HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VI

Closed Thread

Old
08-29-2010, 05:37 AM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHoler View Post
re: Dustin Penner

If it's factual LA and EDM had some dialogue, I'm going to assume it was Dean who called Tambellini about Penner, then was probably met with a Jack Johnson in response..phone down. Edmonton is so damn small they would be crazy to trade Penner right now, unless it was an overpayment.
You're under the assumption that Tambellini knows what he's doing. Nothing he's done so far gives me the impression that he's even an adequate GM.

Old
08-29-2010, 10:56 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Dont break your arm patting yourself on the back. You've been wrong considerably more than you've been right. Besides, nobody likes a braggart, particularly one that doesnt have a "more often right than wrong" track record.
His job is to pass on information he hears. I don't consider that as being wrong. I also don't have a problem with him defending himself considering people are making claims that he's always wrong. Fact is he's not always wrong, espescially when you consider he is just distributing information.

Old
08-29-2010, 02:46 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
No way I'd trade Jack Johnson. The guy was not good his first 2 seasons in the NHL. He was awful positionally, would run all over the place and his physical play has been nowhere near his projections. Last season Jack turned the corner and is poised for greatness for years to come and should only get better. The Kings need to learn from their past mistakes regarding trading young defensemen and there are plenty of forwards to fill the Kings top 9 via free agency. Nobody bashed Jack more than me but give the guy his money and get his prime years in a Kings jersey or else watch him anchor another teams defense for years to come like Larry Murphy.

Old
08-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Trading a guy like Johnson would be a big mistake if it is not for a homerun. I would sign Kovalchuk at the risk of losing Johnson, but I wouldn't trade him for someone like Penner or some veteran. It needs to be a sure thing. Otherwise we are just spinning our wheels and repeating the mistakes of the past that have been so evidently pointed out. If there is no home run deal to be had, then sign a filler top 6 and let's get this season started and get these kids some more experience and see if we can't bump up some more talent next season.

Old
08-29-2010, 09:28 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Trading a guy like Johnson would be a big mistake if it is not for a homerun. I would sign Kovalchuk at the risk of losing Johnson, but I wouldn't trade him for someone like Penner or some veteran. It needs to be a sure thing. Otherwise we are just spinning our wheels and repeating the mistakes of the past that have been so evidently pointed out. If there is no home run deal to be had, then sign a filler top 6 and let's get this season started and get these kids some more experience and see if we can't bump up some more talent next season.
That ^^

Old
08-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Johnny Utah

Off topic kinda, but anyone with sources, ie CBGB, hear about the Kings signing a veteran enforcer for Manchester for bringing one on a try-out because Westgarth's hand is not better yet...

Tough pill to swallow knowing to start the season we won't have a tough guy in either the AHL or NHL club.

Old
08-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Off topic kinda, but anyone with sources, ie CBGB, hear about the Kings signing a veteran enforcer for Manchester for bringing one on a try-out because Westgarth's hand is not better yet...

Tough pill to swallow knowing to start the season we won't have a tough guy in either the AHL or NHL club.
For the AHL, the Kings have Jordan Nolan who can fill that role. In the NHL, Kyle Clifford may be able to take care of that position until Westgarth returns.

Old
08-30-2010, 02:29 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Clifford would be a rookie middleweight, he can go with other smaller guys but no way he can handle the big boys.

Old
08-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The best option for a camp invite to assume the role of team heavyweight would be Brian McGrattan.

Old
08-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The best option for a camp invite to assume the role of team heavyweight would be Brian McGrattan.

That's what I'm talking about!

Old
08-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

One more name to throw out there for a middleweight who can at least play and is a better option than Rich Clune is Matt Hendricks. He scored 9 goals and 16 points skating on the fourth line for Colorado last season.

Old
08-30-2010, 03:32 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Hendricks is not needed with Clune/Clifford/Simmonds. The team just needs a HW until Westgarth is back.

I'm with you on McGrattan as long as he signs a 2-way deal so he can be the enforcer in Manchester when Westgarth is ready.

Jordan Nolan is not a HW. Manchester will need more than just him. Actually, Manchester needs some muscle more than LA does since the AHL is a lot tougher; we don't need Moller and Loktionov getting run out of the arena on a nightly basis.

Old
08-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Kip Brennan FTW. But on a serious note, give UFA Todd Fedoruk a try-out...

Last edited by Cook24: 08-30-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old
08-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Hendricks is not needed with Clune/Clifford/Simmonds. The team just needs a HW until Westgarth is back.

I'm with you on McGrattan as long as he signs a 2-way deal so he can be the enforcer in Manchester when Westgarth is ready.

Jordan Nolan is not a HW. Manchester will need more than just him. Actually, Manchester needs some muscle more than LA does since the AHL is a lot tougher; we don't need Moller and Loktionov getting run out of the arena on a nightly basis.
Exactly, both Nolan and Clifford are like 19-20, can't expect them to fight NHL or AHL heavies, neither have the size, weight or experience...they will get killed.

McGrattan is prob holding out for a one way, Brennan is willing to sign a two way, he did the past few years for various NHL clubs.

Fedoruk is done, he has a steel plate in his face from Boogard and was told never to fight again...he still did the past two years but he is a shell of his former self and one punch away from losing his eye completely.

Old
08-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

RE: Fedoruk

Like Johnny said, he's done.

Old
08-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Exactly, both Nolan and Clifford are like 19-20, can't expect them to fight NHL or AHL heavies, neither have the size, weight or experience...they will get killed.

McGrattan is prob holding out for a one way, Brennan is willing to sign a two way, he did the past few years for various NHL clubs.

Fedoruk is done, he has a steel plate in his face from Boogard and was told never to fight again...he still did the past two years but he is a shell of his former self and one punch away from losing his eye completely.
I always remembers Brennan being a good fighter, always pumped the crowd up. His skill is obviously limited. Wouldn't mind seeing him back for limited ice time on a 2-way contract. Send him down to Manch once Westies healthy. Just looked, and I think Brennan is still signed on with Springfield in the AHL, nevermind.

Old
08-30-2010, 03:55 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

I just can't imagine a Kip Brennan return to the organization. Wasn't he on Celeb Rehab or something taking out a girl to Newps and getting her drunk? Bottom line is that he doesn't appear to ooze character. I'd take him back, of course, but I just don't see it happening.

McGrattan may not be too happy with LA in the first place since we drafted him and never gave him a shot. My only memory of him in a Kings sweater was running Mattias Norstrom hard in training camp. Blake or Luc (one or the other) went after him and a scrum ensued with Blake/Luc wrestling with each other a bit. Good times.

Old
08-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Johnny Utah

Brennan had 260+ pims last year in 50 or so games with Springfield. He is still always game and a good team mate. Let's see what the Kings decide.

Brennan is always run and gun, toe to toe, he wins most but when he loses he gets TKO'd. But he has some big victories over some big names in his past 10 years or so of fighting.

Old
08-30-2010, 05:52 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
One more name to throw out there for a middleweight who can at least play and is a better option than Rich Clune is Matt Hendricks. He scored 9 goals and 16 points skating on the fourth line for Colorado last season.
We have Simmonds, who already schooled Hendricks at FF12. Why would we sign someone we already beat down.

Old
08-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Kip Brennan FTW. But on a serious note, give UFA Todd Fedoruk a try-out...
Brennan's rep was ruined after the steroids rumor. He's a career AHL'er, and a bit of a loose cannon character wise. I think he'd be good, but no chance the Kings bring him back.

What's Joe Rullier up to these days?

Old
08-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The Kings have invited OHL enforcer Dylan King to their rookie camp.
http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=106836
http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Fights...9&Player=27666

Old
08-30-2010, 06:29 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

I'm glad a big goon is everyone 's main concern now.

Old
08-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I still think we need another top 6 forward.

Old
08-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Well, what else should be concerned about...Lombardi said we are fine on D, the forward lines seem set (minus the 4th line), there are no big name UFA's left.

It's either a trade for a top 6 for the Kings or we start the season as is, so I started talking about one concern...lack of an enforcer...which is true, Westgarth will not be ready for camp and Manchester has no one.

Old
08-30-2010, 07:15 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I still think we need another top 6 forward.
I'm happy somebody said it!

It has been a problem for quite awhile now.

I never thought I would hear the name Kip Brennan attached to a return to the Kings, the guy was playing for the Ice Dogs a couple of years ago.

His name just brings back some awful memories of some awful Kings teams and players. Brennan, Ryan Flinn, John Tripp, Erik Rasmussen, Esa Pirnes, Jeff Cowan.

I am happy that era is over.

Closed Thread