HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ESPN Keeper Fantasy Hockey League (EKFHL) Season 1

Closed Thread

Old
08-31-2010, 09:11 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Alright, I'll look into it tonight. Obviously I can't do anything at work (site is blocked).

I'm still trying to figure out the details of keepers and how they work, I had some questions on how ESPN gave the League Manager options for it(wasn't clear).

But, one thing is definite: Your keepers from this season to be used for next season must be chosen by August 31, 2011 (@ 10PM).

Old
08-31-2010, 09:34 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
PS I suggest everyone uses the make a jersey feature thing. It'll actually adds a surprising amount of character to the league in the few ones ive seen. Only 5 of us in so far. This league is really big, so I am a bit worried it'll stay active and people checking on...

But it if works out really well, this is going to be a really awesome league.

Old
08-31-2010, 09:36 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
PS I suggest everyone uses the make a jersey feature thing. It'll actually adds a surprising amount of character to the league in the few ones ive seen. Only 5 of us in so far. This league is really big, so I am a bit worried it'll stay active and people checking on...

I expressed my concern to Jim about this via PM. 20 is just way too many imo. People will be out by week 4, if that.

Old
08-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Slowbro

still waiting on my invite

Old
08-31-2010, 11:45 AM
Slowbro

as for the IR spots: last season was bad in terms of injuries. i think everyone had at least a couple of their top round picks go down.

Old
08-31-2010, 12:03 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

I always seem to have five injured players in hockey at some point. In baseball, I usually have five injured players all season.

Old
08-31-2010, 01:01 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
All,

Also, I came into work to have 12 notifications. Good to see, problem is ESPN's fantasy site is blocked at work.

I have street hockey with co-workers tonight at 5, probably home by 7 or 7:30. Once I get settled down tonight and on the laptop, I'll send the invites out, so keep your eyes open tonight. So if you PMed me last night, no worries, you're in that "7 day deadline" and in.

Also, I brought up format for team names earlier: It's fair game, do as you please, as long as it isn't flaming another board member. Flaming Crosby is encouraged.
Quote:

Doesnt sound like its a problem. Already have 5 signed up and 12 more on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
still waiting on my invite
Guessing youll get it tonight

Old
08-31-2010, 03:07 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Im officially on the bandwagon that the league is too big...

Itd be one thing if all 20 people were involved. but we all know thats not gonna happen. I hope im wrong, however, this league is supposed to go a few YEARS... how it is now, I just dont see it having much long term success... which is the point of a keeper league.

Old
08-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Hollywood Couturier

I'm considering jumping on that bandwagon.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
08-31-2010, 03:46 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Didnt get the invite .

I do agree that to many people isnt a good thing... I can maybe see half be active.

Old
08-31-2010, 03:59 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

send me a vite, I"ll be there or I'm queer.

I say keep it 1 IR spot and 2 G - one for back up as one CAN go down with Injury - Cap it at that. With all the BENCH players here is No need to have 2 IR. Silly in IMO

Old
08-31-2010, 04:42 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
I expressed my concern to Jim about this via PM. 20 is just way too many imo. People will be out by week 4, if that.
From what it looks like, there's a lot to customize with the league. If people stop paying attention, we'll dump them at the end of the season and consider our options next season. From the looks of it, a good percentage (>80%) are in.

The way it's set up, I don't know if the 4 division winners get byes or if just the top 4 get byes in the playoffs.

Where I'm getting with that is if we're worried some people will stop paying attention, I can just do 2 divisions. Then with 10 teams per division, if 2 or 3 stop paying attention, there is still 7 people in the division in the race. It's not the best fix, but like a Ray Emery hip injury, I can't predict it.

Old
08-31-2010, 04:48 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Im officially on the bandwagon that the league is too big...

Itd be one thing if all 20 people were involved. but we all know thats not gonna happen. I hope im wrong, however, this league is supposed to go a few YEARS... how it is now, I just dont see it having much long term success... which is the point of a keeper league.
By a rough count of the notifications and the 5 I already invited, we've got 15 of the 20 in so far. And that's on the first day.

As for long term, unless you know the people and can hound them this is just an internet league. Like I told JSTAFF.

Look at it like NHL 08, which was a major overhaul in the series. Then 09 improved, then 10 improved on 09, etc. Same thing. This year is a dry run, and we'll assess the problems come end of season, and fix it. If "people dropping" is a problem, then we'll fix it then accordingly. But considering the bulk of the people are consistantly on HF and are reputable posters, I don't see it being a problem, because if someone ignores it, everyone on here is going to hound the hell out of them.

Old
08-31-2010, 05:52 PM
flyersguy33*

If people stop paying attention, you boot them and pick up another person. We are on a message board with thousands of members. Not hard to find a replacement.

Old
08-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Hollywood Couturier

When the league is run by said person on an ESPN account it's not that easy mid season to pick up a new person to run the team.

Old
08-31-2010, 06:05 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
send me a vite, I"ll be there or I'm queer.

I say keep it 1 IR spot and 2 G - one for back up as one CAN go down with Injury - Cap it at that. With all the BENCH players here is No need to have 2 IR. Silly in IMO
League is full, and I don't believe you're on the list. If a spot is opened up, everyone will be notified here.

Old
08-31-2010, 06:09 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
By a rough count of the notifications and the 5 I already invited, we've got 15 of the 20 in so far. And that's on the first day.

As for long term, unless you know the people and can hound them this is just an internet league. Like I told JSTAFF.

Look at it like NHL 08, which was a major overhaul in the series. Then 09 improved, then 10 improved on 09, etc. Same thing. This year is a dry run, and we'll assess the problems come end of season, and fix it. If "people dropping" is a problem, then we'll fix it then accordingly. But considering the bulk of the people are consistantly on HF and are reputable posters, I don't see it being a problem, because if someone ignores it, everyone on here is going to hound the hell out of them.
This was posted not even 2 hours ago, it's full since then?

Put me on the list, I'll ALWAYS be on and ****... no lollygagging.

Old
08-31-2010, 06:10 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
This was posted not even 2 hours ago, it's full since then?

Put me on the list, I'll ALWAYS be on and ****... no lollygagging.
It was full before. He just sent out the invites last night and 15/20 have responded.

Old
08-31-2010, 06:12 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
It was full before. He just sent out the invites last night and 15/20 have responded.
Ahhh I see...

Well then, if someone bails, I would like to be involved.

Old
08-31-2010, 06:24 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Sweet, thanks Jim.

Here's to me not sucking.

Wow, this is, so much better than Yahoo

Old
08-31-2010, 06:25 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

A decent amount of invites have just been sent, so check your emails.

Starting to get on board to the "20 teams is too much" bandwagon, handling 20 of these isn't easy.

IR slots is now set to 2.

What is everyone's opinion on two divisions vs. 4 to prevent potential "droppers" from effecting any major outcomes?

Old
08-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:

Starting to get on board to the "20 teams is too much" bandwagon, handling 20 of these isn't easy.

What is everyone's opinion on two divisions vs. 4 to prevent potential "droppers" from effecting any major outcomes?
I'm fine with that. I honestly don't care how the divisions or conferences look just so long as we have conferences at the very least.

Old
08-31-2010, 07:02 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Quote:

I like the 4 division set up. Makes it seem realistic, and two ten team divisions seem a little odd... but it makes sense to prevent anyone who drops from screwing **** up..

Your call in the end jim. I like being in the clarkie div with you though.... lol

Old
08-31-2010, 07:14 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
I like the 4 division set up. Makes it seem realistic, and two ten team divisions seem a little odd... but it makes sense to prevent anyone who drops from screwing **** up..

Your call in the end jim. I like being in the clarkie div with you though.... lol
Well I have the option to delete and invite owners now, pretty sure it'll be that way mid-season, so I'm not too worried.

Old
08-31-2010, 07:20 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Quote:
Well I have the option to delete and invite owners now, pretty sure it'll be that way mid-season, so I'm not too worried.
Sweet. Super power of veto, or whatever that thing is.

Four divisions with Flyers-themed names ... which way to go? The four from Mount Puckmore? The four retired numbers? The four greatest fighters?
This could all be as much fun to discuss as it would be to watch the season progress.

Closed Thread