HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Bykov remains head coach, no lessons learned?

Old
08-23-2010, 05:39 AM
Washington Capitals

vCash: 500
Russian coaching duo re-signs for 2+2 years

Didn't see a new thread on this, thought I would put it in here...

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...html?tx_ttnews

Quote:
MOSCOW – The Russian Hockey Federation has prolonged the contracts with its national team’s coaching duo Vyacheslav Bykov and Igor Zakharkin. The new contract was signed following a meeting on Thursday in Moscow. The duo will also continue to coach KHL team Salavat Yulayev Ufa.

Bykov and Zakharkin signed contracts for four years with an out-clause for the federation after the 2012 IIHF World Championship. “The coaches will be evaluated after two years. The main criteria will be how well prepared the team is for the 2014 Olympics on home ice in Sochi as well as the performance in the 2011 and 2012 World Championships,” the federation’s director Valeri Fesyuk told Sport-Express.

Bykov and Zakharkin have been the most successful duo behind the Russian bench since the end of the Soviet era. In their four World Championships they brought home as many medals – two times gold (2008, 2009), one silver (2010) and one bronze (2008). However, the team was eliminated in the 2010 Olympics already in the quarterfinals after a 7-3 defeat against Canada.

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 07:03 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
y are you against a foreign coach? national pride? are you aware that the hockey program in spite of glamorous MHL/KHL face is spiraling downwards?
i would say you are overreacting in this case. there is nothing wrong with russian hockey program but just bundle of problems which had influence on junior hockey. BTW dont think that foreign coach can resolve these problems but only russians by them selfs

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 07:06 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunost View Post
I'm against it too. Not just national pride but that there is no need. like the previous poster said, this is not football, and Russia doesnt need to learn anything from anyone. Russia is ranked #1 in the world with Russians only. Russia just needs to get more organised.
If you ask me, its not Bykov but his dumb assistant with the big mouth.

And Hockey Russia is not spiralling upwards, I think its doing the opposite. The downward spiral is from the bad 90's other than that. KHL makes young players exited, clubs are getting more serious, and the MHL is making young players strive and work hard. Not to mention vyshka that will soon be a good farm system. Overall, I would say hockey is on the rise.

I know that people are upset at the olympics, but we lost to the gold medallists. As for the WC, **** happens.

I doubt foreigners will be effective in fixing the problems, its the FHR that needs to smarten up.
signed here

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 02:28 AM
PsychoDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinogradov8 View Post
Fine: ya ne govoru shto amerika menya ne menayet, ya govoru shto ya ne menayouc stokoje kak drugiyi.

Now, my cousin has changed much more then me, he wears those stupid cargo pants, has a justin beiber haircut and now when asked about if he is Russian/from Russia he says "only physically" and that disgusts me! I hope you know where im coming from with this.
So what about going back? Where is your home? You're from Odessa, its not Russia. Russia, you have never lived there. You have no clue, pal. Go, go home to mother Russia and enjoy your bloodlines. But you chose not to do so and rather live in the foreign America for your own good. That says something.

PsychoDad is offline   Reply With Quote