HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Timonen not mentally ready yet

Old
08-30-2010, 06:49 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
I hate having Leighton as the #1 as much as the next guy, but seriously? Kimmo played well over 100 games last year and the #1-2 defenseman on both his NHL and his national team. He went pretty deep in the Olympics and lost, then went as deep as you can go in the Stanley Cup playoffs and lost. Him saying, "I not mentally ready yet" or "it felt like ten months went down the drain" suggests that he had his goal at the end and he didn't make it, and he's still trying to recover from it. This guy was in Nashville for years and didn't play in the Conference finals in '08. He finally got to the Stanley Cup, he lost, and he's saying that he's drained, not that he's going to kill Paul Holmgren.
Yep.

He's 35, never really got a chance at winning a Cup, finally got it, and feels like he blew it. He knows he only has a few more good seasons in him and knows he doesn't have as many chances left as say, a 21 year old JVR.

I think once he gets back on the ice, gets comfortable with this team, and starts to see where the team is headed, he'll start to calm down and get going again.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 08:14 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I think once he gets back on the ice, gets comfortable with this team, and starts to see where the team is headed, he'll start to calm down and get going again.
Talk about a whole thread of overreaction. I HOPE Kimmo is still deeply wounded by losing the Cup. I hope he turns that anger into making friggin' sure it never happens again.

The first slapshot off the foot a TCamp, the first cut lip in a scrum and he'll be just fine. Nothing like the taste of your own blood to reignite a warrior.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugiswrong View Post
Timonen is from Finland, where people are a little bit more prone to depression on the average.
I was under impression that Finland is top 3 countries in terms of living conditions. So why would he be depressed with American dollars?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 09:02 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugiswrong View Post
Timonen is from Finland, where people are a little bit more prone to depression on the average.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnGoalie View Post

err...alright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I was under impression that Finland is top 3 countries in terms of living conditions. So why would he be depressed with American dollars?
Actually Finland has one of the highest rates of suicide in the world. Most of Europe is up there as well.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 09:36 AM
rban*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Actually Finland has one of the highest rates of suicide in the world. Most of Europe is up there as well.
Doesnt surprise me. You think Vancouver's seasonally affective disorder is bad? Try months and months without seeing the sun at all in a cold northerly polar climate.

During one season the sun never sets, and another season it never rises at all. (disclaimer: not saying Finland is alone in this, i believe Norway Sweden parts of Russia have this as well)

Enough to drive anyone batty IMHO.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 09:58 AM
DenverBoone

300 days of sun here.

DenverBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Miss Mess

I feel bad for Kimmo and the other older players. I still can't believe we lost on a ****** goal like that. Ugh.

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 04:24 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post
I feel bad for Kimmo and the other older players. I still can't believe we lost on a ****** goal like that. Ugh.
Takes 4 games to lose the Cup, not 1 goal.

Old
09-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Takes 4 games to lose the Cup, not 1 goal.
what about at least three goals any AHL starter could have stopped

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 09:16 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
what about at least three goals any AHL starter could have stopped
You tell me. He walked out with a better GAA and Save % then the goalie who hoisted the Cup.

Shoulda coulda woulda. We all knew what was going on while they were going into it. No point in continuing to ***** about it 3 months later. Last I checked, season starts in another month.

Old
09-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
interesting...

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 01:39 PM
TheCriddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCannon18 View Post
What do you expect from the guy?

You think he's gonna talk about how life is great coming so close to his and his teamates lifelong goal only to come up short. Doesn't matter how good or bad your GM is. Losing in the stanley cup finals sucks and has to take a huge mental strain on the players.
Hextall never got over it... still hasnt...still can't watch any highlights of that series

TheCriddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 04:24 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCriddler View Post
Hextall never got over it... still hasnt...still can't watch any highlights of that series
It sucks for veterans in Timonen's caliber to come so close .....it's def hard to get over it unlike a JVR who obviously believes he will be back.

On a different note...look at Barkley....a distinguished superstar career in the NBA and nothing to show for it.....now he's all fat and sloth like....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 03:26 AM
KaraLupin
카라

Kimmo needs to man the **** up. You have a cup-contending team that (arguably) got better in the off-season. You should be amped knowing you have another chance at the big trophy this season as well.

Teams like Atlanta/Columbus/Florida/etc. don't even make the playoffs that often, and he's whining cuz his team went all the way to the finals? Pff.

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 07:54 AM
TheCriddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
It sucks for veterans in Timonen's caliber to come so close .....it's def hard to get over it unlike a JVR who obviously believes he will be back.

On a different note...look at Barkley....a distinguished superstar career in the NBA and nothing to show for it.....now he's all fat and sloth like....
Look at Roenick , i think his only cup chance came with the blackhawks in the early prime of his career and he never got back to the finals after all those years

TheCriddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 08:33 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCriddler View Post
Look at Roenick , i think his only cup chance came with the blackhawks in the early prime of his career and he never got back to the finals after all those years
Yeah he's another good example. It was so bad in his case he lived vicariously through the Blackhawks this past season and broke down after they won the cup. It's like a parent that lives vicariously through their children....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote