HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VI

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
It's a problem, but this is the official Kings rumor thread and since the only way we can get a top 6 is by making a trade, we might as well talk and speculate about the remaining spot that needs to be addressed through UFA.

Old
08-30-2010, 07:41 PM
CBGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Off topic kinda, but anyone with sources, ie CBGB, hear about the Kings signing a veteran enforcer for Manchester for bringing one on a try-out because Westgarth's hand is not better yet...

Tough pill to swallow knowing to start the season we won't have a tough guy in either the AHL or NHL club.
Westgarth will be ready - the hand is healed

When he DOES start the season on time, can you put a chalk mark on the CBGB was right side of the blackboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Dont break your arm patting yourself on the back. You've been wrong considerably more than you've been right. Besides, nobody likes a braggart, particularly one that doesnt have a "more often right than wrong" track record.
I've not only had both arms broken, I can pat myself with my FEET, too! Okay, tell me what I've been WRONG about? Teams TALKING! No. Deals that I announced that didn't happen. No. So where am I wrong? Eric Lindros. Okay, you got me there. Who says nobody likes a braggart? Women LOVE confident guys. Guys just think we're d***s. As for my "track record", like I said, I've hardly been "wrong" on what I've said. POSSIBLE deals can't be considered "wrong" because their not put out there as FACT. If indeed, they were FACT and then something else happened, I would be wrong. But since that's not the case...

As for "defending" myself. I like coming on here and stirring the pot. It's what I do, unlike others who write what they write then disappear while you call them names. If you were in L.A. we'd be at the bar before the game drinking beer (Bass Ale) and arguing about players coaches and how the Montreal Canadiens won most of their cups when there were only 6 teams.

Cheers!

Last edited by CBGB: 08-30-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old
08-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
Great news. Now we just need someone for Manchester to protect the boys. Maybe this camp invite Dylan King kid gets a AHL contract. Nolan will be in the mix too.

Old
08-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:

When he DOES start the season on time, can you put a chalk mark on the CBGB was right side of the blackboard?
Sorry, we used up all the chalk marking the other side.

Old
08-30-2010, 08:03 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Sorry, we used up all the chalk marking the other side.
hahahaha

Old
08-30-2010, 08:17 PM
MollerManor

Quote:

I've not only had both arms broken, I can pat myself with my FEET, too! Okay, tell me what I've been WRONG about? Teams TALKING! No. Deals that I announced that didn't happen. No. So where am I wrong? Eric Lindros. Okay, you got me there. Who says nobody likes a braggart? Women LOVE confident guys. Guys just think we're d***s. As for my "track record", like I said, I've hardly been "wrong" on what I've said. POSSIBLE deals can't be considered "wrong" because their not put out there as FACT. If indeed, they were FACT and then something else happened, I would be wrong. But since that's not the case...

As for "defending" myself. I like coming on here and stirring the pot. It's what I do, unlike others who write what they write then disappear while you call them names. If you were in L.A. we'd be at the bar before the game drinking beer (Bass Ale) and arguing about players coaches and how the Montreal Canadiens won most of their cups when there were only 6 teams.

Cheers!

You personally being right or not in the past to me is irrelevant. As long as you continue to associate yourself with a website lead by a guy who is such a joke and farce, it makes your credibility look bad. (Mostly at the fault of just one man.)

Take my opinion for what it is worth, but if you start your own "KingsSources/Rumors etc." I think reporting and passing credible information to us will be "defending" itself.

Old
08-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollerManor View Post
You personally being right or not in the past to me is irrelevant. As long as you continue to associate yourself with a website lead by a guy who is such a joke and farce, it makes your credibility look bad. (Mostly at the fault of just one man.)

Take my opinion for what it is worth, but if you start your own "KingsSources/Rumors etc." I think reporting and passing credible information to us will be "defending" itself.
What could you possibly mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklund
*Another source tells me a "Cup Contender is about to make a move that will shock some people."
Where else are you going to get the real scoops...

Old
08-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Well, what else should be concerned about...Lombardi said we are fine on D, the forward lines seem set (minus the 4th line), there are no big name UFA's left.

It's either a trade for a top 6 for the Kings or we start the season as is, so I started talking about one concern...lack of an enforcer...which is true, Westgarth will not be ready for camp and Manchester has no one.
Quote:
It's a problem, but this is the official Kings rumor thread and since the only way we can get a top 6 is by making a trade, we might as well talk and speculate about the remaining spot that needs to be addressed through UFA.
I have a feeling that we sign Comrie or someone of the like as a stop-gap rather than trade or go into it as is.

Old
08-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I have a feeling that we sign Comrie or someone of the like as a stop gap rather than trade or go into it as is.
Kyle Calder is still available...

Old
08-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'd rather go with Moller or move Stoll to LW with Schenn as the #2 center, but Comrie wouldn't be a bad stop gap either. He can play center or LW.

Old
08-30-2010, 08:30 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
What could you possibly mean?

Where else are you going to get the real scoops...
Nobody is better at writing sentences that mean absolutely nothing. I have to believe Ecklund has read a book on how to be vague in every sentence he writes-or maybe he hasn't? It's really too tough to tell right now, more to come tomorrow.

Old
08-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Kyle Calder is still available...
LoL, don't remind us >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I'd rather go with Moller or move Stoll to LW with Schenn as the #2 center, but Comrie wouldn't be a bad stop gap either. He can play center or LW.
My sentiments exactly, except for maybe the Schenn part. Need to see how he does in camp. If he impresses, then a stint with the Kings maybe in order or even more...

Old
08-30-2010, 08:40 PM
CBGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Nobody is better at writing sentences that mean absolutely nothing. I have to believe Ecklund has read a book on how to be vague in every sentence he writes-or maybe he hasn't? It's really too tough to tell right now, more to come tomorrow.
Meanwhile, 150,000 people will refresh HockeyBuzz and put 750 bucks in his pocket. The man knows how to work his audience and they keep coming back.

Hate him all you want but he is the TMZ of the hockey world.

Wish I would have thought of it

Old
08-30-2010, 08:58 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
This is my thought, only the other way around....Schenn breaks in as a winger, that way he gets the second line mins but doesn't have to deal with all the responsibility of a center his first season. Then throughout the year, through injuries he gets a few games at center, so he eases into the position.

Old
08-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
This is my thought, only the other way around....Schenn breaks in as a winger, that way he gets the second line mins but doesn't have to deal with all the responsibility of a center his first season. Then throughout the year, through injuries he gets a few games at center, so he eases into the position.
That could work too, but I'd rather he take the same development path as Mike Richards.

Old
08-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I don't mind CBGB and his reports, until he goes on to write things that sounds definite or write things about players like Simmonds that are not true (like the Kings shopping him).

Old
08-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Youngblood93

I am going to throw this out there. I thought of it when the Hawks walked away from Niemi.

I can see the Kings signing Niemi and dealing Quick + to the Flyers for Carter. I know PH said Carter's not available but he's making 5 million this year and is a RFA next summer. If he puts up another 40+ goal year, he'll be looking at a pretty nice raise.

You'd have to figure if the Kings got him they would look to sign him long term with a reasonalble cap hit of 6-7 million.

With a Kopitar/Carter duo up the middle the Kings wingers will become much better than they are now

Old
08-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I don't mind CBGB and his reports, until he goes on to write things that sounds definite or write things about players like Simmonds that are not true (like the Kings shopping him).
I enjoy all of CGBG blogs for Hockybuzz. They have some great humor in them and just because he hears rumors from sources doesn't mean the Kings are entertaining them. He's a nice change from boring bloggers

There's no doubt in my mind that DL called about Penner (big forward that can play a top 6 role) and of course Tams asked for JJ. Why wouldn't he? That doesn't mean DL said "sure, done deal"

Old
08-30-2010, 10:05 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Great news. Now we just need someone for Manchester to protect the boys. Maybe this camp invite Dylan King kid gets a AHL contract. Nolan will be in the mix too.
Kaunisto? He has to size to do the job, a solid base as far as skills go, could see him being treated and trained as the new "Big bodied guy out of college" ala Parros and Westie.

Old
08-30-2010, 10:52 PM
MollerManor

Quote:
Meanwhile, 150,000 people will refresh HockeyBuzz and put 750 bucks in his pocket. The man knows how to work his audience and they keep coming back.

Hate him all you want but he is the TMZ of the hockey world.

Wish I would have thought of it

And until you realize anything different, the majority will continue to discredit you and call you out.

Good luck, guy.

Old
08-31-2010, 12:11 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollerManor View Post
And until you realize anything different, the majority will continue to discredit you and call you out.

Good luck, guy.
Discredit him all you want. You're probably making 45 grand doing a job you hate while he's making more doing a job he loves.

Old
08-31-2010, 12:15 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

eklund = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulacrum

Old
08-31-2010, 12:27 AM
MollerManor

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Discredit him all you want. You're probably making 45 grand doing a job you hate while he's making more doing a job he loves.

I am talking to my source about this now to confirm dollars.. length still not confirmed, update to follow. Stay tuned...

Old
08-31-2010, 12:28 AM
Fishhead

If Stoll moves to wing I would make an offer for Savard. Yea, his contract is long but it's got one of those happy endings the league is trying to get rid of. Pretty easy to get around those last few years.

Old
08-31-2010, 02:10 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Fedoruk is done, he has a steel plate in his face from Boogard and was told never to fight again...he still did the past two years but he is a shell of his former self and one punch away from losing his eye completely.
For a while I was beginning to wonder if Fedoruk was Russian for "Hey...wanna win a fight???"...

Closed Thread