HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Miro Satan --- Anyone? Anyone?

Old
08-29-2010, 01:58 PM
cain44

vCash: 500
Satan?

Has anyone heard if Boston is even considering re-signing Miro Satan?

cain44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 02:09 PM
nmbr_24

They have Savard, Bergeron, Krejci, Wheeler, Lucic, Horton, Recchi, Ryder, Paille, Thornton, Campbell and Seguin signed. They have Sturm on LTIR and they have Marchand, Colborne and Caron competing for a job and Steve Begin has been quoted as saying the Bruins would like to re-sign him, it doesn't look like they have room for Satan.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 02:31 PM
cain44

Hmmm, sounds like you're right. I'm gonna go ahead and say though that, short term, Satan has more upside than Ryder. Ah well.......

cain44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 02:55 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=813551

don't think we need two satan threads

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 03:45 PM
rcduthie77

Still perplexed as to why the Bruins did not immediatly re-sign him this off-season.

Miro looked great with David Krejci as his center and played very, very well for us. Showed us heart and desire, especially in the playoffs and I really feel like he earned himself another go-round in beantown.

Hopefully before all is said and done this off-season Chiarelli will at least bring him to camp and let him try to re-capture the magic with Krejci.

rcduthie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 05:02 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcduthie77 View Post
Still perplexed as to why the Bruins did not immediatly re-sign him this off-season.

Miro looked great with David Krejci as his center and played very, very well for us. Showed us heart and desire, especially in the playoffs and I really feel like he earned himself another go-round in beantown.

Hopefully before all is said and done this off-season Chiarelli will at least bring him to camp and let him try to re-capture the magic with Krejci.
We have a different view on Satan, I thought he was invisible most of the time, I didn't think he looked great with Krejci except for a couple of occaisions. When he scored was almost the only time I noticed him. He did play a little better in the playoffs, but so did Ryder, and Ryder brings more to the team than Satan does in my opinion.

There just doesn't seem to be any room for him, Nathan Horton is a much better player than Satan and Seguin is probably going to start out on the wing. I would much rather have those guys than Satan. I would also rather have Lucic, Wheeler, Ryder, Recchi and Sturm. I would play all of those guys over Satan and that is 7 wingers for the top 3 lines as it is, never mind if Colborne or Caron impresses enough in camp to earn a shot in the NHL. That is 9 wingers that the Bruins have signed that could play on the top 3 lines.

Satan would be a great injury replacement to have in Providence if they still allow emergency recalls without the player having to go through waivers first.

Old
08-29-2010, 05:16 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cain44 View Post
Hmmm, sounds like you're right. I'm gonna go ahead and say though that, short term, Satan has more upside than Ryder. Ah well.......
I don't agree with your sentiment, while they both scored at almost the same clip, Ryder seemed to me to do more while he was on the ice than Miro did. While Ryder will never be confused with a Selke winner, he can and does throw some hits and play a little more D than Satan does.

I don't see where Satan fits on this team right now, he could be carried as the 13th forward, but usually those guys are a little better defensively than Satan, so that they can play in any situation that they are needed to play in. Brad Marchand would be a much better choice in my opinion, even Steve Begin would be better. Both can play on the 3rd or 4th line if needed. Satan has to be on a scoring line to be effective at all. He just isn't the usual type of guy that we usually see as a depth forward unless he is in Providence.

Old
08-29-2010, 05:17 PM
JCameron418

He should sign with the Devils

JCameron418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

I feel immature because the title of this thread made me crack up.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Jeff Finger 4

mods, theres already a satan thred, why 2? why? srsly.

Jeff Finger 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 09:25 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCannon18 View Post
He should sign with the Devils
lol , i've said this forever that the coolest jersey would be a satan devil's jersey. they would have to let him have three numbers though. 666

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 03:14 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by cain44 View Post
Has anyone heard if Boston is even considering re-signing Miro Satan?
I think Boston announced that they wouldn't re-sign Satan or Begin right before free agency began.

Makes sense. Boston doesn't have room for him. Since Satan is no checker or grinder and not an energy player, he belongs in the top 6. With Savard, Lucic, Krejci, Sturm (LTIR), Horton, Ryder, and likely Seguin in the Bruins top 6, there is no room for Satan. There isn't even room for him on the 3rd line; Wheeler-Bergeron-Recchi should be that line.

Satan will probably wait around until mid-season until a team needs a forward/more offense and then he'll get an offer, just like the Bruins did last year. Right now, I'd be surprised to see him on an opening night roster.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 04:15 AM
Hampe
The Hampster

Miro's still a good player, but as far as the Bruins are concerned, I don't see there being enough room to make him want to come back. I'm sure someone will pick him up eventually, probably not for a while though.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 06:16 AM
jayl

now im not a leafs fan but since they keep saying they need forwards its funny they dont pick him up,it would be a cheap way for them to get a little offense

jayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 06:23 AM
MLSE

He was a fan of playing a half season so he can be good for the playoffs, he should do the same thing.

MLSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 10:01 AM
KrugLife
Registered Champion

maybe mid-season again, but I doubt it

KrugLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 02:20 PM
lefty2time*

Demitra Satan Bonda Palffy

where did all the slovaks go? looong time passsssiiinngggg

fading stars

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
Ugh, just sign with the Devils and wear #66 so we can all buy the jerseys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
I'd love him on the nucks, you think they'd let him have 666 as a jersey? I'd sign him just for the humor alone.

If he was on the Devils he'd need to be 66, I hate the Devils but I'd buy that jersey.
No. Andy Greene would have have to give up number 6. Then with the numbers on each sleeve he'd be 6-6-6.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 03:23 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
Ugh, just sign with the Devils and wear #66 so we can all buy the jerseys
I would do that immediately and i'm not even a devils fan. That's just too coincidental of an opportunity to pass up .

SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote