HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Price being shopped? To San Jose?

Old
08-30-2010, 07:33 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner88 View Post
pretty tough for a guy to goaltend from jail
One thing is for certain, he'll be between "the pipes".

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 07:36 AM
gifted88
Dante the poet

If Montreal doesn't sign Price or even trades him it's an epic fail for management. Why trade Halak, tell your fan base Price is the #1 going forward then turn around and trade him? Makes zero sense, if that happens I might be inclined to find another team to cheer for.

gifted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 07:56 AM
ruski17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
One thing is for certain, he'll be between "the pipes".

Good thing you made a clean prison joke...

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers84 View Post
to mtl
cogs
jdd or habby
jfj
3rd next year

to edm
price

edm gets a young goalie

mtl gets a good two way player an either #1 vet goalie or a good back up to ramo and a solid 3rd or 4th line hitter
Quantity does not equal quality. Nice try though.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 09:48 AM
NewtJorden
SharksPackersAstros

Send a message via MSN to NewtJorden
Quote:
Originally Posted by gifted88 View Post
If Montreal doesn't sign Price or even trades him it's an epic fail for management. Why trade Halak, tell your fan base Price is the #1 going forward then turn around and trade him? Makes zero sense, if that happens I might be inclined to find another team to cheer for.
That would almost be as bad as NYI hiring Neil Smith and firing him 6 weeks later

NewtJorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 09:54 AM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

If they trade Price. and lock down Niemi for the dollars they were offering Price. It isnt that horrible of a scenario.

Re-stock/further stock - the prospect pool and still lock down a stanley cup winning goaltender. It could be worse.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers84 View Post
to mtl
cogs
jdd or habby
jfj
3rd next year

to edm
price

edm gets a young goalie

mtl gets a good two way player an either #1 vet goalie or a good back up to ramo and a solid 3rd or 4th line hitter
Montreal gets:

A third line smurf we do not have any need for. A goalie who doesn't come close to Price in talent (JDD) or who looks to be in prison soon and just missed a lot of time due to injury. A grinder. A 3rd. In other words, you offer all of the garbage you can think of, and hope it gets you Price? How would you feel if I made the following offer:

To Edm: Price

To Habs: Hall, Eberle, and MPS.

The taste of vomit in your mouth is how I felt reading your proposal. Garbage does not get a starting goalie of Leighton's calibre, never mind one with the potential of Price.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
I think Gomez is a nice /exciting two-way player too.

I only say he not a #1 center. He's a playmaker first but also a perrenial 10-20 goal scorer and is getting paid $8M for that. Montreal didnt gave him that contract...no even worse...they traded prospects to get him. Now all those prospects may not pan out, yet they have wasted valuable cap space. That was just not a good trade.

Personally I think it was a big mistake to trade Halak and not Price but it's too soon to jump to conclusions about that.

Absolutely ! x100 !

You just showed how childish you actually are. You feel good now ? Its hard to read something negative about Montreal..heh ?
The Gomez deal worked for Montreal. We lost cap space but gained Cammalleri and Gionta, both of whom have said that Gomez being here was a big reason for them signing here. You can dislike the deal, but to claim that it was not a good deal for Montreal requires a bit more than simple opinion. How did we do after the off season in which we made the trade and picked up the free agents that trade facilitated? We made the Conference Finals. You are entitled to an opinion, but if you want to make it an informed one, then recognize that the trade cost us nothing significant as of this writing, AND led to our going to the Conference Finals. The cap space is a concern, I agree, and do not think Gomez is worth the 7.3 million he is costing us, on his own. However, if sacrificing cap space enabled our team to suddenly become a place that free agents would want to come to, then that cap space cost is minimal to negligible.

The Halak trade is too early to truly tell, but we received a 1st (Eller) and a 3rd (Shulz) for a player that nobody considered worth more than a 2nd at the trade deadline. If Halak and Eller do well for their respective teams, then the trade is a wash. If Price then does well for Montreal, we win. Time will tell.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote