (or 1 1/2") piece of melamine and a couple of scrap 2x4s on either end. get some foam to buffer the edges of the 2x4s and make them softer for your feet and stick some on the bottom to prevent slipping. done it a couple of times. isn't very mobile but you can't beat the price.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 11:00 PM
HowToHockey

Yeah the slide boards are pretty pricey. I know hockeyshot has a decent one for just over $100, still expensive unless you use it a lot. I would recommend trying to build your own first and then if you love it, buy a real one

I did that with plyo boxes and eventually bought some good ones.

If anyone is thinking of buying a slideboard you can always grab the $10 off coupon from the sidebar on our site, takes a bit of the edge off.

HowToHockey is offline   Reply With Quote