HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

The OFFICIAL Northeastern Huskies Thread

Old
03-24-2009, 04:46 PM
bubba5

vCash: 500
Hopefully they get back on track this weekend!!!!!Would be nice to see them in the frozen four!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 11:16 AM
njdevscup30
Boom Boom

vCash: 243
NU needs to play with some swagger. Not this "We think we're good but we're not too sure and hopefully we can squeak out a win" mindset they've had recently.

njdevscup30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Puck Farise

For those in the NU area looking for somewhere to watch this game tomorrow, and are old enough to drink....I've heard Connor's will be playing the game on all TVs.

Puck Farise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 10:48 AM
njdevscup30
Boom Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE7 View Post
For those in the NU area looking for somewhere to watch this game tomorrow, and are old enough to drink....I've heard Connor's will be playing the game on all TVs.
Connor's I believe will be open to all ages for tonight's game. Qdoba will also be airing the game on their projection screen.

Old
04-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Puck Farise

After losing Thiessen, Vitale, Ginand, Liotti, and some extras this year, my thoughts....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeywY96kF7g#t=1m34s

Back to being a sub .500 hockey team at best.

Puck Farise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 09:04 PM
WDR357

Quote:
After losing Thiessen, Vitale, Ginand, Liotti, and some extras this year, my thoughts....

Mebbe.....The goalie they are bringing in to replace him was the MVP of the BCHL this past year. Not a bad start. Assuming everyone else is back they'll again roll out 3-4 lines that can score. A far cry from all the years they had two lines, sometimes at best!

BU loses much more than NU, and BC isn't looking so hot right now either. Really ULowell looks as tough as anyone in HE next year. At least on paper!

WDR357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Loto68

Quote:

The biggest loss is obviously Thiessen because we don't even know if the back ups can play. If they are decent we can still have a winning record, Wade Macleod, Alex Tuckerman and Steve Qualier, will all take major leaps next year.

Loto68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Loto68

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDR357 View Post
Mebbe.....The goalie they are bringing in to replace him was the MVP of the BCHL this past year.
Who?

Old
04-04-2009, 11:56 AM
WDR357

This kid. I think he'll be hard to miss.

http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/roster...D=161641&pos=G

Old
04-07-2009, 03:32 PM
njdevscup30
Boom Boom

I think we'll be middle of the pack in Hockey East next season. Thiessen is a big loss, but Rawlings will hopefully step in like Brad did his freshman year.

As for offense and defense, there won't big a big drop off. Have a few offensive and defensive prospects that should fill in for everyone leaving except Vitale. Vitale will be missed.

I expect Tuckerman and MacLeod to lead this team next year. Qualier and McNeely right with 'em.

Old
04-25-2009, 11:40 PM
northeastern

Im expecting a season that will end with an ok record. I havent looked much at what is coming in but the people we are losing will definitely make an impact. Hopefully people like Qualier and tuckerman step up and have good years. really looking forward to see what bu looks like next year. they should be losing a lot

northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 09:58 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I hear that Steve Quailer might be moved to Center this year.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/2009/08/30/quailer/

That should be interesting if he stays there.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Loto68

Can anyone tell me anything about Chris Rawlings?

Old
10-05-2009, 04:15 PM
rattymcrat99

Send a message via AIM to rattymcrat99 Send a message via Yahoo to rattymcrat99
Rawlings looked slow over the weekend. Hopefully it was nerves, but he doesn't seem like he has much lateral movement/can't get up quickly after going down, he is a big boy though, hopefully he can figure it out

rattymcrat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2009, 06:26 PM
WDR357

He looked fine in goal against UML last weekend. Two goals in his 58 plus minutes on the ice. Certainly wasn't the reason they lost. Obviously, he'll get better as the season progresses.

Old
11-11-2009, 07:30 AM
rattymcrat99

great game against bu friday night, not so great a game against bc saturday night. hopefully it was b/c they did a little too much celebrating and just weren't themselves.

this weekend should be interesting, if we can't take points from maine this weekend, we'll be in a pretty deep hole quite early. i'm thinking we need at least three, if not all four.

Old
11-13-2009, 02:38 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Has there been any update on Quailer's injury status?

Old
11-16-2009, 07:06 AM
rattymcrat99

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Has there been any update on Quailer's injury status?
Done for season last I heard. I don't think he needs surgery, but he needs a few months for it to heal and do rehab. I am pretty sure he has applied for a medical red shirt.

Old
11-16-2009, 09:01 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattymcrat99 View Post
Done for season last I heard. I don't think he needs surgery, but he needs a few months for it to heal and do rehab. I am pretty sure he has applied for a medical red shirt.
Thanks, that's what I had heard.

Old
07-31-2010, 09:27 AM
NUhockey
Roy So Hard

Not sure if this is final, but it appears the Huskies have nabbed a top BC recruit who decommitted weeks before school has started: Cody Ferriero.

http://warriorrinkrat.com/2010/07/29...-northeastern/

NUhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2010, 08:40 PM
northeastern

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUbruins View Post
Not sure if this is final, but it appears the Huskies have nabbed a top BC recruit who decommitted weeks before school has started: Cody Ferriero.

http://warriorrinkrat.com/2010/07/29...-northeastern/
I say sign me up. I don't know details like you but its good to see kids seeing NU as a comparable program to BC.

northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 08:20 PM
SkinsFan09

Well, coming into this 2010-2011 season I think we should make the playoffs considering we were only 1 point out of 8th seed and 3 points out of a home playoff spot last season.

How good will Rawlings be? He's a bit erratic but has had flashes of brilliance like the 43 save shutout vs. BU last November. He was also great during the Beanpot and was screwed by his defensemen who decided to try and get fancy for some reason.

Offensively our top forwards should be McNeely and MacLeod. Quailer coming back is huge. Someone else has to step up though.

Defensively...we are young...Newton was a big loss. Hopefully one of the freshman can stand out like he did last year.

All in all, I think Rawlings is much more consistent and it comes down to how well we are on D. I don't think it's out of the question to nab a home playoff spot in the Hockey East playoffs. My goal is to get a 6-seed or higher to avoid BC or UNH in the first round; also hoping for the first Beanpot since 1988. We have no excuse to not make the final at least. Harvard is not going to be very good this year.

The DogHouse has to keep Matthews a tough place to come play.

Go NU!

SkinsFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 01:34 PM
rattymcrat99

cody ferriero is the younger brother of ben that won the national championship at BC.

I think rawlings will be great this year, if he plays with more consistency he will be hockey east's best, and probably one of the nation's best.

Quailer coming back is going to be huge. Last preseason they built much of the game plan around him being a huge part of the offense, losing him was the difference between playoffs, and maybe home ice, and what happened.

I think MacCleod and McNeely will be the offensive leaders, but last years freshman and Quailler will take a lot of burden off their shoulders and I think we can expect to have a pretty balanced offense. Defense will probably be our weakness. Student left too to transfer to Minnesota I believe, so we're going to be relying pretty heavily on freshman back there. But, if Rawlings is consistent, and we can keep the puck more than we don't have it, that will help to soften the impact of the loses we had on defense.

as far as outlook for the season in terms of positioning, I think we have a real shot at home ice advantage. The way I see this season playing out is there will be a bunch of teams at the top, and the top six or maybe seven spots will be real tight, then the bottom three or four will be way in the basement.

bu is going to be good again, bc should be good again, but they should've been good again two years ago, and bu should've been good again last year. however, bc hasn't lost as much this year as those two teams did, so i think they will be scary. unh will likely contend for the regular season crown. leaving NU, uvm, merrimack and lowell to battle it out for the last home ice spot i think. providence will probably finish last and maine and amherst will be in a race for the eighth spot.

for the beanpot, i think we are lucky that we're playing harvard this year, that being said, we thought we were lucky three years ago. we should be able to beat them, then it will come down to getting it done in the spotlight. i would like to see NU win a beanpot real soon, i think that is the next step for this club and they probably won't be able to do much more than have successful years but not quite make it all the way. also, the last three beanpot winners have gone on to be national champions, so if we can pull off the win, who knows...

Old
08-30-2010, 01:47 PM
rattymcrat99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFan09 View Post

How good will Rawlings be? He's a bit erratic but has had flashes of brilliance like the 43 save shutout vs. BU last November. He was also great during the Beanpot and was screwed by his defensemen who decided to try and get fancy for some reason.
Another note on Rawlings, the amount of improvement he experienced over the course of last season was crazy. i remember the exhibition game, watching him struggle to move laterally and he looked awful when trying to get up and go down. but he quickly got up to speed and was one of the better goalies in the league.

If he starts where he left off and develops consistency, then he will be great. If he stays out his tenure, he will likely develop into a better goalie than thiessen, or at put up better numbers.

it just pains me to think of how good he could be or how much better we could've been last year with thiessen and rawlings splitting time, thiessen would obviously have gotten more time, but could've taken some nights off and rawlings wouldn't have been shoved into the spot light so quickly and would've had more time to develop before taking the reigns, or he would've been redshirted and given a year to adjust to the college lifestyle and gotten a feel for the atmosphere before even having to play any games.

Old
08-30-2010, 04:07 PM
SkinsFan09

Is there anyone who looks like they could be a breakout freshman, especially on defense?

SkinsFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote