HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers sign Tim Kennedy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-30-2010, 11:48 AM
  #26
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,954
vCash: 500
Another body to push Avery.

1 Million or whatever closer to axing Redden too...

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 11:50 AM
  #27
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Another body to push Avery.

1 Million or whatever closer to axing Redden too...
Give me a break HBNYC, you're brighter than that.

EDIT: In reference to the Avery comment, not Redden.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 11:51 AM
  #28
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 27,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Give me a break HBNYC, you're brighter than that.
Agreed. I'll second the notion that a Kennedy acquisition is in no way related to any potential Redden move.... at all...

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 11:51 AM
  #29
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Note; he only played about 8 seconds of PK a game with Buffalo, so he is still raw in that area when it comes to NHL lever competition.

Then again so is Prust. The two players are very similar except that Prust is a bit bigger and can fight, whereas Kennedy chips in a bit more offense, like a 4th line Ryan Callahan. (I know we hear this about Weise a lot, but Weise has size)

If he ends up being a guy we interchange at 4th line LW with Boogaard, I think thats a role that will work well for this team.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 11:53 AM
  #30
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Agreed. I'll second the notion that a Kennedy acquisition is in no way related to any potential Redden move.... at all...
This team is already in a position where they need to send down Redden...

We will keep Redden until Staal is signed and then down he goes... theres really no other way to go. And yeah this signing doesnt affect that at all.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 11:53 AM
  #31
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Agreed. I'll second the notion that a Kennedy acquisition is in no way related to any potential Redden move.... at all...
Well I agree with him that Redden is most likely headed to Hartford, but no I don't believe that this move has anything to do with that.

I do not however, think that in any way is it possible to consider Tim Kennedy an Avery replacement.

Just another shot at a player who either gets way too much credit from fans or no where near enough.

Sucks for him too, cause he's decent for what he does.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 11:55 AM
  #32
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,267
vCash: 500
More unnecessary, unneeded acquisitions and moves.

Sather, focus on the goal. We have so much depth (and bad ones at that) that it's ridiculous. What is he trying to do? All these players are going to hate each other - literally ~15 players are fighting for ~5 spots or so.

Sign Staal, remove Redden. Be done with it.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 11:56 AM
  #33
FultonReed
ew, you did what?
 
FultonReed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
More unnecessary, unneeded acquisitions and moves.

Sather, focus on the goal. We have so much depth (and bad ones at that) that it's ridiculous. What is he trying to do? All these players are going to hate each other - literally ~15 players are fighting for ~5 spots or so.

Sign Staal, remove Redden. Be done with it.
took the words right out of my mouth...

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 11:56 AM
  #34
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Note; he only played about 8 seconds of PK a game with Buffalo, so he is still raw in that area when it comes to NHL lever competition.

Then again so is Prust. The two players are very similar except that Prust is a bit bigger and can fight, whereas Kennedy chips in a bit more offense, like a 4th line Ryan Callahan. (I know we hear this about Weise a lot, but Weise has size)

If he ends up being a guy we interchange at 4th line LW with Boogaard, I think thats a role that will work well for this team.
I imagine Boyle is a goner now too.

I see a multi player deal coming if they can find the right partner and can acquire a C. Sathers is still working the phones for sure

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 11:56 AM
  #35
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Another body to push Avery.

1 Million or whatever closer to axing Redden too...
Also makes an offer sheet of 5.5 mil per to Staal currently unmatchable.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 12:05 PM
  #36
squishy
Registered User
 
squishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Grachev and weiss should just say no thanks to their camp invitations
Grachev showed absolutely nothing last season to suggest he's ready to jump into the NHL, and Weise is a borderline NHL fourth-liner who everyone fell in love with because Clark name-dropped him a few times. If they can't beat Kennedy for a spot in the line-up, they don't deserve to be in NY. We're not talking about a grizzled vet taking time from kids here. Kennedy's 24 years old with a fair bit of promise himself, and if this signing proves true, we get him for nothing but salary. If he works out, great. If not, Hartford needs more quality forwards.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 12:09 PM
  #37
squishy
Registered User
 
squishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
Also makes an offer sheet of 5.5 mil per to Staal currently unmatchable.
No one is giving Staal a $5.5m offer sheet. Period. End of story.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 12:10 PM
  #38
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Grachev showed absolutely nothing last season to suggest he's ready to jump into the NHL, and Weise is a borderline NHL fourth-liner who everyone fell in love with because Clark name-dropped him a few times. If they can't beat Kennedy for a spot in the line-up, they don't deserve to be in NY. We're not talking about a grizzled vet taking time from kids here. Kennedy's 24 years old with a fair bit of promise himself, and if this signing proves true, we get him for nothing but salary. If he works out, great. If not, Hartford needs more quality forwards.
Thank you. Until Grachev pots 20 goals and starts playing consistently well in the AHL there is no way he is making it to NY. There were many times last year where I completely forgot we even had him on Hartford because he hadn't done anything.

Kennedy is a solid signing because he is a guy who can play at the NHL level and provide depth. We do have alot of depth but that never hurts. If anything, it keeps those guys who are on the bubble on their toes and makes training camp very interesting knowing that there are more candidates than spots. I like what is going on here...finding people who are going to push for spots and make camp an actual competition rather than a formality.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 12:13 PM
  #39
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
We recall that the Rangers inexplicably did not QO Sjostrom 2 years ago, either.

Kennedy in against softer teams, and non-rivals, Boogaard in if we feel that Henrik needs protection. Sounds like a fine rotation to me.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 12:14 PM
  #40
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
More unnecessary, unneeded acquisitions and moves.

Sather, focus on the goal. We have so much depth (and bad ones at that) that it's ridiculous. What is he trying to do? All these players are going to hate each other - literally ~15 players are fighting for ~5 spots or so.

Sign Staal, remove Redden. Be done with it.
How is 15 players fighting for 5 spots bad? The more competition there is, the harder they all have to work and the better those five players will be. They will know somebody is always gunning for their job and have to play at a higher level.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 12:18 PM
  #41
SkerZ
LGR
 
SkerZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Does Anyone know what his atoi per game was last year

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 12:19 PM
  #42
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
No one is giving Staal a $5.5m offer sheet. Period. End of story.
Probably not. But if you were a team willing to give Staal a 4.5 mil offer sheet, considering the compensation you would have to give up is the same for a 5.5 mil offer sheet, it becomes pretty tempting knowing the Rangers currently can't match.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 12:19 PM
  #43
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkerZ View Post
Does Anyone know what his atoi per game was last year
he played 1,000 minutes. So like 12.5 a game I think.

3rd line minutes. Around 30 seconds of PP time a game. He was Buffalo's 9th forward in TOI.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 12:20 PM
  #44
LamoTheKid
Registered User
 
LamoTheKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Zipay is tweeting it's official...

http://twitter.com/stevezipay/status/22537202638

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 12:22 PM
  #45
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 500
He is a Torts type of player i would think and personally i like this player. I like what he brings and hopefully he is successful this season.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 12:23 PM
  #46
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post
Zipay is tweeting it's official...

http://twitter.com/stevezipay/status/22537202638
Eminger is a hoot

Defenseman Steve Eminger, one of four new Rangers to report for informal workouts, jokes that he wanted to wear No. 7. Was told, no chance

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 12:24 PM
  #47
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !
 
x BEUKEBOOM x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY Rangerville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
This team is already in a position where they need to send down Redden...

We will keep Redden until Staal is signed and then down he goes... theres really no other way to go. And yeah this signing doesnt affect that at all.
If I'm wrong correct me, but Redden cant be sent down till the AHL season starts right?

Maybe there is a gentlemans agreement between Staals camp and Sather not to sign a contract until Redden can legaly be sent down and they are just both playing it off like, meh

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 12:27 PM
  #48
Dr. Ogrodnick
Registered User
 
Dr. Ogrodnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
If I'm wrong correct me, but Redden cant be sent down till the AHL season starts right?

Maybe there is a gentlemans agreement between Staals camp and Sather not to sign a contract until Redden can legaly be sent down and they are just both playing it off like, meh
Probably not, as the Rangers can go up to 10% over the cap until the season starts, which is coincidentally about the same amount as Redden's salary.

Also, the Rangers could send down a combo of Gilroy, White, MZA and/or Kennedy while keeping Redden with the big club and probably get under the cap with Staal signed. So no need to celebrate yet.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 12:29 PM
  #49
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,890
vCash: 500
From: @CraigCustance
Sent: Aug 30, 2010 12:22p

Spoke with Tim Kennedy's agent. Deal with Rangers isn't done yet, but... http://*******/9IKPbj

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/CraigCustance/status/22537714284

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 12:29 PM
  #50
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I imagine Boyle is a goner now too.

I see a multi player deal coming if they can find the right partner and can acquire a C. Sathers is still working the phones for sure
I'm not sure imo, I think the coaches are going to give him every opportunity to be a main stay based on his physique. Yeah he needs to improve, but as Torts showed he used him on 5 on 3's at certain times because of his defensive awareness/background. Is Boyle terrible? No. I want to see him throw the body around more and use his body and go to the net. Even mix it up more. If Boyle can take his game up a notch, having 2 guys 6'7 on a line can spell trouble for other teams in their end but at the same time they're slow as ****

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.